Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I've got the card lists, but I was thinking about picking up the actual cards using an eBay coupon. I decided to just stick with the lists for now. I'm sure I could create some dice roll in order to randomly select a card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

So Chaos gangs look interesting.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Yeah, the Gods' favors look great for gang war campaigns. Gonna have to figure out a Spawn alternative though, I hate that model.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Man, I really hope against hope that you can run a Space Marine as part of a cult list. (I know it won't happen, but an Alpha Legion operative would be sweet.)

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
It just doesn’t make sense, a lowly Underhive cult would never gain the attention of any of the chaos legions.

Space marines have never belonged in the Underhive, apart from occasional Deathwatch investigators and the like to exterminate stealer cults or major Ork infestations.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

ineptmule posted:

It just doesn’t make sense, a lowly Underhive cult would never gain the attention of any of the chaos legions.

Space marines have never belonged in the Underhive, apart from occasional Deathwatch investigators and the like to exterminate stealer cults or major Ork infestations.

A single Alpha Legion operative certainly makes sense, at least in fluff terms. I'm not saying that he took a single gang under his wing, but he could definitely be working multiple gangs in an effort to start an insurrection.

In game terms, no, it doesn't make sense, because a Space Marine would mop the floor with a gang. That's why I said I was hoping but that it wouldn't happen.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

ineptmule posted:

The Imperial Fists have agents in the Necromundan Underhive to look for promising new recruits from amongst the juves.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Agents like sports scouts. They're not sending one of the team out to watch a promising 15 year old.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Usually older Marines incognito, armed to the teeth ofc.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
if there are no marines in the underhives then explain THIS!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Riot team heavies in their armour styled like historical astartes gear, obv.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Moola posted:

Inquisitors wear power armor and they aren't marines, and IIRC some rich rogue traders and like planetary governors and poo poo would get hand me down power armor too.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Moola posted:

I retract everything. I am sorry.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Canonically the Imperial Fists recruit from Necromunda. Badcast Favourite Biff Tundrish and his buddies are from there!

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
they can just change the fluff you dumb nerds

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Every post about fluff should have this automatically appended to it

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Nebalebadingdong posted:

B-b-but I have nothing else in life besides nitpicking the minutiae of Ham fluff! H-heresy lel!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Its ok to have a game without space marines. Or was.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

:rip: WHFB

:smith:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

TTerrible posted:

This is my main objection. Having room for one marine opens the gates to having several, and then you might as well be playing 40k. Keep your marines out of my Necromunda!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ineptmule posted:

This is my main objection. Having room for one marine opens the gates to having several, and then you might as well be playing 40k. Keep your marines out of my Necromunda!

I loved Necro because it was just lovely humans murdering each other. Spyrers were an otherworldly high tech threat. Having straight space marines is boring as hell.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Space Marines worked in Necro only as an existential threat for campaigns, and with a GM overseeing the campaign. CSM had stats in one of the old books (Outlanders?) and they absolutely wreck face, and are not at all suitable as something for the players to have control over. Having a CSM pop up in the middle of a match and put the fear of the Dark Gods in the gangs can be fun, but it loses a sense of gravitas if they're on the field every match.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
A multi v 1 mission type with gangers teaming up to take on a small cell of Marines would be a pretty sweet kinda end of campaign/casual mission

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

An Alpha Legion Marine, out of his power armour and generally making use of weapons procured on-site, would be a neat "bounty hunter" style character.

I'm not sure if the less-than-useful rules for bounty hunters have been FAQ'd to be actually worth taking though.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
First three new Orlocks complete.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

Galaspar posted:

First three new Orlocks complete.

Where are these heads from?

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
WFB Empire gunner, Chaos Marauder, and Catachan respectively. I've got nothing against the new Orlock heads, but just thought these ones would make for some interesting gangers.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Moola posted:

marines lol

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I love Space Marines to death, but yeah, they're not Necromunda material unless you make one into a special multiplayer encounter like that oldnm monster hunt but.

Suddenly, a Marine! All gangs void their bowels, try to escape.

Btw, Space Marine recruitment agents are exactly members of the team going keeping tabs on promising 15yos.

Now what I want is an IG gang based on those super old IG models. They already have the super long lasguns in game, just do it already you shits.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I still find it pretty amazing that the Imperial Fists recruit from Underhive gangs. Second only to the Ultrabros as paragons of saintly virtue and many of their members used to make a living shanking fellow child soldiers in the literal pit of humanity.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Broke lore: taking in born killer human dregs and training them up to be defenders of humanity and virtue
Woke lore: having defenders of Holy Terra take blunt stupid names and die almost to a man while fighting SMART SOPHISTICATED ORKS LOL

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

JcDent posted:

Now what I want is an IG gang based on those super old IG models. They already have the super long lasguns in game, just do it already you shits.

They are doing that. There is going to be an Necromunda regiment ex-guardsman merc. Andy Hore apparently pointed at the picture below and said 'make that please'.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

That's entirely what I had in mind!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JcDent posted:

Btw, Space Marine recruitment agents are exactly members of the team going keeping tabs on promising 15yods

That is an extremely inefficient use of a scarce resource in high demand.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

goatface posted:

That is an extremely inefficient use of a scarce resource in high demand.

I agree with no Space Marines in Necromunda. It’s cool the Fists recruit from there but a single Astartes would absolutely decimate an entire gang unless they got exceedingly lucky and then only if they were crazy enough to overcome the transhuman dread and attack the stupid thing in the first place.

(Or they could just change the fluff you dumb nerds)

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Shadin posted:

(Or they could just change the fluff you dumb nerds)

Yes, but:

TTerrible posted:

And we need something to remind us from time to time.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
wait here me out

wait about gangmarines?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Marines who pretend to be gangers, or gangers who pretend to be marines?

Or some sort of scout training programme where they throw them into an underhive and tell them to form a gang and survive to prove they have tactical knowledge and leadership potential?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I will always be for any rules that make Marines more rare and scary, even if it is to the point of not appearing in any games.

Meanwhile, I'm worried about the options that a Cultist gang is gonna get. The kit is basically
CCW (and pistol?)
Lasgun
Flamer
Heavy stubber

And I don't think FW Renegade guards count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

ineptmule posted:

Yes, but:

And we need something to remind us from time to time.

Completely agree, just tossing in the required disclaimer.