Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Maed posted:

remember when paypal stole $20k of red cross donations from us? good times. in other news I'm happy to make a proper website for the fund, PM me if interested

Are we sure that was paypal and not, y'know, Lowtax?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miles Blundell
May 7, 2023

by Pragmatica
I thought he posted pictures of their correspondance and stuff on that one but's it's interesting to think that it could have been totally fuckin fake all the way back then lol

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

someone do some textual analysis and see if the CS agent he's supposedly talking to writes like Leonard "J" Crabs

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Siegkrow posted:

Are we sure that was paypal and not, y'know, Lowtax?
honestly, Paypal being a giant piece of poo poo stealing money is very very very on-brand and common. I've even had Paypal steal $$$$ from me and never got it back. In this case, this is the one, and maybe only, instance where Lowtax was the more believable and more trustworthy party in the matter. anyways 'tis best to drop it since it's not good to derail the thread over a dead guy, but with complete sincerity that paypal is well documented to be vastly worse

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Xaris posted:

Anyways 'tis best to drop it since it's not good to derail the thread over a dead guy

Lowtax lives on inside us. Specifically in our bowels.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

the Legends thread in PYF is probably a better place for this conversation

:thanks:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

We got in a request from a Canadian goon who is in need of about $100 USD. If anyone is able to help, please PM me or email us at usgoonfund@gmail dot com

Fulfilled - thanks to the volunteers!!

really queer Christmas has issued a correction as of 23:43 on Aug 21, 2023

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

HELLO.

Do you like DUMB STUFF? Do you like to get dumb stuff in exchange for your donations?!

I have made more STICKERS featuring one of our oldest friends! Proceeds from the sticker sale will go right into the US Goon Fund as a donation. There are only so many stickers available, so the resulting donation will be fairly small, but I think this is a good trial run for any future efforts.

illidan for scale

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1551645647/beyond-the-goat-sea-3-shiny-vinyl

Etsy is the easiest way for me to handle the sticker sales since it easily tracks quantities and helps me with gathering shipping details. It also allows safe and easy returns in case you get the sticker and you decide you hate it!! It does take a small small cut from each sale, but only like ten cents or something.

Each 3" sticker is printed on shiny, waterproof vinyl, is backed with solid adhesive, and is guaranteed to last. Worried that someone will recognize the design and realize you're carrying a giant gaping anus on your stuff? It's pretty much not gonna happen. I've worn t-shirts in the wild with the design, and literally nobody has ever stopped me to ask if I know about goatse. It flies under the radar. If you know, you know. If you don't, why and how are you registered on these forums?

NOTE: I didn't ask for any gosh darn permission to do this little fundraiser from the fund operators, so if you really, truly hate this whole thing, please contact me and not them!! While I do hope this is an okay thing to do, I will take down the links if requested.

xoxoxo help your fellow goons

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Grateful for the goon fund

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I made a request for $150 but only $80 is needed urgently. The rest can come after the deadline I gave.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

my cat is norris posted:

HELLO.

Do you like DUMB STUFF? Do you like to get dumb stuff in exchange for your donations?!

I have made more STICKERS featuring one of our oldest friends! Proceeds from the sticker sale will go right into the US Goon Fund as a donation. There are only so many stickers available, so the resulting donation will be fairly small, but I think this is a good trial run for any future efforts.

illidan for scale

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1551645647/beyond-the-goat-sea-3-shiny-vinyl

I love this! I hope you sell out!
I continue to greatly appreciate The US Goon Fund

vortmax has issued a correction as of 01:22 on Aug 25, 2023

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Do you have one in rainbow foil

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Heath posted:

Do you have one in rainbow foil

Not yet but maybe someday!

So as not to poo poo post too much in this thread, here's my SA-Mart thread where I can post more freely about requests and plans: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4023574

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

This is in reply to email I sent about 5 hours ago asking for an update after 2 weeks of silence on their end. I feel like an idiot for not following up with them sooner since its very clear they just forgot, but last time I contacted them they seemed to admonish me for not having patience with them. Whatever, this lifts a tremendous stress off us now. We currently have $2,300 sitting with stripe that we should have by Tuesday, maybe Wednesday. If you have a request pending with us and your deadline is before then, please let us know if it can wait a couple days since we are running on fumes right now. Some requests with deadlines before we get the funds may also only get partials with more money coming later in the week.

A massive shout out to the couple of people who donated about $3000 to us through venmo during August who basically kept us from having to pause all payments after Stripe cut us off.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

this was pretty stressful to say the least so we are glad money is going to the bank account again

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Stickers that have been purchased thus far will be going into the mail tomorrow. Be on the lookout for a card with your name on it!

Thanks to your purchases, we've raised $76.11 as a donation to the US Goon Fund thus far.

Thank you to all -- 12 stickers remain available at the time of posting.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Is there a user portal for the stripe donations? Like to manage cards on file, amount, date, etc.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Skyl3lazer posted:

Is there a user portal for the stripe donations? Like to manage cards on file, amount, date, etc.

There is a portal we can use as Stripe admins to see and manage all of that. From a donor standpoint Stripe will email you receipts but you have to message one of us fund operator people if you want to get anything more detailed than that. We have talked about building a simple interface for donors to use to manage their donations directly and that would be nice to have, but it's not super critical right now because we have a small enough number of donors that we can operate it by simple requests atm.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Etsy paid out today, so I turned the sticker sales into a $100 donation to the fund. Thank you to those who purchased and have helped out!

Extra shout-outs to a few people who, on the side, received some different stickers from me in exchange for donations. The system works! You get dumb poo poo, goons get helped, hooray!

I still have 10 stickers in stock so please check my other posts in this thread for any links if you are interested.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I had to take my old lady cat (she's 10) to the vet today for a UTI and because Goon Fund helped me earlier this month with other expenses I was able to cover the bill (with a little help from local friends). Thanks for helping my fuzzy baby in a roundabout way!

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Thank you GoonFund for helping me juggle things a little easier this month.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
my buddy and comrade got his car impounded pls donate

quote:

Thanks everyone for the birthday posts. Now please back them up by donating via PayPal, cashapp, or Venmo to help me free my car from the impound lot.
(I wasn’t doing any crimes, the car was impounded from my driveway because I refuse the statist-pig licensisng system)

ls editing out the image embed

Somebody has issued a correction as of 16:47 on Sep 7, 2023

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

sounds like his car is going to get impounded again if he refuses to register it?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Why is the first one spelled differently from the rest

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

It’s good to register your car

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

War and Pieces posted:

god damned statist-pigs

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

War and Pieces posted:

lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

War and Pieces posted:

not what this thread is for and your friend sounds like a dumbass. buy hiim an account however.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Another $25 donated thanks to the sticker sales. Thanks to everyone who purchased. There will be more stickers in the near future. I like making stickers and I like goons getting help, so this is fun for me.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

lobster shirt posted:

not what this thread is for and your friend sounds like a dumbass. buy hiim an account however.

oh gently caress i forgot to say that he is a single father i was hoping for pity points

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

War and Pieces posted:

oh gently caress i forgot to say that he is a single father i was hoping for pity points

shut up.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
EDIT: I don't even know what loving forum I'm in...

Somebody has issued a correction as of 17:14 on Sep 7, 2023

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

:dafuq:

based on your post history, maybe you don't actually know what forum you're in right now

Crusty Nutsack has issued a correction as of 17:15 on Sep 7, 2023

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Crusty Nutsack posted:

:dafuq:

based on your post history, maybe you don't actually know what forum you're in right now

I THOUGHT IT WAS THE OTHER THREAD FOR THIS FUND

(Can I bribe you with another donation to nuke that post?)

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Crescent Wrench posted:

I THOUGHT IT WAS THE OTHER THREAD FOR THIS FUND

(Can I bribe you with another donation to nuke that post?)

yes

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

As penance for my posting sins...

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Crescent Wrench posted:

As penance for my posting sins...

:tipshat:

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Just doing my part!

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I'm auctioning off an extremely rare Turdo that the watch thread group bought last year, and the winning amount will go directly to the fund if anyone is interested. Good luck!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4041653

sleppy posted:

You will be bidding on a used, first edition, genuine Turdo along with all the original packaging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I have no intention of bidding on the watch but I will, however, say, "Turdo"