Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruc
May 30, 2006
That assumes you have a friend who would be willing to play 10 games as a hacker though (it's good money but boring as hell). The low pop Hotwire server thing is not fun but with boosts you can get your 10 rep 4s in an hour and a half or so. If I end up doing another syndicate assignment though, I will just wait 'til I get rep 3 and ask a friend to swap to hacker real quick to boost me that last level rather than going through the headache of doing it the other ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Getting RPGs from cars is pretty awesome. I wish I bought this upgrade earlier. The only problem is pubbies don't seem to understand that I want to grab one before getting into their car, so I end up being stranded quite often.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Mill Village posted:

Getting RPGs from cars is pretty awesome. I wish I bought this upgrade earlier. The only problem is pubbies don't seem to understand that I want to grab one before getting into their car, so I end up being stranded quite often.

I bought that upgrade, but I haven't managed to get one from a car. It only ever prompts me to get in the car. Also, seems like you can't upgrade the van? That's a shame...

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Pubbies continue to be so bad at these games, it's mesmerizing. I can't count how many Hotwire games I've joined where my team was about 200 tickets AHEAD when I join and we end up losing by about 100 tickets. Like...what? :psyduck:

Bruc
May 30, 2006
People are so unbelievably dumb in Hotwire that is is kinda insane. So many times I will pop into an objective car and will have someone whiff an RPG at us or a bunch of people will start shooting and their response is to slam on the brakes/get out and start shooting/turn the car around when they could easily just escape, or will be riding in a non-objective car with an RPG or something and have the person actively avoid all enemy objective cars. It's a really simple and dumb game mode but somehow most people playing it do not understand it at all, although I do understand the reluctance to drive at times with all the explosive spam rather than hunting people down. It's also astounding how bad most people seem to be at driving in this game when it is incredibly easy to do, yet half the people can't drive for 10 seconds without hitting a parked car or tree or something when driving down a straight road.

When you get someone driving with stunt driver plus a mechanic and some other people though you can absolutely wreck people while still getting objective points. I had a mechanic who was not only repairing the other day but spotting ahead constantly so I could actually see breaching charges, and a couple times when I could not stop in time he detonated them with his grenade launcher. We ended up murdering the enemy cars all game and didn't get blown up once. I honestly think that breaching charges are often worse than RPGs because all it takes is some douche camping behind a parked car with them out on the road to detonate them and stunt driver seems to allow me to avoid a bunch of rocket shots. I can't really complain though because Hotwire is basically Jihad Jeeps:The Mode for me unless nobody on my team is driving the objective cars at all.

Bruc fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Apr 8, 2015

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Bruc posted:

When you get someone driving with stunt driver plus a mechanic and some other people though you can absolutely wreck people while still getting objective points. I had a mechanic who was not only repairing the other day but spotting ahead constantly so I could actually see breaching charges, and a couple times when I could not stop in time he detonated them with his grenade launcher. We ended up murdering the enemy cars all game and didn't get blown up once. I honestly think that breaching charges are often worse than RPGs because all it takes is some douche camping behind a parked car with them out on the road to detonate them and stunt driver seems to allow me to avoid a bunch of rocket shots. I can't really complain though because Hotwire is basically Jihad Jeeps:The Mode for me unless nobody on my team is driving the objective cars at all.

I try and do this myself and have noticed a sharp increase of people hiding in tall grass or around corners with RPGs, Breaching Charges, Grenade Launchers, etc. while my team does their best to completely avoid the three cars driving around in a circle while we have no vehicles hotwired at all. It's like the teams I'm on are trying to lose on purpose 9 times out of 10 and it's really frustrating. The last match I played on Dust Bowl saw teammates literally running circles around empty hotwire vehicles for minutes at a time without getting in them. There's no excuse for that.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Thats probably because when by yourself, its infinitely more fun and satisfying to rpg the van full of people then driving in circles with a tard for a mechanic and a sniper.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I can't agree more about how retarded pubbies are at Hotwire. One tiny caveat though, when they are actively avoiding hot wiring objective cars it might be because they've sabotaged the cars and are waiting for easy kills.

Hahaha no of course it's not that. That would require a level of thought and planning on their part that they couldn't even comprehend.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I can't agree more about how retarded pubbies are at Hotwire. One tiny caveat though, when they are actively avoiding hot wiring objective cars it might be because they've sabotaged the cars and are waiting for easy kills.

Hahaha no of course it's not that. That would require a level of thought and planning on their part that they couldn't even comprehend.
gently caress, when I do that they're always taking the loving cars :colbert:

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Croccers posted:

gently caress, when I do that they're always taking the loving cars :colbert:

That's the worst part. Your entire team will actively avoid an objective vehicle until you sabotage it.

That's when they jump in it and immediately drive into some breeching charges.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

beedeebee posted:

I bought that upgrade, but I haven't managed to get one from a car. It only ever prompts me to get in the car. Also, seems like you can't upgrade the van? That's a shame...

It seems to be a little iffy on when exactly you can pick one up. I find the most reliable method is to get into a car, get out and check the trunk. I seem to find one every time I do that.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Mill Village posted:

It seems to be a little iffy on when exactly you can pick one up. I find the most reliable method is to get into a car, get out and check the trunk. I seem to find one every time I do that.

I'm pretty sure you have to sit in the driver's seat, then get out and your gear will be in the trunk. It works even if you were riding in someone else's car; when they bail just switch to the driver's seat and you're set.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Mill Village posted:

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I'm pretty sure you have to sit in the driver's seat, then get out and your gear will be in the trunk. It works even if you were riding in someone else's car; when they bail just switch to the driver's seat and you're set.

Thanks for the tips. But I found out why I could never pick up explosives. I bought upgrades for the sedan, but in the menu, the armored SUV was highlighted. So every sedan I approached didn't have the RPG. When I switched it over to sedan in the menu, I was able to pick up my RPGs. Why yes, I am retarded, how did you know?

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Hotwire is great for money just like hacker but both are boring as poo poo. Hacker is super repetitive and is just points for mashing buttons even if it doesn't benefit your team and hotwire is 9/10 teleporting into a vehicle that will get RPGed as you are spawning and 1/10 getting in with a competent driver that avoids firefights. Anything other than driving in Hotwire usually involves running a really long distance only to get run over or sniped.

Really the only thing I enjoy in this game is the capture the point mode because it is the only thing where I can predictably spawn and not die.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Bob A Feet posted:

Hotwire is great for money just like hacker but both are boring as poo poo. Hacker is super repetitive and is just points for mashing buttons even if it doesn't benefit your team and hotwire is 9/10 teleporting into a vehicle that will get RPGed as you are spawning and 1/10 getting in with a competent driver that avoids firefights. Anything other than driving in Hotwire usually involves running a really long distance only to get run over or sniped.

Really the only thing I enjoy in this game is the capture the point mode because it is the only thing where I can predictably spawn and not die.

Try Heist sometimes. It's really fun, break in in vaults and steal two packages. Can get really hectic, but it's awesome when you pull it off. Plus the packages are always in the same place, so you can predict where other players are gonna be.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

How do I find other goons? I'll be on all afternoon, psn: spvcejam- (dash at the end)

The two Battlelog links in the OP are dead.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

YANSEE posted:

How do I find other goons? I'll be on all afternoon, psn: spvcejam- (dash at the end)

The two Battlelog links in the OP are dead.

I've just checked and they both work for me, what are you seeing when you click them?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I think I've had enough Hotwire. The mode has no flow to it. You just run around in circles over and over again until you find someone dumb enough to fall for your RPG trap. Its a shame because it seemed like a good mode at first. Time to try the other modes I guess.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Mill Village posted:

I think I've had enough Hotwire. The mode has no flow to it. You just run around in circles over and over again until you find someone dumb enough to fall for your RPG trap. Its a shame because it seemed like a good mode at first. Time to try the other modes I guess.

Like I said last night. I think everyone just poopsocked the poo poo out of the game mode since it was the quickest way to get cash.

You end up with two types of players: the ones who are still poopsocking and the others who are just pissing off.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Last night I discovered Hacker so that will be my poopsock mode of choice from now on.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Smelly posted:

Like I said last night. I think everyone just poopsocked the poo poo out of the game mode since it was the quickest way to get cash.

You end up with two types of players: the ones who are still poopsocking and the others who are just pissing off.

I played Hotwire exclusively over the past week to secure that Fat Stacks temporary achievement since I can't get anywhere near 10,000 points per round in any other game mode, so I've burnt out on it for now.

Blood Money CAN be fun, if I would stop getting matches where COD kiddies on the other team just camp the loving money pit with sniper rifles. I pray for the day that idiots that inflate their super-awesome K/D get punished somehow. NOT helping your team secure the objective(s) should never be rewarded.

Oh, and whomever mentioned gas grenades: Thank you. It's great seeing the hit indicator on my screen pulsate over and over and I get a kill from some dumbass that wouldn't move away from the gas cloud. Those things are the greatest area-denial weapons ever.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 14, 2015

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Charles Martel posted:

I played Hotwire exclusively over the past week to secure that Fat Stacks temporary achievement since I can't get anywhere near 10,000 points per round in any other game mode, so I've burnt out on it for now.

Blood Money CAN be fun, if I would stop getting matches where COD kiddies on the other team just camp the loving money pit with sniper rifles. I pray for the day that idiots that inflate their super-awesome K/D get punished somehow. NOT helping your team secure the objective(s) should never be rewarded.

Oh, and whomever mentioned gas grenades: Thank you. It's great seeing the hit indicator on my screen pulsate over and over and I get a kill from some dumbass that wouldn't move away from the gas cloud. Those things are the greatest area-denial weapons ever.

I can't get into blood money or heists. I'm not real keen on capture the flag and it's variants which is essentially what those are. That said, I'll play it when others want to and I almost always have a gas mask on.

People tend to freak out when they storm into a gas filled room and get a Stakeout shoved down their throat.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I had a game of Conquest today on Hollywood Hills where we spawn camped the enemy team because they wouldn't leave their spawn. Near the end of the round the game decided to spawn them on C, but it was too late for them to do anything by that point. Pointing out all their Spawn Beacons as the Hacker was amusing. My teammates would just swarm them.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

What's generally considered the best scope? They all seem pretty lovely. Kobra RDS has been by go-to so far.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
My goto has been the holo sight since BF3. I just love it.

I really wish the coyote sight was in this though. That was probably the best sight in terms of visibility.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I use the "Russian T-sight". No idea what it's called ingame.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Kobra has been pretty great for me. For shits I bought the super zoom for sniper and holy poo poo the game can't even load the map at the distance it reaches.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
So what's the trick with 12g slugs then? They don't seem to be as good at killing people at the range I usually go for, which is to say as close a possible.

Should I use a scope and have some kind of sniping shotgun?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I see more and more people not playing the objective in this game, and the player count is plummeting. I hope Visceral patches the weapon damage soon. Its making people camp way too much. With the way things are going, this game will be dead next month.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Mill Village posted:

I see more and more people not playing the objective in this game, and the player count is plummeting. I hope Visceral patches the weapon damage soon. Its making people camp way too much. With the way things are going, this game will be dead next month.

so glad i got this as a digital download so i can't return it.

Also the MAC 10 is OP as gently caress, i recommend everyone grind the stupid camera coins to get it.

Here's a question: why do my ownership bounties say 6/7 for every class (assault, mech, pro) but the only ones left to buy are the greyed out syndicate assignments, which need full weapon ownership to be unlocked?

E: nevermind, the syndicate BS needs the 10x Rep 4 bonus.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Apr 19, 2015

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
It bothers me just how useless Battlepacks are this time around.

All I ever seem to get is 25% boosts. With an additional battlelog emblem if it's a gold pack. The entire time I've been playing I've gotten one voucher for an IRNV sight. Whoopie.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I got really lucky with vouchers early on and its been nothing but crap since. I got a voucher for a paint job last week, though.

The long awaited patch is finally coming this Tuesday. It was supposed to be out at the end of last month. I don't know how much good it will do to save the declining playerbase, though. http://mp1st.com/2015/03/31/upcoming-battlefield-hardline-patch-address-rpg-spam-tdm-spawns-flinch-and-more/#.VTk8E61Vikp

:siren: RPGs from cars will now have only one rocket and their explosions have been reduced. :siren:

Also the Uzi is supposed to cost $50k so buy that if you haven't yet.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
People bitched about the RPGs? I never felt they were over powered.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The developers are using the BF Hardline subreddit as their official community forums, so you can thank Reddit for that.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Welp, this game is going to go to poo poo quick then.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Mill Village posted:

Also the Uzi is supposed to cost $50k so buy that if you haven't yet.

I would, but I don't even have the slightest idea of what the requirements could be for those "Syndicate" assignments. I haven't unlocked on despite having unlocked almost all of the weapons and gadgets for all classes and being Rank 50.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Smelly posted:

Welp, this game is going to go to poo poo quick then.

Of course it's the one game I've ever bought digitally so I can't return it or get a store credit. :negative:

It's not even a bad or poorly made game. it's just same-y, with some useless class gadgets and loving insane weapon unlock conditions, with the bonus of having certain sniper campout spots that are nigh-impossible to assault.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Charles Martel posted:

I would, but I don't even have the slightest idea of what the requirements could be for those "Syndicate" assignments. I haven't unlocked on despite having unlocked almost all of the weapons and gadgets for all classes and being Rank 50.

Its a Criminal Weapon. It currently costs $18k.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Mill Village posted:

Its a Criminal Weapon. It currently costs $18k.

I think I'm confusing the Uzi with the MAC-10. I'm talking about the latter. That and the double-barelled shotgun. There's an achievement that requires 25 kills from each weapon, but they're both locked behind Syndicate assignments with a ? for each objective. Are there any hints as to what those objectives could be or am I missing something really obvious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Charles Martel posted:

I think I'm confusing the Uzi with the MAC-10. I'm talking about the latter. That and the double-barelled shotgun. There's an achievement that requires 25 kills from each weapon, but they're both locked behind Syndicate assignments with a ? for each objective. Are there any hints as to what those objectives could be or am I missing something really obvious?

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield_Hardline_Assignments/Syndicate

• Locked thread