Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

smoobles posted:

Is game good now?

Yes.

Loot is significantly less painful.

The new loot customization options mean that you can have a build completely online by like level 25. I have not tried Barb yet, but this should end the problem of that class being awful until 50, for example.

Leveling is insanely fast compared even to season 2--you should not have a hard time going to 100.

With each season, the design is more and more friendly to people who don't want to frantically mash buttons--I am doing a one-button Incinerate build where I only proc other skills. It is relaxing but still takes some situational awareness to do some content, a nice balance.

Helltides have so many monsters now that it's borderline obnoxious. The Helltide boss looks like something they actually put effort into. This part of the game actually feels complete for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
what sorc ability or maybe it's an aspect makes a sound like you're chugging a potion? i think it might be crowded sage aspect and it sounds like i'm shotgunning the motherfuckers it's so stupid

i have not opened one living steel chest yet and my steel to varshan summon ratio is 37:13. i'm still doing all the 5 & 3 whispers real quick like as well and it's not even close

i got the decaying mount skin that super rarely drops from treasure goblins, that's like the one skin i've wanted forever so that owns

should be 100 tomorrow and be able to place in top 10 on HC trials on sorc. my dead necro is still holding down a top 10 too

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Do you get a fresh season journey thing on hc?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Can confirm at least 1 friend who dropped the game as soon as they beat the campaign at launch has come back this season and felt that the game is actually fun now.

I'm so curious to see where they go from here in terms of major changes and if it is anything other than "welp, cya when the next expansion hits."

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Did they remove the sub-50 legendary caches you could make at the alchemist in the past day or something? I can't find the option now.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Needs a level 100 tier

World bosses are now a chest that spews loot if you happen to be standing near it when it pops

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Helltides are cool but they get a bit samey with all the red, they should just make all the non helltide parts of the overworld have at least the same density so most of the map doesn't feel completely useless to be in.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

kater posted:

is it normal for the pit boss to take longer than clearing to it or should i try and change my build up? just did a 50 and it wasn't like excruuuutiating but it felt weird

they are much harder - one shots, tons of HP, and holy bolt potion may not help if there aren’t adds. Top pit builds often re-work skills to handle the boss after cake walking the lead up.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Sekenr posted:

Remember that Reanimation is half as powerful on 1h. To get the same effect you would neet to temper it on both weapon and focus.

I run reanimation on my gloves and minion attack speed on my 2H - Attack Speed is supposed to be king for minions.

I temper Golem/minion damage on anything that will take it. I have 1,291% damage with golem.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
this season is awesome coming from only vanilla where i got to 80 and then quit. adding grifts, boosting helltides, the loot overhaul, tempering, and masterwork system are great changes. leveling is much faster, and in only a few days im 94

also grifts are great, but just replace nightmares with regular rifts thanks. nmds still need some work even though i see they improved them some. all widgets in the nmds along with every jump and cliff interaction in the open world need to be excised entirely. nothing annoys me more than failing to teleport up a cliff wall, hitting evade to climb up it, then trying to evade too quick only to climb back down the cliff. i also hate having to dismount to climb up a cliff or duck under a wall or whatever, its dumb. i know its a skill issue but still

anything in the game that forces the player to stop fighting other than running out of resource, your bag being full, or your poo poo broke needs to be eliminated

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Is there any point in reviewing/keeping rare items? I've been salvaging them if I pick them up by accident. Legendaries seem way more frequent, especially in tier 4.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

glassyalabolas posted:

Is there any point in reviewing/keeping rare items? I've been salvaging them if I pick them up by accident. Legendaries seem way more frequent, especially in tier 4.

Nope.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

yellows aren’t even worth picking up by partway through WT4, legendaries sell for more and clicking slows down smashing stuff

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
It really bothers me that your primary attack isn't the weapon you're using. Not important for a sorcerer but it's always off that you wield a numbers stick that looks like a sword but it's actually whatever weird thing your primary button does. Like I would prefer that my necro swinging a big sword swung a big sword with an effect on it or something rather than brandishing a weapon then doing magic scythe.

Maybe I'm the only one like this idk.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

JBP posted:

It really bothers me that your primary attack isn't the weapon you're using. Not important for a sorcerer but it's always off that you wield a numbers stick that looks like a sword but it's actually whatever weird thing your primary button does. Like I would prefer that my necro swinging a big sword swung a big sword with an effect on it or something rather than brandishing a weapon then doing magic scythe.

Nah I agree the whole "you never actually use your weapon" thing is weird in ARPGs but it probably keeps the animators from going feral

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
game is good again, confirmed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nice empowered shako

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

niiiiice Shako!

Meanwhile, I just tempered 800 thorns onto the first rare item my level 8 barb found. This season has it all!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Do we get enough sparks or whatever at the end of Iron Wolves rep to forge an uber?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Kaddish posted:

Do we get enough sparks or whatever at the end of Iron Wolves rep to forge an uber?

no, you get 1 of 4 needed. You can get more by beating uber boss(es) the first time (idk exact mechanic) or doing the iron wolves again on an alt, which is surprisingly fast.

also salvaging another uber of course

kater
Nov 16, 2010

There are enough for one through the rep and all three ubers yes.

Wait you can just grind the rep on an alt? Lol

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Just so I'm clear on this, the first time you kill Uber Lilith and any other Tormented Uber Boss in the season, you get a spark?
So like, if I kill Tormented Varshaan I'll get a Spark, and after a kill on Tormented Beast in the Ice or whatever won't drop anymore right?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

no duriel and anduriel and lilithiiel

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kater posted:

no duriel and anduriel and lilithiiel
"What is a weird typo for Lil... oohhhhh"

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i remember someone saying echo was bugged at start surely its been fixed by now riiiight

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Cleared Pit 100, reasonably miserable boss fight at the end against blood bishop. Not sure it's "worth" masterworking much above the 8-9 given how much the neathiron costs spike, I don't really care how high I get in the pit, I just want a reasonable mat farm.

Golem necromancer scales damage and DR like crazy on the golem slam and bone storm, but IMO it's less fun than the leveling / low pit version with corpse explosion and regular minion damage. Might grab the 'ol ring of sacreligious soul again and just see what I can speed farm.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I have to be doing something wrong wrt the iron wolves.. I'm only like half way through the tiers but I've been in the hell tide for ages. Help

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

HOTA barb was the best/worst for this. 4 weapons, but apparently everything in Sanctuary looks like a nail.

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
A friend dragged me into D4 for the new season, and I went for playing through the campaign. It put me in this super awkward spot where I reached level 50 halfway through act 2 and just... couldn't unlock World Tier 3 without spending several more hours capped out. So I felt forced to rush through the game not sparing a glance to any optional quests or side content/dungeons. I really preferred the Diablo 3 version with being able to adjust on the fly with Torment difficulties up to T6 during the campaign.

Good campaign though! Now I need to figure out what to do with my Barbarian. I was nervous the arsenal system would feel super clunky, but it's been pretty much set and forget for now.

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

Does anyone know if the chance for landslide to hit twice temper stacks with the double landslide aspect? So there's a chance for each landslide to actually cast 4 times? Because that sounds too good to be true for a creeperslide druid

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

flashman posted:

I have to be doing something wrong wrt the iron wolves.. I'm only like half way through the tiers but I've been in the hell tide for ages. Help

be in the helltide more? I got all but the last reward by the time I was 80-90 and had moved on to NMDs exclusively.

Spent most of my time doing living iron chests and the spawnable boss, FWIW.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

coelomate posted:

be in the helltide more? I got all but the last reward by the time I was 80-90 and had moved on to NMDs exclusively.

Spent most of my time doing living iron chests and the spawnable boss, FWIW.

Yeah I have been hanging out at the boss spawn pretty much the entire time in Helltides and it's been great xp/loot/rep and there's almost always someone there starting it up.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Idgi man I've got like 22 hrs on this dude and at least 15 are just doing hell tides killing that blood maiden opening boxes I'm level 94. Probably get like 600-700 tokens each time and open a bunch of boxes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are you using Mindcage?

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Very regretting not finishing my renown last season because it's gonna take hours, but loving this sorc chain lightning build. Fireball enchant is just stupid fun

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

pivoted away from traps to a more traditional multishot-style poison barrage build, it ZOOMS. compared to previous builds I have played it does pretty decent boss damage, so maybe I'll actually kill Lilith this time

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

kater posted:

Do you get a fresh season journey thing on hc?

The answer is probably no but what do you mean? There are a lot of things that could potentially be the season journey thing of which you speak!

Here's my tip though. If you want to do an HC character after playing on SC,

1. Complete the Season Journey Chapters (all of them) on SC
2. Claim the final 2-3 chapters of rewards on your level 1 HC character

You'll have a ton of endgame mats, currencies, ancestrals and uniques that will REALLY jumpstart your HC experience.

Plus you'll have all your magic ashes or w/e they are called, that give you bonus xp, glyph, iron wolf, etc

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Updated video for the blight build I've been running. It doesn't quite match up with the guide on maxroll but I assume they're updating as they can. It's fun and blasts pretty hard if you're getting bored of minions.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

JBP posted:

FWIW it has been like this since Diablo 3, and people hated it there too. Unfortunately, at least for newer Diablo games it does not look like that will change any time soon. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Don Dongington posted:

HOTA barb was the best/worst for this. 4 weapons, but apparently everything in Sanctuary looks like a nail.

I think HotA has to hit with the 2h blunt weapon but just to be sure, are you aware that when you press S to assign skills to your hotbar you can choose which weapon is used for each skill?