Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

seems kind of abrupt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Bust Rodd posted:

I just did the 2nd side quest in horizon and the Spear upgrade just changed my playstyle from "Cautiously plink at weakpoint of robot" to "Smash them into scrap in one or two hits". Did the change in power come from the spear upgrade, the level up, or both? Are there lots of upgrades like these in sidequests?

playing on very hard, will save ultra for NG+

Your character level only affects your HP, there's no damage scaling from level.

Anyway, you're just getting better at the game. Fighting small machines, they are very vulnerable to getting knocked down with R2 and critical hit with R1.

Outside the DLC, there are very few ways to scale spear damage. There's that one spear upgrade from the one quest within the embrace. There's a new spear you'll get as part of the main quest. There's the knock down perk that increases the likelihood that a R2 heavy attack will cause a medium machine to get knocked down. Then there are a few perks that increase damage with silent strikes and critical hits.

Silent strikes will carry you for most of the early-mid game, once you're familiar with enemy sight ranges when you're wearing stealth armor, you can basically run around all over the place stabbing everyone in the butt.

Other than that, your bread and butter means of dealing damage will not be your spear, but your weapons. To get good at this game, you should use all your weapons, they all have a use. Heck, I often wish I could have secondary weapon wheels, because I constantly cycle through multiple weapons as I change enemy statuses.

omg chael crash posted:

I just picked up HZD but I think that I read that the DLC adds skill trees I can use right from the beginning -- is that true? Would it be useful to buy the DLC now even though I won't get to that point for a while?

You should buy the DLC, some of the DLC skills are very useful. Some of the final perks in the base game are basically worthless, and I wish that I could respec them into the DLC skills.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Question regarding games that let you invert the x-axis, do the following?

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

How come whenever I start Uncharted LL it just shows me three characters faces on loop forever and never actually goes to the title screen? How do I play this game?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Sakurazuka posted:

Nope, apart from a tiny handful of games that might let you transfer progress (Diablo 3 and, uh??)

I miss Kojima promoing poo poo like Transfarring :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

man nurse posted:

How come whenever I start Uncharted LL it just shows me three characters faces on loop forever and never actually goes to the title screen? How do I play this game?

They want you to be on good terms with Naught Dog's ugly high-res skin technology

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
THE WoT KILLER HAS ARRIVED https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQGUY72zwR8

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Between this and the sexual harassment/assault/ohgod allegations, that new CEO was a real slam dunk pick.

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 23, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

What is reality?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't wait to re-explore the movie once again.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Meh, Asian English means no chance of a western release and importing is expensive :(

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Meh, Asian English means no chance of a western release and importing is expensive :(

Don't count it out yet; Bandai-Namco has brought over two Gundam games now after they got Asian English releases.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
cardboard camouflage is an actual mechanic lol

edit: i hope theres a mechanic where you can play accordion music and gain combat buffs

Phobophilia fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 23, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Midjack posted:

Don't count it out yet; Bandai-Namco has brought over two Gundam games now after they got Asian English releases.

Oh huh, still they announced the LWA game was getting a western release pretty quick so I'm not gonna hold my breath just yet.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Midjack posted:

seems kind of abrupt

I guess laying them off in November instead of End of December is a way to polish q4 results. 1 month less of salaries, server costs etc.

I loving hate capitalism, shareholder focus and all that this includes.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Deus Ex Mankind Divided is going for 9.95€ retail this black friday. I heard it is worse than HR wich I loved but, is it worth it? Is the DLC any good?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's $54 USD on Play-Asia right now, and shipping is a little over five bucks. It's roughly equivalent to buying a new retail game at a store to buy many of these Asian English imports.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Guillermus posted:

Deus Ex Mankind Divided is going for 9.95€ retail this black friday. I heard it is worse than HR wich I loved but, is it worth it? Is the DLC any good?

The DLC brings more rpg/story content but the base game is pretty action focussed and story light compared to what you'd expect from Deus Ex.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mankind Divided is sort of a snooze.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

never finished it because it ran like poo poo on my pc, but mankind divided seems more than worth $10. I hear the ending sucks tho

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yeah it's worth well over $10 but it's kind of hard to talk about the game without bringing up all the problems with it because they're so hard to ignore. The stuff you'd expect from deus ex is still there so the gameplay is great, with levels that are clearly designed to provide multiple options and it avoids forcing you to play any particular way. You can't forget that. But the writing, facial animation and much of the voice work is awful which makes it hard to get too immersed in the game, and the story feels utterly incomplete (and never will be complete now thanks to squeenix). Bafflingly, there are somehow fewer weapons than in the deus ex game that came out 5 years before MD. In fact nothing about it really feels like it justifies the 5 year dev time.

The microtransactions in the main game are dumb poo poo but completely ignorable. I get the impression that they were forced into the game late in development. Breach mode is total freemium garbage though--it doesn't play like deus ex at all because it's all about speedrunning, and you get all your gear from random packs which not coincidentally can be bought with real money. Any consumable gear like bullets or grenades is lost permanently when used, even if you lose or restart a level, so you never want to use any of your toys and you're constantly starved for resources. I saved up for an expensive pack that was supposedly guaranteed to have a weapon in it, and the "weapon" was a single EMP grenade :bravo: That was the last time I touched breach

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Had a PS4, sold it, bought a switch. Now thinking about grabbing a slim. Heads up, GameStop has em right now with the $50 dollar gift card.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

one of these things is not like the other one

Only registered members can see post attachments!

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
So, my DS4 controller is being super annoying. For games that need a 'sprint', pushing the left thumbstick in and up doesn't work some of the time, or makes my guy stop and start. Not great when trying to run across a Battlefield. Is my controller screwed or is there some thing of fix you guys know of? Seems like a common problem on Google with people offering solutions, but figured you guys know best when it comes to cutting through the crap.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

henpod posted:

So, my DS4 controller is being super annoying. For games that need a 'sprint', pushing the left thumbstick in and up doesn't work some of the time, or makes my guy stop and start. Not great when trying to run across a Battlefield. Is my controller screwed or is there some thing of fix you guys know of? Seems like a common problem on Google with people offering solutions, but figured you guys know best when it comes to cutting through the crap.

It happened to me like two weeks ago and I couldn't play BF1 because I couldn't sprint with the left stick without suddenly stopping then running and stopping again. I went to GAME to trade it for 32€, used my points and paid 5€ extra for another V2, White this time.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Well, poo poo - maybe I gotta sell it at a trade-in shop and pay the different for new ones :/. Yup, its making Battlefield 1 pretty unplayable...was hoping there was a fix out there.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I hate hate hate clicking L3 to run. So glad Titanfall has autorun.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

henpod posted:

Well, poo poo - maybe I gotta sell it at a trade-in shop and pay the different for new ones :/. Yup, its making Battlefield 1 pretty unplayable...was hoping there was a fix out there.

From what I've read is a rare (thank god) issue with some early V2s (the first ones packed with slims and pros). I don't know if yours is a V2 or OG controller but the only "fix" is to buy on amazon or aliexpress a new set of sticks and replace them manually wich sucks. Just trade it and get a new one.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Guillermus posted:

From what I've read is a rare (thank god) issue with some early V2s (the first ones packed with slims and pros). I don't know if yours is a V2 or OG controller but the only "fix" is to buy on amazon or aliexpress a new set of sticks and replace them manually wich sucks. Just trade it and get a new one.

I got the PS4 on preorder for the day it was released, so its one of the first generations or whatever I guess. Feel a bit bad passing on a bum controller to a trade-in shop though...what would I even tell them when I give them this one and then pick out another one.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

henpod posted:

I got the PS4 on preorder for the day it was released, so its one of the first generations or whatever I guess. Feel a bit bad passing on a bum controller to a trade-in shop though...what would I even tell them when I give them this one and then pick out another one.

Tell them you want another color AND wired features from the V2. Wired also removes sound problems with certain headsets so you got a good reason.

Right now I have my new white V2 and my old black V2 wich will get traded next year in favor of another color or maybe spend a Little money for a Nacon Revolution one as I play next to my ps4 and wired is a good thing to not care about battery fuckery.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
So this kind of got buried when I asked it before, but what's up with the PS4 Pro's YouTube UI? poo poo is so horrendous. Is there a way to revert it to look like the OG PS4 YouTube UI?

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Guillermus posted:

Tell them you want another color AND wired features from the V2. Wired also removes sound problems with certain headsets so you got a good reason.

Right now I have my new white V2 and my old black V2 wich will get traded next year in favor of another color or maybe spend a Little money for a Nacon Revolution one as I play next to my ps4 and wired is a good thing to not care about battery fuckery.

Thanks, this is a good idea. Also, I had no idea there was a newer version that has the light on the trackpad. Now I just need to wrestle with my conscience about my faulty controller being passed onto someone else :(.

Also, what do you mean by wired? I can plug in a usb cable on my current one already?

henpod fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Nov 23, 2017

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011

Zipperelli. posted:

So this kind of got buried when I asked it before, but what's up with the PS4 Pro's YouTube UI? poo poo is so horrendous. Is there a way to revert it to look like the OG PS4 YouTube UI?

Surely that's nothing to do with the pro and you just happened to get the latest version of the app when you switched over.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Tgent posted:

Surely that's nothing to do with the pro and you just happened to get the latest version of the app when you switched over.

I mean, I still have an OG PS4 that is in my living room for TV/movie purposes, and the YouTube app on there looks "normal" (what I'm used to seeing) and hasn't had any updates in a few months. It's like they completely changed the UI for the Pro. It's just weird and bothers me how bad it looks.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

henpod posted:

Thanks, this is a good idea. Also, I had no idea there was a newer version that has the light on the trackpad. Now I just need to wrestle with my conscience about my faulty controller being passed onto someone else :(.

Also, what do you mean by wired? I can plug in a usb cable on my current one already?

If that controller ends on the hands of someone that plays fifa or nba they won't probably notice.

Adding a pic as why I rather wired:

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Guillermus posted:

If that controller ends on the hands of someone that plays fifa or nba they won't probably notice.

Adding a pic as why I rather wired:

Thanks for the help. Also, sorry if i'm being dense but not sure what that picture shows?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

henpod posted:

Thanks for the help. Also, sorry if i'm being dense but not sure what that picture shows?

Oh, just showing that I have my ps4 right next to my computer (and using my tv as 2nd monitor/ps4) so V2's wired feature is a must for me. Also showing that the white V2 controller looks great :haw:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Zipperelli. posted:

I mean, I still have an OG PS4 that is in my living room for TV/movie purposes, and the YouTube app on there looks "normal" (what I'm used to seeing) and hasn't had any updates in a few months. It's like they completely changed the UI for the Pro. It's just weird and bothers me how bad it looks.

Can you take screenshots of each and upload them?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

kirbysuperstar posted:

Can you take screenshots of each and upload them?

gently caress me, no I can't, because it seems YT updated my PS4 last night while I was at work. God drat it. This new UI is so bad. I like the previous version with the black background, not this grey poo poo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I hated new interface at first, but prefer it now. It's a lot faster and much better for navigating subscriptions.