Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Sadly, UCI figures are the worst looking figures in monpoc. :(

Yeah I also got a Carnitron whos pretty lovely looking. I think the shittest model I have seen so far is a Fire Kami though. gently caress they look dreadful.

On the plus point the Lords of Cthul look amazing and I cant wait to see what the Planet Eaters look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morham
Jun 4, 2007
So after sitting through Bistro and PV's practice/Demo game, I sat and read through the infinity rulebook and it seems like a really cool game. I'm planning on making an Ariadna list, and was wondering if anyone wants to organise another Vassal game? I'm UK based, and a student so most afternoons/evenings are ok :)

I'd give you an AIM name but the site is being stupid and won't let me register :(

mark.yaml
Nov 9, 2009

lo siento, no hablo anglais
The AIM client and site were being a pain for me as well, did manage to get it working in the end though. Ditched the client for Trillian.

I'm in the UK as well, up for something 2-3ish Sunday afternoon? Will be putting together a PanOceania force.

Morham
Jun 4, 2007

Wiltershaw posted:

The AIM client and site were being a pain for me as well, did manage to get it working in the end though. Ditched the client for Trillian.

I'm in the UK as well, up for something 2-3ish Sunday afternoon? Will be putting together a PanOceania force.

2 - 3 Sunday should be cool man! I'll be about all day so I'll make sure I'm on Vent by 2. What points are we aiming for?

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Im trying to figure out if its really worth me purchasing the rulebook or if I should just wait for wiltershaw's book and print that.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Robot king kong! Fire Truck! Rock guy with a big fist! Hells yea! :dance:

http://monsterpocalypse.com/figure-previews/series-5-figure-sneak-peaks

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

My Planet Eaters arrived today, they look incredible.

I guess I have little to compare, but putting my PLanet Eaters and Lords of Cthul against the handful of the Now monsters I own, the difference is chalk and cheese. The Now look poo poo compared to the older ones in terms of paint jobs. No comparison.

mark.yaml
Nov 9, 2009

Morham posted:

2 - 3 Sunday should be cool man! I'll be about all day so I'll make sure I'm on Vent by 2. What points are we aiming for?

I think 250 should be a good starting point.

Morham
Jun 4, 2007
250 it is then, also an infinity question:

How do camo markered troops contribute to your order pool? Do they at all? It says you can put up to 3 models under a camo marker, how does that affect them contributing to order pools?

EDIT - When you move camo markers the can do 2 short actions per order right? like a normal unit, so they could do a Move-Move.

All these questions stem from the fact that half the units I can have have Camo.

Morham fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 6, 2010

mark.yaml
Nov 9, 2009

I'm pretty sure as long as they're on the field, and are non-impetuous, their order goes into the pool.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

PaintVagrant posted:

Im trying to figure out if its really worth me purchasing the rulebook or if I should just wait for wiltershaw's book and print that.

Well, the rules are free, so what you are really buying is the fluff and artwork. The fluff for the game is pretty amazing, there's something like 150 pages of it. It can be sort of boring sometimes as they describe the Yu Jing judicial system or you may find that really engrossing.

Morham posted:

250 it is then, also an infinity question:

How do camo markered troops contribute to your order pool? Do they at all? It says you can put up to 3 models under a camo marker, how does that affect them contributing to order pools?

EDIT - When you move camo markers the can do 2 short actions per order right? like a normal unit, so they could do a Move-Move.

All these questions stem from the fact that half the units I can have have Camo.

Camo markered troops contribute orders to the order pool like normal AFAIK. Since your units are technically out on the board, even if three are under one marker. And yes, you can move-move as a marker. You can do any short movement skill that doesn't require a roll (except Alert) and you can do a cautious movement without being revealed.

Infinity posted:

Only troops represented by figures or Markers (Such as Camouflage or Impersonation) on the game table add their Order to the Orders Reserve.Troops in Hidden Deployment or that are off table awaiting deployment do not contribute to the Orders Reserve.

barkbell fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 6, 2010

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

KyloWinter posted:

Well, the rules are free, so what you are really buying is the fluff and artwork. The fluff for the game is pretty amazing, there's something like 150 pages of it. It can be sort of boring sometimes as they describe the Yu Jing judicial system or you may find that really engrossing.

Yeah I guess i probably should buy it, maybe Ill just tab all the pages so its easier to find things

Morham
Jun 4, 2007
Thanks guys, just playing a little test game against myself just to get the hang of orders and things also did a couple of print outs so I have my unit stats and some of their special rules in easy reach :) I had a quick look at the Pan Oceania stuff, man they're expensive points wise, I got 10 guys for 250 (could have had more but I didn't want to over do it, and deal with having to split the order pools), I wonder how many Wiltershaw will have...they'll be tough whatever I'm sure! :D and lots of Multi Spectral Visors so my smoke is gonna be useless :(

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Infinity question:

if a weapon says AP + Shock or something like that in its stat line, does that mean it causes both effects, or can be switched between the two?

There are others that say AP/Shock, so I wasnt sure

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

PaintVagrant posted:

Infinity question:

if a weapon says AP + Shock or something like that in its stat line, does that mean it causes both effects, or can be switched between the two?

There are others that say AP/Shock, so I wasnt sure

x+x causes both effects

x/x means you switch ammo types

read the weapon descriptions for different ammo types as sometimes different ammo changes rate of fire

barkbell fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 6, 2010

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

So that Ariadna dude with an autocannon is not to be hosed with, haha

15 damage, 2 shots, halves your armor and causes 3 armor rolls

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Ya, a shoulder mounted tank gun is an ARO machine.

Morham
Jun 4, 2007
I almost took that guy, but decided against it...I think he also comes with Camoflage so not only does he have a huge gun he's going to hit you with it before you can react :D

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Painting by the official Infinity painting guy

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Infinity rules can be d/l'd at their site, correct?

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Yeah, there is a free PDF.

Also the infinity army builder is loving amazing:

http://www.telefonica.net/web2/fusionweb/infinity/index.html

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Played our first couple of games of MonPoc last night- it was a blast. First game culminated in Yaseth picking up Gorghadra and body slamming him into an apartment building for the win. Huge fun.

First game was a tiny one with 1 monster and 5 units a side, and it took us around 2 hours, but the second game we had 9 units a side and we finished it in just under an hour. The think that slowed us down was all the constatn referencing of the special ability icons. Im sure as we get familiar with our forces that wont happen.

I see what you guys meant about the Planet Eaters and their mobility. I suffered against Yaseth once he got in his hyper form as he has flight, and that severely limited my options against him with Gorghadra who is set up as a brawler/power attacker. I did find out the Explodahawks were rathr fun suicide bombers though!

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Serotonin posted:

Played our first couple of games of MonPoc last night- it was a blast. First game culminated in Yaseth picking up Gorghadra and body slamming him into an apartment building for the win. Huge fun.

First game was a tiny one with 1 monster and 5 units a side, and it took us around 2 hours, but the second game we had 9 units a side and we finished it in just under an hour. The think that slowed us down was all the constatn referencing of the special ability icons. Im sure as we get familiar with our forces that wont happen.

I see what you guys meant about the Planet Eaters and their mobility. I suffered against Yaseth once he got in his hyper form as he has flight, and that severely limited my options against him with Gorghadra who is set up as a brawler/power attacker. I did find out the Explodahawks were rathr fun suicide bombers though!

Yeah, the abilities is the hardest thing of the game to learn. Once you get that down though, stuff goes a lot faster.

You should try and get Shadow Explodahawks... there explodahawks that have the cloak ability, so they can't be shot down! :haw:

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Yeah, the abilities is the hardest thing of the game to learn. Once you get that down though, stuff goes a lot faster.

You should try and get Shadow Explodahawks... there explodahawks that have the cloak ability, so they can't be shot down! :haw:!

Ooh that sounds nasty. Ive got 2 explodahawks, I dont think I would want many more than 3 as they are limited in their use by the looks of it.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Oh and monsters can always brawl stuff that flies. The flying penalty for attackers only affects units. ;)

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Oh and monsters can always brawl stuff that flies. The flying penalty for attackers only affects units. ;)

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

That was a major gently caress up then!

mark.yaml
Nov 9, 2009

Finished a great game with Morham, cheers dude! We've both learned loads. Game took longer than it should have (4h) with us fumbling with the rules every 5 minutes, and many phone calls from various parties. Also, thanks Kylo for dropping in and giving us some quick advice, appreciate it.

I thought I'd go for a core of 3 hard units with meat shields, against Morhams more numerous guys. Didn't quite work out as I planned, the heavy guys spent most of the game doing gently caress all. 150 odd points took out only 2-3 units.

Galwegian's are rape machines at close quarters. Two of them at 9 points each did so much damage it's unreal. One cleared a room of 3 of my guys in a single turn before he finally died. Poked his head in the door of a room and rained chain rifle death on everything. Didn't help 2 of the 3 had their backs to him trying to cover 2 camoed guys in the room with them. :v:

Impetuous is great for covering a map fast and getting into position. Morham kept the pressure on me the whole match.

Camo can be very powerful if you don't have enough weapons you can shoot intuitively.

Having a big pile in is lots of fun, violent and hugely brutal. Can't wait for the next game. :haw:

Morham
Jun 4, 2007
Yeah it was a great fight, lots of cool moments.

I was pretty surprised with the outcome, and even more so with how tough the Galwegians were...9pts for a Impetuous, Dogged, CC 18, Beserk, Chaingun Wielding mad man, yes please! :D

One burst through a door and killed a couple of basic troops before succoming to his wounds...another ran round a corner, took a sniper hit and proceeded to charge the sniper ripping his foe apart before falling unconcious! It was pretty awesome.

4 of my guys had camo and infiltrate so started the battle forward of the main lines, two Foxtrot Snipers and 2 Shotgun wielding SAS guys. In my first turn one of the Snipers attempted to place a mine in plain view of the enemy sniper...needless to say he was a turn 1 casualty...a massive error in my part. The rest of the infiltrators locked down a building to the north proceeding to slay everything that walked through the doors, though in the end one of the SAS guys got flamed to death but not without getting revenge on his killer!

Definately up for a rematch with a much revised list, want to try out some new things, and I promise not to just load up on Chain Rifle wielding Galwegians...maybe :D

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

It really does seem like every army benefits from the cheap chain rifle units. Bistro had some trouble caused by my 2 daturazi, and his morlock was fairly effective also.

galwegians are only 6 points :wtc: and have unlimited availability

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Kum seem pretty crazy as well. 11 pts for impetuous, dogged motorcycle troops with chain guns and total availability. Their move is something like 8-8.

Morham
Jun 4, 2007

henne posted:

Kum seem pretty crazy as well. 11 pts for impetuous, dogged motorcycle troops with chain guns and total availability. Their move is something like 8-8.

Probably got a discount because of their unfortunate name! :v:

Me and Wiltershaw decided that things might be different if we used climbing on stuff, and roofs of buildings...would at least give ranged units more of a chance to bring their advantages to bear.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

yeah, I think the vassal terrain doesnt really have enough high stuff, so it tends to shorten the ranges and punish long ranged shooters a bit

And in other news, I still cant pick a fuckin faction :pcgaming:

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Ya, it's tough to climb on poo poo in vassal. Also, you know when someone charges at you, as an ARO you can try to flee away from CC.

Morham
Jun 4, 2007

PaintVagrant posted:

yeah, I think the vassal terrain doesnt really have enough high stuff, so it tends to shorten the ranges and punish long ranged shooters a bit

And in other news, I still cant pick a fuckin faction :pcgaming:

You could roll a dice and have that decide for you, or pick it out of a hat, or play a few more games with different factions and choose the one you like the most...but hands off Ariadna :geno: Although I'd hate to have to paint them, don't think I could do Tartan :(

KyloWinter posted:

Ya, it's tough to climb on poo poo in vassal. Also, you know when someone charges at you, as an ARO you can try to flee away from CC.

And it honestly never crossed my mind, he did take a shot at me though...but looking through the rules it should have been a face to face roll against my CC. So much to learn, so little time.

I think if we can get vassal games over in a decent time (which will come mostly from learning the rules) we could get a little tournament/campaign going...maybe.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
There's a good reference sheet downloadable here

I'd definitely be down for a campaign. I have lots of fan made scenarios to play, however I haven't found any rules for doing a full on campaign.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

A vassal campaign would own

In terms of factions, Ive narrowed it to Combined, Yu Jing, and Haqqislam.

Ill probably end up playing combined, but who knows.

In the meantime, if anyone is up for a game via vassal next week, let me know

Morham
Jun 4, 2007
Well this week is "Reading week"...which since I have nothing to read for my subject equates to week of avoiding all my assignments, so yeah, I'm free pretty much whenever for games. I'll see if I can get AIM working, maybe they'll let me register tonight :haw:

EDIT - Nope can't register for AIM :(

But I did remember I can post my Army list from that Flash Infinity Army builder thingy:

ARMY - ARIADNA
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1 (Reg: 7/Irr: 3):

MINUTEMAN Lieutenant 28
MOV:4-4 CC:15 BS:13 PH:13 WIP:12 ARM:3 BTS:0 W:1
Regular, Not Impetuous, No Cube
Shock Immunity, Jungle Terrain
Rifle and Light Shotgun
Pistol, CCW

VETERAN KAZAKS Doctor 48
MOV:4-4 CC:15 BS:13 PH:13 WIP:13 ARM:4 BTS:0 W:1
Shock Immunity, Veteran (V: No Wound Incapacitation, Sixth Sense L2)
AP Rifle and Light Flamethrower
Pistol, CCW

FOXTROT x2 26 | 0.5
MOV:4-4 CC:13 BS:11 PH:13 WIP:13 ARM:0 BTS:0 W:1
CH: Camouflage, Infiltration
Sniper Rifle and Antipersonnel Mines
Pistol, Knife

S.A.S. x2 27
MOV:4-4 CC:17 BS:11 PH:13 WIP:13 ARM:0 BTS:0 W:1
Martial Arts L2, CH: Camouflage, Infiltration
Boarding Shotgun
Pistol, AP CCW

TANKHUNTER 40 | 1.5
MOV:4-2 CC:14 BS:12 PH:12 WIP:14 ARM:3 BTS:0 W:1
CH: Camouflage
AP HMG, D-Charges
Pistol, Knife

HIGHLANDER x3 6
MOV:4-4 CC:18 BS:10 PH:14 WIP:14 ARM:1 BTS:0 W:1
Irregular, Impetuous, No Cube
Berserk, V: Dogged
Chain Rifle and Smoke Grenades
Pistol, AP CCW

240 Points | SWC: 2.5

Morham fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 8, 2010

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

why cant you register for aim?

Morham
Jun 4, 2007
I fill in the form click submit and either I get a white page with nothing on, or I get an error saying "unused" or something :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Morham posted:

I fill in the form click submit and either I get a white page with nothing on, or I get an error saying "unused" or something :(

thats kinds of strange, try a different browser when you try to register