Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Tae posted:

And if you want outside source, killscottkill has a full playthrough up and he wrote the gamefaq guide that everyone recommends.

I found a Youtube channel with the same name, but the Persona 5 videos he has up are all just some videos of social links and/or videos of the Japanese version. Can you provide a link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Roluth posted:

I found a Youtube channel with the same name, but the Persona 5 videos he has up are all just some videos of social links and/or videos of the Japanese version. Can you provide a link?

https://www.twitch.tv/killscottkill/videos/all

Currently just on twitch because of the atlus stream fear.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

anyone have a good LP of the new Friday the 13th game?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Sociopastry posted:

anyone have a good LP of the new Friday the 13th game?
I think it's still in a beta/MP only phase at the moment. So you might be able to find people playing like 'Dead by Daylight' but nothing beyond that.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Awww, blegh. Any good LPs of similar games, then? Preferably without scarecam/super loud assholes.

Also I wanted to recommend a channel I really like: Katie Plays Stuff is a really pretty chill lady playing games. She takes her time, likes to talk about her theories, and while she does have a scarecam, it's not obnoxious. I really enjoyed her LP of RE7 and I'm enjoying her Heavy Rain LP a lot, as well.

Here's her RE7 LP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daI7nc9Z9EU

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
Is there a good LP of Mortal Kombat X anywhere? All I've been able to find is either in Russian, German, or yelling.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

XeeD posted:

Is there a good LP of Mortal Kombat X anywhere? All I've been able to find is either in Russian, German, or yelling.

Ooh, the yelling part might not be your thing then. I was gonna recommend a channel that has a blind playthrough with guys that are total MK lore nerds.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Tae posted:

Ooh, the yelling part might not be your thing then. I was gonna recommend a channel that has a blind playthrough with guys that are total MK lore nerds.

I wouldn't mind a link,myself.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

I wouldn't mind a link,myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otKa99ZAiec

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I wish Matt and Pat posted in Let's Play, but the loving godawful Super Best Friends thread in RGD scared them off of SA :(

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

Tae posted:

Yeah, I was hoping for something more like your evil twin(I think?)'s MK9. Maybe not that laid back, at least but not "booyah! bro! catchphrase! Many people hollering!" kinda poo poo, like that link.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Any good Subnautica LPs? I'm gay for underwater bases.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Dinictus posted:

Can anyone suggest a decent Persona 5 Let's Play for me to watch? I'm pretty sure I'll never ever get to play Persona 5 proper, so I might as well dig into the content vicariously. Giantbomb's Persona 4 stuff was excellent, but I'm kinda hoping for a less bumbling, learn as you go approach, but I guess that too was part of the Giantbomb charm.

It's off SA but this guy named the musical gamer is actually pretty good. Has moments of being funny, more than I expected so far and he mostly reads it so I don't have to constantly read when I want to relax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgNXyVe30gs

The current youtube SA one is new and sadly the two who play it talk over the story a lot or on the flip side they just do no commentary and those are already out there. I like their commentary style, but there's too much commentary and not enough stopping for the story imho.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Mister Facetious posted:

Any good Subnautica LPs? I'm gay for underwater bases.

NatchEvil (Grimwit) is doing one on YouTube. It's alright.

Here's the first episode.

https://youtu.be/6RwqMIHoX54

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Any good Bendy and the Ink Machine LP's?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Sociopastry posted:

Any good Bendy and the Ink Machine LP's?
HarshlyCritical has done the available chapters so far and it's pretty enjoyable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6FzIiGgfNs

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
There's this PS2 game I had 10 ish years ago. I never managed to beat it. I no longer have this game but I was really intrigued by it. And I just want to see how it plays out.

Are there any good LP's of Steambot Chronicles?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sefal posted:

There's this PS2 game I had 10 ish years ago. I never managed to beat it. I no longer have this game but I was really intrigued by it. And I just want to see how it plays out.

Are there any good LP's of Steambot Chronicles?

I guess the SA one never got archived but the videos are all still up

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
Are there any recommended STALKER series LPs?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Circle Nine posted:

Are there any recommended STALKER series LPs?

PerochialJoe did a good job with them some years back: LP Archive

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
Rad, thanks.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
I'm curious to see what the deal is with Resident Evil. What are some good video lps of the games?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
CJacobs dd a pretty good LP of RE4 that was twinned with Evil Within - it was a compare and contrast kind of deal.

The Dark Id has also done a bunch of Screenshot LPs of the series, although not my favourite take as his jokes can get unnecessarily dark at times.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I recced her earlier, but KatiePlaysStuff did a really entertaining LP of RE7- you don't need prior knowledge of RE except WEIRD ZOMBO SCHENANIGANS.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

BioEnchanted posted:

CJacobs dd a pretty good LP of RE4 that was twinned with Evil Within - it was a compare and contrast kind of deal.

CJacobs also did a pretty amazing one-take playthrough of RE7, which I enjoyed a lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwJvDBs_Jz0

Extremely recommended.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Rent-a-Bot posted:

I'm curious to see what the deal is with Resident Evil. What are some good video lps of the games?

I present to you the definitive Resident Evil LPs:

Resident Evil 1-3: I suggest the following link. It is about as informative and amusing as the games themselves.

Resident Evil 4: Maxwell Adams and company created the definitive playthrough. Probably predates 2011.
Resident Evil 5: RChimpCola and Sinatropod had a great buddy-cop adventure. Venerable by highly amusing.
Resident Evil 6: While Geop's run may be considered unconventional by some standards it is worthy of consideration.

Jokes aside, the links for 4 and 5 are pretty good.

E: Also 6! (Just not actually RE.)

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 26, 2017

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Lunethex did a fantastic comprehensive run of RE6, heavily aided by the fact he's probably the only person ever to actually like that game.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

I'm pretty sure theirs are always the definitive playthroughs.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If anyone hasn't seen the masterpiece that is Ballion I legitimately pity you

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I'm looking for a skilled run of Resident Evil 4 - something showing off how to truly stomp that game into the ground. Any good ones?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

dantheman650 posted:

I'm looking for a skilled run of Resident Evil 4 - something showing off how to truly stomp that game into the ground. Any good ones?

This one by the Super Best Friends is pretty good. They played the game before and did a playthrough on the HD version for the channel. They know it pretty well and kinda steamroll through the game, but it isn't a super-skilled run. Close enough, though, and they are pretty funny.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Any good LPs of Outlast 2 out there? I don't mind scarecams as long as they're not obnoxious.

mrbasehart
Jul 19, 2010

CrazySalamander posted:

Is there a good Horizon: Zero Dawn LP? I'd prefer a skilled playthrough, no facecams. Informative would be nice.

Youtube LPer TetraNinja did a full playthrough. He's quite good at the game, actually edits and pays attention to the story while getting all the collectables:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTcoRMwrX2Dihqq1gtbR_LcjDN7p4op90

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Anyone know of a good Breath of the Wild playthrough going on? The video one here wasn't my cup of tea but, I found myself super into the Achievement Hunter one, somehow.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

RareAcumen posted:

Anyone know of a good Breath of the Wild playthrough going on? The video one here wasn't my cup of tea but, I found myself super into the Achievement Hunter one, somehow.

I found myself enjoying the Game Grumps one. It wasn't very informative or anything, but you can tell they were having fun doing it.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I'm really hoping one of the regular Zelda LPers on this forum pick it up at some point.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Carbon dioxide posted:

I'm really hoping one of the regular Zelda LPers on this forum pick it up at some point.

I know ThornBrain's working on one, but that game's a mountain of open-ended content. Organization must be a bastard.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Any good LPs of Diablo 3?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

WrightOfWay posted:

Any good LPs of Diablo 3?
It's only available on archives, but Koobes finished one a few months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Beelerzebub posted:

I found myself enjoying the Game Grumps one. It wasn't very informative or anything, but you can tell they were having fun doing it.

Do they eventually stop voicing the characters? I'm still only in the middle of their episode.

If not, does anyone else have any good suggestions?