Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Tether: "We decided to print $500B worth of IOUs"

ghostty: "$TO THE MOOOOOON"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Cool people are perpetuating fraud on idiots again. Glad you revived this thread to bring this to our attention.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

It's incredible to see how far Decentralized Finance has come in such a short time, and amazing to think of where it will be in just a few years.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

quote:

Together with the Eclipse Foundation, we are pleased to announce the launch of the Tangle EE Working Group. Tangle EE unites a diverse group of leading companies, academics, and standards bodies in developing data, payment and identity solutions and tooling on IOTA’s Tangle.

We are well on our way to becoming the first truly scalable, feeless and decentralized Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and have solidified our role as a world-leading center for DLT research and development. It is now time to provide a vendor-neutral governance framework under which organizations can build enterprise-grade solutions on IOTA.

Dell Technologies and STMicroelectronics are among the founding members of the new working group, along with 13 other member organizations: Software AG, Object Management Group, accessec, Energinet, BiiLabs, Calypso Network Association, ENGIE Lab CRIGEN, RWTH Aachen University, AKITA, Geometric Energy Corporation, TMForum, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg and IoTIFY.

Wow, incredible work by the IOTA foundation. Truly spearheading the IOT revolution.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Hey whatever happened to Cardano? Why aren't you shilling for it anymore?

Also what happened with this?

vortmax fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 13, 2020

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Cardano's "publicity" contract ran out so the shills stopped talking about it

iota's "publicity" contract is still active

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

vortmax posted:

Hey whatever happened to Cardano? Why aren't you shilling for it anymore?

Also what happened with this?

I've never discussed or owned cardano, and it will stay that way. Stinky project

And if I post the updated list of IOTA partnerships I might be probated for posting too large of an image.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

ghosTTy posted:

I've never discussed or owned cardano, and it will stay that way. Stinky project

And if I post the updated list of IOTA partnerships I might be probated for posting too large of an image.

So many partnerships!!1!!1!

*Checks price*

*90% drawdown in the last 2 years*

Don't you get tired of just always being in a perpetual state of "averaging down" ?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Speaking of iota...

https://twitter.com/ercwl/status/1232648421351264256

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ghosty kramers into the thread to shill-advertise some shitcoin, shitcoin is revealed to run on a client that's actually a trojan and stops working days later

like clockwork

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Yall should stop sealioning ghostty just because they want to make you rich

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Nobody likes people incessantly giving bad investment advice.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Lambert posted:

Nobody likes people incessantly giving bad investment advice.

on the contrary i find it pretty amusing

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Black monday (2020) coincided with the anniversary of the Cypherpunk's Manifesto

https://www.activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

in other ghost titty news, he supposedly* lost $14k in two days investing in crypto
*assuming he actually for real cashed out his retirement savings and invested it in scams

vortmax fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 11, 2020

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I'm going to say that no, the person repeating weird coiner arguments for years probably isn't some kind of master troll but an actual true believer.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pretty sure that the account posting only about cryptocurrency, and nothing else, including in threads that are basically dead, is being paid to do so

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

https://idena.io/?view=technology

Finally got my invite, so excited. Proof-of-Person will be revolutionary.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

ghosTTy posted:

https://idena.io/?view=technology

Finally got my invite, so excited. Proof-of-Person will be revolutionary.

ghost titty

did you really blow your retirement money on the shitcoins that caught fire today

baseness
Feb 26, 2004
Dark Dreams
LMAO

https://medium.com/@DeepBrain_Chain/weve-stealin-your-money-e20b81fb5d0a

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

ghosTTy posted:

It's incredible to see how far Decentralized Finance has come in such a short time, and amazing to think of where it will be in just a few years.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

https://davidgerard.co.uk/blockchai...e-bye-wirecard/

quote:

Gosh, this poker table seems completely devoid of suckers

Just as crypto is the history of financial scams on fast forward, Decentralised Finance is the history of crypto scams on fast forward — first as farce, then as bigger farce.

How DeFi works:

Yield farmers on the Compound protocol — who get COMP tokens for making transactions — are manipulating the USDT market on Compound to generate COMP for themselves, because they can.
The crypto venture capitalists who control the “decentralised” Compound protocol — most prominently Andreesen Horowitz and Robert Leshner, the CEO of Compound — are twiddling the reserve percentage, because they can. [Compound]
They aren’t bothering to fix the actual broken USDT market, because they don’t have to.
$COMP is being listed on Coinbase tomorrow — Andreesen Horowitz were Coinbase investors, and Coinbase are Compound investors — and I’d just like you to picture the dump after this pump. [Coinbase blog]

The purpose seems to be to skim dimes from suckers, and funnel them to Andreesen Horowitz. If you ever wonder “why did COMP think X was a good idea,” that’s the answer.

Crypto fans look forward to luring fresh suckers into crypto by talking up the unfeasible interest rates on DeFi — “much like the ICO bubble.” [Twitter, archive]

It is difficult to overstate how laughably illegal it would be to run an “investment” market in this manner outside crypto — or inside crypto, if the SEC ever notices. This makes the Telegram ICO scam look defensible.

If you think DeFi is a good investment vehicle, and you don’t know who the sucker at the table is — it’s you.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

You found.... one centralized project? :crossarms:

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

ghosTTy posted:

You found.... one centralized project? :crossarms:

If you think DeFi is a good investment vehicle, and you don’t know who the sucker at the table is — it’s you.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

vortmax posted:

Just sold all of my $POWER, $DXD, $MKR and $BUIDL. Thanks

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ghosTTy posted:

Just sold all of my $POWER, $DXD, $MKR and $BUIDL. Thanks

I'm willing to trade some $SKUB if you're interested.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
$GOON going to zero. SELL SELL SELL

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

https://www.coindesk.com/paypal-venmo-to-roll-out-crypto-buying-and-selling

It's 2017 again and I know a little BIG secret that A LOT of people don't know yet. Something to do with an aggregator, dexes, fiat onboarding and ETH gas fees :)

quote:

The industry source said they expected PayPal “would be working with multiple exchanges to source liquidity.”

My little secret shot up 200% on this news. I easily expect another 5000% in the coming bull run. Holy poo poo I'm going to be on Joe Rogan Experience :holy:

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

ghosTTy posted:

https://www.coindesk.com/paypal-venmo-to-roll-out-crypto-buying-and-selling

It's 2017 again and I know a little BIG secret that A LOT of people don't know yet. Something to do with an aggregator, dexes, fiat onboarding and ETH gas fees :)

My little secret shot up 200% on this news. I easily expect another 5000% in the coming bull run. Holy poo poo I'm going to be on Joe Rogan Experience :holy:

Here's a little hint. Sorry I scribbled all over it. I can't afford to let any old goon (literally) reverse image search and figure it out. I'm still accumulating with my divs every week.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The laziest pump and dump scam I've ever seen is happening right now, in this very thread. You honor the memory of AARO

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

The laziest pump and dump scam I've ever seen is happening right now, in this very thread. You honor the memory of AARO

Cardano wasn't a pump and dump scam. It's a gofundme for Charles Hoskinson's vacations. It will moon this year, staking is big right now

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

ghosTTy posted:

It's happening :holy:

Tiax Rules All
Jul 22, 2007
You are but the grease for the wheels of his rule.
This will end well.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

We're building something new in terms of values and governance. Nobody can predict what we'll discover during this journey, because nobody did it before. The idea to replace the trust we're giving to Corporations with the censorship-resistant code of General Purpose Protocols. Decentralized Governance is a new R&D field, in which the goal is to reinvent Human coordination 👽

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
:wrong:

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

ghosTTy posted:

Here's a little hint. Sorry I scribbled all over it. I can't afford to let any old goon (literally) reverse image search and figure it out. I'm still accumulating with my divs every week.

I'll let you guys open a position now. Should see $1000 soon, gas crisis is only just starting :shobon::coffee:

https://gastoken.io/

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
why would i want to buy gas for a clown car i dont own

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

looks like one person was able to generate 448 accounts and currently controls almost the entire supply of {TOKEN COIN 2}

:thunk:

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Computer Serf posted:

looks like one person was able to generate 448 accounts and currently controls almost the entire supply of {TOKEN COIN 2}

:thunk:

Anyone can mint gastokens. It's a very simple and powerful concept, essentially reserving gas fees at time of mint for future transactions :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

:wth: