Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twiggymouse
Mar 4, 2013

Well, take this with a grain of salt, but

ScreamingLlama posted:

I'm catching up on this LP bit by bit. I'm watching Mr. Puffles die repeatedly to a frost troll and my reaction is WHY ARE THOSE ARROWS NOT POISONED :gonk: Seriously, you picked the worst possible way to kill the drat thing. I'm playing a dark elf mage right now and she just roasts those sumbitches with fire magic while sculling magicka potions.

Would you rather the game be played competently or by UZworm? The two seem to be mutually exclusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

What's the distinction here? They seem very similar.

Beats me. The briefcase in Pulp Fiction is an example of the former but I can't think of an example of the other one.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Twiggymouse posted:

Would you rather the game be played competently or by UZworm? The two seem to be mutually exclusive.

LOL hear that, UZworm? You suck, apparently.

I'm debating if I should restart my Morrowind screenshot LP or start it over with video. The thing that killed it for me was playing with the Atronach sign; if I start over I will NOT play Atronach and just take my chances with base magic resistance.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

ScreamingLlama posted:

LOL hear that, UZworm? You suck, apparently.

Are you implying that my incompetence at video games is some kind of hidden knowledge

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Ancient wisdom carved into rock deep underground after a surprisingly linear cave. If you do the questline to uncover the mystery you get a hundred septims.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I don't like anything.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Star Man posted:

I don't like anything.

I feel like you could theoretically have made this post in literally any of the threads you follow.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I have. Several times.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
You wanna talk about terrible glitches, UZ, let me tell you about how I completed about 2/3rds of the game headless.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Lazy Bear posted:

You wanna talk about terrible glitches, UZ, let me tell you about how I completed about 2/3rds of the game headless.

I'm going to choose to believe that the Helgen execution was successful but the dragon showed up anyway and you just chicken'd it.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

UZworm posted:

Are you implying that my incompetence at video games is some kind of hidden knowledge

I suppose I can tolerate your incompetence and drunkenness as long as the LP continues to be amusing.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
:siren: NEW UPDATE :siren:

EPISODE 13: Mr. Puffles, Rated PG-13

I just... I don't even know what to say about this one. This video is a trainwreck from start to finish. Even the commentary. Especially the commentary. Don't watch this one if you have anything resembling sensibilities.

Seriously though, whoever tells Chitlin the name of the Orc loving book is getting plat.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
That went Mohorovicic fast.

Let me help.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Is there even a book like that? I really hope not.

UZworm posted:

Don't watch this one if you have anything resembling sensibilities.
No worries there.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Gimbal lock posted:

What's the distinction here? They seem very similar.

RareAcumen posted:

Beats me. The briefcase in Pulp Fiction is an example of the former but I can't think of an example of the other one.

No distinction intended. All McGuffins are plot devices, but a plot device doesn't have to be an actual device, it can be anything that moves the story forward. Even people can be plot devices, like a family that gets killed to motivate the hero. A McGuffin is nothing but a plot device though. It'll never be used for anything in the story when, or if, it's acquired.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Fish Noise posted:

Let me help.

"That seems like a lot of work to go to to make me spend 10 dollars."
Iron Chitlin, 2016

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

UZworm posted:

I'm going to choose to believe that the Helgen execution was successful but the dragon showed up anyway and you just chicken'd it.

Almost as good. Downed a health potion a frame or two before a killcam activated. I got beheaded, but lived through it. Spent the rest of the game headless. Every time I loaded in, my head would spawn on the ground beside me and just roll off into the distance.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Man this thread got me to play the PS4 rerelease. There's some poo poo that just doesn't get old. Like killing someone over and over for a specific daedric artifact, getting an inheritance letter because they died while their unliving corpse is shambling around following you, then said corpse dying and you receiving their inheritance again.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I made the mistake of liking Skyrim and I will fight all of you.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
Here, have an on-the-fly palette cleanser to forget about that last video

What am I doing with my life?

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

No, UZ. I saw everything.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

UZworm posted:

"That seems like a lot of work to go to to make me spend 10 dollars."
Iron Chitlin, 2016
If you look closely, most of the text in that is just Johnny Five Aces, which happens to be perfectly sized to end where it does in that screenshot. I'm not actually going to write this thing.
now if someone else writes it

UZworm posted:

Here, have an on-the-fly palette cleanser to forget about that last video
This is simultaneously the best LP and the worst LP.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Fish Noise posted:

now if someone else writes it

I believe we've well established that someone already did.

(Hahaha I didn't even notice the author's name is "gayunicornlove")

White Coke
May 29, 2015
So was the book Iron Chitlin remembers explicit, or was orc "reproduction" just something that was mentioned?

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Chitlin, you owe me archives. I literally just googled "orc reproduction book skyrim" and this was the first thing that came up.

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

I need to use the bathroom!

Unknown Quantity posted:

Chitlin, you owe me archives. I literally just googled "orc reproduction book skyrim" and this was the first thing that came up.

That is indeed the book that I half remembered reading 5 years ago and translated to Orc loving Book through a drunken haze. Thanks(?) for playing, PM me your email and I'll get you archives.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
So all we had to do was say "reproduction" instead of "fuckin'" this whole time?

drat.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

UZworm posted:

So all we had to do was say "reproduction" instead of "fuckin'" this whole time?

drat.

Sad thing is, i have been replaying Skyrim, and just read that drat book a few days ago and still couldn't recall it when i was watching the video.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

:laffo::laffo:

A good book.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Not only modless, but also not using the dark theme on discord? Simply the worst :v:

Seriously though, how did I miss this lp. I love this stupid buggy game :buddy:

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
Okay this is the last one I promise.

(Promise not valid)

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

So how much would it suck to be the guy who had to write about orc fuckin? Imagine, you finally land a job with a major studio, and get assigned to the "in game lore" division: "alright phil, you're new so you're first tasks are to write books on Dwemer law and Orc fuckin.... sorry, "racial phylony" *snicker*. Now you are known around the water cooler as "the orc fuckin guy."

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

rocket_man38 posted:

So how much would it suck to be the guy who had to write about orc fuckin? Imagine, you finally land a job with a major studio, and get assigned to the "in game lore" division: "alright phil, you're new so you're first tasks are to write books on Dwemer law and Orc fuckin.... sorry, "racial phylony" *snicker*. Now you are known around the water cooler as "the orc fuckin guy."

You develop a sense of humor and write the craziest thing you can.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Star Man posted:

You develop a sense of humor and write the craziest thing you can.

Yeah. You own that poo poo. And when the programmers start picking on you, you make fun of all their bugs.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Actually only senior team members get to write about orc loving.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
Todd Howard himself insisted on putting his own input in, I hear.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I feel like he was more on the "Lifts-Her-Tail" train :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This episode is a trainwreck? Oh boy, sign me up! I love LP trainwrecks! It's why I think Chitlin's Grimrock LP is so good.

Pick up the shield, drop the shield, pick it up again- put in your inventory, compare its stats to your old shield, stroke your chin as you weigh your options- drop it again, walk away, forget about it, remember it, try to find it, fail to find it, oh no Jerry's dead again.

Anyway, talking about the video now, I don't remember Loco having such a lisp. Great intro, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

White Coke posted:

Yeah. You own that poo poo. And when the programmers start picking on you, you make fun of all their bugs.

It would be pretty cool to put "wrote about orc fuckin" on a resume.

• Locked thread