Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Fister Roboto posted:

What do you call a group of homestuck cosplayers anyway? A herd? A flock? A smack? A murder?

A waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Fister Roboto posted:

What do you call a group of homestuck cosplayers anyway? A herd? A flock? A smack? A murder?

A blight.

(I thought a blight was already a clever name for a group of something but all I'm getting on google is some book about mages or something)

UltraPenguinX
Mar 23, 2009

TC: hOnK hOnK iM a MoThErFuCkInG sEaL :o)

Fister Roboto posted:

A nerding. A nerding of homestucks.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Thundarr posted:

A bucket. :v:

"I saw a bucket of Homestucks crossing the street the other day. A convention must be in town."

It works.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

Losers.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Indie Rocktopus posted:

Since the BIG MAN hass been out of commission a few days, I took the opportunity to update my Homestuck annotations.

Just finished reading, and this is great stuff as always Rocktapus. Just a few reactions I had reading the extended notes:

Do you think it's important to discuss the puns involved in LE's and Doc Scratch's names now, or will they be addressed at a later date? English has connections with the billiards technique and retroactively to Lord British from the Ultima games, while Old Scratch is a euphemism for Satan and becomes a key word for the rest of the comic. Superficial analysis I know, but you'd be suprised at how many people miss them.

You mentioned that Feferi has tons of potential that the comic never touches on, but then don't explain that opinion. It probably won't fit where you brought it up, but I'm curious as to what you meant.

The topic of the handicapped in Homestuck is pretty poignant and not something I had thought about before. Surprised you didn't make the comparison between Toph and Terezi though, since they're very similar characters in the level of manic glee they possess and about how much their blindness affects them. Still, I think the idea that the trolls disabilities are inflicted on them isn't that much of a distraction: even someone born with a handicap may occasionally blame fate or God or luck for their misfortunes, even though no one is truly to blame. It's overcoming and incorporating what life throws at you that makes you mature, which is what Terezi did and Tavros (and Vriska) couldn't.

Which yeah, is what you said in your annotations. Love reading them, can't thank you enough for doing them.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Bad news guys, looks like people have started playing Sburb.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dang that's a nice video.

I hope whatever this is does come out in an official album, it sounds like a lead-in to a really nice song :allears:

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Indie Rocktopus posted:

Since the BIG MAN hass been out of commission a few days, I took the opportunity to update my Homestuck annotations.

I was wondering when these would show up again and you don't disappoint. Very enjoyable read all round and you dealt with the Troll Romance without sounding sketchy so well done, you.

What I would say, though, is in the section about disabilities and Tavros and Terzei's different ways of dealing with them you don't mention something I think is very relevant: The dreamselves.
Terezi's dreamself is blind, carrying over her real world disability, while Tavros' dreamself appears able to walk. I can't remember if this was said in the comic or just fan theorising but I remember the idea that this was to do with acceptance of ones situation. Terezi came to a point where she was comfortable with her blindness, probably because of the bond it helped her form with her Lusus while Tavros rejected it because, well, I don't know but my guess would be denying problems exist.

Looking forward to Murderstuck in 6 months time!

donges
Aug 4, 2012

I'd rather be vomiting and I despise vomiting. Blegh!

Fister Roboto posted:

I've always referred to them as a gaggle. It just feels right.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I think blight sounds best, and also most appropriate, but Hussie also mentioned "a herd of Nepetas" when asked about cosplayers on Formspring or something, so maybe herd is the right word.

At least for Nepetas.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
A litter of Nepetas. Come on.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
A :wtc: of weirdos.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
For all those internationals who are waiting on their Kickstarter stuff, I've had some contact with What Pumpkin, and they passed this along:

What Pumpkin Studios posted:

Hello,

Thanks for writing, and I apologize about the delay you're experiencing on your order.

When we originally set up the packaging and shipping process to send Kickstarter goodies out (purchasing the thousands of boxes, tubes, packing material, etc), we were unaware of a couple USPS international shipping regulations regarding boxes larger than 24 inches. Unfortunately, we were using 28-inch boxes to ship everything, mostly because of the print. Upon learning of these regulations in mid-December, we started the frantic process of trying to plan over again how to ship everything, and are having to repackage and reorder different boxes to be able to get your Kickstarter paks to you.

And while this has caused a delay in shipping international orders, it will not keep your order from getting to you and we are committed to getting everything to you as fast as we can. We just hate that it's taking this long.

I can assure you though that we have not forgotten you. And if you check us out regularly at twitter.com/whatpumpkin we'll be providing regular updates of Kickstarter shipping progress.

If there is anything else I can do for you, please feel free to contact me at any time.

It's not the stuff in our hands, but it is precious information so we at least know what's happening.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
This is it. This is the best achievement i have ever gotten in a game.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Dorroile posted:

What game?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

An anime Hogwarts dating sim/dungeon crawler that is more fun than it has any right to be.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

"Magical Diary" is the title.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Dorroile posted:

Now, the question is, is this referencing Homestuck, or are both medias referencing the same terrible original source?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What if Jake's pants (or lack thereof) are actually like straight-up briefs :allears:

I wonder if one could attempt that cosplay at a con without being thrown out. :mmmhmm:

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Tollymain posted:

What if Jake's pants (or lack thereof) are actually like straight-up briefs :allears:

I wonder if one could attempt that cosplay at a con without being thrown out. :mmmhmm:

Probably

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Was thinking about Vriska's role in the future of the comic, and was trying to think of more examples of the rogue who switches over to the side of Good but keeps their crooked ways, and it's a good thing, too, because it's only their backstab of the villain at a critical moment that allows the Noble and Morally Upright Hero to triumph. There's Han Solo in ANH, Mouse in Reboot, what else...

I'm sure there's a tvtrope entry for this, but I'm loath to try to track it down.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Bobulus posted:

Was thinking about Vriska's role in the future of the comic, and was trying to think of more examples of the rogue who switches over to the side of Good but keeps their crooked ways, and it's a good thing, too, because it's only their backstab of the villain at a critical moment that allows the Noble and Morally Upright Hero to triumph. There's Han Solo in ANH, Mouse in Reboot, what else...

I'm sure there's a tvtrope entry for this, but I'm loath to try to track it down.

Eh, the Han Solo analogy doesn't really fit here because he never worked for the Bad Guys.

...Then again, Vriska never really did either, she was just kinda a huge bitch (bluh bluh, etc.).

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No I mean these, but orange: http://i.imgur.com/kKonVVx.jpg

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Ablative posted:

Eh, the Han Solo analogy doesn't really fit here because he never worked for the Bad Guys.

...Then again, Vriska never really did either, she was just kinda a huge bitch (bluh bluh, etc.).

It's easy to forget, what with his later actions or the special edition edits, but he's quite the scumbag in A New Hope. He only goes to rescue the Princess because he's desperate for the reward money, and as soon as he gets that, he splits. ...until the very end of the movie when he pops up out of nowhere, hits Vader's TIE on his unguarded rear, saving the day.

Same deal with Mouse in Reboot. Never really a bad guy persay (did bad things for kicks, but backed out when a child was going to die), but showed up at the last minute and fucks over Megabyte by hacking his portal, sending him into the tentacle-y embrace of the Horrorterror Web.

That's basically what I'm expecting Vriska to do: continue on her treasure hunt in the background, not be seen for a while. And at the end of the comic, Caliborn is going to have one last trick up his sleeves that no one sees coming. And that's when Vriska's going to pop out and steal his light or use the treasure or something and totally ruin his plans so that he gets what he deserves.

But I'm trying to think of more media examples of this, and I'm too tired to think of any.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Bobulus posted:

It's easy to forget, what with his later actions or the special edition edits, but he's quite the scumbag in A New Hope. He only goes to rescue the Princess because he's desperate for the reward money, and as soon as he gets that, he splits. ...until the very end of the movie when he pops up out of nowhere, hits Vader's TIE on his unguarded rear, saving the day.

Same deal with Mouse in Reboot. Never really a bad guy persay (did bad things for kicks, but backed out when a child was going to die), but showed up at the last minute and fucks over Megabyte by hacking his portal, sending him into the tentacle-y embrace of the Horrorterror Web.

That's basically what I'm expecting Vriska to do: continue on her treasure hunt in the background, not be seen for a while. And at the end of the comic, Caliborn is going to have one last trick up his sleeves that no one sees coming. And that's when Vriska's going to pop out and steal his light or use the treasure or something and totally ruin his plans so that he gets what he deserves.

But I'm trying to think of more media examples of this, and I'm too tired to think of any.

Sounds like either "Default To Good" or "Changed My Mind, Kid" to me.

...I... spent a lot of time on there. For a while.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, you're not the only one who spent a shameful amount of time on TVTropes as a teen :saddowns::hf::smith:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

RIP Andrew Hussie.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't get it :confused:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What do you guys think of Ryan North's announcement that he'll be taking creative control of Homestuck and ownership of the mspaintadventures.com domain? I'm skeptical, but in light of this recent tragedy, perhaps this is all we have to look forward to.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
It means its time to break out the Pesterchum clients and start writing erotic roleplay fanfics.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Well it's been ALMOST a whole week, clearly some people think that's a long time to wait for an update.

:corsair:Let me tell you kids about the Cascade hiatus...

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

My knee is twitchin'. I predict an update soon. Going to go with...ten-ish updates.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Bobulus posted:

My knee is twitchin'. I predict an update soon. Going to go with...ten-ish updates.

I got money says fifteen. You wanna make this poo poo happen?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Uh... Guys? G- Guys?

It happened. It loving happened.

It loving happened and I'm loving scared.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

...Oh.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

edit: looks like it updated while I was typing this!

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me
Well, that was a turn of events. HIC playing those kids like a motherfucker.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Holy loving poo poo. :stare:

Edit: god i was wondering if she'd be able to mind control jade because the dual powers thing but fuuuuuuck

Luminous Obscurity fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What big teeth you have, Grandma! :buddy: