Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
if Drew Brees is so great, why won't he face Tom Brady in a Super Bowl?

what is he afraid of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Tarkenton was robbed.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

I'd give him Elways spot no problem. Glad Favre made it tho.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I hope Brees really feels slighted by this horrific terrible no good snub and uses it to power his way to a super bowl win. thanks and god belss

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Also Favre's snippet was really heartwarming. :unsmith:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

AsInHowe posted:

If anything, Elway should be out, for Terry Bradshaw.

Quit trolling

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

wandler20 posted:

Tarkenton was robbed.

He didn’t make it? WTF?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

wandler20 posted:

Tarkenton was robbed.

Same with Steve Young, whose biggest fault was "Not being Joe Montana"

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
My biggest complaint about the Top 100 was that I would have preferred it if they had excluded anyone currently active if future potential was something that they couldn't consider while voting, but that's a minor thing.

My only real prediction for the list was that they would include at least one nod to every current team, but going through the roster, the only one that got snubbed was the Jags. If Reggie White hadn't played his final season in Carolina, the Panthers would have gotten snubbed as well.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

OxySnake posted:

Same with Steve Young, whose biggest fault was "Not being Joe Montana"

Well, he did miss half of his career because he wasn't Joe Montana. Which hurts his longevity if nothing else. Although he did have to retire sooner than we'd have hoped.

Lawrence Phillips :argh:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Young and Brees have one thing that all the other greats don't really have.

Failure. Yeah they were in lovely situations, but they got run off their first teams

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

only one of them dudes ran off another one of them dudes

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Shinji2015 posted:

My biggest complaint about the Top 100 was that I would have preferred it if they had excluded anyone currently active if future potential was something that they couldn't consider while voting, but that's a minor thing.

My only real prediction for the list was that they would include at least one nod to every current team, but going through the roster, the only one that got snubbed was the Jags. If Reggie White hadn't played his final season in Carolina, the Panthers would have gotten snubbed as well.

I hardly think you can call it a snubbing when neither team has had anyone worthy of being top 100 on it. They just didn't get participation credits.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm sorry that Elway making the list triggers you. He carried some terrible offenses back when Reeves was coaching.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Kalli posted:

Young and Brees have one thing that all the other greats don't really have.

Failure. Yeah they were in lovely situations, but they got run off their first teams

So did Favre.

So did Manning.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ah. Earlier I said something, and want it to be stricken from the record of posts. in its place I want it to say, "only two of them dudes ran off another one of them dudes"

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I called 9 put of 10, I missed Favre because I assumed all the olds making up the panel would pick Bart Starr instead. Happy to be wrong about that one.

:chord:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I dotn know enough about Steve young because I lived in the land of bulls/packers fans during favres prime. Why did young fail in the playoffs so often compared to how good he was regular season?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

mastershakeman posted:

I dotn know enough about Steve young because I lived in the land of bulls/packers fans during favres prime. Why did young fail in the playoffs so often compared to how good he was regular season?

Cowboys were better in the early 90's, the Packers were better in the late 90's. The 49ers were pretty much consistently the second best team in the NFC in Young's heyday.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Rivers one is perfection too

https://mobile.twitter.com/KSeaboldt/status/1210784339409035265?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Are you a Chiefs fan? If not I'm amazed you are following Kurtis Seaboldt.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Dang those are all great.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Lol at all of these

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Did Elvis Grbac make the list for being the handsomest quarterback?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Trubisky will never live down being a huge bust

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

cavallingus posted:

Bears will trade him for a first like Rick mirer or Trent Richardson

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

cavallingus posted:

Bad timing for him. If he'd come out and been overrated in, say, 2014 no one would even notice.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

Bad timing for him. If he'd come out and been overrated in, say, 2014 no one would even notice.

It's not even the timing. If he hadn't been picked second overall by the Bears outbidding themselves then no one would've even noticed.

Just picking him at 3 wouldn't be a problem, you hit some, you miss some, it happens.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spent Christmas in Chicago and every single person there isn't mad about Mahomes and would have even accepted passing on Watson. It was the trade up that is unforgivable. In a town that hates a lot of people for different reasons I think Ryan Pace is public enemy #1

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If you want to trigger a Chicago sports fan tell him that LeBron is better than MJ was in his prime

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Of course he was, mjs prime was spent in minor league baseball because mj kept gambling on himself to win and the NBA didn't know what to do besides a fake retirement

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
This helped his case, I'm sure

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1210938814253764608?s=19

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Watson was such an obviously better pick than Mitch. Mahomes was not a sure thing.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

I wonder if AB took note of the BS the NFL pulled regarding the sham Kaepernick workout, and conflated Colin's unjust blackballing with his own deserved releases/cuts.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

If that's true, he could have been faster than The Flash, and he wasn't getting signed.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kalensc posted:

I wonder if AB took note of the BS the NFL pulled regarding the sham Kaepernick workout, and conflated Colin's unjust blackballing with his own deserved releases/cuts.

The other thing that never gets talked about is how did mitch get through the interview process? Like compared to Watson or Mahomes, Mitch sounds like a loving dumbass who can barely put two titties together to kiss.

As I was writing this I remembered the bears never actually gave mitch a private workout so lmao

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bigass Moth posted:

Watson was such an obviously better pick than Mitch. Mahomes was not a sure thing.

Neither of them were sure things. But they were both better picks than Trubs.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Phone, Ravens and Peters 3 year extension

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sharknado slashfic posted:

Phone, Ravens and Peters 3 year extension

Awesome. Now let's work on bolstering the front 7.

He's now a claimed Raven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Logicblade posted:

Cowboys were better in the early 90's, the Packers were better in the late 90's. The 49ers were pretty much consistently the second best team in the NFC in Young's heyday.

It didn't help Young either that Mike Holmgren coached him in both San Francisco and in college at BYU, so if anybody knew what his tendencies/weaknesses were, it was the mid 90's Packers once their defense got going.

Those 90's Niners teams were very good but the league caught up to them a bit - they weren't heads and shoulders the best org in the league like they'd been in the 80's during the Montana/Walsh years.