Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

hubris.height posted:

gonna play house on haunted hill tomorrow with 3 other friends how do i have the most fun
by playing a different game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

hubris.height posted:

gonna play house on haunted hill tomorrow with 3 other friends how do i have the most fun
play another, better game?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
is there any way to break the game by its own rules and thereby perhaps enjoy it?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

hubris.height posted:

is there any way to break the game by its own rules and thereby perhaps enjoy it?
not really, because the game is entirely random

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Tekopo posted:

not really, because the game is entirely random

heres a pic of my playing a game by fantasy flight

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Is it fascism yet posted:

play the version that literally spits out cards at you

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

lmao

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

ED: much better

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 23, 2014

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Murr rgghhh ahhrghhh fffff
I remember getting Android and being like WOW THIS poo poo IS GREAT and I kept playing it, and slowly I began to look around me and it was like I had mistaken a million dildos for cold hard cash

and then I sold it

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Friend of mine bought Android and was super excited to play it but we never did, which was a relief because I knew it was total poo poo.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

the solution to not having friends to play wargames with is to have 4 siblings + parents that are all nerds

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

i never play crap that requires making up decks outside of the game in order to play, who the gently caress has the time to do that poo poo except for lazy students/unemployed losers

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I'll probably never play Netrunner because I'm incredibly apathetic to the idea of constructing decks outside of the game.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Tekopo posted:

i never play crap that requires making up decks outside of the game in order to play, who the gently caress has the time to do that poo poo except for lazy students/unemployed losers

i normally wouldnt either, but everyone was all up in arms about it, then the second i looked away long enough to buy it, everyone turned against it.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

i like the star wars lcg's approach to it where you just pick a handful of cards and everything else follows automatically, but the game itself is probably just another ffg lcg turd.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Scyther posted:

i like the star wars lcg's approach to it where you just pick a handful of cards and everything else follows automatically, but the game itself is probably just another ffg lcg turd.
i like card games that have a fixed number of cards in the base game so that the designers can't go 'whoops, didn't think how this card would interact with one printed 5 years ago'

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
building decks is fun and cool

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

stoutfish posted:

building decks is fun and cool
i too like deck-building games like dominion etc

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

deckbuilding is cool, deck construction is some epic fail.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Scyther posted:

deckbuilding is cool, deck construction is some epic fail.

i can't hear you as i calculate an optimal mana curve for each and every minor change to my deck.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

m:tg and netrunner are shameful but not as shameful as hearthstone, the top decking simulator

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
house on the hill def falls in the category of only fun because your playin with friends and all random oh well

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Scyther posted:

i normally wouldnt either, but everyone was all up in arms about it, then the second i looked away long enough to buy it, everyone turned against it.

solution: only read the boardgame thread when the europeans are awake, a.k.a. the boardgaming master race

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

solution: only read the boardgame thread when the europeans are awake, a.k.a. the boardgaming master race
its not a coincidence that germany is the board gaming capital of europe :godwin:

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!
Germany did make Settlers of Catan. can you forgive them for that?

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
every time i buy board games i see another type of board game that i don't have and need in my collection

i want all the board games

if you were going to recommend only one game to buy, without knowing anything else about what i like, what would it be

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.

CNN Sports Ticker posted:

every time i buy board games i see another type of board game that i don't have and need in my collection

if you were going to recommend only one game to buy, without knowing anything else about what i like, what would it be

power grid i guess or dominion

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!

insomne posted:

power grid i guess or dominion

Power grid is p good

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

campaign for north africa

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

space alert

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
I like Power Grid a lot. I bought the robots expansion and the Russia/Japan map but haven't gotten to use them yet.

Luv dat space alert

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Bored games, as far as I'm concerned.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

swamp izzo posted:

thanks for your original post, do not steal

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!

swamp izzo posted:

get off my planet you hapless turd

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
is netrunner fun? (i liked the old netrunner ccg (is new netrunner a board game even?))

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
It's close enough to a board game and it's also really fun. It does get more fun as you get into building decks and stuff tho. I don't get to play any games at all Netrunner enough

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

is netrunner fun? (i liked the old netrunner ccg (is new netrunner a board game even?))

Corp is boring and they took all the fun, stupid poo poo out of the old game when they remade it. Avoid.

Drexith
Dec 30, 2013
Drunken three dragon ante at Ren Fest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i really like it, but i'm just playing pretty casually with my fiancee and neither of us are really into deckbuilding so we use the basic decks

• Locked thread