Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DrowningInDreams posted:

My discord got flooded with spammers and my boyfriend panicked and told me to delete the ad

I think your boyfriend is on to something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
You should try advertising in one of those car trading magazines. Those things fly off the rack.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Literally A Person posted:

You should try advertising in one of those car trading magazines. Those things fly off the rack.

That might end up attracting the dragons loving cars contingent though. I'm trying to attract mostly high minded people first and foremost. It's ok if they are into cars but if that's their main thing I'll just let it trickle down.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
you cant afford to be picky about who consumes your art. if dragon-carfuckers will give you the patronage you need or want then so be it

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
What sort of relationship should dragons and cars have?

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

YoursTruly posted:

What sort of relationship should dragons and cars have?

Entirely platonic

In other news I got Urbit working on my phone.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
I wrote about nothing for $5 in bitcoin, I am a paid writer now

Extrinsic Value
Dec 2, 2020

by Pragmatica
Dragon coins.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
Because you have believed in me, you will be at my side in the dragonsphere

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
All of us? Is there room?

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
Well I mean, if you believe in me. And it's ok, we'll just use Yitang Zhang's Bounded Primes Gap solution + Hilbert's Hotel to allocate memory space in the cosmos for dragonsphere worlds so that there's an infinite amount of non-overlapping memory space.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DrowningInDreams posted:

Well I mean, if you believe in me. And it's ok, we'll just use Yitang Zhang's Bounded Primes Gap solution + Hilbert's Hotel to allocate memory space in the cosmos for dragonsphere worlds so that there's an infinite amount of non-overlapping memory space.

I don't just believe in you, I believe in Future Virtual Dragon Nation.

:hai:

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
Happy almost New Year

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
Happy actual New Year

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DrowningInDreams posted:

Happy actual New Year

Is it future virtual dragon nation yet?

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Is it future virtual dragon nation yet?

We'll get there.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DrowningInDreams posted:

We'll get there.

It's like the "keep on truckin" of simulated mythical-being time period states.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

It's like the "keep on truckin" of simulated mythical-being time period states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv7lMWOj5jQ

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
I am nearing the end of Panzer Dragoon Saga having found most of the secrets but apparently none of the sidequests! Let no one call me ignorant of dragon video game canon.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Are you trying to resurrect malatora

First thing that came to mind. Opp has a suspiciously similar color scheme in that av iirc

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

SniperWoreConverse posted:

First thing that came to mind. Opp has a suspiciously similar color scheme in that av iirc

I am familiar with Malatora, but certainly want little to do with it.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
I made crypto art:

https://opensea.io/bundles/liber-game-series-concept-art-collection-1-5Uk

Someone please buy it so I can fund my games.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
Beginning to think my games will never get made

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DrowningInDreams posted:

Beginning to think my games will never get made

Is that the way a dragon would think???

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Is that the way a dragon would think???

Axiomatically so, since I am a dragon. What kind of racist bs is this? It's like "are you a Mexican or a Mexican't?"

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DrowningInDreams posted:

Axiomatically so, since I am a dragon. What kind of racist bs is this? It's like "are you a Mexican or a Mexican't?"

Oh god, I've never been accused of being racist towards dragons. I need to introspect.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
Good news everyone! I have assembled the following information!

I'm told that the thing I would need to make my obsession possible (encrypted consciousness | neural nets are capable of consciousness), is a form of differential privacy based on some unknown encryption method that is homomorphic under a desired set of relu "actions". I am also told this is a problem of algebraic or arithmetic geometry though, which is very hard and would require Top Mathematicians to work on it, who are all currently working on P=NP. I have no idea what most of this means. How do I learn more about this and/or encourage others to work on it?

Class field theory is apparently required for this

Random things people have said to me:

quote:

yes, lots of statistical things can be computed fully homomorphically
[2:45 PM]
any statistical thing that runs on linear transformations
[2:45 PM]
regressions, pca, etc
[2:46 PM]
very simple neural networks are probably also linear transformations

quote:

im scanning recent literature and it looks like a lot of the popular things like sigmoid functions have been admitted into some reasonable-looking encryption methods, like encryption based on conjugacy

quote:

there's a concept of a physically uncloneable function in hardware security

quote:

"Okay! So, a few things.

Modern day artificial neural networks, as used in image recognition, don't try and approximate brains. A better way to think of them is as a series of matrix operations. Very simply, they receive inputs of the form of a 2D array (in the case of images), and this 2D array goes through a series of mathematical operations based on weights the network has "learned".

Homomorphic encryption is type of encryption that allows you to encrypt something, do math on it, and then decrypt it and have that math be preserved. So if I encrypt 4 and 5, then add the resulting ciphertext and decrypt, I'll get 9. So if I want to encrypt a neural network I can do something like encrypt the weights and input homomorphically, do all the math on them, and then decrypt the results.

The issue with this is that homomorphic encryption either limits the type of math operations you can do or takes a million years. Unfortunately, modern neural networks rely heavily on neural activation functions, one of which is called a 'relu', all of which are not easy to run on encrypted data.

If you want to understand more about this I'd just start with googling stuff about neural networks and homomorphic encryption. I know in the mid 2015s there was some buzz about running neural networks that were encrypted, but I don't think anyone in industry ever did anything with it.

What is it specifically you want to advocate for? I'm also curious what you mean by "neural network capable of consciousness"

Source: Wrote a prototype of an encrypted convolutional neural network for the DoD awhile back."

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
I finished reading Rationality A-Z by Eleizer Yudkowsky and wrote a short review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/3850071573?book_show_action=false

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
I have signed a contract with a random person to help me make my first video game

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

DrowningInDreams posted:

I have signed a contract with a random person to help me make my first video game

Didn't you already make a videogame called Dragon: a Game About a Dragon?

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Applewhite posted:

No that was unfortunately someone else, someone who probably does not want to be associated with me.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

DrowningInDreams posted:

I finished reading Rationality A-Z by Eleizer Yudkowsky and wrote a short review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/3850071573?book_show_action=false
I want a future virtual dragon nation that's redpilled as hell

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DrowningInDreams posted:

Can I assume a triple A studio?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Applewhite posted:

lmao

DrowningInDreams posted:

No that was unfortunately someone else, someone who probably does not want to be associated with me.

i follow this thread because i saw you post in the game dev thread a couple times, and i'd like to see you succeed. i think you should do your best to do the thing!!

that said i think it's important to clarify that we are separate people :v:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Just saying, If you need sick dragon tunes for your game I'm so drat down it's not even funny.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Fur20 posted:

lmao

i follow this thread because i saw you post in the game dev thread a couple times, and i'd like to see you succeed. i think you should do your best to do the thing!!

poo poo I got the two of you confused I’m sorry.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Just saying, If you need sick dragon tunes for your game I'm so drat down it's not even funny.

I need someone who can make 30 minutes or so of progressive house or trance music actually, but geared towards a shmup

Fur20 posted:

Ty

Can I assume a triple A studio?

A random fellow occultist on Twitter

Pretty good posted:

I want a future virtual dragon nation that's redpilled as hell

This was the original idea behind the CTCR, a dragon nation that incoherently combines all the hottest alt right thinkers.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
New picture. Scene from near the end of Liber Perturbatio. Peter the dragon is having a psychotic break at an inopportune time, ranting about the "rider with a bow" from the book of revelation. Johnathon Programmer, who is pissed at him for the events of the game up until now, breaks his bow

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DrowningInDreams posted:

I need someone who can make 30 minutes or so of progressive house or trance music actually, but geared towards a shmup

Oh. I mostly play jazz. How about some slick cool jazz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

DrowningInDreams posted:

This was the original idea behind the CTCR, a dragon nation that incoherently combines all the hottest alt right thinkers.

Wait. If dragons are the alt right, then who's on the left?

Is it Elves? The Fae?