Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Wait, poo poo, I was almost tricked into caring about this game.

So close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Asiina was modkilled (for being irrelevant at this point in the game, you're still awesome). She was a Jester.

It now takes 2 votes to lynch.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Vote strong mouse and I will vote with you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
What, rude.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
##vote Somber

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Somberbrero was lynched...

...he was a Guard.

EKAKT Science pulls out a single shot pistol and hits Strong Mouse between the eyes. Strong Mouse, the King, was killed.

The Assassin wins! :toot:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##kill Strong Mouse

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Well....

That was something...

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Awww, dammit, Met :argh:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Flawless Assassin game. Wild.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Good game, everybody!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Strong Mouse, you tried way too hard in your D1 posting.

And this is coming from someone who pretended she hadn't read her role PM.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jesus, people were bad in this game.

Met, I think the problem with this setup is that there's no incentive for good guys to play. As blacknyte said, we could have started by picking someone at random and lynching at random and had a 12 in 13 chance of winning, whereas any attempt to win through skill reduced our odds.

I actually have a similar setup that I'm going to run now this is done. The main differences are that there is a scum team who also have an incentive to find the Assassin, and the King is hidden at the start of the game.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Jedit posted:

Met, I think the problem with this setup is that there's no incentive for good guys to play. As blacknyte said, we could have started by picking someone at random and lynching at random and had a 12 in 13 chance of winning, whereas any attempt to win through skill reduced our odds.

This has been addressed in my next version of the game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Thanks for running it, Met!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Shout-Out to Jedit, who was evidently the only one who thought I was suspicious for the entire duration of the game:

Jedit posted:

I think Dragonatrix's post was weird but honest. I also think the assassin is one of the people voting for him right now. Kumba especially reads like he's fishing for a response. EXAKT and Mushroom were quick to hop on the Pig bandwagon too, which would be sensible for the assassin as he doesn't want to vote for anyone without at least one vote and preferably two, but I prefer Kumba.

##vote Kumba

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

Jesus, people were bad in this game.

I actually have a similar setup that I'm going to run now this is done. The main differences are that there is a scum team who also have an incentive to find the Assassin, and the King is hidden at the start of the game.

As I said a few pages back, I think a lights out or day/night system where information is given away about the king would be interesting and useful. There has to be some reason for the guards to look for the assassin.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
FWIW I think it's the right choice to never change the game rules as it's ongoing~

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yeah, like the premise of a sort-of role reversal from what we traditionally expect of a Mafia game is a cool one that could work well. Problem here was the implementation more than anything else.

And since it was jokingly suggested before, what would have happened if the King got lynched? The Assassin's win condition was that they had to kill the King and all, so if they died before that could've happened would they have just lost on the spot?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Semantics. The Assassin would have been given the victory.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Dragonatrix posted:

And since it was jokingly suggested before, what would have happened if the King got lynched? The Assassin's win condition was that they had to kill the King and all, so if they died before that could've happened would they have just lost on the spot?

This was the first thing I asked when I got my role PM :v:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
drat. Well that was fun anyway, thanks Met!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It was fun to see something different tried out, even if it wasn't perfect. I appreciate everyone who played the game. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Had an interesting time, thanks met.

• Locked thread