Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I like Smarty Pants but it constantly breaks the 180 rule and it's always really jarring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
For some reason Jess' memory of her wife eating 10 devilled eggs (hopefully not off a window sill) made me laugh the most

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Kazy posted:

I like Smarty Pants but it constantly breaks the 180 rule and it's always really jarring.

My hunch is that this is partially because each episode’s talks are clearly mixed and matched from across the filming sessions.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

whydirt posted:

My hunch is that this is partially because each episode’s talks are clearly mixed and matched from across the filming sessions.

That doesn't seem to be the case at all, the audience in each ep so far has been consistent within each episode? Like, PFT wasn't in the group with Trapp, Vic and Demi.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

whydirt posted:

I don't think that would affect it during each talk though.

But it's hard to tell where the audience is in relation to the presenter sometimes.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

I imagine the production team saw everyone's powerpoints ahead of time and then scheduled them to mix up the vibes each episode. Seems like there were multiple film dates with different people available, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see the same crowd from the 1st episode back for one of the next.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

MikeJF posted:

If I was at a party at Seacaster Manor and the ship-house flew up into the sky and I could hear explosions from outside I would definitely remember the shrimp jump and think 'yeah that's just some bad kids party celebration poo poo'

Also the OTHER big party people were the Durdens, and the big brother does his Stealth Mode thing so...Even if it DOES look life-threatening and PROBABLY IS a bit life-threatening, it's not exactly new when it comes to Aguefort parties. Better just drink some bad baby milk and man the cannons for the party of the century.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

That doesn't seem to be the case at all, the audience in each ep so far has been consistent within each episode? Like, PFT wasn't in the group with Trapp, Vic and Demi.

Knowing how dropout does things In guessing they had a few filming days and they filmed a big block on each day, probably some guests like PFT could only be there on one. So they could mix up things from the same day.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Gaz-L posted:

Jess's presentation had me feeling like there are 2 wolves inside me. One wolf is screaming that this is a comedy show and any follow up questions should be set ups for bits. And the other wants to have a genuine serious talk about the intersection of drag and wrestling and wrestling and camp in general for the next hour.

Also Erika had a revelation at that talk, and Jake being into wrestling is the least surprising thing ever.

Honestly, I was hoping for a bit of a digression into wrestling also being a daytime soap opera but with more men in tights and physical violence. That's always been my theory, but I think all three really have some crossover.

And the number that popped up on the screen when Katie told them to put her number on the screen does work and goes to a recording of Katie. I thought it was pretty funny.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Kazy posted:

Ok cool it’s not just me it’s been driving me up the wall

Best I can figure is that they’re shooting in a 4 wall set where either the side walls closer to presenter are either empty or have cameras in the corners

If we treat the view from presenter as stage, Rekha’s stage left, the other random chair is stage right, then everything works

still breaks the 180 rule though

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

seaborgium posted:

Honestly, I was hoping for a bit of a digression into wrestling also being a daytime soap opera but with more men in tights and physical violence. That's always been my theory, but I think all three really have some crossover.

And the number that popped up on the screen when Katie told them to put her number on the screen does work and goes to a recording of Katie. I thought it was pretty funny.

Bringing in soaps would’ve been great because the wrestlers=drag thing has been over mined to death and is basically this generation’s “you know it’s fake right?”

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
found the dirty laundry ep with zac and ally on it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Someone commented that that episode felt the most like there had been a fair bit of pregaming going on.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Gaz-L posted:

Someone commented that that episode felt the most like there had been a fair bit of pregaming going on.

i think that's just ally's energy, constantly, and it's infectious

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Katie trying to hide her boner that entire episode is just so incredibly good.

Also, Mommy Respect.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Beardsly always feels like they're perpetually 2 tokes ahead of everyone else.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Neito posted:

Beardsly always feels like they're perpetually 2 tokes ahead of everyone else.

I feel like Jake could keep up

I showed my friend who blazes the cryptid episode of Smartypants and she was appropriately delighted

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
BTS for Game Changer Beat the Buzzer is up. The art team talking about what they had to do is a highlight.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

BTS for Game Changer Beat the Buzzer is up. The art team talking about what they had to do is a highlight.

Yeah, that was fantastic. So much work goes into these bonkers ideas, I love it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I want to see every book title.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

MikeJF posted:

I want to see every book title.

I caught "Am I Gay?" by E.E. Crumbbucket,

"A Novel Push by Sapphire"
By Push By Sapphire

And

"Beardsley: the Ally Bearsdley Story" by Allen Beanslen

Also

"Bears Go Down on Me" by Harry w. Steeles

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also "Becca, your time is up", a horror comedy by Rekha Shankar.

"Aliens are looking for Love" by M Martian.

"Angels and Airpods" by EE Muck.

"A Series of Unfortunate Games" by Stan Rithe.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I have never felt more sympathetic for Brennan than him coming back in to the room after ten seconds and finding out how everything has radically changed. That's peak D&D energy right there.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

That must have been nuts to actually work on and the amount of effort put in by the crew makes me respect them all the more.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
https://twitter.com/IfyNwadiwe/status/1790791385320448358?t=QTiNmlgZNJ-ZHvbw4vl-Og&s=19

Glad to see that Um Actually has a strong gently caress Terfs position

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

This D20 final fight is so fun. Loving the rogue chess and Ice Feast.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Danger Diabolik posted:

This D20 final fight is so fun. Loving the rogue chess and Ice Feast.

Doesn't Mazey have the duffel bag of votes handcuffed to her wrist? Are they concerned that if she's dominated, she'll unzip it and then dump the votes?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

There's a elevated percentage of players whomping Brennan this ep.

Kipperlily blowing up her Stealth to yell "What the gently caress" :lol:

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
The mental image of Ragh "Magneto-ing his rear end across the sky" had me in tears.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

"We've have started here?!"

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Morrow posted:

They go to an adventuring school. The principal is on sabbatical while he jetskis through the big bang, the most popular kid's house is a literal pirate ship, and two years ago an ancient draconian tyrant crashed prom.

Aguefort kids just roll with it.

Was waiting for more of them to get on the cannons and someone to say "Tonight, we're all Bad Kids"

Lost my entire poo poo here and had to rewatch it twice to see everyone else laughing themselves to death

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Every time Gorgug or Fabian attack I start hooting and hollering like AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" just came on the radio

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I can't believe Gorgug, the greatest wizard of the age, defeated the villains by asking everyone to give a little clap.

Actual spoilers:
I feel like the Bad Kids would be pretty screwed without that Ice Feast and short rest. If they'd rolled differently, had less than an hour to prepare, and had gone in with half hp and immediately had to deal with a group stun? Yeesh.

Ivy, who went down first, seemed to have relatively low HP. That might be to help balance out the encounter. Maybe Brennan set the Rat Grinders up as if they are all taking the penalties for stress and rage tokens or something?

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 12:05 on May 16, 2024

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Bobby Dawn has yet to show up, so I'm worried that some of those dead Ratgrinders aren't really out of the fight

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Magitek posted:

Doesn't Mazey have the duffel bag of votes handcuffed to her wrist? Are they concerned that if she's dominated, she'll unzip it and then dump the votes?

I think they were just hoping Brennan forgot about the cuffs for future strategic planning and didn't want to remind him.

I do wonder if there's about to be some shenanigans at play here...

Mazey ate the Ice Feast, so she's also immune to fire. This presumably applies to gear as well, since Riz jumped in the lava and didn't lose his stuff.

Since Mazey is protected, if she and the bag went in the lava, would the bag also be protected? My first instinct would be no, but I could see the players arguing it...

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

ivy and oisin going down without ever getting to do anything (really in the entire season, in ivy's case) is just beautiful

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I'm really really digging Fabian's absolutely insane Bill Seacaster-esque bloodlust. Grabs Ivy by the throat, tells her he's going to skin her alive, and then fuckin' does it.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The fits the cast is rocking for the finale, good lord

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
With all due respect, they didn't even need to show up to this battle. I feel like the villains need the divine name to succeed and can only get it from the heroes, while the heroes could probably have spent that hour evacuating Elmville or something instead. Villains would get pulled into hell but Porter can't ascend.

Of course, in that case they'd just get ambushed at Mordred Manor or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I assume if the players think of a really clever angle to bypass the final battle, Brennan brings in Rick Perry and you have to tell him to his face why all of his months of work are going to waste.