Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Austin S posted:

They just need to add bouncy castles to each map

Good news: You can take a big inflatable cushion that acts as an on demand bounce pad as one of your two gadgets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Austin S posted:

I thought First Class Trouble was going to be a solid spiritual successor to The Ship until I read about proximity based voice chat as a "feature" and welp

That's pretty common for these kinds of social deception games. You need some way to get people to follow you into a back room so you can suck their brains out, unless it's like Among Us where the top down view allows killers to easily see where everyone in their vicinity is.

VVV In real life you can just directly tell them you're going to suck them dry and at least 20% of the population will follow you anywhere.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Sep 15, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

CuddleCryptid posted:

You need some way to get people to follow you into a back room so you can suck their brains out,

TBF real life is like this too

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Tiny Myers posted:

Like Mix said it's on the roadmap and they actually just announced information about private lobbies today! It's a hotly requested feature :) TLDR: Open beta this month, release next month.

https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/deceive-inc-private-lobbies-beta-brief.2339836/

I'd assume the limit will be around 12 players, the max for a single game, with no lower limit, but I don't know for sure.

I have pitched the idea to my group of friend as a the next game/game we will turn to when DbD is a bit much

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

God drat do I hate map offerings. Say what you will about flashlights, but realm control is the ultimate tool for the bully SWF.

"After a long day at work I think I'll play some DBD. Oh, killer has the bribe. Here we go." First game the survivors burned a Garden of Joy offering. Second game, Eyrie. Third game, another Garden of Joy. I CTRL+ALT+DELed out of the program while the third game was loading.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Obviously it'd be better if maps were balanced but that's never happening so they could at least make new versions of maps that are sided the other way to even out the odds on an offering. Dark and empty Eyrie. Tiny Borgo. Goodham. Big Midwich.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Devs are like "Best I can do is 8 versions of Badham"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I didn't realize until right now that Wesker has a 40m terror radius as opposed to the standard 32m :shepface: I wasn't trying to be stealthy but drat that explains a lot

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Danaru posted:

I didn't realize until right now that Wesker has a 40m terror radius as opposed to the standard 32m :shepface: I wasn't trying to be stealthy but drat that explains a lot

Yup, that's why Terror Radius perks work so well on him. I run Trail of Torment or Tinkerer on him from time to time, it's hilarious when you bound over to a gen and snatch someone before they even know you're there heh.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

curiousTerminal posted:

Obviously it'd be better if maps were balanced but that's never happening so they could at least make new versions of maps that are sided the other way to even out the odds on an offering. Dark and empty Eyrie. Tiny Borgo. Goodham. Big Midwich.
Burst out laughing at "goodham"

Danaru posted:

Lmao yeah. It can work in your favor! I made this meme when he came out:

I believe Distressing gives him a TR slightly over 50 meters.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
That's way better than my idea, my first thought was to pop on Distressing and combine it with Coulrophobia and Unnerving Presence to make everyone mad.

If I stand in the middle of Grave of Glendale, my TR would cover the whole map lmao

E: ^^^ oh man I usually sleep on scourge hook perks, but that's too rude to pass up

Danaru fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 16, 2023

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

People for sure do that, plus Sloppy Butcher.. It's dumb in the Meat Plant as well.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I still vividly remember loading into a match against Wesker and having terror radius already playing while the camera was circling my character during the initial fade-in.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Tiny Myers posted:

Burst out laughing at "goodham"

Lmao yeah. It can work in your favor! I made this meme when he came out:

I believe Distressing gives him a TR slightly over 50 meters.

It does seem nicer than my Lethal Pursuit build that I run in custom so I'll probably try some other time

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I'm trying to get back into Dead by Daylight after a few years off (last stopped playing in April 2021), so I'm a bit rusty. It seems like the matchmaking is better now so I'm not always against Level 100 sweaty griefers, so that's good.

Did they nerf BBQ and Chili? I remember it giving extra bloodpoints or something but it seems different now.

Also, does Whisper activate in front of a survivor on a hook or is it still useful for knowing if another survivor is nearby about to attempt a save? I have a feeling the hooked survivor "masks" over any other nearby survivor, but I dunno.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I'm trying to get back into Dead by Daylight after a few years off (last stopped playing in April 2021), so I'm a bit rusty. It seems like the matchmaking is better now so I'm not always against Level 100 sweaty griefers, so that's good.

Did they nerf BBQ and Chili? I remember it giving extra bloodpoints or something but it seems different now.

Also, does Whisper activate in front of a survivor on a hook or is it still useful for knowing if another survivor is nearby about to attempt a save? I have a feeling the hooked survivor "masks" over any other nearby survivor, but I dunno.

They took the BP bonus off of BBQ&Chilli yes, but the BP grind in general has been made a lot more manageable - bloodwebs are much cheaper than before, prestiging no longer costs you your perks and items, unlocking teachable skills now automatically grants them to every killer/surv instead of just putting them into the perk pool and there are BP incentives for playing the role that's lower population.

You are correct in how whispers works - hooked survivors count, so it turning off and telling you where survivors aren't tends to be the more useful info

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Blasmeister posted:

They took the BP bonus off of BBQ&Chilli yes, but the BP grind in general has been made a lot more manageable - bloodwebs are much cheaper than before, prestiging no longer costs you your perks and items, unlocking teachable skills now automatically grants them to every killer/surv instead of just putting them into the perk pool and there are BP incentives for playing the role that's lower population.

You are correct in how whispers works - hooked survivors count, so it turning off and telling you where survivors aren't tends to be the more useful info

Thanks.

Also I think they changed how post-match announcements are delivered. They now slap rift track progress etc over the chat menu which is really annoying since I can't even type GG after a match and people leave quickly as it is.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

For specific numbers on the BP grind reduction: They increased the cap per category in matches to 10k, for a maximum of 40k points per game, reduced the price of every rarity in the bloodweb by roughly 30% (so brown went form 3k to 2k per node), and tied teachables into prestiging characters, P1 = yellow auto-unlocked on everyone, P2 is green, P3 is purple.
This effectively adds up to about 1 million BP per prestige level (down from 1.2) but that prestige removes the requirement to fish from other bloodwebs. Taking Xenomorph from P0 to P3 requires 3 million BP, but since you don't need to unlock her perks on anyone else anymore anymore that can save you 1 million BP just on perk nodes alone, let alone the paths between them.

Since the BP grind was reduced to linearly adding 3 mil per character instead of increasing it exponentially, they took the BP bonuses away from pretty much every perk that was actually used for this purpose (BBQ, WGLF, Prove Thyself) and have phased out meme addons. The reason behind this is supposedly "to remove bloodpoints as a factor in perk choice" for balance purposes but frankly I think that's a load of hogwash since the grind is what keeps people playing the game for 4k hours.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Also I think they changed how post-match announcements are delivered. They now slap rift track progress etc over the chat menu which is really annoying since I can't even type GG after a match and people leave quickly as it is.

This is indeed super annoying but if your post match chat window isn't minimized you can just press space to instantly start typing in it instead of waiting for the archive window to go away.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Do all survivors automatically get a shield boost immediately after being unhooked? Or is that still a perk thing? I'd like to be able to calculate when to swing to avoid wasting my shot or tracking the wrong person. Still feels a bit metagame-y but what can you do. :shrug:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Do all survivors automatically get a shield boost immediately after being unhooked? Or is that still a perk thing? I'd like to be able to calculate when to swing to avoid wasting my shot or tracking the wrong person. Still feels a bit metagame-y but what can you do. :shrug:

Yep, they added a base kit version of Borrowed Time. So when someone is unhooked they get 10s of Endurance and speed. This is probably the best change they've made since I started playing, and I say that as a killer main.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Also Dead Hard is way harder to use now so you'll see it way less and it's less bullshit when you do. Decisive Strike is basically dead, some people run it but it's very rare, it got nerfed hard.

In exchange there's a perk that gives survivors a permanent 3% speed boost while injured and I wish I was joking. At least it might be nerfed soon now that they've gotten enough dlc sales from it.

The BP grind is definitely way better overall, you don't lose items from prestiging anymore and can do so freely, and you have a button to auto unlock poo poo in the bloodweb for characters who have been prestiged at least once to go through it faster :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tiny Myers posted:

you have a button to auto unlock poo poo in the bloodweb for characters who have been prestiged at least once to go through it faster :)

I really wish they'd make it so that button was unlocked once you prestiged ONE character. It's annoying as gently caress to do the first bloodweb on a new character.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
From looking at the wiki, basically Dead Hard and DS can only be used after being unhooked and once used are gone for the rest of the match? As opposed to before when survivors could use it whenever indefinitely? Is that right?

Any other notable changes I should be aware of? Either way, the game feels less agonizing to play than it did in 2021 as a killer main. Even with the people that try to bait me by teabagging behind a pallet, I just break off and focus down the weaker links in their team. One person trying to get a rise out of me can't get much done if their other 3 teammates are getting downed and hooked.

Incidentally, I've also played quite a bit more of Texas Hold 'em poker since then, so I feel like I've gotten better at reading intentions and short-term predictions which has helped with winning DbD matches.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

From looking at the wiki, basically Dead Hard and DS can only be used after being unhooked and once used are gone for the rest of the match? As opposed to before when survivors could use it whenever indefinitely? Is that right?

Any other notable changes I should be aware of? Either way, the game feels less agonizing to play than it did in 2021 as a killer main. Even with the people that try to bait me by teabagging behind a pallet, I just break off and focus down the weaker links in their team. One person trying to get a rise out of me can't get much done if their other 3 teammates are getting downed and hooked.

Incidentally, I've also played quite a bit more of Texas Hold 'em poker since then, so I feel like I've gotten better at reading intentions and short-term predictions which has helped with winning DbD matches.

DS is the same functionally as it was before, one use and it's done - but the stun duration was reduced which makes it pretty much useless. It also is disabled in endgame which is where it was mostly abused before.

Dead Hard can be used twice per match technically, once after each unhook.

I'd recommend looking at Otzdarva's stuff, he's the gold standard in info. Sometimes too much info. But hey, if you have 9 hours to kill he has a few videos that long!

https://otzdarva.com/

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Considering that teachable perks are given upon prestige now, what's the point of the Shrine of Secrets now? Is it just providing a shortcut to specific perks that happen to be up versus having to prestige other characters? I think before it used to be reliant on having it pop up in the bloodmap of X character first before it could show up on the bloodmap of Y character later.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
You can still get perks from the Shrine for characters you don't own.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Nikumatic posted:

Something I learned multiple times after buying a killer and then their perk shows up in the shrine shortly after.

Yeah yeah "don't buy non-licensed killers" but I'm not a patient guy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nikumatic posted:

King Vidiot posted:

Something I learned multiple times after buying a killer and then their perk shows up in the shrine shortly after.

Yeah yeah "don't buy non-licensed killers" but I'm not a patient guy.

Yeah that's the primary reason. You can also trade 2000 shards for 100,000 bloodpoints if you're desperate for BPs and have more shards than you can count, but that's a terrible trade off in my opinion.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The few times I've seen people run Dead Hard lately they've been using it to rush right at me for the endurance hit, and I respect it because it feels like they're parrying my knife, which owns

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Danaru posted:

The few times I've seen people run Dead Hard lately they've been using it to rush right at me for the endurance hit, and I respect it because it feels like they're parrying my knife, which owns

It's still a fantastic perk, just very limited. I went back to using it instead of Sprint Burst or Lithe until Made For This came out, now that's my Exhaustion perk (yes, yes, doesn't cause exhaustion but can't be used with it).

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Killers received a round of buffs to things like gen kick and pallet kick speed. Gen kicks now provide 4% regression even without any perks, so they're not as worthless. A lot of perks have received reworks on both sides making them less (or more, but mostly less) useless. Overcharge is a good example. There's a link to the perks page on the wiki in the first post I think.

DC bots are in so if someone dcs they're replaced by a bot who can either be a huge idiot or an input-reading god depending on your killer. Haddonfield was reworked and is now not an act of war to bring an offering for. Trapper and Legion got reworks, Trapper still sucks though. Spirit was nerfed significantly but her best addons are still pretty op. Nurse and Blight are still the best at high ranks.

Boon totems are a thing. If you hear a crack of thunder that means a survivor booned a totem, which is like a survivor hex perk - in a short radius around that totem, survivors gain a buff depending on the perk. If you find the totem you can snuff it out but they can apply the boon again, including to that same totem. Thankfully you dodged the worst of boon meta so don't worry much about them, they tend to waste survivor time more than anything, but some effects are a little annoying so worth familiarizing yourself.

Stranger Things DLC was removed (Netflix sucks) but you can still play those characters if you have it. The Hawkins map was unfortunately removed for good.

Old Keys are dead. No more opening hatch and letting 3 survivors escape. Hatch now only spawns when 1 person is left in the game.

Also, dead hard no longer grants distance. It lets you parry an attack and get Deep Wound/Exhaustion from it, but that's it. No more dead hards to reach pallets, and the timing is way tighter.

Brand New Parts just got nerfed. I think syringe also got nerfed a bit but I don't remember?

Survivors can install effects on gens now, like putting a little mine on top that blows up when you kick it. It'll blind you and waste a couple seconds but is otherwise harmless. It's called Blast Mine. They can do the same to pallets with a new perk from the Alien DLC and it'll slow you very briefly.

There's also a perk called Flashbang that lets you craft Flashbangs. They will blind the killer at short range but have a delay and are super easy to just look up and avoid the blind in addition to the placement being super tricky so they will fail to do anything in 95% of instances. They are extremely funny, god bless Flashbang.

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 16, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I would recommend reading the patch notes from the major perk overhaul last summer. I think something like 45 perks got changed. If there's certain specific ones you like feel free to ask about them.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Well I don't think anyone needs to worry too much about TCM being the next big thing. The updates they are releasing are anemic as hell, the PC population is already down 70% of what it was, and the core gameplay is already extremely stale.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Tiny Myers posted:

I think syringe also got nerfed a bit but I don't remember?

The time between using it and the heal taking place was increased to match the new, longer, self heal time.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Does uh, anyone know why I don't have a node here to continue to level three of the tome

E: I fuckin saw it the second I posted it god dammit

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Danaru posted:

Does uh, anyone know why I don't have a node here to continue to level three of the tome

E: I fuckin saw it the second I posted it god dammit

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Thanks for the effort post, I appreciate it. :)

I've noticed that flashlights have been temporarily removed. I guess the devs finally wised up and realized how annoying as poo poo constant flashlight flicking was.

As for flashbangs and mines, you basically look up instead of down a la flashlights? Also is there any way to detect that a gen has a mine put on it? Should you kick it anyway for the regression or just ignore it?

Also, something I find really annoying on Wraith is that I'll hear the "ding dong" and let go of the right mouse button thinking the cloak/decloak is done, but no - since I didn't look down at the meter to see it fully complete I just wasted my proc time and a potential swing. Same goes for kicking a gen. You'd think that in a game with a heavy emphasis on the auditory clues you could know when to let go of the mouse button or space bar by hearing alone, but apparently not. Seems like an arbitrary distinction to me.

E: also I see a New Moon Bouquet item in my inventory for posterity that's long since been deactivated. Does anyone remember why those darkness items were taken out of the game?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 17, 2023

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

really israel could slaughter all these children without our help, I just didn't want to miss out on the chance to participate
drat, I am incredibly hooked on TCM. Having way more fun with it, more reliably, than I did ever did with DBD and I was hooked on DBD for a long time.

It's got so much going for it, but I honestly don't know if it will have legs. Despite the good stuff, the devs seem to be an even bigger combination of morons and assholes who have never tried playing their own games than the DBD devs are, and I get the feeling the technically competent devs must not be on the project anymore considering they haven't fixed even one of the common bugs yet to my knowledge. Also, the game clearly doesn't play like they want/expect it to, which is probably for the best, but it makes its strengths feel almost accidental.

Not being able to play with console friends sucks, though, and the PC hacking stuff is only so common because they released, from what I understand, a version with literally no anti cheat at all? And their reporting system is broken so lol

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

GlyphGryph posted:

drat, I am incredibly hooked on TCM. Having way more fun with it, more reliably, than I did ever did with DBD and I was hooked on DBD for a long time.

It's got so much going for it, but I honestly don't know if it will have legs. Despite the good stuff, the devs seem to be an even bigger combination of morons and assholes who have never tried playing their own games than the DBD devs are, and I get the feeling the technically competent devs must not be on the project anymore considering they haven't fixed even one of the common bugs yet to my knowledge. Also, the game clearly doesn't play like they want/expect it to, which is probably for the best, but it makes its strengths feel almost accidental.

Not being able to play with console friends sucks, though, and the PC hacking stuff is only so common because they released, from what I understand, a version with literally no anti cheat at all? And their reporting system is broken so lol

Just curious, what level are you and what side do you play more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I've noticed that flashlights have been temporarily removed. I guess the devs finally wised up and realized how annoying as poo poo constant flashlight flicking was.

There's currently a bug that allows survivors to clip inside the model of the locker without "entering" it which makes them invincible completely. (except to pyramid head and artist) So flashlights and the perks that let you get them are disabled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KdCnizywJ8
(this video was used in a report i sent to bhvr)

They did however reduce the speed at which you can click the flashlight because it was legit dangerous if epileptic people got cicada'd.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

As for flashbangs and mines, you basically look up instead of down a la flashlights? Also is there any way to detect that a gen has a mine put on it? Should you kick it anyway for the regression or just ignore it?

Generators with a blast mine on them have a visual cue for other survivors only - there's a little flashbang on top of it that smokes and the gen glows yellow. Killers see none of these indicators.
Avoiding a flashbang blind doesn't work via up/down, the blast can still get you even if you're looking straight up - It's best to try and look ENTIRELY away from where the survivor was when you heard the little "tchk!" of them dropping it.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

E: also I see a New Moon Bouquet item in my inventory for posterity that's long since been deactivated. Does anyone remember why those darkness items were taken out of the game?

I wasn't around for those but I think it was partially to address Blendette Gaming, and for them to have more control over the lighting on maps in general.