Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

PCjr sidecar posted:

pandemic has brought us so many instacart celery deliveries, so few panty drops

art frahm has been rolling in his grave for a good while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
Roko's basilisk was referenced in Canadian musician Grimes's music video for her 2015 song "Flesh Without Blood" through a character named "Rococo Basilisk" who was described by Grimes as "doomed to be eternally tortured by an artificial intelligence, but she's also kind of like Marie Antoinette." After thinking of this pun and finding that Grimes had already made this pun, Elon Musk contacted Grimes, which led to them dating.[13][14]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
rocko's modern basilisk

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
In 1992, two months prior to the production of season 1 of Rocko's Modern Life, Murray's first wife,[7] Diane, committed suicide.[8] Murray had blamed the show being taken as the reason for his wife's suicide.[9] Murray felt that he had emotional and physical "unresolved issues" when he moved to Los Angeles. He describes the experience as like participating in "marathon with my pants around my ankles". Murray initially believed that he would create one season, move back to the San Francisco Bay Area and "clean up the loose ends I had left hanging". To his surprise Nickelodeon approved new seasons.[2]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

is it rocks modern pussy or pockers modern rocky

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Carthag Tuek posted:

on that note, pro tip: dont buy celery, lest your panties drop for all to see

Art Frahm appreciation station

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

axolotl farmer posted:

Art Frahm appreciation station

they say "do what you love, and the money will follow"

*spends 12 hours a day startling women in the produce aisle*

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Frahm (not to be confused with Calen Frahm) had adequate technical competence for his medium, with a style somewhat reminiscent of Norman Rockwell's

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Soricidus posted:

Frahm (not to be confused with Calen Frahm) had adequate technical competence for his medium, with a style somewhat reminiscent of Norman Rockwell's

lol this is true

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
somewhat blursed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:UneJeunePucelle_par_hydraulophone.ogv

the idea of 1st person video of a person holding a camera is blowing my mind

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
This looks like a cool but v messy instrument

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Escapist Dream is a science fiction novel written by Louis Bulaong and published on July 26, 2020.[1] The novel is set in a near future where virtual reality has become a norm and where geeks can use it to gain superpowers and extraordinary abilities.[2] It was written by the author as a homage to geek culture from comics, films, anime and video games. Upon its release, it garnered positive reception from critics and became one of the best pop culture fiction titles to date.

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

which one of you poets/high school english students wrote this

quote:

The violence of the grittiest Buffalo streets worked its way into Conway's art, lending a biting verisimilitude to his raps

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Look at these playing card graphics https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_52-card_deck#Composition

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
the queen and her neckline are my favorite

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Reposting an old article because of an addition

quote:

Wall was again proclaimed "King of the Dudes" in 1888 by the New York American newspaper. A journalist named Blakely Hall judged that Wall had won the "Battle of the Dudes" against Robert "Bob" Hilliard, another sartorial dude when, during the March Blizzard of 1888, he strode into a bar clad in gleaming boots of patent leather that went to his hips.[5] Nevertheless, some historians still consider it was Hilliard who won that dude battle.[6]
Yes well some historians are full of poo poo. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evander_Berry_Wall

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

the queen and her neckline are my favorite

queen rocking the deep v

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

darthbob88 posted:

Reposting an old article because of an addition
Yes well some historians are full of poo poo. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evander_Berry_Wall

this dudes autobiography is in the public domain and looks like a good little read

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Wanna see him battle the king of the sweets

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

In 1901, the federal government planted over 80,000 trees in an attempt to stabilize the soil; all died.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

awesomeolion posted:

In 1901, the federal government planted over 80,000 trees in an attempt to stabilize the soil; all died.

xposting to historical fun fact thread

Carthag Tuek posted:

Reminds me of the coastline around my hometown, which was for centuries plagued by hiking dunes. It must have begun in the middle ages, cause there are sources back to the early 1500s that refer to earlier problems. Possibly the reason was that the coast was one of the few areas that the serfs could let their sheep and cattle graze freely, which soon loosened the dirt, which then blew away. If I understand the phenomenon correctly, it was basically like the American dust bowl, but coastal.

Anyway, several attempts were made to curb it. A major one was the hiring of a German who built fences and planted trees along part of the coastline. Christian VI had a monument put up in his name in 1738, and part of that area remains publicly accessible to this day.

In another town further down the coast, the lighthouse keeper was put in charge in the early mid 1800s. I've seen his journal, it's pretty funny: he hired the young girls to plant both coniferous and deciduous trees on the coast, but for some reason many of them were repeatedly pulled up overnight. It turned out that some young boys felt scorned by the "girly foolery" on the beach.

Eventually, they did manage to overcome the lovely boys though, and we have a pretty dece coastline now.

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

"The station’s rescue equipment was upgraded in 1854 with the latest generation of self-bailing lifeboats and life cars"

Anyone know what a life car is?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

awesomeolion posted:

"The station’s rescue equipment was upgraded in 1854 with the latest generation of self-bailing lifeboats and life cars"

Anyone know what a life car is?

fully enclosed watertight boat. you’d use it to move sick or injured people to land from a ship if you couldn’t dock and they couldn’t get wet.

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Midjack posted:

fully enclosed watertight boat. you’d use it to move sick or injured people to land from a ship if you couldn’t dock and they couldn’t get wet.

whoa now I know! ty

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

EEYYAAAHH! – pyrokinesis
AHHRRRRRR! – force field
OYYUUUUUU! – teleportation
ARRRRHHHH! – explosions
ZZZRRRUUGGHH! – telekinesis
UIUUIEEEE! – transmutation
ARRREEEEG! – weather manipulation
IRRRRWWWW! – plant manipulation
CCCIIIRRR! – vertigo
RRRYYYY! – wind manipulation
WHEEEEW! – retrocognition

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RaspberryAmber/status/1357712168003784704

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lmao that's awesome

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Parahexavoctal posted:

EEYYAAAHH! – pyrokinesis
AHHRRRRRR! – force field
OYYUUUUUU! – teleportation
ARRRRHHHH! – explosions
ZZZRRRUUGGHH! – telekinesis
UIUUIEEEE! – transmutation
ARRREEEEG! – weather manipulation
IRRRRWWWW! – plant manipulation
CCCIIIRRR! – vertigo
RRRYYYY! – wind manipulation
WHEEEEW! – retrocognition

fus ro dah not listed, voted 3

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

On 30 April 1988, Dr Nikolai Ustinov died when 44 years of age, 14 days after accidentally pricking himself through two layers of rubber gloves with a needle contaminated with the Marburg virus. The long-term goal of the research was to weaponise it for use on the MIRV missiles that are aimed at the United States. Ustinov wrote a diary for the last ten days of his life. It is said "he sweated blood directly from the pores of his skin, and left bloody fingerprints on the pages of his diary." But all was not in vain! Cultures of the virus killed Ustinov live on and some of his remains lie in a freezer from where other more careful ghouls can harvest fresh batches. "Variant U" is so potent that under six microscopic particles lodged in the lungs of a monkey will guarantee its gruesome death.[11]

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ordinary virgin vs the chada yogi, late kundalini model

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
lomatf

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol_sword#Disadvantages

there is no "advantages" section

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 9, 2021

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

They hosed up by not having a lowercase d in the album title

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The cocktail owes its name to the use of vodka, a typical Russian spirit, and the blackness of the coffee liqueur.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Plot summary [edit]

Al Rosen stuck his neck out to help the Detroit government put some goons in prison, only it didn't go according to plan. He is living in Israel off the checks sent his way by the company he helped found. The checks are brought to him by the untrusty sleazy lawyer Mel Bandy. Rosen spends his days hanging out in hotel lobbies, getting sun, and just simply staying out of sight. But one fateful night there's a hotel fire that draws the attention of the media and Rosen gets photographed and wound up getting his face in the Detroit Free Press. Now Rosen's enemies know where he is and they immediately descend on the Holy Land for the purpose of killing him. Sgt. David Davis is about to finish his tour with the marines. The big problem is that he has no idea what to do with himself once he is out. Now Rosen is on the run in Israel with three killers and a sleazy lawyer on his tail and a U.S. Marine for company. Can this Vietnam vet U.S. Marine keep Rosen safe.....

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/0ddish/status/1359232872171905031

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
A music video was produced for the song "Wise Guy," featuring Pesci reciting his lyrics in various mob-themed settings. "Wise Guy" recreates elements from the Blondie song "Rapture" and features a chorus lyrically similar to that of Fred Rogers' "Won't You Be My Neighbor?".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
doctors and other wizards shall be granted the full respect of the court