Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
so james wouldnt it be funny if the t-virus was released on accident because the three stooges were slipping the poo poo out of each other in a secret lab and one knocked the virus over

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

so james wouldnt it be funny if the t-virus was released on accident because the three stooges were slipping the poo poo out of each other in a secret lab and one knocked the virus over

lol. that would actually be pretty funny.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wouldn’t it be great if the T-Virus was a tall refreshing bottle of coke.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im a dumbass and turned off the tutorial messages and didnt realize you can charge the electricity gun

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Arrhythmia posted:

it makes more sense than what actually happened which is that a magical singing man made of leeches released the virus

----------------

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

im a dumbass and turned off the tutorial messages and didnt realize you can charge the electricity gun

actually i still dont know how this works. ill come back to this tomorrow lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol now thinking about that video where james and mike played re2 with one of the screenwave guys who wnated to show them a "cool secret" in the original re2 and it turned out to just be the alternate costumes and they couldnt even pretend to give a poo poo

lol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

what're ya buyin? nyuk nyuk nyuk

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Wouldn’t it be great if the T-Virus was a tall refreshing bottle of coke.

they could call the diet version the low t virus :D

----------------

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
dude seriously gently caress this stupid fight

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
ok finally did it. sewers typewriter > gathering chess pieces > william birkin fight is easily the most grueling stretch of game thus far, im glad they dont throw anything else at you between the boss fight and the next typewriter in the lab. this took me like ten tries lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
when i was doing hardcore speedruns i died at that part and to redo everything after the first boss fight lol

----------------

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
bosses with one hit kill mechanics are aids... AIDS

----------------

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Martman posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Martman posted:

lol

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Martman posted:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Martman posted:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

whew, that was a hell of a run

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

thank you capcom

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Joey McChrist posted:

whew, that was a hell of a run

drat, dude, nice lol

one of my finest gaming moments was doing a knife-only, no save run in REmake and at the time I had the broadcasting setting on Steam set up so that anyone could join and watch and by the time I got to the labs I somehow ended up with over 50 people just completely out of the blue watching me make my way through the entire thing

Glad I picked Chris's stoner outfit for it, too

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
remake is so win... invisible enemy mode... real survival mode it kicks so much rear end

----------------

Brimstone Inquiry
Jan 21, 2007

The way I see it, these microtransactions are mainly for console players; PC players, if they really wanted these offerings, could just use cheat engine or, eventually, other mods that influence various factors of the game, right?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Brimstone Inquiry posted:

The way I see it, these microtransactions are mainly for console players; PC players, if they really wanted these offerings, could just use cheat engine or, eventually, other mods that influence various factors of the game, right?

They could, but that’s stealing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

ok finally did it. sewers typewriter > gathering chess pieces > william birkin fight is easily the most grueling stretch of game thus far, im glad they dont throw anything else at you between the boss fight and the next typewriter in the lab. this took me like ten tries lol

Yup, lost many a speedrun to that section, it's rough. There's some more BS in the labs but not nearly as much, you're past the peak of difficulty imo. That fight kinda sucks even when you know what you're doing plus it doesn't take much to just irreparably gently caress up

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Brimstone Inquiry posted:

i would simply show up to Capcom HQ with a comically large bazooka and ask them to give me it all for free

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i once had a good hardcore run going but got distracted during the alligator sequence sending me right back to the start...

----------------

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

Yup, lost many a speedrun to that section, it's rough. There's some more BS in the labs but not nearly as much, you're past the peak of difficulty imo. That fight kinda sucks even when you know what you're doing plus it doesn't take much to just irreparably gently caress up

yeah i played some of the lab tonight and theyre just throwing typewriters at you at this point, way less tense

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
all resident evil games progress in a similar manner interesting scary location like the mansion or police station less interesting location usually a sewer and then the final section usually a lab of some sort that sucks

----------------

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I enjoy the lab locations

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/valencrofts/status/1646140017860038656

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Re4 pro is so much harder than the re2/3 hard difficulties. I’m fighting for my life in the cabin.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The valley section is some extreme bullshit with the one shot dynamite.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Saddler clipped through the floor on his first form and died. I'm on xbox. Lmao.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

all resident evil games progress in a similar manner interesting scary location like the mansion or police station less interesting location usually a sewer and then the final section usually a lab of some sort that sucks

I like the lab in 1 and 2. I don't really like the island in 4. If you put a gun to my head I couldn't name the final locations of 5 and 6. A volcano? China?

The boat in 7 is also lame

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

If you put a gun to my head I couldn't name the final locations of 5 and 6. A volcano? China?

You just did it. Nice work

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I thought the Call of Duty section with Chris in RE8 was pretty wack, same with the boat in RE7

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The only RE game I can think of that broke the trend was Revelations 2 where the areas don't have much variation but everything's pretty decent throughout. There's no part of it that's great, but there's no real dropoff in quality either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

You just did it. Nice work

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)