Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Baculus posted:

TIL someone out there uses the bowhead

is it good for hauling ships?

Stupid useful for exactly that. like 1.7m SMA space for all the fit ships moving to wherever. I used it to evac a highsec citadel to an NPC station last and was very happy not to have to repackage two dozen ships I had for SNS and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Baculus posted:

Yea, we use it to hump hangers of cruisers and stuff around

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
So you are an industry person that puts rigs in cargo for contracts because sometimes you have to cancel them and move them to a different place. gently caress that, fit your rigs and just move em already in tact.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

DARPA posted:

It's a crappy mechanic that t0 sites aren't full blown tutorials and instead leave new players podded back to station without any idea what they did wrong.

To be fair, that's most of Eve. Some of the appeal is the dopamine rush from figuring its bullshit out despite its best efforts.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
the xkcd EVE learning curve comic is still mostly true

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Baculus posted:

iirc they are used extensively by incursion runners

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
looks like the bads have a keep in AJI now too

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ah, the classic triple down

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Stereotype posted:

Who actually dropped it?

If it's not TEST then lol, since TEST lives here now.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Stereotype posted:

It offers them absolutely nothing tactics wise aside from trying to convince their members they aren't leaving

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Morale Keepstar has been deployed

CrypticFox
Dec 19, 2019

"You are one of the most incompetent of tablet writers"
Perhaps they think they are still playing POS sov, and if they just put down more keepstars then we have they get to control delve?

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

CrypticFox posted:

Perhaps they think they are still playing POS sov, and if they just put down more keepstars then we have they get to control delve?

Who knows. We had ccp nerf ratting so the rest of Eve took pity on us and moved next door to provide constant hilarious loss mails to keep goon morale high. It’s very kind of them, ennui kills empires.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
That keepstar is another titan or two that didn't get SRPd

What would it take to cut Test off from their share of the TTT revenue and really, truly gently caress up their finances?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Frida Call Me posted:

He had a heart attack and died in his sleep. RIP.

That's loving tragic, I flew with him a lot years back when he was running Space Violence. He was good people and a good FC.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Jazzzzz posted:

That keepstar is another titan or two that didn't get SRPd

What would it take to cut Test off from their share of the TTT revenue and really, truly gently caress up their finances?

Blowing up the TTT. Not going to happen.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Jazzzzz posted:

In PGL's State of the Depression speech he fielded a question about whether the TTT agreement was still being upheld, by which I assume that we are actually still getting a cut of the money.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Klyith posted:

In PGL's State of the Depression speech he fielded a question about whether the TTT agreement was still being upheld, by which I assume that we are actually still getting a cut of the money.

pretty sure the TTT collapsing won't happen, and it would be all over everyone's lips if it ever did

it's not worth breaking it up when the money it generates empowers us far more than TEST and PanFam simply by virtue of us actually having a financial infrastructure, let alone the best one in the game

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Is there a way to see what systems have certain sov upgrades? I'm looking for Survey Networks

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

MrTargetPractice posted:

Is there a way to see what systems have certain sov upgrades? I'm looking for Survey Networks

go to the ihub and look. The areas in goon space with survey networks are goonrushed to gently caress.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Dik Hz posted:

go to the ihub and look. The areas in goon space with survey networks are goonrushed to gently caress.

So there's no way to check other than manually checking every system?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Dik Hz posted:

how do you look? with a ship scanner?

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Stereotype posted:

how do you look? with a ship scanner?

I can see upgrades on the ihub info.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

MrTargetPractice posted:

I can see upgrades on the ihub info.

do you have logistics roles in the alliance?

Jamus
Feb 10, 2007
I started playing this game again 10 years after I last quit (only played for 6 months back then). My interest in the game has gone from Pewpewpew to a fascination with the market/industry.

I used to make money by following ratters around and salvaging. Now I appear to be making money margin trading after some market PvP has happened on the sell orders. These are essentially the same thing

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Stereotype posted:

do you have logistics roles in the alliance?

No sorry I'm dumb. I was looking at the reprocessing list. It was a bunch of things that sounded vaguely like upgrades haha.

Pasha
Nov 9, 2017
Well, I mined for the first time in lowsec. While the ore is more valuable, I am not certain that it was worth the time investment (compared to mining in highsec much closer to a trade hub). I think I can earn more just by running missions and salvaging the wrecks ...

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Pasha posted:

Well, I mined for the first time in lowsec. While the ore is more valuable, I am not certain that it was worth the time investment (compared to mining in highsec much closer to a trade hub). I think I can earn more just by running missions and salvaging the wrecks ...

So the common null sec ores are slightly higher value than high sec stuff for sure. In high sec I can turn on my tank and go make dinner and not really worry about dying. If you have to pay attention you're better off doing just about anything other than mining.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

MrTargetPractice posted:

So the common null sec ores are slightly higher value than high sec stuff for sure. In high sec I can turn on my tank and go make dinner and not really worry about dying. If you have to pay attention you're better off doing just about anything other than mining.

What common nullsec ores - since the scarcity patch, nothing spawns

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Jazzzzz posted:

Go to the anomalies (they’re listed in the agency window). It’s mostly arkenor and bistot

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

I've always wanted to try exploration in a covops + Blackglass implant + Zeugma analyzer. Is this a big waste?

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

WorkerThread posted:

I've always wanted to try exploration in a covops + Blackglass implant + Zeugma analyzer. Is this a big waste?
Yes. That's 300M worth of stuff to do what should be trivial anyway.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

How's the war going? I've been busy so after you all had the fun times shooting then as they trickled in on warp I haven't been able to keep up.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

https://fleetcom.space/battlereport/JbrPAturrQ64CwzqQ

lovely little tussle from our favorite worse-than-zungen multiboxer. one day soon he's going to stop coming at us in cerbs. one day soon he won't have that neat little pocket of querious either

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Jazzzzz posted:

Stereotype posted:

Go to the anomalies (they’re listed in the agency window). It’s mostly arkenor and bistot

What that guy said. It's all that's out there really. No one is mining so the industry level or whatever it's call is really low so the belts have almost nothing in them. It should also be noted that at least initially the anomalies have to be cleared out by an actual combat ship. The rats are too tough for even a tanky exhumer/mining barge

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

MrTargetPractice posted:

What that guy said. It's all that's out there really. No one is mining so the industry level or whatever it's call is really low so the belts have almost nothing in them. It should also be noted that at least initially the anomalies have to be cleared out by an actual combat ship. The rats are too tough for even a tanky exhumer/mining barge

My point is that there ain't poo poo spawning in those anomalies - you can mine your rear end off and there's not enough ore to raise the industry index to get better quality anomalies to spawn. Nullsec mining is largely dead at the moment outside of moon goo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

There are public moons to mine in almost every system and lord knows I buy moon goo so you have nearly instant cash

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
the MER data, with actual competent indices built from it, screams that people are liquidating and burning through stockpiles.

they more or less stated this was this goal, so assuming that changes are going to actually materialize, this is accomplishing what they wanted. it's just extremely hosed up in terms of their willingness to accept the collateral damage done to the average player in order to tamp down the resource hoards of a few dozen Smaugs

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Hey, so. I ‘played’ for like a few months in 2009-2012 and did basically nothing but put my feet up and play APB while hanging out in mumble until an alarm went off, then flew out to an op and exploded.

Anyway, I’ve had a persistent itch to be a space trucker and no game appears to be able to fulfill that need right now — and I’ve tried quite a few. So I dusted off my account thinking I’d just do some hauling and see if that hit the spot, but I remember literally nothing about this game.

I’ve got a Caldari tackler-turned-Interceptor-pilot with like 11 million skill points (is that even a lot?) spread around into what I guess are synergistic Navigation and Engineering skills, some Minmatar stuff on top of it. (Why? Shrug.)

If I wanted to take up space truckin’, should I try and build off of what I’ve got, do a respec, or just start a new character altogether? Is there any need for low-pressure space truckin’ in this community specifically? If not and I have to heard to core, can I work on my own or do I for sure need a corp? I’m not trying to get into anything high stakes or high stress, no big commitments.

Help me out, much appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Looks like a real fight guys time to log in