Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

plain blue jacket posted:

had my first and last cinnabon yesterday. I've been diagnosed with diabetes consequently

Back when I was bored and a stupid high-schooler with buck-a-gallon gas, I would drive to the mall just to get a Cinnabon and a whole milk. God bless that metabolism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

What's even more horrifying is that the languages on the label indicate that there is someone in the Nordic countries doing this. :sweden:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Sorry for the meme pic, but people in my Facebook are sharing this and acting as is the most delicious looking thing in the world. I swear it looks as something I would eat while severely drunk.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Desperado Bones posted:

Sorry for the meme pic, but people in my Facebook are sharing this and acting as is the most delicious looking thing in the world. I swear it looks as something I would eat while severely drunk.

At least the cream and the bun thing are probably not very sweet. Otherwise it would hurt my teeth just to look at it.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Desperado Bones posted:

Would. Once.

The Blue Pyramid
Mar 1, 2009

:poland: :poland: :poland:
Kiepski to nie
kaktus;
Pić musi!

:poland: :poland: :poland:
During last year's Christmas my brother brought a brick of Velveeta that he got through couponing. He tried to make a queso dip by melting it with some canned salsa added. It was almost "passable" as a queso substitute if not for the fact that it congealed and solidified every 20 seconds.

I wish I had pictures. It was a very sad "dip"

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
My girlfriend was looking for cheap and easy food to make a while back and stumbled upon a recipe for some pretty generic chicken and rice dish. Basically you cook rice in chicken broth and add diced tomatoes, chicken breast, green onions, avacado, cheese and sour cream. It's definitely delicious and we've had it two or three times since, but goddamn does it look like grey slop in a bowl with green specks. We refer to it only as "carb sludge".

There is no way I am sullying my phone with a picture.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Desperado Bones posted:

Frieza's evil knows no bounds.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Samfucius posted:

My girlfriend was looking for cheap and easy food to make a while back and stumbled upon a recipe for some pretty generic chicken and rice dish. Basically you cook rice in chicken broth and add diced tomatoes, chicken breast, green onions, avacado, cheese and sour cream. It's definitely delicious and we've had it two or three times since, but goddamn does it look like grey slop in a bowl with green specks. We refer to it only as "carb sludge".

Wait, you cook the rice with the avocados? :psyduck: YOU SINNERS.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Desperado Bones posted:

I think its added afterwards.

But yeah I've made halfassed burrito bowls with rice and meat and assorted veggies...adding cheese/sour cream is what turns it into unrecognizable slop. Tastes great though! Add a bit of cumin/chili powder and some sriracha sauce and it's some seriously tasty Shame Food.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Desperado Bones posted:

Hahaha no, oh my god, I can only imagine horrible brown slime now. The rice is cooked with the broth, that's it. Everything else is added after.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

The Blue Pyramid posted:

During last year's Christmas my brother brought a brick of Velveeta that he got through couponing. He tried to make a queso dip by melting it with some canned salsa added. It was almost "passable" as a queso substitute if not for the fact that it congealed and solidified every 20 seconds.

I wish I had pictures. It was a very sad "dip"

This is the world famous Rotel queso dip!

It's a staple of small town american pot lucks. I have a soft spot in my heart for it, but it's pretty foul.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

El Estrago Bonito posted:

This is the world famous Rotel queso dip!

It's a staple of small town american pot lucks. I have a soft spot in my heart for it, but it's pretty foul.

I think it's missing the "spicy" sausage to really be the classic bowel destroyer that is "rotel dip"

Samfucius posted:

Sear the gently caress out of a couple chicken thighs so that they get all crisp/brown/delicious, and I can totally see this looking fantastic if you just heap the toppings on top of the rice instead of in it.

The worst looking thing I've ever seen so far has to be an eel-avocado roll from a cheap place near me. It congealed to the plate they brought it out on :gonk:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Samfucius posted:

Hahaha no, oh my god, I can only imagine horrible brown slime now. The rice is cooked with the broth, that's it. Everything else is added after.

Alright, that's better.

You should add some color to that rice. Make it Mexican style. You just have to mix the chicken broth with tomate sauce (not ketchup). Or add the chicken broth and some fresh tomatoes in a blender, make a sauce, cook the rice with that sauce.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Desperado Bones posted:

:aaaaa:

It's a Kitkat Monaka

I need this in my mouth

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Gamma Nerd posted:

:aaaaa:

It's a Kitkat Monaka

I need this in my mouth
It looks more like a hotcake or a bastardized English muffin than a monaka--not wafery enough.

fake edit: It's bread, and that's gross.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Minarchist posted:

I think its added afterwards.

But yeah I've made halfassed burrito bowls with rice and meat and assorted veggies...adding cheese/sour cream is what turns it into unrecognizable slop. Tastes great though! Add a bit of cumin/chili powder and some sriracha sauce and it's some seriously tasty Shame Food.

Sour Cream is great for taking some of the intense salty flavor out of canned foods. A tablespoon can turn spagettios from heartburn in a bowl into a half decent meal.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I had something called Valentine chicken at a Chinese buffet today, I've never seen it so I scooped up some. You know that sort of chalky, super sweet flavor of the little Valentine candies? Yeah, imagine that as a sauce for chicken. It was incredibly foul. Just sickly sweet, syrupy gross.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Don't suppose that's what they actually made it out of, do you?

Gotta get rid of that seasonal overstock somehow...

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Desperado Bones posted:

All mexican opinions on candies are loving null and void.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

It's my birthday so I thought I'd revisit something I made a couple of times as a student:

Doner meat between 2 potato scallops. In this case a mix of "lamb" and "chicken" doner meat.

Didn't pay attention to the camera settings but that isn't really a problem for this thread.

e: That wasn't how you spelt "doner"

freelop has a new favorite as of 22:16 on Mar 23, 2015

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

freelop posted:

It's my birthday so I thought I'd revisit something I made a couple of times as a student:

Donner meat between 2 potato scallops. In this case a mix of "lamb" and "chicken" donner meat.

Didn't pay attention to the camera settings but that isn't really a problem for this thread.

The only problem I see is the ratio. Still would.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I see much comedic potential in the spelling of "Donner meat".

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

freelop posted:

donner meat

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

add some greek yogurt to that thing and it goes from drunk plate to gourmet, but ill admit it looks great as is

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Not what I was going for, but that works too

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

freelop posted:

Yeah, I puked a couple of times in college too.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

freelop posted:

Doner meat between 2 potato scallops. In this case a mix of "lamb" and "chicken" doner meat.

We call it "Donair" here in Eastern Ontario

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

freelop posted:

Do you pronounce it like boner?

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Picnic Princess posted:

Do you pronounce it like boner?

Like (Ma)donna

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

beato posted:

Like (Ma)donna

And lemme guess, "taco" is "tay-co"

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Data Graham posted:

tak-oh

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

beato posted:

Like (Ma)donna

^^^

Tah-co

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Since it's clear that this thread is not an Amerigoon party, let me explain why I found "Donner meat" to be funny:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donner_Party

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
No party like a donner party

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
That potato scallop reminds me a lot of fry bread, usually considered an aboriginal Canadian/american thing but it really is basically an adapted, fried scone since that's what bannock was likely adapted from. Super delicious when fresh and hot but if it gets any less than piping hot it's just a brick of grease. One place in my town makes bannock burgers with this weird red sauce and burger patties that are not unlike dog food in texture but the whole concoction is still good until you have a heart attack midway through.

E: interesting, I just read (on Wikipedia, so take it with a grain of salt) that it was invented in the States after the government provided aboriginal people with sugar, salt, lard and flour but it's pretty commonly accepted here that it was used widely by Metis/Aboriginal/European fur traders since the ingredients were easy to pack together, it stayed good for a decent amount of time and was really calorie dense. Again, since the recipes are really similar to scones, anything I've ever been taught is that the recipe was essentially introduced by Scottish settlers.

54 40 or fuck has a new favorite as of 02:32 on Mar 26, 2015

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

Data Graham posted:

Yes, tay-kohs and byu-rye-tohs when ever we head out to Chai-poh-tal.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Just ate a cheddar-stuffed burger at a local joint in Amarillo -- it was topped with BBQ brisket, jalapeno bacon and a fried egg. It's named the "Morning After Burger," which sounds way too much like the morning after pill. I would have taken pics for this thread, but I was with family. The fried egg was undercooked and even the whites were partly runny. It was almost impossible to eat like a normal burger because it was so overloaded and messy. It was delicious. This post probably does not belong in this thread. I'll go back, get another one and take pictures.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What, no rich creamery butter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Lincoln posted:

Just ate a cheddar-stuffed burger at a local joint in Amarillo -- it was topped with BBQ brisket, jalapeno bacon and a fried egg. It's named the "Morning After Burger," which sounds way too much like the morning after pill. I would have taken pics for this thread, but I was with family. The fried egg was undercooked and even the whites were partly runny. It was almost impossible to eat like a normal burger because it was so overloaded and messy. It was delicious. This post probably does not belong in this thread. I'll go back, get another one and take pictures.

How whimsical.

• Locked thread