Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

Ask me about being too much of a sperging idiot to understand what resisting arrest means.

Roller Coast Guard posted:

That was Stoffer.

Yup, good man. I've enjoyed watching him rise and rise in the game dev world, from entry level at CCP to whatever big shot work he's doing at Riot nowadays.

Zedlic fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Aug 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle

Roller Coast Guard posted:

That was Stoffer.
One of my better EVE memories was Stoffer leading Eurosquad Friday night slosh ops, doing his Picard imitation thing until we all got killed one hilarious way or another. Nights like that made EVE worth playing and in my recollection there were a lot less edgelords and ~ironic racism~ and all the other bullshit in Eurosquad and due to tz differences didn't have that much interaction with majority of Goonswarm.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Normal Barbarian posted:

Also DJ?

e. No wait that was Rockstar

e2. Also I've just reminded myself that my holesquad--unlike all other goon groups--was composed entirely of hot young sex-havers. That's all. Carry on.

Gooseflock is comprised entirely of attractive to hot, young to middle-aged sexhavers

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

dragonshardz posted:

Gooseflock is comprised entirely of attractive to hot, young to middle-aged sexhavers

Groon consists of old folks.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

-points to stars above- eve online

-points to heart- groon

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Kesper North posted:

I can't remembert

:golfclap:

dragonshardz posted:

:hmmyes:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

dragonshardz posted:

Gooseflock is comprised entirely of attractive to hot, young to middle-aged saxhavers

Fixt

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

:honk:

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

FirstnameLastname posted:

Oh- I was referring to bbtb's post re: weirdly aggressive - i was getting the same feel from his response there, whole lotta anger over what was clearly a mistake, picking out key phrases to scream at, and refusing to address the original post asking why P&K was so pissed at him in those two posts. Instead, setting up "stop harassing me" breadcrumbs that he is blatantly planning to point to if you respond to him again on this issue, with those claims of being harassed surrounded in bolded insults directed towards you, like some crude form of bait? But that's be way too transparent.

On-top of rapidly posturing himself as being suddenly quite serious and protective of very sensitive private information, offering it while not being asked for it, and then saying it's "sorta hosed up to press for information"?
It's almost like he doesn't treat harassment/abuse claims seriously, and treats them like a tool, or something to be weaponized, and as such immediately assumes others are also weaponizing claims of harassment/abuse, like he is in that log.

He then starts to allude that he, personally, is being harassed by you in what appears to be a clumsy attempt to weaponize claims of harassment towards someone he doesn't want to respond to because he knows it won't look good if he directly addresses the question "Why was P&K so mad in those 2 posts" - but that would be waaaay too loving transparent :v: I bet I'm totally off on this one

Really hoping bill shut the gently caress up after this post...time will only tell

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

:hmmyes:

:sax:

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

stackofflapjacks posted:

Really hoping bill shut the gently caress up after this post...time will only tell

I think you missed a few pages my dude.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006

stackofflapjacks posted:

At this point asking or telling him to stop posting. Is akin to Don Quixote tilting at windmills.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
Guys I believe posting about posters is a no-no in this thread.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

stackofflapjacks posted:

Why post this? The thread is chill now, :cry:leave bill alone:cry:

Why post this? Is this about Eve Online? Do you expect me to moderate Discord messages?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I'm looking into it but remember that black people do in fact play eve.

corgski fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 11, 2022

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

dragonshardz posted:

Normal Barbarian posted:

Also I've just reminded myself that my holesquad--unlike all other goon groups--was composed entirely of hot young sex-havers.

disgusting

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
have seggs

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
no don't

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

mlyp

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I've got a weird question. The last time I played was early 2021 and I was in goonfleet, but went inactive and got kicked but was near the imperium hw when I last logged out. What happens if I log back in? Some friends and I are looking into rolling in factional warfare together and I'd like to use my pilot again.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Kaysette posted:

It's Good and Just to never stop telling bill to shut the gently caress up

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

You'll be in the citadel you docked up in and all your stuff will be where you left it, unless the citadel(s) in question were blown up, in which case the poo poo in them will be in asset safety. If you logged out in a citadel that was blown up afaik you will log in in space in whatever ship you had active when you logged out. From there you can set your home station to somewhere else and either fly out pod express. If your poo poo is in asset safety already you can get it back by going to the station it was asset safetied to and drag stuff out of the asset safety wrap to your hangar and pay some portion of the value as an asset safety fee. Anything not in asset safety you can send to asset safety manually but it will take three weeks before you can get it back, or you can try to contract it but you probably won't be able to market sell it.

If any of your poo poo was in wormhole citadels it's fuckin gone lol.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I came back for beeitnam while the last time I played was when we were in Deklein and the only players owned structures were the POS sticks.

My stuff was scattered throughout the closest lowsec systems.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Kaysette posted:

I don.. uhh umm.. $#@is thiSSs a 111111vvvvvvddtttTTy

:siren:**ALARM: POSTING MALFUNCTION**

:frogsiren: Emergency shutdown of neurological function initiated, please standby. :frogsiren:

Bigbillthaboss fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 12, 2022

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

dragonshardz posted:

Gooseflock is comprised entirely of attractive to hot, young to middle-aged saxhavers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B9k4dc6o4c&t=46s

I have it on solid rumor this is the average gooseflock fleet

orange juche fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Aug 12, 2022

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006

Elblanco posted:

I've got a weird question. The last time I played was early 2021 and I was in goonfleet, but went inactive and got kicked but was near the imperium hw when I last logged out. What happens if I log back in? Some friends and I are looking into rolling in factional warfare together and I'd like to use my pilot again.

Come join The Greater Goon they can join a blue to Groon FW group and you can be in Groon or that FW group

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Is there a general/non-corp specific goon Discord server for EVE?

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Come join The Greater Goon they can join a blue to Groon FW group and you can be in Groon or that FW group

Awesome I'll run it by them, we don't really have plans for a corp yet anyway.

Also good to know that I won't die immediately when I log in. Thanks all!

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Normal Barbarian posted:

Also DJ?

e. No wait that was Rockstar

DJ also joined CCP as a space fed.

If I remember rightly, Stoffer was the guy that was tasked with writing the in-favour side for the "Greed is Good" microtransactions article that got leaked by a CCP employee. That must have been just a whole barrel of fun.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

neurotech posted:

Is there a general/non-corp specific goon Discord server for EVE?

Delta Sqad, technically.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Got to make a pilgrimage tho

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle

Endie posted:

DJ also joined CCP as a space fed.

If I remember rightly, Stoffer was the guy that was tasked with writing the in-favour side for the "Greed is Good" microtransactions article that got leaked by a CCP employee. That must have been just a whole barrel of fun.
As someone who works in gaming and especially mobile side with free-to-play and ads, after rereading it now I can just say that article was just few years ahead of its time and I doubt there would be any furor if it was leaked today.

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

Stubb Dogg posted:

As someone who works in gaming and especially mobile side with free-to-play and ads, after rereading it now I can just say that article was just few years ahead of its time and I doubt there would be any furor if it was leaked today.

It wasn't so much the article itself, it was just a few years of CCP failing to deliver on promises (lol, still true today) and rushing half-assed features. The Incarna expansion was a complete disaster and people were maaaaaaad

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
eevee online

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah the article itself was whatever, the article in the context of years of overpromising and underdelivering accompanying an expansion consisting entirely of a backdoor tech demo for another game in the form of a new character creator and a living room (which itself was fine just, you know, kinda underwhelming and also awful performance-wise) and a comically overpriced microtransaction store with CCP Zulu defending the $70 monocles as being just like $1000 designer jeans IRL (which famously everyone loves and no one has any critique of whatsoever) was what got people upset. Specifically the combination of the article laying out a bunch of ideas for p2w microtransactions coupled with the only microtransactions added to the game at that point being more accurately described as merely transactions, no micro about it.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
Well we finally got answers on where those future changes disappeared to!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
You’re not very funny. Hth

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Frank Frank posted:

You’re not very funny. Hth

Thank you for your feedback Frank!

Would you mind providing some additional details or insight on how I could better improve my EVE Online posts and reinforce the comedic attributes for future reference? I take my spaceship game related posting(s) very seriously, and constantly implement improvements on a daily basis as I strive for self-betterment, and persistently set new objectives / goals for myself regarding my online New Eden affiliated forums thread dialogue. You're an incredibly entertaining person and have so much to contribute towards this thread topic - would love to hear from you and what wisdom you could share!

My favorite ship to fly is the FRIENDSHIP, and you're my co-pilot, let us take to the stars together and see what we can offer one another!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

hey bill guess what