Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Expect a special spring equinox update soon.

Everyone's favourite time of the year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
These avant-garde updates are fun and all but I feel like they are a bit short and don't move the story along very much.

I know this is a controversial opinion and the FactsAreUseless™ official fan-club is probably going to lynch me but I will not be silenced! I'm sick of people telling me I just "don't get" the underlying subtext or that "it's the words that he's not writing that make it so inspiring". There is a beautiful rainbow of words that everyone is not writing Steve, you don't know everything, jerk.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Abongination posted:

These avant-garde updates are fun and all but I feel like they are a bit short and don't move the story along very much.

I know this is a controversial opinion and the FactsAreUseless™ official fan-club is probably going to lynch me but I will not be silenced! I'm sick of people telling me I just "don't get" the underlying subtext or that "it's the words that he's not writing that make it so inspiring". There is a beautiful rainbow of words that everyone is not writing Steve, you don't know everything, jerk.
This man stole the "angry at Steve" meme, which I invented.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

FactsAreUseless posted:

This man stole the "angry at Steve" meme, which I invented.

I'll see you in meme court.

BlueDude
Aug 7, 2014
Can we create our own fan updates?

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug

BlueDude posted:

Can we create our own fan updates?

I think you just did. I thought it was pretty good, at least.

Although, to be honest, nothing can beat FactsAreUseless updates, let's be real. This is only the BEST LP.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

New update posted to the secret offsite! Ask GorfZaplen for details and the secret password.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

FactsAreUseless posted:

New update posted to the secret offsite! Ask GorfZaplen for details and the secret password.

Can I ask in this thread or must I sent a PM to a secret address?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

You have to ask me in PMs, although they don't have to be PMs on this site. Try asking me on the other, unpassworded offsite.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hahaha clever Lost reference in that last update. ;)

read the first letter of every paragraph up to the fourth picture

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NeuroticLich posted:

Hahaha clever Lost reference in that last update. ;)

read the first letter of every paragraph up to the fourth picture
Thanks, I'm glad somebody caught it.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
This world of ours is so violent and full of conflict and death, sometimes its nice to reflect on the eternal and appreciate that which will live on forever. This thread will never die, I know this, you know this, everyone loving knows this is the point that I am getting at.

When you are old and decrepit, lying in a pool of your own blood and feces and preparing to spit one last defiant mouthful of blood towards the heavens think on this thread, think of the heady highs and ground shattering lows it has brought forth into this world. Think of the heroes, the villains, the heartbreak and the sheer stupidity that led to the creation of such a marvel, that such a thing could be crafted and refined by human hands.

This thread will never die and it mocks your mortality.

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!

Abongination posted:

This world of ours is so violent and full of conflict and death, sometimes its nice to reflect on the eternal and appreciate that which will live on forever. This thread will never die, I know this, you know this, everyone loving knows this is the point that I am getting at.

When you are old and decrepit, lying in a pool of your own blood and feces and preparing to spit one last defiant mouthful of blood towards the heavens think on this thread, think of the heady highs and ground shattering lows it has brought forth into this world. Think of the heroes, the villains, the heartbreak and the sheer stupidity that led to the creation of such a marvel, that such a thing could be crafted and refined by human hands.

This thread will never die and it mocks your mortality.

I agree.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Lookin' forward to that update.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Never give up hope.

BlueDude
Aug 7, 2014
What if, eventually, all of our posts just consolidate into an update after a certain point?

:psyduck:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
it's called a "convergence event"

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

BlueDude posted:

What if, eventually, all of our posts just consolidate into an update after a certain point?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

BlueDude posted:

It's happening right now!

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Follow this LP? You fools, we ARE the LP!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My goal is to have obsessive Tumblrs that just post about this LP and freak out when the paywall goes up.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

You folks remind me of something. The case of the woman who slept next to her dead husband's decomposing body for a year.

There comes a time when you have to face reality and bury the dead, you know.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Okay, let me make all my loyal fans a promise: If this thread survives until August 12, one year from the last update, I will do a special Lavender Town ghost update of the LP.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
I'm too scared to post now

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Oh no, I've been spooked.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug

FactsAreUseless posted:

Okay, let me make all my loyal fans a promise: If this thread survives until August 12, one year from the last update, I will do a special Lavender Town ghost update of the LP.

I don't know why this is an "if", this thread isn't dead at all, and never will be.

Still, that is a spooky surprise that I will wait patiently for. :allears:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'll hold you to your word, FactsAreUseless.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Gonna keep posting in this thread, but I hope the Lavender Town update is actually a troll.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ghosts arent real btw so neither is this thread

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

Gonna keep posting in this thread, but I hope the Lavender Town update is actually a troll.
It's not. This will happen.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Prepare your body.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I mean, don't rush or anything. You have more than four months.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's not. This will happen.

Where's your :toxx: then, Buster? :colbert:

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
Why would you do a ghost update when the LP's not dead?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Valex posted:

Why would you do a ghost update when the LP's not dead?
The update is about ghosts, it is not a ghost. Lavender Town contains several ghosts, which this information-style Let's Play will examine in detail.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Thread is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu Lavender Town wgah'nagl fhtagn

BlueDude
Aug 7, 2014

InterrupterJones posted:

Follow this LP? You fools, we ARE the LP!

Son of a bitch... we've been let's played for FOOLS!

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug
I liked your unique take on the April Fools Update, FactsAreUsless, in where you did not post an update. I think it really speaks to your innovative LP style that we have all come to love and respect.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Posting an update now would simply devalue the previous posts, I don't know about you but I want my shares to be worth something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Glaive17 posted:

I liked your unique take on the April Fools Update, FactsAreUsless, in where you did not post an update. I think it really speaks to your innovative LP style that we have all come to love and respect.
Behind the scenes LP fact: I thought about printing out a Weed Goku and some other pictures from various updates and doing a little puppet show, but I don't have a printer and I hate April Fool's. I might hold on to the idea.

• Locked thread