Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It should be noted that it was in the 70s and almost hit 80 degrees a few times for nearly all of December here in Virginia, which as I've said before is completely and utterly unprecedented.

So lol at Payne jumping on the "IF GLOBAL WARMING THEN WHY SNOW" the second the record highs are gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Lol at everyone else in the crowd staring daggers at Angela Rayner. Presumably they just finish slapping Mogg on the back for being such a stand-up fellow.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

It should be noted that it was in the 70s and almost hit 80 degrees a few times for nearly all of December here in Virginia, which as I've said before is completely and utterly unprecedented.

So lol at Payne jumping on the "IF GLOBAL WARMING THEN WHY SNOW" the second the record highs are gone.
huh i seem to draw this one a little later every etc.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

I was going to mention this.

We used to get a few days of snow, and now we’re lucky to get one day with enough snow to disrupt anything. It was so hot the day before that the snow couldn’t even accumulate on the ground. But hey, it snowed a single day in Virginia, so clearly global warming is false.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Meanwhile, here in Colorado, we've had about an inch of measurable snowfall since last winter. Almost every day we see record breaking high temperatures. We're already on track to have an extreme drought in the summer because we depend on snowmelt for water so much. Oh yeah, and the wildfire that burned down hundreds of homes. A wildfire in the middle of winter.

But yeah, it's cold in Virginia so there's no global warming.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Be happy that's the case. If the officer pulls his gun you're dead, human shield. Also all he wants is your money so it's probably best to let him have it.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the prime minister’s interior decoration – Boris Johnson has been accused of corruption after it emerged that he sought funds for his flat refurbishment from a Tory donor while promising to consider plans for a mystery ‘great exhibition’"

Telegraph:

'Stealth tax' to hit one in six Britons as inflation surges - Chancellor has frozen the higher rate threshold, despite rising prices

Matt:

Independent:

After William Morris.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

Ted Cruz to Michael Dukakis, “Hold my beer”

Senator Ted Cruz denounced the January 6 protest at the Capitol as a ‘violent terror attack.’ Therefore he must also see Trump supporters as terrorists. Tucker Carlson called out Cruz on his statement and Cruz immediately went into damage control mode. He said his phrasing was sloppy and he wasn’t calling thousands of peaceful protestors supporting Donald Trump terrorists. Who were the terrorists, then? Nobody was armed except for the guards and one of them murdered Ashlee Babbitt. Most of the protestors shuffled peacefully through the building and then left.

This kind of waffling displayed by Cruz makes it worse. He says whatever is advantageous to him in the moment. In the past I have been charitable to Ted in some of my cartoons, but now I consider him in the same league with Lindsay Graham.

Cruz wants to run for president again and he wants Trump out of the way. Therefore, he helped the Democrats with their ‘insurrection’ narrative and how it was supposedly instigated by President Trump. That way Trump can be banned from seeking office by means of the 14th Amendment. This would open the door for Cruz, but he forgot he would have to get a lot of votes from Trump supporters. He won’t be getting mine.

— Ben Garrison

So much for Kind Eyes Man.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Twelve by Pies posted:

It was literally in the 60s and sunny the day before the storm that shut down 95.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Garrison posted:

Most of the protestors shuffled peacefully through the building and then left.

Not that I expect intellectual consistency from Ben, but "mostly peaceful protests" is literally a right-wing euphemism for out-of-control rioting.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

wizzardstaff posted:

Not that I expect intellectual consistency from Ben, but "mostly peaceful protests" is literally a right-wing euphemism for out-of-control rioting.

No no that's only when it's BLM or ANTIFA. When we do it, we're kind and peaceful and respectful.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

We used to get a few days of snow, and now we’re lucky to get one day with enough snow to disrupt anything. It was so hot the day before that the snow couldn’t even accumulate on the ground.

In this part of Virginia we haven't gotten a good snow in years, most of the time we'll get a couple of inches overnight and it'll be nearly all melted by noon the next day. And even those snows have been getting less frequent over time.

Also in this part of VA we were under a burn ban for a while because we hadn't gotten any rain in over a month, which is kind of crazy too. I'm used to summer not having any rain, but fall and winter is usually when we get most rain here. We were in severe drought which I can't remember happening much if at all before. There's a bridge in town that goes over the Dan River, and for about half the year last year, there was a large sandbar in it because the river had gotten so low. I don't remember ever seeing a sandbar in the Dan River when I was a kid, and now it's there so much that it actually feels weird when it's gone.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
He called the Jan 6 rioters terrorists. Ben says this means Trump supporters. But I thought Ben also said it was a false flag and Jan 6 wasn't Trump supporters?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

No see the Trump supporters just stood around in the Capitol building going "What is this place, why are we here, we have no idea what to do!" it was the BLM/Antifa folks who broke windows and stole podiums and carried zip ties to restrain members of Congress with. This is why Ashlee Babbit is a murder victim, because she was just confused and scared and didn't know what was going on and wasn't doing anything except standing around, and the police shot her for no reason.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I'm gonna be honest.

Every time I see her name I think of that fat cat in the old Looney Tunes shorts who would yell "BABBIT" after he got bonked on the head or scared by something.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This is like Garrison’s fourth pivot on Cruz.

1st: Kind Eyes Man
2nd: Evil for opposing Daddy in primary
3rd: Good for supporting the Daddy Actually Won lie
4th: Evil for saying the Very Fake riot was bad

Imagine only just now realizing Cruz’s loyalty is wholly self-serving. In 2022. Also why the gently caress would you vote in another rigged presidential election, Ben? At least pretend to not vote to maintain this bullshit that you can’t even weakly commit to as being real.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Steve Breen

Jeff Danziger

Al Goodwyn

Clay Jones

Henry Payne

Tom Stiglich

Matt Wuerker

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

ZombieCat
May 3, 2014
Welp Payne's got me there. There's been an UNUSUALLY large amount of snow this season, global warming must be a hoax.

Oh wait almost forgot about last summer where we broke every heat record in the books for like a week straight. It was literally hotter than at ANY POINT IN ALL OF RECORDED HUMAN HISTORY FOR THIS AREA. FOR MULTIPLE DAYS.

There are very few people I can say I actually hate but Payne is up there.

ZombieCat fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jan 9, 2022

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill;
we come in peace, shoot to kill; Scotty, beam me up!

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill;
we come in peace, shoot to kill; Scotty, beam me up!

Great, that's stuck in my head now.

…rear end in a top hat.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

Color me surprised, the 2021 storyline was wrapped up before February! Still not really sure what the point of it was, or what it was trying to say. 2020 was raised by a cold and neglectful corporation, and that year sucked. Meanwhile, 2021 was raised by loving and God fearing Republican parents, and that year ended up sucking too. I guess the moral here is that things are going to suck regardless of how the personification of time is treated? How are we supposed to apply THAT lesson to our daily lives? Well, at least those escaped demons look like they're having fun.

....also, I think Death forgot to grab Zombie Uncle Sam before buggering off into the sunset.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That was meaningless waste of time even by Sinfest standards, it's turning into Prickcity.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

It's funny because if the man squad or whatever hadn't broken into the prison to rescue someone who was going to die in an hour anyway then the "mostly peaceful stampede" (gently caress you Ishida) wouldn't have happened. It almost feels intentional but it probably isn't since rescuing 2021 is a Good Thing in Ishida's mind I'm sure, especially since they also ended up rescuing the TERF lady.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's funny because if the man squad or whatever hadn't broken into the prison to rescue someone who was going to die in an hour anyway then the "mostly peaceful stampede" (gently caress you Ishida) wouldn't have happened. It almost feels intentional but it probably isn't since rescuing 2021 is a Good Thing in Ishida's mind I'm sure, especially since they also ended up rescuing the TERF lady.

It's Twitter prison, which is bad, because Twitter is bad, and everyone in there doesn't deserve to be, because Twitter are fascists, but the people in there are bad, because they're devils, and when they get let out, they riot and loot, which is bad, but the media, who is also social media, are saying the looting and rioting isn't bad and the people doing it aren't bad people, but they are, except for the ones who aren't, but the ones who violently broke out are good, because they beat up the cops, who are bad, who imprisoned the devil looters, who are bad

It's just an ouroboros of dumbass regressive poo poo that is so abjectly stupid even if you agreed with him you'd have no idea what the gently caress is happening

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

What's with the references to the Large Hadron Collider (CERN) and the Man From Taured?
https://obscurban-legend.fandom.com/wiki/The_Man_from_Taured

Is it just because I'm not awake, or does Sinfest make no drat sense?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Sinfest doesn’t make sense is the answer. It constantly loses track of its own plot points outside of right wing and TERF bullshit. Like no one knows, or is supposed to know, 2021 is Lady Time and all these people have met her at various times throughout the year yet somehow they A) all know it’s her and B) seem to just accept she’s aged from a child to a dying old woman in the span of a year

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

ScienceSeagull posted:

What's with the references to the Large Hadron Collider (CERN) and the Man From Taured?

I think Ishida thinks that vaguely alluding to a wide variety of things is the same as actually making something complex and deep

so yes it's the second option

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also the prison is a political prison for cis women who have spoken out against the "woke" narrative, and is therefore obviously called she/her penitentiary and is populated by she/hers because "woke" language is a big clownshoes mess that refuses common sense definition of things.

Except we obviously do have a term for people who go by she/her pronouns. They're called "women." Anyone you would comfortably refer to by she/her you'd also comfortably refer to as a woman. TERFs reject trans women being allowed to be called women and going by feminine pronouns, but those two things are kind of a package deal.

I know that if you were capable of considering things for more than two seconds you wouldn't be a TERF, but it still bothers me when they output poo poo with this little thought put into it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Twelve by Pies posted:

The protagonists not only caused that stampede themselves, they were part of it! But ultimately "it's fine when we do it" and all those other people breaking out of prison don't deserve it. The media then falls over itself painting them as victims, even though that same media put them there in the first place.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

"A Stampede of Wild She/Hers" would be a powerful username.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ScienceSeagull posted:

I've only been reading this thread a couple months now and I'm starting to realize that no further amount of exposure or context is going to create a moment where Sinfest starts making sense.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Is Ishida going to have the 2022 center around…2022 like the last two years? They seem like they’re set as major arcs but never go anywhere, which I guess isn’t surprising given they were originally gag strips that ran for like two weeks tops.

In 2020, she was held by the Devil and used as a corporate mascot…but 2020 sucked IRL so Ishida translated this into his comic as sexism? Either way, she wasn’t all that useful as an ad lady, but the Devil still wanted her because…?

Well, she has time powers, randomly stopping a fight between the Woke and MAGA Boys by turning them all into babies. Well, temporarily, except Uncle Sam who was kept young by Devil medicine? 2021 also showed this power like once, and you’d think that would be a far more compelling reason for Satan to want to capture her, but it never gets brought up.

And 2021 is raised by another family, but nothing happens. She gets arrested and dies right as she’s freed. We get this Sunday strip of her family, but they haven’t been focused on since the summer. Dad has been in that hospital with Mom for like six months. If Satan owns the prisons then why did he imprison 2021 if he wanted her for his schemes? Hell, the prison is supposed to be a hamfisted metaphor for social media, but she’s in there for real world crimes. It’s such a mess.

The lack of any improvement to the writing year after year is so odd. He wants these annual arcs, but then get distracted by telling us that vaccines are bad for two weeks, or he falls in love with a one-off joke and we get Woker comics for a month because isn’t that funny!? It rhymes with Joker!

Is 2022 going to be raised by the Sisterhood this year, and we get a TERF 2022 that stays in her 20s for like half the year until she magically becomes old (read: gets a few eye wrinkles and grey hair) in September? Cannot wait for the Supreme Court to outlaw abortion in June and Ishida just has 2022 yelling about how pronouns are bad.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Does anyone have the "What people think the president does" cartoon with the ECONOMY and GAS PRICES levers? Having trouble finding it.

e: vvvvvv Thank you, much appreciated! :tipshat:

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 9, 2022

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Does anyone have the "What people think the president does" cartoon with the ECONOMY and GAS PRICES levers? Having trouble finding it.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Nightmare on Downing Street – From rising energy prices to the redecoration of his flat, Boris Johnson has plenty to keep him awake at night"

Sunday Telegraph:

Russia cutting underwater cables could be act of war, says head of UK armed forces

Matt:

Sunday Times:

‘Nothing untoward’ in Johnson’s ‘great exhibition’ texts, says minister

Mail on Sunday:

'Leave us alone to do what we do best': Fury at plan to hand millions to farmers to turn 741,000 acres of land into nature reserves as 'rewilding cult' loved by Carrie's pals the Goldsmith brothers forms centre of shake-up

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Children aged 5 to 11 are now eligible to get the vaccine (if they can find it, there is a supply shortage of the children's doses).

Downes:

Herbert:

Djokovic stay brings spotlight to concerns of asylum seekers detained in Australian hotel (NBC News).

Leak, Son of Leak:

Comedian Tom Ballard. Artists cancel Sydney Festival performances over decision to accept $20,000 from Israeli embassy (ABC).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

What does the "COS." in COAL COS. stand for?