Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
C'mon son it's clearly Japanese
:goonsay:

e/ top line of the sticker says "infinite speed CDI" (or "unlimited speed CDI", which I'm sure amounts to the same thing)

e2/ okay so the sticker is Chinese and the top line just happens to translate basically identically :v: the box is def from japan though

e3/ I was bored so I did the rest (don't hate me for google's lovely hack job, the characters are all accurately transliterated):

無任何轉速限制, 賽車競技唯一選擇
No speed limit, the only choice athletics racing

適用: 豪邁, 迪爵
Applications: Bold, Dijue (these are proper nouns that both appear to refer to some kind of 125cc scooter, copy paste the characters into GIS if you're interested)

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Coydog posted:

Carry him in a pink basket mounted to the front of the handlebars. Obviously.

Suzuki...veee.. strom? Am I right?

Bandit 650S.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Renaissance Robot posted:

C'mon son it's clearly Japanese
:goonsay:

e/ top line of the sticker says "infinite speed CDI" (or "unlimited speed CDI", which I'm sure amounts to the same thing)

e2/ okay so the sticker is Chinese and the top line just happens to translate basically identically :v: the box is def from japan though

e3/ I was bored so I did the rest (don't hate me for google's lovely hack job, the characters are all accurately transliterated):

無任何轉速限制, 賽車競技唯一選擇
No speed limit, the only choice athletics racing

適用: 豪邁, 迪爵
Applications: Bold, Dijue (these are proper nouns that both appear to refer to some kind of 125cc scooter, copy paste the characters into GIS if you're interested)

Google gets funny. In that first line, 轉速 actually seems to mean RPM not speed, so the first line is, I think:
Literally: Don't have any RPM limit, race competition only choice.
Cleaning it up: No RPM limit, racing's only choice.

Also, cursory search, this appears to be a part that can be used with the Kymco Jockey (豪邁) and SYM Duke (迪爵), both are Taiwanese 125cc scooters (I own an older Kymco Jockey myself).

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl9X-qJdqNE

13:56 for the money shot

Hahaha this loving tool flips the FZ, stays for demo day wings and then rides off on his cbr600rr.

I can't stop watching this poo poo, WHAT WAS HE TRYING TO DO

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
Rode up Pikes Peak today. People must have huge balls to ride that road fast. Also, my buddy's ninja 1000 is pretty sweet.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Get it right.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
It was right, talking about the new trailer for your Desmo RR track bike

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

Razzled posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl9X-qJdqNE

13:56 for the money shot

Hahaha this loving tool flips the FZ, stays for demo day wings and then rides off on his cbr600rr.

I can't stop watching this poo poo, WHAT WAS HE TRYING TO DO

Looks to me like he stalled it, panicked and gave it way too much throttle trying to start as quickly as possible.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thanks for the help on the translations!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Dude couldn't ride for poo poo. He stalled, restarted, revved to the RPM cutoff and dumped the clutch. What did the moron think would happen? Rocket off into the horizon?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

No. 6 posted:

Dude couldn't ride for poo poo. He stalled, restarted, revved to the RPM cutoff and dumped the clutch. What did the moron think would happen? Rocket off into the horizon?

Found the problem.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
Did some riding up in High Point State Park, made a little video of the ride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwnnSW4f_r8

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

Found the problem.

Looks like the pretty classic newbie takeoff mistake - didn't feel for the bite point properly or brace, fell backwards as he started to move and tightened up, which yanked the throttle open. If you look at the ride before that his throttle, brake and clutch control were loving horrible, some of which is probably just being on an unfamiliar bike, but I really wouldn't be surprised if he just couldn't ride for poo poo and has been lucky up to this point.

That FZ's pretty crashproof though, I'll give it that.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Collateral Damage posted:

Good doge.

What's the turtle on your handlebars?

Sorry for late response 's my squeaky turtle bicycle horn and ironic because it's a turtle, you know

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Sorry for late response 's my squeaky turtle bicycle horn and ironic because it's a turtle, you know

This is a great thing. I've always wanted two horns, one that says "FUUUUCK YOOOOUUUU" and one that says "hello everything is nice hee hee".

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It's my stoplight kids waving and pointing horn

Sunlite Squeeze Horns, Turle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012KOOXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_nUJ2vbNP19QWD

If anyone wants. Mount is chea plastic and I had to wrench it down quite a bit but been stable 3 months now. Still hasn't been stolen!!

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

This at cars and coffee?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
These guys took Triumph and Ducati scramblers into the mountains. Looks like an awesome trip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwtWRc5ikMs

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

titanium posted:

This at cars and coffee?

No, I'm pretty sure it's in Minnesota though.

Holy crap that Ducati scrambler looks remarkably capable.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 25, 2015

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
New Diavel. Belt drive + forward controls. Commence kvetching.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

clutchpuck posted:

Like the VRod, I like it :colbert:

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I was going to say it couldn't get any uglier than it already is, but that swingarm :barf:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Holy crap that Ducati scrambler looks remarkably capable.

poo poo yes; still the record for the first ducati I've ever really wanted to own.

clutchpuck posted:

This is what happens when you catch The Thing mid-transform from a ducati to a harley.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Quick, we need a petri dish and a paper clip.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

clutchpuck posted:

Well at least they're admitting who they're actually going after.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBzmkpF_4VQ

Some Pipe Dream video POV shots in this.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

M42 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBzmkpF_4VQ

Some Pipe Dream video POV shots in this.

The speed is interesting - apparently 30mph was enough to keep him floating.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Less floating, more planing.

Hydrodynamics :psyduck:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

A thing happened

:toot:

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

A thing happened

I've always worried about this hurting the animals ears. It sure is adorable though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Anything other than a stock exhaust would just be cruel imo. But then you see dudes on Harley's blasting by with dogs so I don't know. He actually wasn't startled by my bike's noise at all. And I acclimated him a tiny bit, some treats, and rode around real slow and he'd chase me. He didn't seem to be in any discomfort from the noise but it definitely isn't good for him

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Hearing damage is cumulative over the course of our life. Dogs live a life so much shorter than ours that I would be curious what the long term ramifications of loud noises are for them. Obviously the immediate volume can be painful to them, but if there isn't immediate pain then I'd be curious about the actual damage over time.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Going to the vet soon i'll ask

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

A thing happened

Awesome, he clearly loves it.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

A thing happened

:3:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That's pretty awesome. But I wouldn't worry about just sound, exhaust too. Anything I have near the rear of my bike ends up reeking of exhaust. I'd consider some kind of extension if I had a buddy back there.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Sick helmet decal you fuckin nerd :hfive:

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

A thing happened

d'aaww

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Guaranteed they arrest this guy at his grandma's home in Spokane Valley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

clutchpuck posted:

Guaranteed they arrest this guy at his grandma's home in Spokane Valley.

Hey at least they were wearing (some) gear...