Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I'm having difficulty determining what character I'm shooting at sometimes. The red enemy highlight completely obscures what character I'm attacking if they have the same body type. Sojourn and Junkerqueen look very similar when you're fighting a red blob of enemies. I'll see if there's an option to turn down highlights if I can get back into the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Hugoon Chavez posted:

All of the streamers I watch have gotten DC and are staring at the queue, but keep the tinfoil hat on.

it's not unheard of

GGG did it for one league

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/Qwik/status/1577396593153564672?s=20&t=t6GDatEbL_OR2P9166mSUA

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

teagone posted:

Queued for comp, had a leaver on my team 1st match. Feels good to be back.

I'd avoid comp for now. Servers are pretty flakey.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lmao

sure

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
They always say that.

It’s probably true, though.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Blizz being incompetent as usual is the reason

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I was watching the ML7 stream, and you can log into Asia region, and it still tosses you on your local server. I tried it. Works.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

headcase posted:

I was watching the ML7 stream, and you can log into Asia region, and it still tosses you on your local server. I tried it. Works.

how do you go about doing that

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Lister posted:

The official youtube channel put out a video with the most broadly generic, inspirational narration I've ever heard. It honestly sounds like a parody. I have no idea what the gently caress anything in this video is referring to and how it's supposed to relate to this game.

It's really funny that they are still going for the "anything is possible with the power of hope!!" Angle in the ads when any particular match has you back to back with literal supervillans.

"I fight for the people of the world" says Tracer while Reaper and Widowmaker split a baby flambe in the background

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

verbal enema posted:

nvm im very dumb lol

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

DrBox posted:

I'd avoid comp for now. Servers are pretty flakey.

Ehh, I don't really mind. 2nd match had a leaver as well lmao. I told myself to not worry as much about comp this time around. Especially with the new changes.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

verbal enema posted:

The little world icon thing above the "play" button on the launcher.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i've had it discon me two times in the middle of the match to requeue me into a 30k queue. good timessss

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

headcase posted:

The little world icon thing above the "play" button on the launcher.

hell yeah went from the 0 people ahead of me stuck there forever to 200 and im in as i type this!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Mine keeps just going back and forth between "searching for game server" and "game server connection failed" idk if that's normal and I should just wait or what.

oh I finally got a number. Cool.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 4, 2022

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

fired it up to check out the menus and whatnot then left it running in the background while going back to work, and these ambient noises on the main screen sound like i'm surrounded by fester fleas

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Junker Queen owns and is my wife

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

went from 6k in queue to 40k lmao

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

headcase posted:

Worked, thanks.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i had 1000 OW funbux i guess so i unlocked Punker Queen as a consolation for my goddamn Witch Mercy skin being stolen from me

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I got in, looked at the menus and challenges and stuff and then got booted and started getting the error messages. Figure it'll be working better tomorrow.

verbal enema posted:

i had 1000 OW funbux i guess so i unlocked Punker Queen as a consolation for my goddamn Witch Mercy skin being stolen from me

It's a bug in the known issues list (skins in general going missing, not just witch mercy) so will presumably be fixed and you'll get it back.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

thebardyspoon posted:

It's a bug in the known issues list (skins in general going missing, not just witch mercy) so will presumably be fixed and you'll get it back.

hell yeah

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

verbal enema posted:

Junker Queen owns and is my wife

Those abs~!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

DrBox posted:

Those abs~!

yesss

also speaking of junker queen put Geiger and Meri in the game

e: no sukeban skin for Kiriko is nonsense of the utmost highest degree

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 4, 2022

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I wonder if we'll ever get to a point where you can actually play a multiplayer game day of release without all this bullshit.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Lister posted:

The official youtube channel put out a video with the most broadly generic, inspirational narration I've ever heard. It honestly sounds like a parody. I have no idea what the gently caress anything in this video is referring to and how it's supposed to relate to this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHiRgT9skFU

what the actual gently caress is that

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

first it was the rts genre, then arpgs, later on mmos, and now, today, blizzard has applied their famous level of polish to an exciting new genre: cringe content

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Am I losing my mind or is the only way to get nice skins basically to shell out now? No random drops of any kind and a 60 per week cap on coins feels i credibly restrictive coming from OW1.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What happens to all the gold I have saved from OW1?

Also, got into a game, picked a hero, immediately lost, got into another game and got booted out. Not unlike my experience with OW1...

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Fifteen of Many posted:

Am I losing my mind or is the only way to get nice skins basically to shell out now? No random drops of any kind and a 60 per week cap on coins feels i credibly restrictive coming from OW1.

Nope , blizzard has decided now the game is free it's gonna completely shaft you unless you cough up for that pass.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Gonna be interesting to see how they do the event skins. I guess that's where we will really see if they are doubling down on the monetization if they have new event skins that are only purchasable.

Still haven't been able to get into the game even once, hours later.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
just loling over here having no issues lol

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
holy poo poo they fixed roadhog's ult

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

obi_ant posted:

What happens to all the gold I have saved from OW1?

Also, got into a game, picked a hero, immediately lost, got into another game and got booted out. Not unlike my experience with OW1...

It looks like your OW1 credits became "legacy credits" that you can only use to purchase things that are not legendary rarity.

edit: wait I think you can buy legendaries that aren't part of events but that is basically only the OW1 launch skins lol

Phoix fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 4, 2022

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

40k queue? What the hell

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
The asia server trick isn't working for me anymore. Had a 9k queue, got down to 0 then errored.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

verbal enema posted:

you have to unlock heroes now?

:lmao:

my game says "In queue: 0 players ahead of you" but it has said that for 15 minutes now.

this is going to be terrible, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

OW1 players getting Kiriko without grind was all bullshit then I see.

Nice. Nice.

Also cool to see that even people in here are falling for thist traps.