Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I got only a single success on a Grimoire, 3 tome, 2 loot dice run of Wizard Tower today. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh poo poo, I'm in love with the Drakefire Pistols

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

explosivo posted:

Oh poo poo, I'm in love with the Drakefire Pistols

Yeah me too. However dwarfs should be slow like in Blood Bowl these speedy dwarfs are ruining my immersion.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Oct 28, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Captain Oblivious posted:

There's really not much reason to play on Normal. Hard isn't much harder and has immensely better loot.

same can be said about nightmare imo.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
In order of worst maps I think the top 3 are.

Well > Wheat > White Rat

Well watch is retarded without an organized team. Not to mention if you lose a well poison clouds kill you all for several minutes before fading. Why did they think leaving a globadier trail for like 2 minutes solid was a good idea? :psyduck:

Not to mention it throws a poo poo ton of black rats and a gently caress you rat ogre in it near the end.

Wheat has a poo poo ton of annoying black rats that come in swarms not fun when you're dealing with a swarm and trying to blow their heads off as the swarm stabs you.

White rat is a lot more easy to do with pubbies than the other two. Keep moving and you're fine for the most part. We even ran into a rat ogre on some planks and did fine.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Al Borland posted:

same can be said about nightmare imo.

my experience has been that while hard is not much harder than normal nightmare is a huge jump because everything starts doing absolutely massive amounts of damage (and regular rats start taking enough hits to kill that they are significantly more dangerous) and thus fuckups go from punishing to lethal

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

UberJew posted:

my experience has been that while hard is not much harder than normal nightmare is a huge jump because everything starts doing absolutely massive amounts of damage (and regular rats start taking enough hits to kill that they are significantly more dangerous) and thus fuckups go from punishing to lethal

Oh man wait till you see cataclysm damage lol.

Also I was finally able to read kruber's legendary falchion

It says Karl Franz on it :o:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Am I missing something or is mace and shield real lovely?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

fadam posted:

Am I missing something or is mace and shield real lovely?

Nope. It's super, super strong. The reach on the charge attack shield bash is completely stupid and I have in the past clowned an entire horde and three Storm Vermin by myself just by holing up in a corner and alternating charge attack and push.

km2
Jul 27, 2012
Running with some pubbies late night, doing White Rat for the very first time, which was also my very first 'Hard' difficulty map (didnt go beyond Normal for the first few games to learn the game mechanics).

Somehow beat the map on the very first try with no one dying.

On the loot screen, it was also the very first time I landed the max number on my die roll, which landed me my very first orange weapon.

Is that any good?

TOO MANY 'VERY FIRST(S)'!

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

It's pretty good, you'll run into overheating problems but when you need to burst out some hits it can serve you well, i'd grab the heal, then the splitting then the rapid fire

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Drakefires are amazing , the only mod that seems bad on that one is the haste one since you can build up heat pretty quick already. So unless you're in a rat ogre situation where you may wanna dump and take the vent damage, it maynot be the best trait.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.
Is it a good idea to take 2 shields in party? My less experienced friend wants to run shield warrior, while I play as a shield dwarf already. I feel we lack dps and don't really need that much bashes. I can switch to 2h though.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Axe and Shield is really good; it's like the Hunter's hatchet but trading the awesome charge slash for a shield bash and better defense.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Wellwatch is a stupid bullshit level.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Welp. First game I played and had the loot creation error thing. Pretty solid way to knock down my excitement levels a peg or two.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think they're doing server maintenance right now? That probably caused it, a friend of mine was just complaining about the same.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
I like the way the elf plays, but she's such a bitch. Why did you do this Fatshart

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Warhams elves are pretty universally assholes (also known as elves) and the only difference is people in Warhams don't take their poo poo.

I mean her old job was probably stealing Bretonnian children as part of the long term plot to keep Bretonnia backwards and as a meatshield for her home sweet hell-forest.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I'm going against the goon tide and saying I really enjoy Well Watch. It's short and you get to fight a good few waves with a Rat Ogre at the end all while encouraging you to not just sit in a corner the entire time.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Guys, stop cheesing BP. I want to kill rats, it's not as if I'm rolling higher than three anyway. :(

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Fanzay posted:

I like the way the elf plays, but she's such a bitch. Why did you do this Fatshart
After some time I actually think it's great as you realise that everyone in the party also thinks she's a bitch as much as the player does.
"Stop strangling the elf, that's my bloody job!"
"The elf has fallen, do we care?"

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Or when she talks poo poo to Saltzpyre and implies he'd only dare send Kruber to deal with her if they fought, and he responds with 'I would never dream of delegating such an *inspiring* task.' and lecturing her about just how often elves have tried to poo poo-talk him.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Fans posted:

I'm going against the goon tide and saying I really enjoy Well Watch. It's short and you get to fight a good few waves with a Rat Ogre at the end all while encouraging you to not just sit in a corner the entire time.

When it works it's fine, it's when a ratling spawns along with 4 stormvermin out of nowhere and you get instagibbed that it's stupid.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Fat Samurai posted:

Guys, stop cheesing BP. I want to kill rats, it's not as if I'm rolling higher than three anyway. :(

I kinda hope they fix it in that maintenance tomorrow. I'm getting a bit sick of it. :v:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Night10194 posted:

Or when she talks poo poo to Saltzpyre and implies he'd only dare send Kruber to deal with her if they fought, and he responds with 'I would never dream of delegating such an *inspiring* task.' and lecturing her about just how often elves have tried to poo poo-talk him.

Or the one time she does get under Saltzpyre's skin, Kruber shuts her down when gets the sickest ice-burn in the game by implying that she acts all mysterious to hide her lack of substance.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Alkydere posted:

Or the one time she does get under Saltzpyre's skin, Kruber shuts her down when gets the sickest ice-burn in the game by implying that she acts all mysterious to hide her lack of substance.

Which is probably true, considering she's a cursed outcast who is probably only like 30-40 years old (I. E. An elf 13 year old). It's really awesome that they made the character pubbies tend to think of as the cool, high skill sniper character actually act like that in game.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Doing the missions on hard.. finished the wizards tower one and my game popped up this "Error: loot =) 1" and i didn't get anything.

What a loving rear end in a top hat bullshit crash.. didn't get credit for it finishing either.

Also, you can get stuck on the ramparts level on the 3rd tower staircase near teh torch.. stay away from the wall.

Valiant Pudding
Dec 31, 2007
With raisins!
So what happened with the "there'll be more specials in the full game" statement?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I'm going to out on a limb here and say that Fatshark knocked it out of the park with the elf and the game would be worse without her.

I mean seriously, all the best lines are related to how terrible the elf is and how much the rest of the party is like, gently caress off elf urgh god.

She's amazing because she's so brilliantly terrible.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Night10194 posted:

Warhams elves are pretty universally assholes (also known as elves) and the only difference is people in Warhams don't take their poo poo.

I mean her old job was probably stealing Bretonnian children as part of the long term plot to keep Bretonnia backwards and as a meatshield for her home sweet hell-forest.

I hope we get an expansion were we go to elf lands and get to poo poo all over her lovely home. That'd be so great.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Al Borland posted:

I hope we get an expansion were we go to elf lands and get to poo poo all over her lovely home. That'd be so great.

And dwarf will make lots of oopses.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Kirs posted:

And dwarf will make lots of oopses.

just hope we dont save the elves. cause gently caress elves.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Attempted a normal Wheat and Chaff with a all goon group that I'm used to grouping with.

One bag into the wagon and here comes a rat ogre and a clanrat swarm. Rogre tunnel visions the witch hunter full time and does not leave his side. By the time the rogre falls over, there are five stormvermin, a gattling rat, and a unending swarm of clanrats and slaverats gunning for my rear end because I'm the only one alive at that point. :rip:

Fair and balanced.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Buncha elves bitchin' in this thread.

Ulvirich posted:

Attempted a normal Wheat and Chaff with a all goon group that I'm used to grouping with.

One bag into the wagon and here comes a rat ogre and a clanrat swarm. Rogre tunnel visions the witch hunter full time and does not leave his side. By the time the rogre falls over, there are five stormvermin, a gattling rat, and a unending swarm of clanrats and slaverats gunning for my rear end because I'm the only one alive at that point. :rip:

Fair and balanced.

I main witchhunter and if a rat ogre tunnel visions me i've got a pretty good chance of not taking any damage through lots of dodge. The problem with W&C is that there is absolutely no cooldown period. It needs at least 10 seconds here and there to patch up, but you never get that. I expect the devs will tone it down. I still haven't failed that mission, but its by far the most stressful one.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Just tried elf for the first time and my team votekicked me after. :smith: I have no idea what I did wrong, I felt like I killed a bunch of rats and generally carried my weight. None of them said a word the entire time. I found I ran out of ammo really quickly and spent a lot of time stabbing stuff but I ended up getting a similar number of kills to everyone else and we finished the mission just fine so idgi :shrug: Did I do something wrong, or did I just run into a bunch of passive-aggressive shitlords or both?

e: I just figured out there's VOIP and it's off by default, I guess maybe they were trying to talk to me by voice and I was non-responsive? They could still maybe realise I'm new and try text chat but whatever

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Oct 28, 2015

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

dogstile posted:

I expect the devs will tone it down. I still haven't failed that mission, but its by far the most stressful one.

I sincerely find White Rat easier than W&C, even with the riskier rogre placement in that one. There's still nearly unending waves of skaven, but at least you can funnel the bastards easier in there.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I have never rolled a blue yet despite doing grimoire + tome runs, Ask Me Anything

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Wafflecopper posted:

I have no idea what I did wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

dex_sda posted:

I have never rolled a blue yet despite doing grimoire + tome runs, Ask Me Anything

What difficulty?

• Locked thread