Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Nep-Nep posted:

I think a good place to start would be with the two who were modkilled. Since they were both town if anyone was pushing them there could be scum there.

Looks like nobody voted for Tofu (Presumably because there wasn't a lot of activity to glean any insight)

DRJ got targeted by Gumball (Later rescinded) for existing but not being memorable, and merk (RIP) because DRJ retaliated against Gumball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

LobsterMobster posted:

Looks like nobody voted for Tofu (Presumably because there wasn't a lot of activity to glean any insight)

DRJ got targeted by Gumball (Later rescinded) for existing but not being memorable, and merk (RIP) because DRJ retaliated against Gumball

I like that you went and actually looked!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
So, as the mod said in opening the day, we must vote someone out in order to catch scum. I think it would be good if everyone could start by doing at least one of the following:

-voting for someone
-stating your group of people you are most willing to vote
-stating anyone you are not willing to vote

For my own bullet points, I need to go over the thread again and make sure I've fully taken in all the information available before voting, but for my part I'm not willing to vote gk or mekchu today, I think they're town.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm voting Ilmuchhe because that seems to be the only lead I have.

I'm OK voting for CommonShore, Gumball, & LobsterMobster because I initially felt they were suspicious.

I'm not willing to vote for myself.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Nep-Nep posted:

So, as the mod said in opening the day, we must vote someone out in order to catch scum. I think it would be good if everyone could start by doing at least one of the following:

-voting for someone
-stating your group of people you are most willing to vote
-stating anyone you are not willing to vote

For my own bullet points, I need to go over the thread again and make sure I've fully taken in all the information available before voting, but for my part I'm not willing to vote gk or mekchu today, I think they're town.

don't start by voting for someone, but do state who you want to vote for. I think we've got time before it becomes an issue but dumping a vote immediately in certain situations can leave scum a chance to rush a vote through

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

We've lost 2 watchers and a 2 VT so far, which isn't ideal

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CommonShore posted:

Also that the "Watcher" was voting that way too... yeah.

If it was a cop flip then sure, 100% but why would a "watcher" vote count for anything? You've been giving scum vibes more and more as the posts have racked up

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ilmucche posted:

If it was a cop flip then sure, 100% but why would a "watcher" vote count for anything? You've been giving scum vibes more and more as the posts have racked up

Maybe I misunderstand what kind of info a watcher could get? I just read the description in that post, and it sounds to me as if Carl would have had extra info about who is suspicious.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The most difficult thing I think I, as a player, am facing is my time zone issue meaning like the last portion of discussion I miss entirely because the thread locks by the time I wake up at the wee hours of 11am. So I am very much lost for a portion of the time.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilmucche posted:

We've lost 2 watchers and a 2 VT so far, which isn't ideal

What does VT mean?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CommonShore posted:

Maybe I misunderstand what kind of info a watcher could get? I just read the description in that post, and it sounds to me as if Carl would have had extra info about who is suspicious.

carl picked up watcher from being a backup. N1 when merk got killed carl got merk's watcher ability. since merk and carl both got NKed we have no info on who they watched.

##vote commonshore

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mekchu posted:

What does VT mean?

vanilla town

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

could be sold on a GK vote as well

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ilmucche posted:

carl picked up watcher from being a backup. N1 when merk got killed carl got merk's watcher ability. since merk and carl both got NKed we have no info on who they watched.

##vote commonshore

maf edit: Not merk, DRJ's watcher ability. We could've gotten DRJ's info, but they barely posted day 2 so we have nothing

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilmucche posted:

could be sold on a GK vote as well

Why do you think GK is sus?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mekchu posted:

Why do you think GK is sus?

that's a vibes one more than anything

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I also have a lot of negative vibes from a decent number of people, mostly due to not seeing people post at the hours I'm posting etc. Not sure what else to say tbqh.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mekchu posted:

Yeah I also have a lot of negative vibes from a decent number of people, mostly due to not seeing people post at the hours I'm posting etc. Not sure what else to say tbqh.

never stop posting and yell at people when they don't answer your questions later on. it's better than not posting

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
True.

I want the following people to speak up and say who they think is sus and why:

The Science of Suck, George Kansas, Bluedeanie, TheTofuShop

They've posted the least as far as I can tell.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Still willing to vote for anyone I have voted for previously (SoS, Gumball) and I don't think CommonShore is scum
I will re-read posts today when I get the chance and make a case (work is busy today so it may be a minute but I promise I am not awol.)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Those are some rough deaths. Ilmucche, am I missing something with CommonShore? Why are they scummy over very confused?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mekchu posted:

True.

I want the following people to speak up and say who they think is sus and why:

The Science of Suck, George Kansas, Bluedeanie, TheTofuShop

They've posted the least as far as I can tell.

Tofu is dead, man

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

LobsterMobster posted:

Tofu is dead, man

who are you looking at lobmob, who's cleared and who's not in your mind

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I don't know at this point!

I had minor suspicions that DRJ and Tofu were keeping quiet to fly under the radar (especially DRJ because most of their posts looked like they were trying to deflect), but I think they just got high and forgot to post, living the true Diaz Life.

I'm marginally wary of anyone talking strategies and tactics, but I think Nep is cool

My vibes on Science have lessened as they have posted more.

Just about everyone else, I could easily be convinced of being scum without a lot of fuss.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Actually, reading the thread from the jump again, I'm going with

##vote Common Shore

Early on talked about not understanding the point of the game and asking if scum can talk to each other, but later busts out strategy posts about how votes should have shaken out if people were town or scum.

The first part feels like obfuscation to avoid early suspicion

Also, listed Nate Diaz vs Stun Gun Kim as their favorite Diaz fight, a bout famous for Kim "bitchslapping Nate back to 209"

All told, very untrustworthy

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LobsterMobster posted:

Tofu is dead, man

Dude...No way...what happened?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

classic mistake of Not Enough Posting :(

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:justpost:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also reviewing what you said about Commonshore, I have to slightly agree with that. Its not enough to make me change my vote but you make a decent argument against them.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Oh, sure, pick on the quiet ones. Just over here minding my business, keeping an eye out for scum, and I get called out? Sheesh, at least I wasn't helpful.

##Vote Gumball Gumption

This was DRJ's only vote. Unfortunately it's also a pretty jokey OMGUS vote and the vote did not carry over to Gumball D2, so I don't get the impression this was based on any role activity of theirs and am not able to glean anything else useful out their post history that makes me think they were on to something or witnessed anything, so this wound up being a worst-case role flip :(

I think Lobster reads town.

LobsterMobster posted:

Actually, reading the thread from the jump again, I'm going with

##vote Common Shore

Early on talked about not understanding the point of the game and asking if scum can talk to each other, but later busts out strategy posts about how votes should have shaken out if people were town or scum.

The first part feels like obfuscation to avoid early suspicion

Also, listed Nate Diaz vs Stun Gun Kim as their favorite Diaz fight, a bout famous for Kim "bitchslapping Nate back to 209"

All told, very untrustworthy

I have thought CommonShore reads town too, but Lobster is not wrong to say this, and this is also the crux of my reasoning for my gut vote on SoS. Mr. Shore, wtf???

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
bluedeanie posts but just doesn’t seem to be scumhunting, my suspect #1

lobster mobster’s efforts seem genuine, leaning town

gumball was scummy d1, d2 doesn’t erase that impression

i don’t know what to make of commonshore exactly

i haven’t found anything scummy when i reread nep-nep or gk

and since bluedeanie and gumball probably aren’t the only scum then i think one or both of ilmucche and mekchu are scum as well

did i miss anyone?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Still not really a ton left to go off of, but I will re-read the whole thread today instead of just D2's posts just in case something else jumps out at me.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I was literally confused at the beginning and then I posted a manifesto trying to collate all of the info we have because we're well on the way to losing this game.

Other than Ilmucche, my main suspect is Nep-Nep because Nep-Nep keeps taking something resembling a party line position with Ilmucche, and before that trying to justify going after Gumball "just to get info" even though everyone other than those two acknowledged that the Gumball dogpile was mostly a random thing based on meme posts.

Idk how many scum there are, but my suspects are those two and then the other late votes for Gumball on D1.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CommonShore posted:

I was literally confused at the beginning and then I posted a manifesto trying to collate all of the info we have because we're well on the way to losing this game.

Other than Ilmucche, my main suspect is Nep-Nep because Nep-Nep keeps taking something resembling a party line position with Ilmucche, and before that trying to justify going after Gumball "just to get info" even though everyone other than those two acknowledged that the Gumball dogpile was mostly a random thing based on meme posts.

Idk how many scum there are, but my suspects are those two and then the other late votes for Gumball on D1.

A random vote on day 1 is pretty standard as an idea. Day 2 is a great example of how no lunch days have left us with no info.

How can you complain about late votes onto gumball when you were the one on to put them -1? Either a no-lunch is bad and we should force it through, or dogpiling is bad and you shouldn't have put them to -1, which is it?

Your arguments are going in circles now

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

##vote ilmucche

I think commonshore is onto something, at the least I think their explanation makes sense and that they're just confused and that this isn't scum behavior.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Gumball Gumption posted:

##vote ilmucche

I think commonshore is onto something, at the least I think their explanation makes sense and that they're just confused and that this isn't scum behavior.

if you're town then how do you feel about the contradiction? Why are you okay with commonshore complaining about dogpiling and a late votes onto someone when they were the one to put you to -1?

ilmucche posted:

A random vote on day 1 is pretty standard as an idea. Day 2 is a great example of how no lunch days have left us with no info.

How can (commonshore) complain about late votes onto gumball when you were the one on to put them -1? Either a no-lunch is bad and we should force it through, or dogpiling is bad and you shouldn't have put them to -1, which is it?

Your arguments are going in circles now

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I put gumball on -1 on day 1 because they voted for me

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CommonShore posted:

I put gumball on -1 on day 1 because they voted for me

so the dogpile is bad but dogpiling with an omgus passes. that still looks pretty scummy to me, but i'll table it for later. At least you're posting.

I want to know where nep-nep is with this:

Nep-Nep posted:

If I don't live through the night and science doesn't get hammered consider comparing the lists of votes on science, votes on gumball d1 and seeing if there are people who are on neither. Might be a lurking scum there

and when they come back with their analysis on this:

Nep-Nep posted:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ilmucche posted:

if you're town then how do you feel about the contradiction? Why are you okay with commonshore complaining about dogpiling and a late votes onto someone when they were the one to put you to -1?

Because it was a day 1 dog pile, they explain their reasoning, and it just doesn't ping as a scummy explanation to me. Any and all day 1 lunches are going to be a dog pile and I don't think that fact alone is enough to make it all seem scummy. I don't see the strong contradiction you do. A light tiny one maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Imo what is suspicious more than anything else is the insistence on carrying the dogpile to day 2 just because