Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

HoboTech posted:

And people thought this year would be better.

I don't know. Seems better to me. Now no one will get to play a Platinum Game that I was never going to be able to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Have the best friends talked about Dragon Age Inquisition before? I just purchased it as my second game after Bloodborne, and I was wondering if it would be worth my time?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HoboTech posted:

Charles Manson is dying.

That's an improvement.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Grouchio posted:

Have the best friends talked about Dragon Age Inquisition before? I just purchased it as my second game after Bloodborne, and I was wondering if it would be worth my time?

Pat mentions really liking it when it came out

Due to their guests' timezone, the podcast was supposed to start seven minutes ago. Still nothing and i'm waiting for their hot take on Scalebound's cancellation

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Grouchio posted:

It's pretty good, less diversity of choice than origins though. The skill system is kinda rudimentary, but it works well and combat is fluid. Honestly, the main story is a little weak toward the end compared to the others, but otherwise every major story beat is a unique area with its own flavor of encounters and/or puzzles. There's none of the recycled environments that were so prevalent in 2.

I've seen people bounce off it hard though, so while I know I like it, I couldn't wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who isn't already a fan of the setting.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

Maybe I missed it in the videos but why are they so dead set on having the 25% roll? Are they just being scrubs and thinking the 50% is a fat roll?

Because the mid roll is kind of garbage. It's not awful, but for a roll spammer like Woolie it's a death sentence due to its much slower recovery time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Darkcast has started and Poor Little White Boivin is sweating on camera.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Paige should become a regular cast member.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HGH posted:

I think Pat later streamed BoI on his own and killed himself on a blood donation machine?

https://clips.twitch.tv/angriestpat/UglyStorkAthenaPMS

Holy crap this is the best self-own ever.
fantastic. it is a rite of passage to wreck oneself on a blood donation machine.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pat mentions really liking it when it came out.

But he also seemed really disappointed that it beat out Dark Souls 2 for that one award show, and he dropped it like a rock when he decided to try Baldur's Gate.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

HoboTech posted:

There's already a good platinum game coming out this year, I mean what was the last project Kamiya worked on since W101

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Tae posted:

There's already a good platinum game coming out this year, I mean what was the last project Kamiya worked on since W101

Scalebound.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Scalebound always looked loving awful in my opinion so no love lost. I didn't need a third mediocre/bad platinum game.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Scalebound always looked loving awful in my opinion so no love lost. I didn't need a third mediocre/bad platinum game.

yeah nothing about scalebound looked good

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Agreed, as much as I like the idea and wish them all the best, it never looked like it was coming together. OTOH, Platinum's growing role as a consulting firm for adding Sick Stylish Action to other games will hopefully bring them prosperity.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
Well Kamiya hates it when his games make money, so I imagine he's pretty pleased right now.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Liam Robinson from Unseen64 talks a bit about it, the biggest take is that Scalebound's IP is owned by Microsoft, so that's likely the end of that.

I agree that the game didn't look great, but man, it sucks a lot that we've basically lost three years of Kamiya work like that. It'll suck waiting even more years for his next project.

https://www.twitch.tv/peachsaliva
Quiplash, as good as you'd expect.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 10, 2017

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I keep hearing that Kamiya is on paid vacation because of this breaking him down or something but can't find a source. Is that true?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I keep hearing that Kamiya is on paid vacation because of this breaking him down or something but can't find a source. Is that true?

Seems so. Eurogamer and Liam (Robinson) both say that, the latter saying it was a month long vacation for Kamiya and creative producer JP Kellems. This was done before cancellation at some point, "working with microsoft and being unable to get them to budge on certain creative aspects was putting a strain on their mental health, and so both chose to temporarily leave to recuperate"

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 10, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

HoboTech posted:

Kamiya literally said Scalebound was poo poo on twitter and I'm sure he's comically exaggerating to an extent to the people barraging him with questions, but that game never looked like it was gonna have anything decent made of it so this is probably for the best.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

White Boivin

This is the loving best

\/\/\/ Welcome to Skullgirls, Zeppeli Boivin

DPM fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 10, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I noticed Scholar of the First Sin is on sale for nearly half prince on PSStore.

I'm weak :negative:

Why did no-one tell me Dark Souls is actually good all this time.

The intro of Binding of Isaac is so beautifully awkward. "Liam told me I'd like this game...now I know what he was getting at."

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I noticed Scholar of the First Sin is on sale for nearly half prince on PSStore.

I'm weak :negative:

Hey man, getting in on SotFS for a discount rather than both at full price like my stupid rear end did is super optimal, I'm mad envious.

Excited for you though, that Shulva DLC is excellent.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Captain Baal posted:

Kamiya literally said Scalebound was poo poo on twitter and I'm sure he's comically exaggerating to an extent to the people barraging him with questions, but that game never looked like it was gonna have anything decent made of it so this is probably for the best.

I was just making a joke.

I had zero interest in Scalebound.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
tag yourself i'm freakzilla

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
It's Taz!

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I'm Anaconda.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Who the gently caress goes by Vick

Why would you choose that for yourself in this profession

I call Vick by the by

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Burkion posted:

Who the gently caress goes by Vick

Why would you choose that for yourself in this profession

I call Vick by the by

he's vick because he's gonna open up your throat real good

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Dias posted:

he's vick because he's gonna open up your throat real good

yeah but you gotta eat it though, and don't forget your charcoal

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Listening to Pat's Nintendo conspiracies is tortuous, especially when they're making news of the fake leak poo poo.

Why do people always fall for the fake leak poo poo and giant lists of fake poo poo?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Today in Dark Souls, Pat tries to drill through Woolie's thick skull for 5 solid minutes.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Pat trying to "subtly" hint at the hidden bonfire and wasting literal MINUTES is Peak Pat And Woolie Playing Dark Souls.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Neo_Crimson posted:

Today in Dark Souls, Pat tries to drill through Woolie's thick skull for 5 solid minutes.

In Woolie's defense, "look to the left of your shield" was baffling. I had no idea what Pat was getting at until he said he meant the icon.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Woolie is poo poo at directions and Pat chooses to use the character model as a reference for directions because he's insane.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Dias posted:

Woolie is poo poo at directions and Pat chooses to use the character model as a reference for directions because he's insane.

Oh, no, this is a whole other LEVEL of Pat Madness.

He was using the HUD as a reference for directions.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Pat trying to "subtly" hint at the hidden bonfire and wasting literal MINUTES is Peak Pat And Woolie Playing Dark Souls.

It's the only thing that's made me actually mad because it's complete loving nonsense

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
but it's perfectly pat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

In Pat's defense, Woolie somehow managed to attack everything in that area EXCEPT the wall. I'm still trying to figure out how he managed that.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 11, 2017