Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'll do up a post tomorrow afternoon, but while I'm planning that I just want to check what the Doom Pool is at right now? It's only like d6, right?

Also, RIP Civil War Gambit. At least we still have '90s Gambit to fill the scruffy Cajun scumbag-shaped hole in our hearts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

A lone d6 for now, yes. We'll be entering Act 2 soon and so it will be resetting once that happens.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
A perfect time to fix my flight capabilities, then! Come on not rolling literally all opportunities!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
What do you mean by a vehicle asset, D_I? The scene ended, don't assets go away? (I looked in vain for a way to keep my amazing D12 soldier asset but couldn't find one.)

Also if you think Mystique won't go after Rogue, you're kidding yourself.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Normally it does, but I'm changing the rules. It may not be immediately applicable but you'll get to use that thing later.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hmm... so your objective exhibits different properties from the known multiverse. Wonder what THAT could mean...

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I have a guess what Zone 6 is, but I don't know whether I should say.

Also, the post cuts off abruptly, so I'm not sure if there's anything additional missing, though it seems to be almost the end at least.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It did cut off. That was weird.

I'd like to hear what your guess is. I won't confirm or deny anything and it won't change my plans because I've already decided what all the mystery zones are anyway.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Offhand I'd have guessed an answer that rhymes with "Infinity Gauntlet" or "Amalgam Crossoververse where Emma can say some really snippy things about the Martian Manhunter's choice of weird pantsless overalls" but honestly those are more pure fun related guesses than anything based off of proper mystery-solving deduction. I mean, there's some really freaky poo poo in the Marvel observed multiverse. All of the Mojoverse is out there and I'm assuming these dudes know Mojo. There's Badoon space-hell, tiny-verse, skrull space-hell, Asgard space-hell, and so many negative zone dimensions that I'm pretty sure they fold in on each other at multiple points only to be conquered or destroyed by Annihilus.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Defiance Industries posted:

It did cut off. That was weird.

I'd like to hear what your guess is. I won't confirm or deny anything and it won't change my plans because I've already decided what all the mystery zones are anyway.

Nontraditional Marvel Multiverse with technology and supernatural powers? The Force is strong with this zone.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Nontraditional you say?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Officially denying that.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Officially denying that.

I thank you forever.

Paging The Shocker to the IC thread! The Green Goblin is talking atcha.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Guess not, sempai... :eng99:

Might as well pray for bigger, better things then.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
If anyone has Physical Stress healing capabilities, I'd definitely appreciate them, and I imagine Danger-Pumpkin would too, when they get back. Though, having said he doesn't want to go, I am sure Herman will definitely not get dragged along on the mission somehow.

I am way too proud of 'Shamrock Spider'.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Real sorry about my absence. My life got crazy complicated, and I've spent most of my time de-stressing. I'll be back.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Okay, we'll keep on trucking till you get back. In the mean time, I'll have time to make an update tomorrow, probably in the morning.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Real sorry about my absence. My life got crazy complicated, and I've spent most of my time de-stressing. I'll be back.

Hey, taking care of yourself comes first, even if I miss Literally Nic Cage being in the party. Hope things are/start going better!

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Can...can we go to this universe?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Dang all I have is this video clip of an amusing bike-related statement. Compared to Professor X-Rider that's hardly anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mYUWy_hvxk

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I know I shoulda given Wanda large-scale threat die. Then you'd have to flee instead of running face-first into Apocalypse's army again.

But hey, gives Wanda a chance for revenge.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Peter was all for going to medieval funtime world. It would have been kitsch. The rest of his team is apparently bloodthirsty miscreants.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Hey, don't lump Shocker in with the 'slam our faces into Apocalypse's army again' crew. He's all for fleeing!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

quote:

"You are all here of your own free will, and if this is what you think is best, I will wish you good luck," Xavier conceded. "I can offer you conventional transportation, should you require it."

Aka the GM thinks we're all loving insane and is just going along with it despite knowing we will get nowhere. :ghost:

Also I'll be on vacation for two weeks starting on Saturday. I'll have access to a computer, but paying attention to pbp will be the last of my priorities, obviously.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I mean, you're trying to skip to the last dungeon and you're still like level 5 and you're gonna do it by... going through the front door.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

If anyone asks, Johnny spent last night in a ditch.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

If anyone asks, Johnny spent last night in a ditch.

What if we find you at the bottom of the hole Wanda made in the front lawn?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
DI, did you want one of us to move things along? I have an idea for a scene between myself and Shocker, but that would stop us from going right to Apocalypseville - and also I'll be disappearing soon, so it might not be a good idea to wait on me.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Arivia posted:

DI, did you want one of us to move things along? I have an idea for a scene between myself and Shocker, but that would stop us from going right to Apocalypseville - and also I'll be disappearing soon, so it might not be a good idea to wait on me.

I'm onboard with more Mystique/Shocker fun, and have a couple busy weeks ahead of me so waiting doesn't bother me, but I wouldn't want to be holding up the game for other folks if we want to get right on driving down Apocalypse's throat.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

In that case I think moving out might be good, yeah. Don't want to stall for too long. Lay out your basic plan and we'll see what help the X-Men can give you

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

What if we find you at the bottom of the hole Wanda made in the front lawn?

Works for me!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Sidebar: you're welcome to spend as much time on this as you want but you still don't get to use the teleporter to go to Apocalypse's territory. You can use it to go somewhere else, if you have another idea, but trying to go there will kill anyone who isn't at least as hard to kill as Wolverine.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Sidebar: you're welcome to spend as much time on this as you want but you still don't get to use the teleporter to go to Apocalypse's territory. You can use it to go somewhere else, if you have another idea, but trying to go there will kill anyone who isn't at least as hard to kill as Wolverine.

Trust me I don't want to teleport to Apocalypse land but I had to techno-babble when given the opportunity.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

In that case I hope you appreciated the reference to B&B

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

In that case I hope you appreciated the reference to B&B

Haha, quite so.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I go on vacation and you kids blow up Wolverine wow.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Jeez mom, he's FINE now.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I was just looking for a reason for Herman to futz around with the teleporter and, perhaps intentionally, sabotage it such that when we try to go to Apocalypse's world, we wind up in King James's England anyway. An excuse for Goblin and Shocker to bond over being huge nerds was also too hard to turn down, because I just knew vibrational pseudo-science would get that going.

edit: I'm honestly surprised it took us this long to try and make the teleporter into a death cannon.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 10, 2015

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I feel like things have gotten very circular and I've gotten a little frustrated, so I took a couple days. This is probably my fault because I should have made Wanda clobber the dogfuck out of everyone like I planned and just dump you in the desert but I pulled too many punches. I thought about the best way to approach this in a way that will keep the game going and get to something more interesting than "why don't you turn this into a superweapon?". So!

Why don't we all just suggest a destination and take a vote, and we'll start Act 2 there? You can go to literally any place except for the two that I specified, but the teleporter is specifically for going to somewhere, and not for other functions.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'm still on board to head to King James' England, in part because I really want to know what the mystery zone is.

• Locked thread