Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

mr. stefan posted:

crimes against confection.

And humanity. And carapacity. And reality. And fashion, god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Monathin posted:

If we do not at least get a visual callback to Jake and Meenah's DIE FISH HITLER panel, I will be forever disappointed.

I was personally banking on a 3X SHOWDOWN COMBO callback here, but a DIE FISH HITLER callback would also be acceptable if John only ever makes mention of HiC's crime of being Betty Crocker and having an obsession with baking, while the other characters present look on in confusion as he beats the poo poo out of an alien tyrant while screaming about cake.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Jade shooting the tiara onto Jane was probably the coolest use of the double panel layout so far.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
and i was like drat

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Oh no. Jade went Grimbark.

But seriously, holy poo poo.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

I wonder if Jade is the invert of "Maid of Life" now. Calliope did make a point to mention it when talking about classes and aspects. What would she be, like the Page of Doom or something like that?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

So. The Act is officially over.

What the hell is the intermission going to be?

gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

There's a new terror of the skies, bitches.
AND HER HAIR IS PINK.
I feel bad for saying this but one of the funnier parts of this update to me is tumblr's legitimate, serious, vocal distress

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Black Mage Knight posted:

Son daughter of a bitch.

Ablative posted:

And humanity. And carapacity. And reality. And fashion, god drat.

The rest I grant you, but no fashion crimes have been committed here.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Perhaps the Intermission will be the final moments before the B1 crew arrive in the new session. Maybe we'll see a flashback to Jade porting off to deal with Jack English while John throws a tantrum because she didn't take him with her.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Moddington posted:

Makeout Meteor sailing through the alpha session as they realize they have no way to slow down, slamming into Jack and Dirk in the process.

They then land in the Squiddle session, which causes a three year long intermission intermission introducing the fifty two new squiddy characters. Meanwhile, Hussie laughs madly from atop a throne of skulls, scripting out the updates with the bloody tips of his fingers.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

We're definitely going to be switching over to Makeout Meteor, it's been too long since we focused over there an who knows how incredibly crazy it's gotten at subverting our expectations since then, depending on which part of the fandom Hussie decides to mock with the next update.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Moddington posted:

If I say The Felt enough times maybe one day it will come true.

But yeah, probably going to see what's going on with the meteor kids. Or maybe the dead troll army. Or maybe Caliborn. Or maybe Spades Slick. Or maybe all four and more? The possibilities are (not quite) endless.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
My guess is Meenah and Vriska's Bogus Journey.

It will end with Meenah pulling a self-rez and setting off to take back her throne. Please...

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
I wanted an update, but not like this. Not like this.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if B1 Jack Noir and PM team up to free Jade from HIC. I know they're vulnerable to mind control as well, but it seems loyalty to Jade is very, very powerful. Look at what it did to B1 Jack; he couldn't kill her, and when CD did it, he flipped out and killed him to avenge Jade, then put her body on her quest bed, even though he should've just left her for dead. If Jack can resist the urge to kill someone that can be a serious threat to him and Derse, then I don't think its out of the realm of possibly that he (and PM, since she's also got some Bec in her) would be able to resist HIC mind-controlling them in order to save Jade from HIC. Plus, Jack hates the queen of Derse, and guess what the HIC happens to be. :v:

I know this sounds far-fetched, but this latest series of panels would've sounded far-fetched as a fan theory, so...

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

So this is what a worst case scenario looks like, eh?

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Why do bad things happen to good characters?

Oh my god, grimbark is definitely not what I was expecting from this update. What now?? What else can possibly go wrong? :ohdear:

Bluemidget posted:

I wonder if Jade is the invert of "Maid of Life" now. Calliope did make a point to mention it when talking about classes and aspects. What would she be, like the Page of Doom or something like that?

That one theorist's speculation puts her as a Bard of Doom but I don't think she's inverted, I think the Condesce is just using her.

Also a Maid inverting to a Bard seems really loving silly to me.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Black Mage Knight posted:

But seriously, holy poo poo.

God dammit. That was literally my reaction too.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Hahahaha god drat it.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
Wow. Amazing colors all around. I don't remember the #000000 skin being alienating before seeing it on Jane here.

The Condesce just thiefed our Life player.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

dumb brunette posted:

Oh my god, grimbark is definitely not what I was expecting from this update. What now?? What else can possibly go wrong? :ohdear:

She can use her regular Scorpio powers to mind control the rest of the trolls, too. :ohdear:

The only ones who are really safe from her brainjacking powers are Meenah, Vriska, Aranea, and the rest of the kids (though she can still do knockouts).

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Luminous Obscurity posted:

She can use her regular Scorpio powers to mind control the rest of the trolls, too. :ohdear:

The only ones who are really safe from her brainjacking powers are Meenah, Vriska, Aranea, and the rest of the kids.

HIC is the real Mary Sue of Homestuck. Vriska and Dirk were just red herrings.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

The one bright spot to come out of this is that Dirk's probably going to get picked up by the meteor crew before they enter the session and then the hilariously awkward Strider family reunion can take place.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

dumb brunette posted:

The one bright spot to come out of this is that Dirk's probably going to get picked up by the meteor crew before they enter the session and then the hilariously awkward Strider family reunion can take place.

Oh thank god. I also wonder if John is stuck on a tiny tiny battleship or what. They kind of need him.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Oh poo poo. Hitting the already somewhat poo poo-covered fan.

What's the betting that Jade left John miniaturised on the ship because she sensed that Jane and Jake were in danger, and she'd be able to go back and unshrink John soon enough? (e: ^^^ I swear that wasn't there when I hit Submit Reply)

Mind you, John is perhaps uniquely positioned to solve a problem like that without using Space powers, since he might be able to turn himself into wind, increase the strength of that wind until he's back to normal size, then reform.

But how long will it take for him to realise that something's up?

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Feb 16, 2013

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Well. I was wondering when we'd get collectively bitch slapped by the next twist.

I... was kinda thinking it would be later...

Wait, how the hell did Condy realize Jade had arrived? She's been there literally a minute, half a session away.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Well. I was wondering when we'd get collectively bitch slapped by the next twist.

I... was kinda thinking it would be later...

Wait, how the hell did Condy realize Jade had arrived? She's been there literally a minute, half a session away.

Her boss is Already Here, and his young self is watching these events unfold in real time. He told her what she needed to do because he had already watched her do it.

Admittedly he's probably not anticipating her turning this on him like she's probably going to, but hey. One thing at a time.

Unless he's seen that, too, and her entire coup attempt is going to be futile. Definitely possible.

EDIT: Oh, poo poo, the meteor is going to hit both Jack and Dirk before HIC uses Jade to put B2 Earth in its path to stop it, isn't it? Dirk will rez, obviously, but it has a pretty clear path right through the session. There's not even a battlefield in the way.

And then Jade's powers will be used again to move the meteor and earth to the Cherub universe!

Mystery solved.

:ohdear:

dumb brunette fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Feb 16, 2013

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Oh boy, update! Time for kids and f-
:stare:
Curse you Sea-Hitler
But seriously how did she know Jade was there? Did working for LE give her some sort of omniscience?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
[insert gif of :stonk: slowly expanding to an infinite size here]

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
Welp, I guess feel good time is over, back to "everything is terrible forever". You know you're hosed when your HOPE player is bawling.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I don't think I can remember a time period when I have been following this comic whereby hope was given in such vast quantities and then subsequently snatched away in such a sudden and complete manner.

Maybe when Dad and Mom were just chilling out and just got killed off.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Fish-Hitler: Still the Best 2013

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
)(IC loves when a plan comes together. :dukedog:

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
I like how the Life symbol echoes the Crockercorp fork once it's seen white on red.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Jake's literal tears make me sad. Don't cry buddy. :smith:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Luminous Obscurity posted:

The only ones who are really safe from her brainjacking powers are Meenah, Vriska, Aranea, and the rest of the kids (though she can still do knockouts).
No guarantee she could mind control ANY troll. Vriska could control someone only if they were impressionable. Mindfang controlled an audience with the same limitations. Vriska tried and failed to control Aradia and needed to pull a reach around to control Terezi. Of course, Condi might have some super duper version because Im still convinced they are her Lord English powers

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Wow, a hundred new posts! Must be a flash or someth... oh no.

No, not like this.

No no no no. drat it, this is the one thing I DIDN'T want to happen.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

And we were so eager for the B1 kids to arrive... No, not like this. :negative:

At least it gave us Grimbark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Putting a grimdarkbark filter over Jade really reinforces how great the Witch of Space duds look. Still the classiest outfit!