Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Cub has such good head movement. When you rewatch this, check out 2:51 of round 2. Don`t know how he does it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Count Roland posted:

Swanson looks amazing. He'll get the KO in a couple rounds at this rate. Lets see if Stephens can respond.

I say this and now Stephens can't miss with his right hand.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

-Atom- posted:

more weird rear end kicks, please

Wish granted

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Pro cage grab

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Stephens still mainly just wings hooks, but man they're crisper than I remember.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
19-19 imo

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Is anyone else hearing loving bird calls on the broadcast?

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Careful cub, beautiful destruction works both ways when you charge forward like that

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
It just occurred to me that I've been thinking Cruickshank and Stephans are the same people

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Stephens is a hard motherfucker, most guys would have been out at some point during that barrage

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Count Roland posted:

Is anyone else hearing loving bird calls on the broadcast?

Crowd making all sorts of weird noises

At least Kelvin wont have to worry about his FOTN money after this main it's been really good

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Dana posted that he heard from the production van that Stephans may have broke his hand

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

fatherdog posted:

Stephens is a hard motherfucker,

my exact thoughts

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

loving hell that kick.

Stephens corner is saying that when Cub switches stance to throw that kick, to use a 3-2 to get him out of the stance. Interesting, specific advice.

Stimulus
Mar 25, 2005

Count Roland posted:

loving hell that kick.

Stephens corner is saying that when Cub switches stance to throw that kick, to use a 3-2 to get him out of the stance. Interesting, specific advice.

hard to see how low-alcohol beer can benefit him in this fight, but we'll see how it works out cotton

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Cub defending that takedown was dope

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

-Atom- posted:

Cub defending that takedown was dope

yup

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Am I the only one who has it even? I gave the first two to Stephens.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"I thought we had one more?"

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

attackmole posted:

I have it 3-1 Cub but could see it your way.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

The first I gave Cub easily.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

attackmole posted:

Am I the only one who has it even?

yes.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Round six is gonna be great

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

attackmole posted:

3-1

Cub won the first imo

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

"I thought we had one more?"

That's amazing, I hope that means Cub has plenty of gas left.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Cub going loving HAM and it is r. a. d.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I'm kind of frustrated by how Cub has put Stephens in danger twice with body kicks, and both times he immediately goes to the head while Stephens recovers. Maybe I'm dumb but it seems like if he'd hit the body and then kept at it instead of hunting for the big KO he'd have been able to finish.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Well, they're getting paid.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Great fight

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Hot drat, great fight, great last round, great techniques. Glad I watched this.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

good fight. cub 49-46 imo

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EvanSchenck posted:

I'm kind of frustrated by how Cub has put Stephens in danger twice with body kicks, and both times he immediately goes to the head while Stephens recovers. Maybe I'm dumb but it seems like if he'd hit the body and then kept at it instead of hunting for the big KO he'd have been able to finish.

Part of the reason you hit someone in the body is so they are forced to protect their body and not their head. So, yes you are dumb.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Pretty cool fight.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
That was great

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
yo fatherdog, what's your general thought on this version of Cub we're getting? I remember you once making a comment how his resurgence was kind of perplexing

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

EvanSchenck posted:

I yell at guys all the time for this, through my screen. So many guys head-hunt when their opponent is hurt and leaning against the cage. The Diaz bros are pros at going to the body during these flurries, and it works great.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

-Atom- posted:

yo fatherdog, what's your general thought on this version of Cub we're getting? I remember you once making a comment how his resurgence was kind of perplexing

He not only got way better after the WEC, but he's also continued to improve fight by fight, which for a guy who's 30 and has been fighting for 10 years is pretty genuinely unusual.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Stephens giving back with the Wounded Warrior project (after catching a felony for assaulting a soldier)

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Part of the reason you hit someone in the body is so they are forced to protect their body and not their head. So, yes you are dumb.

Except Stephens moved to guard his body like 4 times in the whole fight. He absolutely could have mixed in body shots to great effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRBass
Apr 25, 2008
drugs... its always drugs

• Locked thread