Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pththya-lyi posted:

e: this came up just as I finished screen-capping the first one

Ugh I hate this straw man character that I, the target audience am supposed to hate, so much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Sir Tonk posted:

That part about the dead soldier :stare:
Yeah, I've seen people lost for words before but never lost for words so hard they start loving oscillating. :stare:

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Happy New Lang

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Usually the right wingers aren't so blatant about pining for Pinochet-style justice.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

zakharov posted:

Usually the right wingers aren't so blatant about pining for Pinochet-style justice.

This is Bob Lang we're talking about. The man with the insectoid lapels and who compared Obamacare to ushering jews into gas chambers.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

"Death flights are a good thing" - a real human being in 2014

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

alnilam posted:

Th only thing that can stop a bad terrorist with a bomb is a good terrorist with a bomb.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
Also, there's been some pretty good racism in these threads. Good job, america! But you want the good stuff? You go to Europe, or more specifically that bastion of free speech called Denmark.

So here's Niels Thomsen, professional cartoonist in demand by racist assholes all across Sweden, Denmark and Norway. These were published in Dispatch International. A "newspaper" that now is only an extremely racist website, but was actually once a printed newspaper that people got in their mail. They had to scrap the printed edition, since happily very few people were willing to pay for a modern variant of Der Stürmer.

I posted some of his work some time back, so a few might be repeats. But what better way to start celebrating a new year?

Once again, this was considered publishable in Scandinavia. On behalf of sane Swedes, I apologize.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yep, it sure is terrible that Sweden's government wants to help needy children.

edit: "huge costs"? How many Somali orphans could there be there?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 2, 2015

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

1. What is the guy doing with a rock up his rear end?
2. So bring back the inquisition?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Gravel Gravy posted:

1. What is the guy doing with a rock up his rear end?

He's playing Drop Ball, the extremely addictive, high-intensity game designed for people everywhere.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

alnilam posted:

I wanted to correct you and say 2015 but the truth is this dude isn't living anywhere near the present year

literally every one of these is "A thing happened also I'm racist"

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 2, 2015

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Calico Heart posted:

Does anyone wanna put :10bux: on Ramirez somehow outdoing his pestiferous BROWN cartoon of last year before 2015 is up? :unsmigghh:

No one is going to bet against that.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xander77 posted:

Anatoly works as a first name. Only. "Anatolievich" or "Anatoliev", otherwise.
THIS is the part I've been missing.

The NYPD are also doing a "virtual work stoppage" in which they're not actually doing the normal day to day police work a beat cop would do save for serious offenses. Overall arrests are down 66% compared to this time last year for a comparisson.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Have there been any serious incidents that ostensibly could have been prevented by the police actually doing their jobs? What I've heard about the NYPD of late makes it seem like they could make this work stoppage permanent and it'd be a net good for everyone, but that's probably hyperbole.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

Have there been any serious incidents that ostensibly could have been prevented by the police actually doing their jobs? What I've heard about the NYPD of late makes it seem like they could make this work stoppage permanent and it'd be a net good for everyone, but that's probably hyperbole.

Well as it is aimed at city government, not fulfilling duties that directly translate in to city revenue is actually a pretty good protest move.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

zoux posted:

Well as it is aimed at city government, not fulfilling duties that directly translate in to city revenue is actually a pretty good protest move.

Isn't... that how they make money for the Police department?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Look if they were smart people then they wouldn't be cops.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

zoux posted:

Look if they were smart people then they wouldn't be cops.

Not even being mean to cops, they really do turn down people who do too well on the tests.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Shugojin posted:

Not even being mean to cops, they really do turn down people who do too well on the tests.
I've heard that before, but is it a widespread thing?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Political cartoons by Norwegian cartoonist Finn Graff:

:gonk:http://i.imgur.com/LNNSSPG.png:gonk:

(This one is about a law saying that Norwegian kindergartens should be based on Christian values).

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Shugojin posted:

As much as people like to throw this around, the reason this became a thing was because somebody was rejected after they scored well above average and the PD don't want to have to train someone just for them to get bored and move on to something better paying.

"ABC News posted:

“This kind of puts an official face on discrimination in America against people of a certain class,” Jordan said today from his Waterford home. “I maintain you have no more control over your basic intelligence than your eye color or your gender or anything else.”

Truly the smart people are the oppressed class of America.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Garrand posted:

As much as people like to throw this around, the reason this became a thing was because somebody was rejected after they scored well above average and the PD don't want to have to train someone just for them to get bored and move on to something better paying.
Perfectly reasonable?

quote:

Sick burn bro.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

They don't want people that score too high because it's an ethics test.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Alhazred posted:

(This one is about a law saying that Norwegian kindergartens should be based on Christian values).

This is brilliant.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Maybe they get bored, maybe they become chief of police. It's still dumb.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah I know it's just the same "oh you probably are doing this as a holdover until you find something better" that is why anybody gets turned down for being overqualified. Still kind of a funny story, though.

e: Also it shows that whoever was doing the hiring thinks the job is unappealing or has bad compensation and that someone would think it's a poor opportunity.

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 2, 2015

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Garrand posted:

As a MENSA member I will organize a march for next week. As soon as my membership quiz gets sent out and I receive my membership card and Subway discount coupon in the mail.

And it is a pretty reasonable method, but that can have an effect on the final candidates. And a lot of departments are already scraping the bottom of the barrel as it is as most worth their salt will probably get picked up by something else during the year or so long application process.

It's basically jury duty, if you can find no reason to get out of it...

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

"Take that, person that was kidnapped and tortured without ever committing any sort of crime ever!"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Look how filthy and unkempt he is, how like a degenerate not to groom himself during his thirteen year incarceration in a lawless prison for legal unperson ghosts.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't think police officer is the same kind of holdover temp career as say teacher is.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

[quote="hexigrammus" post="post439674004"]
Wait - what? I was trying to google the details, but the search results are swamped by the fraudulent voter allegations. We have two guys (both Republican) campaigning for the Republican nomination, and someone in one camp thought that pictures of the opponent's dying wife would be useful in discrediting the opponent?

Seriously? Is this what happened?
[/quote]

Yes.

fade5 posted:

Do it, I'd love to see more local southern cartoons, especially from the worst state a place as southern as Mississippi. (Mississippi isn't going to be last to get Gay Marriage, so it's no longer the Worst State.:v:)

Don't lie.

So, while we're on the subject of the 2014 primary, let's have some more 'toons!

(1)

If at first you don't succeed...

(2)

Yes, McDaniel actually said something like that.

(3)

The night after the first primary, a group of Tea Party staffers entered the locked courthouse where the votes were being counted to "assist in counting the votes." I swear I'm not making this up.

(4)

A popular music number from a popular movie happened! Also, McDaniel never gave up.

(5)

Mississippi law states that someone who votes in one party's primaries cannot vote in the others on the same day. McDaniel missed the "one the same day" part of the law. Also, the "Binder o' Fraud" was a real thing.

(6)

... I got nothing.

(7)

The ONLY reason McDaniel's court challenge stopped was because a judge ruled that McDaniel's team had waited too late to file the challenge. (Also, Ramsay thinks he's Rorus Raz)

(8)

Reality is truly stranger than fiction.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Rorus Raz posted:

Holy poo poo, this popped up on Town Hall for yesterday.

A few pages back, but I looked on Cagle, Gorrel isn't on there anymore. I looked on Gorrell's site, and there's no cartoon between December 30 and January 2. So as far as I can tell, for once that's not Gorrell's fault.

I was going to save that cartoon for the 2015 Gay Abortions, but it doesn't belong, oh no. :(

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Technowolf posted:

(1)
(5)
(7)

Why does this guy have an adorable possum?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Happy 2015 thread. Will this be the year where the glorious Rallvolution finally comes to fruition? Stay tuned :twisted:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Alhazred posted:

Political cartoons by Norwegian cartoonist Finn Graff:

reeeally diggin' this one. Pretty drat good imagery.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

I like this just for all the little jokes in the background. "Penn Jilette DVD's."

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Technowolf posted:

Reality is truly stranger than fiction.

That possum rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lolling at "stop Obama" and the fact that Branco thinks his ideas are different from the GOP establishment's in any way. "Why are you just trying to maintain the status quo when you COULD be 'stopping' this politician from changing the status quo???"

e: of his five "good ideas", two of them are "maintain status quo" in buzzwordier diction, one is a return to an EARLIER status quo, one is a joke, and one would basically destroy the country

• Locked thread