Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Is heavy.com alt right media or did he just get randomly attacked for carrying a camera?

EDIT:

Also, lol at the comment section of that video.

Midig fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jul 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

business hammocks posted:

This will always be my favorite political statement on and by the gamer mentality vis a vis politics:

https://techraptor.net/content/gamergate-media-gave-away-america

This makes me never want to touch a video game ever again.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Mr Interweb posted:

This makes me never want to touch a video game ever again.

my internet spaceships are v important to my identity, which is all i care about in /pol/itics, tyvm

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Imagine being so angry over an imagined, completely meaningless sleight involving one of your hobbies that you lash out in anger, explaining how many innocent people will suffer and die because of your act of revenge that does nothing to harm the people you're mad at.

It's been years but I still can't even comprehend the logic of this guy's heel turn, except that he seems to believe that it is in fact a heel turn, like he's decided to become a supervillain or something.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

this isn't meant as a defense but more an explanation. his gf broke up with him right before minecraft blew up but got back with him once it started taking off and the money started rolling it. they got married. they are now divorced. probably broke his brain completely, tho he was the idiot taking someone back once he got successful which was fairly obviously for money.

he also hosed over everyone at majong apart from the cfo (they;re the only ones who got the windfall from microsoft despite the fact that the other people polished the game to the state microsoft bought it in) and then outbid jay z and beyonce on a mansion that's away from the city so he's alone and stewing all the time. he was too stupid not to buy a place in the city so he could go out and poo poo.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Imagine being so angry over an imagined, completely meaningless sleight involving one of your hobbies that you lash out in anger, explaining how many innocent people will suffer and die because of your act of revenge that does nothing to harm the people you're mad at.

It's been years but I still can't even comprehend the logic of this guy's heel turn, except that he seems to believe that it is in fact a heel turn, like he's decided to become a supervillain or something.

nobody likes him except other gamers who play games, so gaming is his core identity

normies said a bad thing about games, kill all normies

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Groovelord Neato posted:

he also hosed over everyone at majong apart from the cfo (they;re the only ones who got the windfall from microsoft despite the fact that the other people polished the game to the state microsoft bought it in)

It turned out this bit isn't true.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Wasn't it that he only told the CFO about what was happening and made him keep quiet so they all got surprised when the handover occurred and the CFO had to deal with the stress of having kept it from them?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

he gave the other employees a severance package but it was several hundred thousand each compared to the cool near billion notch got

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah that's what i meant when they didn't get their cut. they shoulda got millions considering what the other two got.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

the mansion he's bought is also insanely huge, it's literally meant for a celebrity and their entire entourage. ever since his divorce notch lives a lonely existence in this gargantuan hermit cave because he has no friends and the other idle rich won't give him the time of day

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'll swap with him if he wants, I could be really happy with a giant hermit cave and not having to go to work.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Zikan posted:

the mansion he's bought is also insanely huge, it's literally meant for a celebrity and their entire entourage. ever since his divorce notch lives a lonely existence in this gargantuan hermit cave because he has no friends and the other idle rich won't give him the time of day

The Ultimate GoonTM

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It doesn't work like that. If you win the lottery you will be pretty loving pleased for a bit but it brings to the forefront the other areas of your life you don't have success as well as pretty much permanently removing realistically achievable sums of money as a goal or reward.

TRUE HAPPINESS seems to come from being able to continually make personal progress in multiple areas as well as a worldview that can actually accept what you have and not be jealous/bitter/jaded.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Carecat posted:

It doesn't work like that. If you win the lottery you will be pretty loving pleased for a bit but it brings to the forefront the other areas of your life you don't have success as well as pretty much permanently removing realistically achievable sums of money as a goal or reward.

TRUE HAPPINESS seems to come from being able to continually make personal progress in multiple areas as well as a worldview that can actually accept what you have and not be jealous/bitter/jaded.

I'd just spend the money on getting a sex robot tbh

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

notch still being fat and not fixing his teeth after becoming a billionaire is just insanely lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Carecat posted:

I mean yeah it doesn't work like that for some people but I think I can pretty definitely say I would be really happy with infinite money.

I can always give it away if I change my mind.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

notch still being fat and not fixing his teeth after becoming a billionaire is just insanely lol

Notch is living the goon dream of having enough money in the world to do nothing except play computer games and eat infinite amounts of sweets and chips, interrupted by occasional sleep and masturbation.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Buying a yacht will make you happy, a second yacht will not

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Spoken like someone who has never done yacht jousting. :wotwot:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

That's someone else's yacht tho

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It will, if you run the first one aground and have to wait for it to be repaired :smug:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

yeah. i remeber a dollop episode about a lottery winner, he basicaly blew alot of the money on planes and boats and poo poo he didnt know how to use. honestly if i one. id probaly just expand the house i am in a bit and get a better tv and more pets.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i remeber a dollop episode about a lottery winner, he basicaly blew alot of the money on planes and boats and poo poo he didnt know how to use. honestly if i one. id probaly just expand the house i am in a bit and get a better tv and more pets.

winning the lottery sounds like a good opportunity to donate massively to causes you believe in, imo

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Carecat posted:

That's super sour grapes. If your primary happiness comes from making achievable sums of money then you're just suffering from Stockholm Syndrome for capitalism. Having enough money that you will never be able to spend it removes a massive horrible thing from your life, same as escaping an abusive home, or recovering from a long term injury.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

winning the lottery sounds like a good opportunity to donate massively to causes you believe in, imo

I don't believe in non profit ceo pay checks

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Terrible Opinions posted:

That's super sour grapes. If your primary happiness comes from making achievable sums of money then you're just suffering from Stockholm Syndrome for capitalism. Having enough money that you will never be able to spend it removes a massive horrible thing from your life, same as escaping an abusive home, or recovering from a long term injury.
I think the point here is that capitalism delivers nothing meaningful to human life, so without the constant struggle and fear you just have nothing, especially if you were a garbage person whose only joy in life came from consumer products like video games.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I don't believe in non profit ceo pay checks

so start your own nonprofit? :confused:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I will! With hookers and blackjack

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

But what if I myself am the only cause I believe in?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
then, well, see if you can get lowtax to sell you somethingawful and set about reforming the place

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I think the point here is that capitalism delivers nothing meaningful to human life, so without the constant struggle and fear you just have nothing, especially if you were a garbage person whose only joy in life came from consumer products like video games.
That's why you need to get you know real happiness from interpersonal interactions. All infinity money does is reveal that some people never experienced true happiness to begin with because capitalism is the root of all evil.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I could probably be really happy if I had infinite computer games.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Terrible Opinions posted:

That's why you need to get you know real happiness from interpersonal interactions. All infinity money does is reveal that some people never experienced true happiness to begin with because capitalism is the root of all evil.

Infinite money facilitates as many interpersonal interactions as you care for because you have no worries anymore, although it does have the added land mines of interactions from people who just want your money.

Notch's issue is he doesn't understand that money isn't the end, it's a means to the end of buying that giant mansion to throw giant parties once a week and travel and meet new people and see new things. Like, money can get you to a lot of very cool interesting places and great experiences, but not if you never go out your front door.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

blowfish posted:

Notch is living the goon dream of having enough money in the world to do nothing except play computer games and eat infinite amounts of sweets and chips, interrupted by occasional sleep and masturbation.

the candy in his house is rotting because he bought tons of candy he doesn't even like

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Even when Notch plagiarizes goon's dreams he does them worse.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I feel like that's the product of being a boring person. If I had unlimited money, I'd be traveling, learning poo poo, having adventures and whatnot. I would never run out of stuff to do.

E: VVV I thought he offered to fund Psychonauts 2 and then backed out after Tim Schaefer told him how much money it would cost. Then they created Fig to find money for it that way.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 8, 2017

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

You'd think Notch would use his nigh limitless resources to at least fund a cool video game or something instead of sitting on it. I don't know what kind of games he likes but I'm sure he has at least one idea of an ideal dream game that he could be putting into action.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

WampaLord posted:

I feel like that's the product of being a boring person. If I had unlimited money, I'd be traveling, learning poo poo, having adventures and whatnot. I would never run out of stuff to do.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Didn't he have an idea for a bad card game game and no one cared

• Locked thread