Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Would Warren be a good VP pick? Or would he go younger with someone like Tammy Baldwin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well it was at night but yes.

Broad nightlight.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Willo567 posted:

Biden won't be threatening war every other month unlike Trump, and maybe we could actually get back into that Iran nuclear deal and not risk a huge, catastrophic war.

How about that for a start

No...he'll just be a caretaker president that does nothing to change the status quo, just in time for a more competent fascist than Trump to sail in on liberals' failures in 2024.

No thanks. I won't vote for Biden; regardless of how much I want Trump gone.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Sean posted:

Please tell me how Biden will make things better than Trump.

This is how you can spot someone who hasn't really been that affected by the Trump presidency.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Willo567 posted:

Let's see what Trump has done so far

-Threatened to attack North Korea (A loving nuclear state)
-Threatened to defund the W.H.O.
-Pulled the U.S. out of the Paris Climate Agreement
-Pulled the U.S. out of the Iran nuclear deal
-Ignored warnings about COVID-19, and is repeatedly downplaying the threat from it

Please tell me how Biden will make things worse than Trump

They don't care, man.

I pointed out how a lot of LGBT minorities stand to lose what gains they made and then even their safety to continue living in the case of trans people (There's been a number of attacks on their right to continue receiving medical care and employment. Which, given current events is bad.) if Donald wins the next election a week ago in the Protest Vote thread and I just got a lot of bullshit and double speak about how I loved voting for rapists when that was the exact opposite of what I was saying. To them it was just "Oh, I need to stick it to the DNC RIGHT loving NOW" and gently caress the consequences for other people.

Basically, accelerationism with the usual result that accelerationism gets --- the weak get crushed and the comfortable get their feel-good-do-nothing activisim feelies.

rear end in a top hat's are assholes, no matter what side of the political spectrum they're on.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 8, 2020

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

The Sean posted:

Please tell me how Biden will make things better than Trump.
Foreign and domestic policies won't come from a facebook discussion group.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Would Warren be a good VP pick? Or would he go younger with someone like Tammy Baldwin?

The Biden people won't even nod to the left enough to pick Warren or Baldwin. It's going to be Harris or Abrams.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

A real damper has been placed on ducktales chat

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Biden wouldn't be actively hostile towards renewable energy and that's loving enough in my books.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Archonex posted:

They don't care, man.

I pointed out how a lot of LGBT minorities stand to lose what gains they made and then even their safety to continue living in the case of trans people (There's number of attacks on their right to continue receiving medical care and employment. Which, given current events is bad.) if Donald wins the next election a week ago in the Protest Vote thread and I just got a lot of bullshit and double speak about how I loved voting for rapists when that was the exact opposite of what I was saying.

rear end in a top hat's are assholes, no matter what side of the political spectrum they're on.

a lot of the people you're calling 'assholes' in this post are LGBT themselves. such as me

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
You can be of the opinion that Biden is a bad choice and also be of the opinion that Trump is a far, far worse choice.

In fact, I would bet my life on that. No way Biden is worse than Trump.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Yuzenn posted:

Do you like laws? Because if we lose any more seats on the Supreme Court, every decision is about to be 6-3 or worse depending on how many of the Justices die/retire during this next presidential term.

I'm not going to even get into "acting like a republican" and BEING a republican but just the Supreme Court alone is important enough.

I'd like to remain being considered a person, because not to long ago the Courts were perfectly fine with the opposite.

This is essentially where I'm at, at this point. Either this man gets kicked out of office or we literally lose every last progressive thing ever done in the name of making society better. Literally every last thing.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

marshmonkey posted:

This is how you can spot someone who hasn't really been that affected by the Trump presidency.

My girlfriend's parents are steadfast never-Bidens despite being immigrants who barely speak English and feel threatened on a daily basis by Trump's policies. The problem is that they were actually present for Obama-era raids of their ESL and citizenship classes. It's not an uncommon attitude with people they know, either.

They don't intend to vote this year, which will be a first for them since they became citizens.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

mcmagic posted:

The Biden people won't even nod to the left enough to pick Warren or Baldwin. It's going to be Harris or Abrams.

Baldwin would be an excellent choice as it would probably deliver him Wisconsin.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo
Imagine furiously tweeting every outrageous thing Trump has done over the past 4 years and then pivoting directly to "welp, Biden would do the exact same thing"

It's an impressive display of rational gymnastics.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kith posted:

To people flipping out about Bernie:

https://twitter.com/elizacollins1/status/1247918159774060550?s=20

He's just stopping campaigning efforts, not dropping out of the race entirely. He can still put an enormous amount of pressure on Biden (or whoever else gets the nom) via delegates and is still the runner-up in the (reasonably likely) event that Biden dies or is rendered completely inoperable.
And this answers my question of this being a net positive over 2016. I'll take it.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Endorph posted:

a lot of the people you're calling 'assholes' in this post are LGBT themselves. such as me

Well then! Congrats on being an rear end in a top hat, from another LGBT person.

Your actions will hurt other people. They have consequences. And I gotta say, if someone I know gets hurt because you let those murderous bigots stay in power then gently caress you right to hell.

Asema posted:

its weird that they use the LGBT argument when one candidate had glowing better support with our crowd than the other and hmmmmmm

It's weird how assholes use this fall back when they get called out on being an rear end in a top hat. Never considering that maybe the person calling them out is in fact also one of the minorities that will be affected by it.

Protest voting when the opposition party doesn't care about winning literally does not work. Because they care more about making sure their actually left leaning part party loses than they do winning. It's their system working as intended. You spoiling your vote isn't even going to be looked at as a thing that matters.

Down ticket voting is what you want so they can't hold that sort of power any more. Meanwhile, protest voting on a vote for the executive while a tyrannical jackass and his genocidal religious zealot voters and corporate vulture backers are in control ends up with bodies in the morgue. Do the math, for petes sakes.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 8, 2020

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

its weird that they use the LGBT argument when one candidate had glowing better support with our crowd than the other and hmmmmmm

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

yes. your defense of Joe Biden calling for the deaths of thousands, in order to reduce the chance that he found some way to trip over himself and give Sanders the nomination, is that it's okay he did that because the Republicans were the ones who actually pulled the trigger on the monstrous thing he wanted to happen.

hilariously even Biden's not willing to go that far, as he has hastily decided in the wake of getting what he wanted that actually it was bad.

I didn't bring up up Joe Biden. You, Lemming, and Scrice did. I didn't defend him, either, but you know that already.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Slowpoke! posted:

You can be of the opinion that Biden is a bad choice and also be of the opinion that Trump is a far, far worse choice.

I think this is arguable point. A governing coalition of Biden + all the republicans + 25 Josh Gottheimer's could do a lot more legislative evil than a Trump second term could. Also, a Biden presidency that would completely deflate the left and the D base and would almost certainly make for an electoral massacre in 2022 and 2024.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
i'm alright with a certain amount of grieving and venting so i'm going to have a light hand on the protest vote stuff atm

please make a reasonable effort not to be assholes to other posters

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Archonex posted:

Well then! Congrats on being an rear end in a top hat, from another LGBT person.

Your actions will hurt other people. They have consequences. And I gotta say, if someone I know gets hurt because you let those murderous bigots stay in power then gently caress you right to hell.

huge slam on Obama voters out of nowhere

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

It's possible for Biden to be bad and not vote for him without getting all hyperbolic about how he is worse then Trump.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Archonex posted:

when i was 12 a teacher pushed me into a broom closet and described, in detail, how he would rape me, how he could if he wanted to. his hands were on my body. his breath in my face. it smelled like store brand soda and cigarettes. he tossed me in the closet and locked the door and left me there for the next hour. to me, it felt like i was in there forever. i was certain he was going to come back.

i am not voting for a rapist. period.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Paracaidas posted:

This is huge news and easily the day's biggest impact on the 2020 presidential election.

Still not going to flip Florida but good news nonetheless.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Guze posted:

A real damper has been placed on ducktales chat
Dropouts! Woo-hoo! :suicide:

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Endorph posted:

when i was 12 a teacher pushed me into a broom closet and described, in detail, how he would rape me, how he could if he wanted to. his hands were on my body. his breath in my face. it smelled like store brand soda and cigarettes. he tossed me in the closet and locked the door and left me there for the next hour. to me, it felt like i was in there forever. i was certain he was going to come back.

i am not voting for a rapist. period.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo

Asema posted:

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Pulling Warren from the Senate would be a deeply questionable choice, and it's unclear that she would want it. "People close to" Biden's campaign have floated essentially every running mate you could think of.

Abrams, Baldwin, Duckworth, Booker, Pete, Klob, Harris, Brown, and Beto are among the names that have been mentioned. Some are pretty good (even an OurRev name in there!), some are definitely not.

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

"I demanded a vast amount of totally avoidable human suffering occur, but it's okay, because the Republicans were the ones who made the monstrosity I called for actually happen."
can't really summarize Biden 2020 any better.

Kind of like how all those refrigerated semis full of dead bodies in NYC spelling out "BERNIE OR BUST" really sums up how 2016 went.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Monaghan posted:

Biden wouldn't be actively hostile towards renewable energy and that's loving enough in my books.

Ah yes, let's keep the psychopath who puts children in camps and ignored a pandemic in power

That'll show those nasty centrists and not gently caress me over personally somehow

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

Almost like it never needs to be over 35$ in the first goddamn motherfucking place.

My wife and I visited San Miguel de Allende, Mexico last November. I was able to buy a vial of the insulin I use (made by Lilly) over the counter with no proof of prescription for $20usd. In the usa, the same vial costs $290 out of pocket. (My insurance co-pay brings it down to $40)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm not a minority, and while I don't claim it's anything like the same thing, I am someone with a preexisting condition. Biden has vowed to veto M4A. Biden had a hand in the "deporter in chief's" treatment of immigrants that led to Trump's actions in office. Biden has spent his entire political career working against women's reproductive freedom and the social safety net.

I can't speak for anyone else, but being marginally better than Trump is not enough. We need better than "just good enough" if we're going to clean up the deep rot in this country, and Biden isn't the one to do it.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Bottom Liner posted:

Senile old white rapist man vs senile old white rapist man is so on brand American

In ‘Murcia we have the freedom of choice! Choose poo poo healthcare or poo poo healthcare, choose driving everywhere or driving everywhere, choose Republican or Republican, choose more racism or most racism, it’s our most precious freedom!

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Slowpoke! posted:

It’s a lovely choice, but if I had to choose between a rapist who is actively torching the country to the ground and a rapist who would at least turn the fire off, I’m going to go with the latter.

(I would naturally prefer a candidate who isn’t a sex criminal, though)

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Srice posted:

The de facto democratic nominee for president said it was okay to go out and vote in person, and then changed his mind about how safe it was after the votes were cast.

He didn't. He probably should have told people to stay home, but he didn't do that either and it probably barely mattered at all either way, realistically.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

Ah yes, let's keep the psychopath who puts children in camps and ignored a pandemic in power

That'll show those nasty centrists and not gently caress me over personally somehow

... I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to quote me on this one. I was supporting voting biden over trump and not doing some dumbshit write in.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
there's a challenging two-step to be performed here, if you're trying to proclaim this chain of events good.

on the one hand, liberal opposition to Trump has always been based around his moral repugnance. the thought of taking an action that benefits this man, and the evil he wishes to do, should induce feelings of shame! guy's throwing kids in cages on the grounds their blood's a taint on the nation-body that must be expunged! this is an entirely understandable approach.

but proclaiming that if you vote for somebody, it is effectively an endorsement of the horrible things they do puts you in a real ugly position re: one Joseph Biden.

who knows, maybe he was sick on the day those cages were built.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Willo567 posted:

Biden won't be threatening war every other month unlike Trump, and maybe we could actually get back into that Iran nuclear deal and not risk a huge, catastrophic war.

How about that for a start

Well thats a lovely start.

"Well, candidate, why should we hire you for the job?"

"I can't state any good things but I promise not to burn down the office."

"That's the minumum qualification. You're hired!"

The Sean fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

No...he'll just be a caretaker president that does nothing to change the status quo, just in time for a more competent fascist than Trump to sail in on liberals' failures in 2024.

No thanks. I won't vote for Biden; regardless of how much I want Trump gone.

what competent fascist. one eye, that other dickhead. they all believe dumb fox propganda and believe tea party bullshit. none of these dipshits are gonna go strasserite, the party wont even give people monthly money when 30% to 50% are unemployed. if trump loses, they will memory whole him and romeny and kasich will run again or some poo poo.

TyroneGoldstein posted:

This is essentially where I'm at, at this point. Either this man gets kicked out of office or we literally lose every last progressive thing ever done in the name of making society better. Literally every last thing.

yeah. same.