Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I actually thought they'd blown the feud to the point that I wouldn't give a poo poo, but that match was really a perfect summation of everything and found a way to put the belt on Elgin that didn't flame out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I actually thought they'd blown the feud to the point that I wouldn't give a poo poo, but that match was really a perfect summation of everything and found a way to put the belt on Elgin that didn't flame out.

In a way it was really predictable in the sense they hit really obvious points: the count out nearfall ROH loves in big matches, the interference, the BIG false finish, a Cole false finish, MsChif, but they did it in a way that kept you from thinking about it too much and when it happened it felt fresh and logical, because it was logical. When they did the Elgin bomb nearfall I didn't think it was a finish but when the crowd threw streamers I thought "Wait, did he not kick out?!" everything from there was tits.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
The best part of the night was when the Briscoes stole Nick Searcy's Peabody and then Mark did a Froggy Bow to Nick Searcy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bard Maddox posted:

The best part of the night was when the Briscoes stole Nick Searcy's Peabody and then Mark did a Froggy Bow to Nick Searcy.

The best part was when I thought they were going to give Peabody Award Winning Actor Nick Searcy the Doomsday Device.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I assume the forums went down because everyone raced here to talk about the greatness of Moose?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Observer Ratings

Six man - ***1/2
Lethal vs. Taven - ***
Alexander vs. Strong - ***
Briscoes vs. Bennett/Hardy - ***3/4
Steen vs. Young - ***
Red Dragon vs. Daniels/Kaz - ***1/2
Elgin vs. Cole - ****

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I agree with just about all of those. Crowd really tanked the middle of the card, though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oldskool posted:

I agree with just about all of those. Crowd really tanked the middle of the card, though.

It was really hot in the building, mostly because Moose was there.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Mooseamania running wild

I lost my poo poo at that nearfall in the main event. Like all the people throwing streamers, I totally bought it as a finish.

Rest of the card was fine, but nothing special. Briscoes match had some fun highspots. reDRagon vs BI was good by the end, but the start felt clunky. If they had a hot crowd I'd probably be more into it.

I guess what I'm saying is I agree with Big Dave.

What did people think of the presentation? I thought it looked better than your average show, the blue lighting helped make it not look like a dirty dark warehouse. The big screen was an interesting touch, it'll be better for the next PPV if/when they have entrance videos for more guys. Hopefully they keep improving though, they still have a ways to go.

Edit: Oh and I'm seriously baffled as to why they threw Moose out there. Does he have some incredible charisma backstage and then just froze in front of the camera? Is he some athlete we are suppose to recognize?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Mooseamania running wild

Edit: Oh and I'm seriously baffled as to why they threw Moose out there. Does he have some incredible charisma backstage and then just froze in front of the camera? Is he some athlete we are suppose to recognize?

He was a legit NFL player for several years (played 61 games, started 20), but hardly a famous one and they're not even using his real name.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

That flux compacitor was hideous. Never try it again Frankie :smith:

Between the New Japan shows and this show, reDRagon sucked me back into roh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm currently watching this.... I keep thinking the ring mat is going to collapse beneath them, it looks so loose! :ohdear:

• Locked thread