Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ImpAtom posted:

Ivalace has the best goddamn pizzas in the universe, but they are sentient beasts the size of a house and need to be hunted and killed. Sadly this subplot keeps getting cut from the games.

The Pizza Hut Braves Story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Nah, not a lovely greasy chain restaurant pizza. Authentic, local-style, Ivalice pizza. The true, and the only way, to eat pizza.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
My favourite Tidus moment is still when he deftly changes the conversation away from Wakka's insane ramblings against the JewsAl Behd and Yuna quietly thanks him.

It's jsut such a realistic moment to take place on top of an elephant driven by Jar-Jar Binks.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

maou shoujo posted:

I wouldn't hate this if it was at least symmetrical. Those one-legged pantshorts irritate me so much.

Hey, not his choice: he's wearing those zipper shorts and has long since lost the left leg.

Rudicron
Oct 30, 2013

It's Lunchtime!

Get yourself a hotdog!

The White Dragon posted:

Hey, not his choice: he's wearing those zipper shorts and has long since lost the left leg.

It's not just that, the long leg also has zipper teeth. At minimum, he's lost the middle section of the left leg, and the bottom section of the right.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rudicron posted:

It's not just that, the long leg also has zipper teeth. At minimum, he's lost the middle section of the left leg, and the bottom section of the right.

drat Tidus, take better care of your clothes.

That said in Dissidia the short leg was torn off I think.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Nothing too exciting besides Rogue/Ninja and Ultros. Think I'll wait until the expansion to resub.

Any new word on the expansion? Has a 2.5 patch been confirmed? Though I guess there'd be one to close out Crystal Tower at any rate.

FUNNY YOU SHOULD MENTION THAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68CNzwinqlg

Final Fantasy 14's first (second? Depends on how you want to look at ARR) expansion will come Spring 2015.

Terper fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 18, 2014

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
It is kind of amazing how much better Vaan's design gets once he puts a shirt on

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Help Im Alive posted:

Tidus is ok but his outfit is probably one of the worst in the series. What were they even thinking

Someone didn't play Dirge of Cerberus.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

I may be imagining things, but isn't there a version of this where every single accessory/piece of clothing is explained?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I acknowledge the fact that fantasy-steeped RPGs such as the Final Fantasy series aim to depict unfamiliar worlds with unfamiliar customs and cultures. And showcasing characters in strange and exotic clothing is perhaps the most effective manner of expressing a general sense of unfamiliarity. Despite these acknowledgements, I must point out that it has been a long while since a Final Fantasy entry has depicted its characters in garb that wouldn't get immensely hosed up on its first spin cycle of a machine washer or dryer.

I hope FFXV bucks this trend by implementing coin-op laundromats as significant landmarks.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

This is what I imagine level 99 characters look like.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Level Slide posted:

I acknowledge the fact that fantasy-steeped RPGs such as the Final Fantasy series aim to depict unfamiliar worlds with unfamiliar customs and cultures. And showcasing characters in strange and exotic clothing is perhaps the most effective manner of expressing a general sense of unfamiliarity. Despite these acknowledgements, I must point out that it has been a long while since a Final Fantasy entry has depicted its characters in garb that wouldn't get immensely hosed up on its first spin cycle of a machine washer or dryer.

I hope FFXV bucks this trend by implementing coin-op laundromats as significant landmarks.

What's wrong with 13? Outside of the aussie Pulsies, they have normal-ish clothing.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

those shoes platform sneakers

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Ragequit posted:

I may be imagining things, but isn't there a version of this where every single accessory/piece of clothing is explained?

Yes:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Ragequit posted:

In the version I'm thinking of, not really explained:

E;f,b.

ulmont fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 18, 2014

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Yeah, I have hard time criticizing Tidus' outfit while Luso exists. He's just so insanely overdesigned that Tidus looks essentially normal in comparison.

(Of course, Tidus' outfit is actually pretty practical; it's just gaudy and eye-catching on every possible level in a way that makes it clear that the person wearing it is desperate to be noticed.)

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Tae posted:

What's wrong with 13? Outside of the aussie Pulsies, they have normal-ish clothing.

The original 13 had sensible clothing, yes, but that was four years ago. Despite the company's slow progress, four years counts as "a long while."

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Krad posted:

I dream of looking like this when I turn level 99.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Level Slide posted:

The original 13 had sensible clothing, yes, but that was four years ago. Despite the company's slow progress, four years counts as "a long while."

Well there's only been 1 mainline FF since 13 and that's an MMO. If FFXV comes out, it's only bucking one trend at most.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'm counting 13-2 and Lightning Returns because I'm scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel. Though in all honesty, I was having a thought experiment on which FF game's general wardrobe would survive the dreaded Kenmore washer/dryer.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Krad posted:

I'm reminded of a random NPC in DQ7 who had the best line ever:
"Judging by your mismatched armor and massive weapons, you appear to be adventurers."

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
It takes me an hour to get ready to go every morning. I can't imagine how Luso starts his days

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Probably gonna have to tear up my JRPG credentials here but what game is this dude from?

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
FFTA2

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ulmont posted:

In the version I'm thinking of, not really explained:

the weirdest thing is that if you stripped off all the needless accessories it'd be a fairly normal design. it isn't something like tidus or lulu where the base outfit is weird, the base outfit is just overalls + mildly weird shoes

edit: he's from final fantasy tactics advance 2

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
the shorts part of the overalls are pretty weird.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I can't really dislike Luso's design, it's pretty obvious that the designer just decided to go all out and sometimes you just gotta be a little crazy, you know?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

People were talking about Tidus' design, but then the topic of XIII's design vs. its sequels came up, and now I'm curious what people think of Gunner Yuna's look.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

People were talking about Tidus' design, but then the topic of XIII's design vs. its sequels came up, and now I'm curious what people think of Gunner Yuna's look.

The half skirt is a bit weird but otherwise I wouldn't be surprised to meet someone wearing that.

Edit: Wait, is that rope thing her hair? I forget. If it's just a length of rope then that's kind of weird too.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 19, 2014

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Nihilarian posted:

The half skirt is a bit weird but otherwise I wouldn't be surprised to meet someone wearing that.

Edit: Wait, is that rope thing her hair? I forget. If it's just a length of rope then that's kind of weird too.

No. It is a long braid that contains her hair.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

fronz posted:

And by "her hair" you almost certainly mean "not her hair." Unless hair grows magically fast in Spira and she grew about 10 years' worth of hair in a year or so.

The hood on the "tank top" that covers slightly more than a bikini top is also a bit strange. And the seemingly impossible Zanarkand Abes logo, unless it's made of metal or something.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

fronz posted:

OK, good. Does make me wonder how she grew her hair so long, though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

That bullwhip attached to her head must be handy. Indiana Jones approves of this.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

actually I think that's a backwards baseball cap or something.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

For many years after, I never realized it was her hair. Only when it was pointed out to me online did I think of that possibility. I just....how would that even work?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

the top's weird mesh window is dumb and the hair tail is odd but the rest of it isn't bad. better than tidus's design imo

Zyntherius
Jul 25, 2014

Eiko's is just weird in my oppinion

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Schwartzcough posted:

And by "her hair" you almost certainly mean "not her hair." Unless hair grows magically fast in Spira and she grew about 10 years' worth of hair in a year or so.

The hood on the "tank top" that covers slightly more than a bikini top is also a bit strange. And the seemingly impossible Zanarkand Abes logo, unless it's made of metal or something.

She has been using volumizing shampoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

OK, good. Does make me wonder how she grew her hair so long, though.

her dead boyfriends dad was a doom whale, i wouldnt worry too much about the small details of yunas life