Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

McLarenF1 posted:

HNasty and I are doing a Skyline Drive run on Saturday, stopping by RnR Cycles too for their free dyno runs. Anyone else want to come?

efb, kinda.

I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.
Heh. I should trailer the track bike out there and get it dynoed. Except this Saturday's already booked. :(

What time are you guys gonna be at R&R?

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

McLarenF1 posted:

HNasty and I are doing a Skyline Drive run on Saturday, stopping by RnR Cycles too for their free dyno runs. Anyone else want to come?

efb, kinda.

What time are you guys going out there on Saturday? I get off work at 7am so I'm just gauging how long I can last.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Just a heads up on those dyno runs, let em know if you want "real" numbers or if you want them to baby your bike a little bit.

Either way you should probably change your oil afterwards.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
We're meeting at the Georgetown / Key Bridge Exxon at 10 A.M. on Saturday. Should be at RnR around 11 A.M.

The_Maz
Mar 27, 2005

Get It By Your Hands

McLarenF1 posted:

efb, kinda.

I'll be up that way with some guys from my company riding club. Bunch of old dudes on cruisers and BMWs by the look of the sign up...and me. Oh wait one other younger guy has a CB205R. But hey, chance to network while doing something I actually enjoy. If you happen to see some jerk on a gladius in a white helmet riding in a pack of old dudes that's me. Flip me the bird or something.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

The_Maz posted:

I'll be up that way with some guys from my company riding club. Bunch of old dudes on cruisers and BMWs by the look of the sign up...and me. Oh wait one other younger guy has a CB205R. But hey, chance to network while doing something I actually enjoy. If you happen to see some jerk on a gladius in a white helmet riding in a pack of old dudes that's me. Flip me the bird or something.
I always wondered if I'd ever meet the other guy who bought a Gladius. (Sold mine in 2010 tho.)

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
Well other than my hurt pride, that was a nice jaunt to RnR. I really wanted to hit the skyline for the last ride of the season but I usually cant make Saturday rides since I work Friday nights into the morning. I thought I could say focused but that turned out shaky. I'll just to call a sick day prior then!

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

RnR was cool. Nothing like watching bikes red line and shoot flames out of their exhaust pipes!

No, you made the wise decision not to come to Skyline. While the ride there was spectacular with great views, Skyline itself sucked. The temperature dropped at least 10-12 degrees on the way up and it started to rain. We went about 5 miles south and promptly turned back. We had to stop twice on the way home to warm up, and after the second stop it was dark and fairly cold; riding home was not fun.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

McLarenF1 posted:

RnR was cool. Nothing like watching bikes red line and shoot flames out of their exhaust pipes!
I was there in spirit, while stuck in Linden at a stupid winery event thing cause I promised I'd go to it months ago. Did discover Freezeland Road and Tucker's Ln out there though. They'll be fun rides in he Spring. Tuckers has gravel at most turns right now, but it'll probably be cleared by the time things warm up.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Psssh, HNasty keeps taking us on 1-2 mile stretches of actual gravel roads these past few trips. I think he secretly wants to trade his Duc in for a DRZ.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
If you missed my post in the pics and vids thread

HNasty posted:

Local shop had dyno day so I took my bike and a few DC goons down there. I was declared champion of air cooled bikes with my staggering 83HP and 64 ft/lb of power. Here is a video of my fine Italian machine on the dyno. This video should only be played on high end european speakers while sipping a fine Chianti to appreciate the fine sound notes emanating from the Termignonis. Allow me to play for you the music of my people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap8g9PxW1bs&hd=1

This is my friend's bike making fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvZL9hL_5-w&hd=1

Ducbro 4 lyfe

This fool and his English junk pile

After my victory at the dyno, went for a lovely fall ride.

Fall in VA is very pretty, lots of cool trees to look at

I am member of the cool tree appreciation society

Cool trees and cool bikes

Cool tree vantage point

Cool sandwich

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Of course you end up on the gravel roads when I'm not there. :argh:

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Koruthaiolos posted:

Of course you end up on the gravel roads when I'm not there. :argh:

This. Although they ended up in the rain, confirming my theory that HNasty is bad luck.

Can we have a SM bros gravel date if there's another nice weekend?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
That is one fine rear end BLT. The Duc's not bad either.
Looks like you guys had a great time.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

ought ten posted:

This. Although they ended up in the rain, confirming my theory that HNasty is bad luck.

Can we have a SM bros gravel date if there's another nice weekend?

I would absolutely be in for this. It just needs to warm up a little bit.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Oh I'm sure we'll be plenty warm trying to haul my bike out of whatever bush/ravine/tree I manage to lodge it in.

Hopefully we get another warm weekend before winter. Low 50s this weekend but no rain, could be doable.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I have to work Saturday morning but should be able to do Sunday. 50s is fine as long as it's not wet.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I wonder if I could get my buddy to let me borrow his KLR...

Edit: Strike that, me and Hot Sauce are doing his valves on Sunday.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

ought ten posted:

Oh I'm sure we'll be plenty warm trying to haul my bike out of whatever bush/ravine/tree I manage to lodge it in.

Hopefully we get another warm weekend before winter. Low 50s this weekend but no rain, could be doable.

I'm pretty pro at crashing into bushes, also my bike is surprisingly good offroad so I'd be in. I used to know a pretty sweet bridge jump in MD somewhere.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

I wonder if I could get my buddy to let me borrow his KLR...

Edit: Strike that, me and Hot Sauce are doing his valves on Sunday.

We can reschedule no problem if it's a good riding day. These warm-ish weekends won't last much longer :)

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

hot sauce posted:

We can reschedule no problem if it's a good riding day. These warm-ish weekends won't last much longer :)
I'll see if I can get the KLR and let you know.

Edit: Nope. The bike's owner is taking it to do his own thing. Looks like we're still doing valves.

Mr. Eric Praline fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Nov 5, 2013

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Sunday's still looking pretty good for gravel road funstravaganza. High 63, clear skies. Koru you still down?

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

After being stuck inside all day yesterday I don't care if it does rain, I'll be there.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

ought ten posted:

Sunday's still looking pretty good for gravel road funstravaganza. High 63, clear skies. Koru you still down?

Where yall goin can a non sumo bro come with?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

HNasty posted:

Where yall goin can a non sumo bro come with?

Yeah, if you think you can keep UP :mootmoot:

edit: I'm sorry, that was mean. Of course you can come. I don't know where he's taking us. Everyone's welcome though. Also, come get your lift.

ought ten fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 7, 2013

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

None of the roads I had in mind are that bad. Nothing worse than something like Oatlands Rd. Do you know where that bridge you mentioned earlier is?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Somewhere out in Maryland near camp David. I can try to find it on google maps if you want

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

So this a mostly "off road" ride then?

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!
Bike: BMW F 700 GS
Years ridden: 4 years
Down for: Anything really. Nice curvy roads, lunch/dinner rides. Causing mayhem and havoc and giving bikers a bad name.

I love riding in this area. I am almost killed a few dozen times everyday by 90 year old ladies that can't see over the steering wheel and diplomats that are used to to driving on the left when I go for a ride.

If you all want to freeze your balls or lady bits off, new years day is always a good day to ride. Great way to kick off another year.

Also, just to throw it out there. Battley Cycles in Gaithersburg, MD would probably be a cool place to meet up for a ride or a gathering. North from there is some nice twistes and they are good people up there. You see all kinds there since they sell Harleys, BMWs, Yamahas and Ducatis.

gently caress this is longer then I ment it to be. One last thing. Are there/can we get grenade or frog patches or stickers?

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Well, looks like time to talk about winter storage for real. Hot sauce, how many bikes you think we can fit in that garage space your landlord's renting?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

M42 posted:

Well, looks like time to talk about winter storage for real. Hot sauce, how many bikes you think we can fit in that garage space your landlord's renting?

It's somewhere between the size of a 1 and 2 car garage if I remember correctly. The thing is, it didn't seem like anyone was seriously interested when I brought it up before so I haven't spoken with him. Also, McLarenF1 recently offered me the extra space in his parents garage and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna take him up on that for December-February. Sorry :(

M42
Nov 12, 2012

That's alright, if praline's got a space in his yard still I can put it there. Just have to fog the cylinders first. I just want to get it away from road salt.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
Yeah, no prob and the wife cleared me to offer the space.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

If anybody else needs some more room I also have covered space behind my house where I could probably squeeze a couple bikes. Also, if the handlebars a narrow enough I would probably have room to put one in my basement. If anyone's interested I'll check with my wife.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Now that I actually have a bike I care about I want to make sure I take care of it. Are there benefits to keeping a bike inside in a climate controlled environment versus my garage? I guess it'd keep the bugs and rodents out right? I've got an empty living room and family room I could store bikes in, just wondering if it's worth the effort of getting a ramp or peice of wood to get them up the two stairs and into the house.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
The real problem with non-climate controlled spaces is condensation as temperature fluctuates. Fog your engine, fill the tank to the brim and stabilize, and drain your carbs if you have them, and it won't make much difference.
Outside uncovered storage is a little different, but a cover and some anti-corrosive spray on things will be plenty.

Regardless, take care of your battery or buy a new one in the spring.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

McLarenF1 posted:

Now that I actually have a bike I care about I want to make sure I take care of it. Are there benefits to keeping a bike inside in a climate controlled environment versus my garage? I guess it'd keep the bugs and rodents out right? I've got an empty living room and family room I could store bikes in, just wondering if it's worth the effort of getting a ramp or peice of wood to get them up the two stairs and into the house.

I've always wanted to ride a motorcycle through the inside of a house. We should do this just 'cuz :dukedog:

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3CsLDhcC-A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Koruthaiolos posted:

If anybody else needs some more room I also have covered space behind my house where I could probably squeeze a couple bikes. Also, if the handlebars a narrow enough I would probably have room to put one in my basement. If anyone's interested I'll check with my wife.

Hmmm... I could actually go for your covered space if possible, just to keep the bike out of direct precipitation. It spent the whole time at the repair shop sitting in the rain for a month, don't really want to repeat that...

• Locked thread