Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Cached Money posted:

Found this crap on YouTube, it's double stupid as well(idiot buys pricy "exhaust diverter" instead of a regular cut out because it blocks off the mufflers when it's open):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc6Ej2xYOVs

Living near this guy must be a treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I like his friends.

"How would we know the airbags would deploy because of a dipshit with his exhaust?"

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
Sweet automatic.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Octopus Magic posted:

the second gen camaro truly is god's unwanted creature.

Bumper-law era, sure. Early split bumper, though?

(Still thread appropriate because YOU GOTTA WORK ON YOUR POST PROCESSING BRO)

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Cage posted:

I like his friends.

"How would we know the airbags would deploy because of a dipshit with his exhaust?"

Q."How can we see out of the windows?"
A."There's probably a code we have to clear"

"Lucky the rollcage stopped the airbags from hitting us."

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jkj8A8P-Cg

This retard's car generates 120db inside the cabin. As soon as he hits WOT, he permanently damages his hearing.

spog fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 22, 2017

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

He's just trying to equalize the capabilities of his ears with the capabilities of his brain.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Stupid or not, that's still kind of impressive.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Huh, I didn't realize that down-firing side curtain airbags would contact the driver and passenger in a normal seated position, unless you had a rollcage. Interesting!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

angryrobots posted:

Huh, I didn't realize that down-firing side curtain airbags would contact the driver and passenger in a normal seated position, unless you had a rollcage. Interesting!

Wouldn't that be the idea of having the side curtain airbags in the first place?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I was being very sarcastic.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

InitialDave posted:

Stupid or not, that's still kind of impressive.

The more impressive thing is someone having far, far more money than brains that they put a full cage in their brand new Camaro and don't even remove the airbags.

What kind of level of poser do you even need to do that?!

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Also stating "LOUD EXHAUST Makes Airbags BLOW at 140mph!!!" in the title, on a public road with your face clearly visible. This guy is clearly dumb as soup.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

IOwnCalculus posted:

(Still thread appropriate because YOU GOTTA WORK ON YOUR POST PROCESSING BRO)

That's not "Dick Brown", that's clearly a deep blue!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Code Jockey posted:

That's not "Dick Brown", that's clearly a deep blue!

:golfclap:

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

IOwnCalculus posted:

I also have a soft spot for Vegas, even if they weren't split-bumpered

(Could be terrible car stuff depending on your perspective)

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I was behind this car on my commute the other day. I first saw the Audi S badge which didn't make sense, then I saw the letters on the left. It was all confusion until it hit me. It was driven by a middle aged dude that looked straight af

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Today, no pictures, but I spotted a murdered out 90s Honda sedan with no cat and a fart pipe. And the passenger was vaping.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Domestic Amuse posted:

I also have a soft spot for Vegas, even if they weren't split-bumpered

(Could be terrible car stuff depending on your perspective)

I have recurring naughty thoughts about a Vega two-door wagon with an LS7 and bonkers suspension. They're rare as hens teeth down here, though, and pricey in any condition.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I was behind this car on my commute the other day. I first saw the Audi S badge which didn't make sense, then I saw the letters on the left. It was all confusion until it hit me. It was driven by a middle aged dude that looked straight af

I don't get it

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Same

PRIG35S?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Definitely a hybrid then.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Sagebrush posted:

I don't get it

I think he was aiming for "Princess".

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Actually it's priinfinitig35s

pre-infinite-geese?

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

He's a telecom salesman that specializes on Primary Rate Interface T1's. Please don't rob my bit.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I like the license plate
E30 BUM

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Saw this in hemmings, that must be some paint.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That body shop is dumb as gently caress.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Cage posted:

Saw this in hemmings, that must be some paint.

If it were completely perfect (i.e. all of the panels completely straight, all of the gaps small and consistent, all of the fibreglass body kit bits exactly the same colours as the steel panels, etc. etc.) the amount of prep and application time could easily result in a $25k paint job. Ask anybody who has had a concours-quality paint job done on a car - "very good" is expensive, but "perfect" is an order of magnitude more.

The paint itself isn't any more expensive, of course, you just use more of it (i.e. more layers, more blocking between coats, etc) and the amount of labour is insane. I mean, imagine that the paint costs $2,500. $22,500 in labour at $125 / hr (easy to get a rate like that at a high-end body shop) is only 180 hours. 4.5 person-weeks of effort is super easy to put into a perfect paint job.

But I highly doubt that ugly piece of poo poo has a concours-quality paint job, unless the owner was completely insane.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

HandlingByJebus posted:

If it were completely perfect (i.e. all of the panels completely straight, all of the gaps small and consistent, all of the fibreglass body kit bits exactly the same colours as the steel panels, etc. etc.) the amount of prep and application time could easily result in a $25k paint job. Ask anybody who has had a concours-quality paint job done on a car - "very good" is expensive, but "perfect" is an order of magnitude more.

The paint itself isn't any more expensive, of course, you just use more of it (i.e. more layers, more blocking between coats, etc) and the amount of labour is insane. I mean, imagine that the paint costs $2,500. $22,500 in labour at $125 / hr (easy to get a rate like that at a high-end body shop) is only 180 hours. 4.5 person-weeks of effort is super easy to put into a perfect paint job.

But I highly doubt that ugly piece of poo poo has a concours-quality paint job, unless the owner was completely insane.
I suppose it would've cost them a lot more to type all that, instead of just "we figure its $$$"

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I remember strolling around a Toyota dealership that had brand new Supras. One had the dealer option of $3K chrome wheels. Those were the days and drat I feel old.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

I remember strolling around a Toyota dealership that had brand new Supras. One had the dealer option of $3K chrome wheels. Those were the days and drat I feel old.

One of the dealers here still has one.

http://www.chtoyota.com/inventory/listing/used/1990/Toyota/Supra/979/2156/

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Well it's come down $10k, must be a deal!
http://www.oldforgemotorcars.com/vehicles/322/1993-toyota-supra

Edit: hahaha - "Your opportunity to own a true "show" and "go" machine of the highest caliper."

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEY YOU GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

It's kinda a shame that the car car never be driven.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Human Grand Prix posted:

It's kinda a shame that the car car never be driven.

yeah, but on the other hand, the car car never been thrashed by a teenager like every single other one.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Crash tests can be terrible car stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCPWPj4JHqg

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Still better than some chinese cars.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

:3:

Also: :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

All I can think of is trying to find all the tiny pieces that scattered and fell in the track