Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Soral posted:

anthony is my favourite nintendo supporting character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The scene where he fucks up Ridley is badass.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

just remembered that in Other M after you beat every boss it's still alive and somebody else from your team wanders in to kill it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Anthony is 3 feet taller than Samus.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

just remembered that in Other M after you beat every boss it's still alive and somebody else from your team wanders in to kill it

The final confrontation is looking at MB and then watching the galactic federation kill her

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

The final confrontation is looking at MB and then watching the galactic federation kill her

lmao

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Anthony has a cameo in AM2R

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
these posts make me want to actually play other m but its probably better to watch it on you tube

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Milkman posted:

these posts make me want to actually play other m but its probably better to watch it on you tube

I'm not authorizing that.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Milkman posted:

most of the game is just running forward and mashing the autoaim shoot button

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i hate that other m has a lovely story because it makes everyone overlook that the gameplay is also poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

i hate that other m has a lovely story because it makes everyone overlook that the gameplay is also poo poo

i think the only redeeming thing about other M is seeing the speedboost in 3d, and it honestly looks cool as hell

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

i think the only redeeming thing about other M is seeing the speedboost in 3d, and it honestly looks cool as hell

it looks really good for a wii game

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

elf help book posted:

most of the game is just running forward and mashing the autoaim shoot button

The rest is shooting and mashing the dpad to automatically dodge

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
This game is good and all but when is Another Other M Remake

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

Other M is Sakamoto's true vision for the series

I'm glad Sakamoto is fulfilling Nintendo's true vision for him, as janitor

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Yeah lol. The optimal way to play the game is to inch forward pixel by pixel jamming up on the dpad because this makes invincible to all attacks and refills your health

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

even the speedbooster is lame because it seems like she's moving at her normal running speed but now with wind

shinesparking into nightmare is cool however.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

it looks really good for a wii game

it does, the animations are all sick as well. too bad it was so horrible lol

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm not authorizing that.

lol

I played The Fall this weekend and the mechanic of an AI having to subvert dumb rules to activate its systems felt like a response to Other M's nonsense

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

reading the dev stories where team ninja were all honest to god metroid fans and wanted to make a cool game but sakamoto kept insisting on horrible design choices ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will say that Cinema Mode is a really cool idea and it would be neat if a better game had that in it.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

In Training posted:

I will say that Cinema Mode is a really cool idea and it would be neat if a better game had that in it.

that game is Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

if youre curious you should just play it cuz its short and easy and every video of it will have idiots talking over it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Party Boat posted:

that game is Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Oh really? I've only played MGS3HD. Does it have gameplay footage linking the cutscenes? That's specifically what I meant about Cinematic Mode

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

if youre curious you should just play it cuz its short and easy and every video of it will have idiots talking over it

i wouldnt recommend someone eat a steamy dog turd out of curiosity tbh.

its not even funny bad its frustrating and boring bad

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

guy with samus avatar crying really hard about other m

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

In Training posted:

Oh really? I've only played MGS3HD. Does it have gameplay footage linking the cutscenes? That's specifically what I meant about Cinematic Mode

no it's just the cutscenes

apparently it's also only in the PAL version wtf

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

guy with samus avatar crying really hard about other m

just saying ppl shouldn't volunteer for a big slow AIDS injection.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

anyway, i beat this game last night. final boss was very underwhelming lol but im really happy this was completed after so many years in hiatus. im gonna do it again on hard mode now that i know where most of the upgrades are, but some of the sections where you marathon a bunch of metroids w/ no saves are gonna be brutal

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Party Boat posted:

no it's just the cutscenes

apparently it's also only in the PAL version wtf

It's in the NA version. Secret Theater isn't, though. Not sure if that's what you were thinking of.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

it was thanks genocyber

I am not doing well against omega metroids :(

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

wait if you get halved missile upgrades how do you even restore missiles for the early metroid fights lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

wait if you get halved missile upgrades how do you even restore missiles for the early metroid fights lol

save points

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

save points

i guess ill just run the game on normal and pretend everything deals double damage

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

it's not that bad, up to the zetas I've been able to fight all of the metroids in each area without going back for refills but you definitely want to save after every zeta on hard anyway because they're ridiculous

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

it's not that bad, up to the zetas I've been able to fight all of the metroids in each area without going back for refills but you definitely want to save after every zeta on hard anyway because they're ridiculous

yeah the omegas you can cheese by hiding in the morphball holes and not take any dmg but the zetas are loving hard

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

elf help book posted:

No you shouldn't. It Is Real Bad.

Play Metroid Prime Trilogy instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I can kind of appreciate the Toho dudes-in-rubber-suits enemy designs that other m had at least

• Locked thread