Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

see you nerds at nine

8 central

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mantis42 posted:

Hitman and Shark won the PC conference, not that there was much competition.

im glad hitman wont be episodic this time really kept me away from this last one

I'm looking forward to that first person factorio game though it looked pretty neat

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Also lol the best pc games being a console port and a spiritual remaster of Theme ahospital

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I feel a little bad for the actual factorio guy, seems like he got robbed

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Lid posted:

Also lol the best pc games being a console port and a spiritual remaster of Theme ahospital

theres a lot to unpack there, decent games for all

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
89 pages for today's poo poo? Was there anything actually good?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

New Platinum game with no details at all, Yakuza 0 PC port, that's it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ubisoft started good and weird but fell off really fast

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Mostly stuff that will be nice to get on sale for a few dollars and spend a few hours dicking around in

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

i watched the entirety of this garbage conference hoping for a MHW PC release date

what the gently caress capcom, where are you

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ojetor posted:

i watched the entirety of this garbage conference hoping for a MHW PC release date

what the gently caress capcom, where are you

They're at Sony. An FF14 Behemoth cross-over trailer leaked.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Lid posted:

For reasons i cant work out Hitman is free on ps4 right now. No payment just download link.

Good tip stranger! Downloading it now :jerky:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Someday, the PC gamers will get the console ports they desperately need to achieve happiness. But it's not today

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hitman's first episode is free and the rest you have to pay for.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

opioid agonist posted:

Good tip stranger! Downloading it now :jerky:

If you haven't played it you're in for a treat. Take your time and enjoy it

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

6 PST :smug:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

No Mods No Masters posted:

Someday, the PC gamers will get the console ports they desperately need to achieve happiness. But it's not today

why wait when you can just have a ps4? do you think people dont have both these days (plus switch?) :lol:

i thought console warriors were dead but here is a relic

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

It's been good with Bayonetta and Vanquish soo far. And some of the really old remasters like the Turok series.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

why wait when you can just have a ps4? do you think people dont have both these days (plus switch?) :lol:

i thought console warriors were dead but here is a relic

I was mocking the man thirstily waiting for the monster hunter world port, and affecting a console warrior's tone. I stand by the post

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Policenaut posted:

PC Gaming Show's best game was a console port of a PS4 game ported from PS3. Dunno how to feel about that but hey! PC Gaming!

PC gaming has always been a bit poo poo. People just get hoodwinked into it (myself included) because Steam occasionally makes mistakes during sales and sells GOTY editions for 5 quid for 10 minutes.

PC exclusives are generally bottom-of-the-barrel shite and anything noteworthy will end up on the current most dominant console anyway.

Basically, buy a PS4. You could also get a Switch if you haven't gotten tired of Mario, Zelda Etc. yet i suppose.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I was mocking the man thirstily waiting for the monster hunter world port, and affecting a console warrior's tone. I stand by the post

im sorry ;(

why cant we all be friends

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

TopHatGenius posted:

It's been good with Bayonetta and Vanquish soo far. And some of the really old remasters like the Turok series.

PC/Console forever if for no other reason than because playing something like Doom or Divinity with a gamepad is loving sacrilege

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'm just kind of disappointed because I do have a gaming PC and I watch these shows in hopes to see like big major PC games that really take advantage of the controls and specs and all that poo poo (LIKE MAYBE BANNERLORD) and it's like oh it's Yakuza Zero a console game I bought last year. I'll probably get that Theme Hospital successor though but drat I really hate seeing Star Citizen out here.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Policenaut posted:

I'm just kind of disappointed because I do have a gaming PC and I watch these shows in hopes to see like big major PC games that really take advantage of the controls and specs and all that poo poo (LIKE MAYBE BANNERLORD) and it's like oh it's Yakuza Zero a console game I bought last year. I'll probably get that Theme Hospital successor though but drat I really hate seeing Star Citizen out here.

Can i interest you in some MS exclusive franchises that they had to port to Win 10 because no one that owns a XB1 gives a poo poo about them?

PC gaming gets the scraps from everyone elses table.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Policenaut posted:

The thing that gets me is that there is a lot of good PC games, The PC Show just tends to ignore them for poo poo like battle royale and crap like that.

Like seriously, they should have showed Disco Elysium stuff, that game is gonna be rad.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Is it a hot take to think MOBAs will be around longer than Royales and will be after Royales are done?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

spudsbuckley posted:

Basically, buy a PS4.

I have a PS4 but I don't like playing games on it because the thing sounds like a god drat jet engine. I swear it's over 100dB when it gets going. It's deafening, I can't even hear the games.

It's literally louder than my vacuum cleaner.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Policenaut posted:

Agreed. I'm waiting on PC Monster Hunter World but I know that I could have gotten it ages ago on my PS4 for example.

Really in the end I have a huge issue with playing most non-platformer games with console controllers. I don't know if I could properly rip and tear with a controller.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Accordion Man posted:

The thing that gets me is that there is a lot of good PC games, The PC Show just tends to ignore them for poo poo like battle royale and crap like that.

Like seriously, they should have showed Disco Elysium stuff, that game is gonna be rad.

those game companies with the good popular games already have their own avenues for advertising their games

the PC gaming show thing has to take what they can get

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Agreed, monster hunter just isn't monster hunter without keyboard/mouse

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
Elijah Wood, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Cornelia Geppert are cool.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Lid posted:

Is it a hot take to think MOBAs will be around longer than Royales and will be after Royales are done?

Mobas seemed like the same kind of fad

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Hasn't lol been like the largest game worldwide for almost 10 years.

Cool ps1 mech game. Not.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Lid posted:

Yeah. New mobas are already dead outside mobile, battle royales are infinitely easier to produce, design and balance.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Klaus Kinski posted:

Hasn't lol been like the largest game worldwide for almost 10 years.

Cool ps1 mech game. Not.

It's Metal Wolf Chaos. Surely you've heard of it. The Fromsoft game where you play the anime president of the US who uses his secret mech to take back the country after a coup? No? Well, they're finally releasing it in the west.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

which was me I think, and I do have a PS4, but spending $120+ tax on a game to have both versions just seems silly to me. Granted its down to about $30 or $35 on PS4 now if you buy it used. Still, not really a big fan of buying a game multiple times for multiple platforms. I like how Microsoft has started to move away from that bullshit.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I don’t give a drat about PC “exclusives.“

All I want is for the great console games to be put on PC as well so I can mod the poo poo out of them and fart around breaking the game over my knee with cheat engine.

However, anybody who plays shooters with anything other than a mouse and keyboard is a chode.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

For the record, I would never mock forum poster Doorknob Slobber

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

GreatGreen posted:

I don’t give a drat about PC “exclusives.“

All I want is for the great console games to be put on PC as well so I can mod the poo poo out of them and fart around breaking the game over my knee with cheat engine.

However, anybody who plays shooters with anything other than a mouse and keyboard is a chode.

Agreed.

But also if you can play shootan games with controllers then more power to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/vgdunkey/status/1006328893572296706

• Locked thread