Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Dracneir posted:

You guys are the best :allears:

Far as mines go. Does anyone have cooking? We can dowse much faster (and for rarer metals) once we have some PER/FOC food (and we will have metal soon to make a pot and such for the kitchen).

If no one else has it, I'll work on getting the veggies together. Food helps to speed up tasks that require stats a lot. 7 of a stat = 50% reduction in timer. So a 30 second dowse timer becomes 15 seconds. I can recall having food that gave 5-8 to multiple stats for around an hour. In other words, it becomes very important to have a chef on hand :frogc00l:

edit: Err meant Casting not cooking.

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
I have an issue with the flax script that says "ATitd clock not found". I've tried moving it around, but it isn't working. Any advice?

TheJanitor
Apr 17, 2007
Ask me about being the strongest janitor since Roger Wilco

Globofglob posted:

I have an issue with the flax script that says "ATitd clock not found". I've tried moving it around, but it isn't working. Any advice?

Try switching your options -> interface options -> size to Small. That fixed it for me.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Blacksmithing is now off timer. I ran down and grabbed that and casting. I've added a 2nd student's casting box, two student forges, a master's forge, and a master casting box. In addition, I am currently working the forges to produce the materials needed for a handloom and hackling rakes (think a flax comb with 100+ uses). These should hopefully be done before I log off tonight, with the spare nails in the projects chest.

Edit: Work completed. The HQ carpentry bench has been upgraded with a vise, the student loom has been replaced with a hand loom in the same exact location, a hackling rake has been built next to the hand loom, and and there are enough spare nails in the projects chest to replace the hackling rake once. Also both student forges have been given both a nail mould and an extrusion plate. Have fun!

Erev fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Sep 23, 2015

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE
:frogon:

That's awesome. I think that means we can make lead chisels now and get 3 limestone per pull instead of 1? Suppose we need to find lead. You need 3 Perception to even detect it, so we should try to prioritize cooking up some PE/FOC food. At this point I think the best thing we can do for progression is work on dowsing. Tedious but necessary. Unless we want to trade for metals, but the people that do have mines will want a lot for any trades.

We're coming up on Advanced Blacksmithing and then we can make the best technological leap in the game, carpentry blades! If I remember correctly we'll need to find veins of or trade for some.. Tin/Lead/Antimony? to make all of the blacksmithing tools you need to work an Anvil. But man are carp blades/axes/etc nice.

e: The wiki says tin veins are found at the end of copper veins, which run in spiral patterns. I have a few copper veins northwest of our camp I found but did not trace out. I'll bring some grilled veggies and try to trace the veins next time I have a few hours free to get us some tin.

Dracneir fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 23, 2015

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
was looking at this game, broke down and will try the trial before i pay for a month

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Rafzakael posted:

was looking at this game, broke down and will try the trial before i pay for a month

Cool. Check the OP and second post for maps and some basic tips. You can hit F11 to bring up the friend list and add some names.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Are people burning out already?

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

Yes I think we lost a few. I told you so :smith:

Really what I've found in past tellings, to prevent burnout, you just have to be doing a lot of things in parallel and for short periods of time. Focusing on one thing (especially if it has to do with flax/bricks/whatever) gets real boring real fast. That's why I've spent so much time on tests. Do more tests if you're bored! With safari, darkest night and oysters all out, there's a lot of things to look for while just randomly wandering for cicadas/dowsing. Plus we need herbs for cooking. And even more herbs when the ritual tattoo test comes out.

Those of you who labored for many hours building up goontown should for sure take a break to work on tests. Also, it would give a chance for the casuals like to me to meaningfully contribute to guild projects. Right now I log on and they're already all done! Although on that note, have we actually built any mines yet?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I'm still here though I've been having a busy week and also I've started playing mgs5. I'm sure I'll be back soon.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
And it's okay to take breaks, really. It's why I bought the longer sub--so that if I take a few months off I don't have to worry about my stuff getting salvaged or whether it's worth paying for a month I'm not playing. You'll also see me switch focus a lot, although my play-style is weird even by Tale standards. (Although apparently not the weirdest because I still haven't advanced in Bedouin and I've been groping altars from here to 7Lakes.)

If you're not sure if you're going to come back or not, try to guild your compound and belongings so that they don't get torn down by pubbies and hauled away once laws pass to "keep Egypt clean."

Meanwhile, if you want to work on yourself for a bit, go skill shopping. You can probably scrape up all the stuff you need to get fishing, for example. Now that chariot lines are starting to run, you can also go visit other regions to collect knowledge (for free) from universities that have unlocked it, cross referenced with this mostly accurate atlas of Egypt to figure out where you want to go. Skills you have are listed on the same tab as your stats. Tests are another way to work on yourself. You can get some really fast levels that way.

As for guild works, I'll try to get an update on what we can do with metal and glass. Cool things are coming, like beetle breeding, cooking (to up stats temporarily), and equipment that doesn't fall apart every half hour. Corisa and Photek and I dunno who else have been hauling rear end to get guild compounds equipped with all the new tech toys.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I love the idea behind this game, since I'm an anthropology nerd. On the other hand, I don't have enough free time to sink into it.

Fun to read along as you guys progress. Maybe I'll join you for some tale in the future...

laceratedsky
Aug 29, 2007

Sorry I've been absent, I've been out of town for the past 10 days or so.

A lot has changed in such a short time. Still working to get my compound up to 16 cells, and then I'll start trying to run around to get some useful skills.

Black Wombat
Nov 25, 2007

Every puzzle
has an answer.
I've made a simple little Google sheet for us to save our cooking research in. Until we get a few Masterworks, we're gonna be stuck with this trial-and-error method. If you mess around in the kitchen, be sure to log what you do so we don't waste resources.

Also, for newbies, take a quick look at this cooking guide. It'll fill you in on the basics.

TheJanitor
Apr 17, 2007
If anyone ever needs any type of vegetable in any quantity chat me ingame and I can get it for you pretty drat quick. For now there are around 1500 veggies in the CP chests which anyone can use. I have a macro which is pumping veggies out at 1300+ per hour (If pollution doesn't force me to move and I have chests to dump stuff in). Oh and if you are using the linux client and can run a simple bash script you too can be a vegetable god, ask and i'll send you the script.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Black Wombat posted:

I've made a simple little Google sheet for us to save our cooking research in. Until we get a few Masterworks, we're gonna be stuck with this trial-and-error method. If you mess around in the kitchen, be sure to log what you do so we don't waste resources.

Also, for newbies, take a quick look at this cooking guide. It'll fill you in on the basics.

Aren't masterpieces unique to each player and have a random chance of being or not being masterpieces?

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

TheJanitor posted:

If anyone ever needs any type of vegetable in any quantity chat me ingame and I can get it for you pretty drat quick. For now there are around 1500 veggies in the CP chests which anyone can use. I have a macro which is pumping veggies out at 1300+ per hour (If pollution doesn't force me to move and I have chests to dump stuff in). Oh and if you are using the linux client and can run a simple bash script you too can be a vegetable god, ask and i'll send you the script.

Title of Veggie God earned. It's not quite enough to make me go back to Linux, but close.

I will totally trade whatever I can get for cabbage. Mostly I've got herbs.

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 25, 2015

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

TheJanitor posted:

So, when the test of life comes out we've got a job for you... Hehe. Seriously though, set up a few towers and well pass in no time with veggie making like that!

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Everyone Read This

We're about two weeks into the telling so far. Things are progressing at a steady rate and we're getting to a good place in the telling where things are going to start to accelerate a lot.

However, it seems we are having some real problems of understanding what a guild actually is in this game. This is not WoW and your personal possessions and stockpiles are unnecessary.

Some things that have happened recently in the guild which aren't cool:

1) Our camels almost starved to death yesterday because no one has been making straw and dropping it in the camel pen. Drac didn't make straw for a few days (which is fine because he did like 3k+ one day) and guess what, we had 60 straw in there last night. Luckily Corsa noticed it before they starved to death and Corisa, myself and Drac picked and dried over 3,000 straw in just under 30 minutes.

2) People are still building personal compounds and facilities inside them. A great example of this is kilns and flax facilities. We have these items in the guild compound for everyone to use.

I had a conversation that went like this today with a member.
Me: You know we have kilns in the main cp right?
Goon: Yeah but I didn't want to use them because they break so I build my own.
Me: They are there for you to use, if they break, build new ones.
Goon: Oh ok.
Me: If you build 5 in your cp and we build 5 here there's no benefit to anyone, but if all 10 are in the main compound well guess what our output doubles.

Next time you think "hey I need to build this thing in my compound so I can do X activity", don't. Go check the guild compound see if we have what you need. If not, build it there to share with everyone!

As another example of this. We've needed chests built in the main compound for over a week, I've even said this on several occasions. Guess what. The only storage in our compound are boxes and chests I built at the start of the telling.

In addition to this, people are in fact using the guild facilities. Some of the items break down. If you're using a guild facility and it breaks down during usage build a replacement. I logged in today to find 2 kilns have collapsed and no one bothered to build replacements.

3) People just aren't doing any sort of daily chores that are the most basic poo poo we need.
* Wood
* Straw
* Onions - some people are making these and other veggies like crazy
* Slate
* Clay
* Making Jugs
* Cutting boards
* Making bricks

It's not like it's expected that people will do 1000 of each every day or something. Grass we literally need 200 per day per person and we're loving golden.

Take 15 minutes when you login and do chores before you do other poo poo, that's all we need, really, 15 minutes.

These are all things that we are going to need forever and ever amen. We will never not need these things.

I and others have said from day one that we need to all work together.

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 26, 2015

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Not everyone plays the same way. We definitely need to get better at being on the same page in maintaining guild structures, but I think a lot of the time people just aren't sure what's okay, or they're experimenting with options in the game. It's hard to know the worth of a kiln if you've never built one.

On that note, the kilns were totally me. I went to rebuild and realized I didn't have the skill, but I'd been making firebricks and jugs for the guild.

Personally, I like having a compound that's mine. I built distaffs because I'm making heaps of linen for skills and tests, and I wanted to be able to log off without worrying about keeping someone else off the guild ones. The guild ones are definitely better because they're next to a loom--which I definitely don't want to bother building--but sometimes I just want to log off without thinking about it. Having your own CP is a good way to learn that a lot of stuff is just better shared, or is too expensive to maintain alone. Some of the appeal of the game for me, however, is having a place that feels like it's mine. Personal piles are a part of that for me. I give as much or more to the guild than I take; that's my personal line. It's what I expect of others. It's how I feel like I have a stake in things, and how I can see some of the effort I've put in.

The camels are definitely a problem, however. If we want mines, we need leather, and that means keeping those bastards alive. Likewise, sheep. I hadn't been keeping tabs on the camels very well. Sorry. I'm herb foraging right now, but when I'm back I'll bank a lot of grass.

We should also recognize a lot of the work that guildies have been doing. Everyone's been playing with the mining and metal work aspects, which is probably why the less-exciting camels were forgotten. Helping needs to be recognized more than not-helping. Not-helping means you might not have instant access to mats that helpers have been accumulating for the benefit of the guild. The other distraction lately has been obelisk prepping, which is not a guild-helping task, but one that a lot of us are working towards.

So yeah, we are a little off balance, but I think it's a communication problem not a selfish problem. I'll keep updating the 2nd thread post with what we're doing as a resource for players, but the last little while my hours have fallen out of sync with Photek and Corisa, who are our definite heroes of guild works and maintenance. If you try to update me before you log off, I'll pass it on to the night-shift and put it in the thread.

FYI, DoN has a full set of mines near their Ulead, all of which are public. Their iron mine is at 1578, 6662 which might be closer than what we're using now? They're also pulling quartz, which recently became useful. When I'm out there scavenging I try to join the bigger guilds and keep friendly with our neighbours.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

I'm sorry, but responses like this are exactly the problem.

I've very clearly highlighted the problems we are facing and you're white knighting in defense.

To clarify my position, I'm not very from from leaving the guild and I won't be the only one going.

quote:

We should also recognize a lot of the work that guildies have been doing. Everyone's been playing with the mining and metal work aspects.

Exactly 4 people have done this. Myself, Corisa, Bri and Bobulus.

TheJanitor has been our veggie hero, literally thousands.

Dracneir has made us so much straw I can't even begin to count how much.

Bri, he basically runs the night shift and has set up our whole blacksmithing and casting operation.

Beyond that I don't know what everyone else has been doing. I've seen very little done, not even simple chores, beyond what the aforementioned people have done.

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 27, 2015

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
jesus christ and you wonder why people are quitting

Im a Little Teapot
Dec 18, 2010
So I am not as exgoon as I thought, still have an account. The camel thing sucked. It was not one person or 2 people that fell down on this, it was every member of the guild. Basics are basics and if we share them they dont take anytime at all. Before work I collect up wood, and do at least one more thing, slate, or onions or bricks or firebricks, whatever we need most that wont take too long. I dont do a lot of grass or flax because people have macros that I dont..that being said I have done thousands of both.

No one has to give up what they want to do, no one has to give up thier private space. What everyone must do is find a way to contribute a bit every time they log on. Not that they don't now, its just new chores are more interesting then old chores but the old chores will never go away. I dont play this because I want to collect wood or grow onions or pick grass but if I want to do cicadas or forage or any of the things I really enjoy those are things that must be done.

The point is if you are in this guild you need to pop by camp at some point when you are logged in, or every couple of days if you live in the wilds..poke around find something that needs to be done and do it. Maybe that day the camels have 5k straw but we have no boards in the guildhouse, or cc is low or bricks are non existant. We are all adults with busy lives and not a lot of time to play, by now everyone knows what to look for. I get that you would rather hunt down pearls....sooo..would...I. But honestly I just dont have time to do anything but try and keep up the chores that I am starting to feel like only myself and the macro monsters are doing.

I know you are thinking..so just go do your thing Corisa..I did. I spent 1.5 days doing lead and came back to 60 straw in the camel pen that no one else had even noticed.

Janitor is excused from this blast of Corisa.. cause he is busy growing a million veggies for trade. Bri because I leave him a list every night and he does 3 times as much as I asked... all I ask is have fun with your tests, thats why we are here, just stop by and cut a few boards and pull some grass when you pop by

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Smoremaster posted:

jesus christ and you wonder why people are quitting

Clearly I'm the problem. I'm tired of asking nicely and using all the puppy dog words.

Thank you for your input.

edit: And as far as I know, no one has actually quit aside from Taharka and some people who only came for a trial and never subscribed.

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Sep 27, 2015

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

i am the straw king

Really though, not everyone can play every day and not everyone wants to use their online time just for chores. It's a game!

Pls no goon divide of 2015
Let's stay positive happy :spergin:s instead

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Dracneir posted:

i am the straw king

Really though, not everyone can play every day and not everyone wants to use their online time just for chores. It's a game!

Pls no goon divide of 2015
Let's stay positive happy :spergin:s instead

Who's asking for people to use all their online time doing chores. I'm asking for 15 minutes when you login.

Because exactly, who wants to use all their online time for chores. It's what I have do because others aren't.

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 27, 2015

Im a Little Teapot
Dec 18, 2010
just curious bob..why are people quitting?

Have you quit?

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
I honestly think that most of our losses so far are goons trying something new and deciding they dont like it. I'm not saying that we havent lost one or two from squabbling but we may in time.

I'd suggest we all take at least one "chore" chore. Picking 1k grass, growing 200 onions, things pertaining to resources that, if we dont have them, we'll lose livestock. This could be done manually or using offline chores - whatever you feel most comfortable with. Just try to get that one chore done per day if nothing else. If you plan to be away, try to stock us up a bit first. Beyond that I don't care if you are mining, running the wilds of egypt, or lobbying for DP. There will always be some of us working tech. :)

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Also awesome find on the mines Pixelante. I'll see about setting us up a compound nearby. That's only a single chariot ride away (or, hell, moderate run) and the quartz is an awesome bonus.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Even Goonfleet let members have their own stuff. If you choose to share something, put it in guild chests. Otherwise, your poo poo is your own. Helping to build things should be interesting and engaging in result, if not action. You can have your own compound, you can have your own chests, and you can have a line between the stuff you make for the guild and the stuff you make for yourself. There are guilds who do things 100%(ish) collective style, but they're groups who've worked together for ages or all know each other in real life. We're so hilariously far from that state that I'm just delighted people are working together and getting to know each other.

One of things that makes this game unique and appealing for the people who stick with it is how non-linear it is. New players need to engage with the game, build some stuff, do a few things inefficiently, and generally learn their own way around how the game functions. They should be looking things up on the wiki, choosing goals, and getting excited about the next level of technology as it unlocks. If they're going to grind bricks, they should know what those bricks are going into and share the sense of guild ownership and pride in those improvements. No one should ever think, "I was gonna play some Tale but if I log on I'll get poo poo for not meeting my straw quota and I don't feel like using my gaming time for that tonight." Thus, I'm not on board with chore lists.

I do want there to be a list of, "here are things you can make to help the guild, and why it's useful." Keeping livestock maintained is important, and although they are replaceable, we already took a hit with the sheep pox and getting fresh livestock is a nuisance. If you hate gathering grass, there are macros for that, or you can use your off-line chore time to do it. Livestock = leather, and leather is essential to a lot of cool stuff.

Play however you want to play. Cooperating is the most rewarding way to progress through increasingly interesting areas of the game, but you can choose what that looks like for you. For me, it means that I make extra of whatever I'm doing and put that in the guild stash, and sometimes cranking out a thousand bricks or whatever to get something done.

Photek and Corisa and everyone building up camp are working really hard to get everyone in the guild access to as much technology in the game as we can get at this point. It isn't a small amount of effort, and they've done a whole heap of grinding, which should never be overlooked. However, Tale is a weird game for weirdos, so I don't want to see anyone feel unwelcome in the guild because they prioritize their recreational time differently. I hope everyone does find a way to contribute to the guild in valid ways, but I don't think a required grind-list is going to keep players coming back, especially ones who have never seen how cool the tech gets the farther we go.

e: I logged off in EG, so I can pick up new tech if the timer pops soon. I'll be back at camp shortly after. I'm heading into midterm season and it's all research papers, so I might be able to just park myself next to the camels and teach every 10-20 minutes between sorting abstracts.

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Sep 27, 2015

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

I think you are really not understanding what I am asking for.

I am not asking for anyone to give up all their personal things. I do however ask that when you think about building a kiln, distaff or something else that the guild is freely providing for use (and people really won't steal your poo poo), that you build it for the guild instead of yourself.

I am not asking people to do nothing but chores for hours on end. I want 15, FIFTEEN minutes per day. If everyone does 15 minutes per day, guess what, all of the things the guild needs are taken care of.

Leaders need to lead. No one else stepped up to take charge, so I did.

This is a game and games are about having fun. I want everyone to have fun and enjoy themselves playing.

We just need to contribute a small percentage of fun time to doing things that you may not immediately understand why or how it is going to benefit you as an individual.

If needed I can and will make a page specifically to highlight what we need, what we need it for, and how it is going to benefit us in the end.

Edit: I've made us a page on the public wiki since OwlBear seems to have run off and most of the people don't have access to our private one.

http://www.atitd.org/wiki/tale7/Guilds/Discordant_Accordian

Look here if you are not sure exactly what we need.

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 27, 2015

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

ModeSix posted:

I think you are really not understanding what I am asking for.

Apparently so. Welp, let's just get on the same page.

Oh look, a page. Thanks! This is helpful. (Zero sarcasm. This is good.)

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Updated Goontown photo.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Alright, we've got advanced blacksmithing in play along with watermines and chemistry labs. I'm exhausted and need some sleep. What follows is sort of my step-by-step gameplan for after I wake up unless someone else gets to it ahead of me. Here are the steps, in order.

Ensure that we have enough metal, charcoal, and cc for all forging and casting planned prior to beginning.

Fire the master's forge and create 2 pinch rollers and 3 iron pokers.
Douse master's forge and install the 2 pinch rollers into the student forges.

Fire one or both student's forges and create 48 copper sheeting.
Feel free to create some lead chisels and/or extra nails while they are lit and douse them when complete.

Put out a regional call that there will be a master's casting box firing and that it will be available to the general public to use once we have completed our work.
Create 12 iron pots in the master's casting box.
Let regional chat know that the master's casting box is available and assist anyone interested in using it.
When there is no more interest, douse the master's casting box.

Fire a student's casting box. Create 3 Ball Peen Hammers, 3 Round Hammers, 3 Shaping Mallets, and 3 Wide Tungsten Chisels.
Attach 1 Ball Peen Hammer, 1 Round Hammer, 1 Shaping Mallet, and 1 Wide Tungsten Chisel to each of our 3 Anvils.
Feel free to craft a couple spare heavy mallet heads as well - I have the parts for 4 of them in the project chest.
Douse the student casting box.

NOTE: The student's forge, the student's casting box, and the master's casting box portions can all be done at the same time. Also, feel free to add to the list! If we need iron bars go ahead and do them. This is a major forge day so the time to do it is now! Just please make sure that we have sufficient material ahead of time as starting the fires costs a lot of charcoal!

And, again, if this looks a bit daunting no worries. I can take care of it all after I wake up and complete my errands.

Im a Little Teapot
Dec 18, 2010
Good afternoon guys.

Just a request from Corisa. With Bri on the edge of producing a bunch of kettles I have some requests for everyone who might be looking for some work to do. I am requesting the following items. Dried Flax, Dried Papyrus, limestone, leeks and on a much smaller scale carrots and onions. I am acutely aware that everyone is sick to death of those items. You might wonder why I would ask. Firepits are used to burn all those items in order to produce Ash and grilled carrots and onions and Lime. Lime is required for all glass. Ash is required in order to make potash which is required for sheet glass. Sheet glass is required in order to make greenhouses which..grow grass all by themselves among other things.

Why dont I do it all myself. I can and I will if I have to. However It takes me a long time to do it all and then I am likely the one to be manning the firepit. If you havent done a firepit yet..it really is not fun, you can't macro it and it requires literally starring at one spot on the screen for a minimum of an hour for each firepit for stoking..look away for a few seconds you miss a stoke and the pit goes out and your mats are basically wasted. So you cant macro it or watch a movie while you do it or really do anything else except put on some headphones listen to some tunes and make sure you dont have to go to the bathroom or get a drink or really move while you do it. It is about the least amount of fun in the game and there is really no getting around it. If you wanna volunteer to do the pit instead of papy or flax..its cool with me but really..I am asking the guild to help with the easy part.

If you missed the key sentence in all of this..greenhouses grow grass...all by themselves. Greenhouses are good and it will mean..no more logging on and having some asshat to ask you to pull grass. Me being one of said asshats.

Please please help me with said project..and hey you get to play with the glass benches when its all done..and you might like that..or you might hate it..but its something new :) .

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

It's probably more time efficient and less miserable to just harvest flax and wood for an hour rather than stoking for an hour. The increase in ash is on a x^1/3 curve, so you'd see the greatest increase in ash output for the initial few minutes of stoking, and less and less after that. You could probably cut the production time of ash in half by just doing batches of 100 flax/200 wood with 5 minutes of stoking. 14 ash per run, and it would only take 15 minutes or so to get all that flax and wood, less when we have axes and genetically engineered seeds.

Papyrus is a different story since stoking increases the output by a greater total percentage, but it also takes a lot longer to produce than flax and wood.

The other benefit is, you can easily macro flax and limestone and just go do something else while they fire away.

Dracneir fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 28, 2015

TheJanitor
Apr 17, 2007
Hey PuppyToes, your turn in the Desert of Nomads obelisk queue is coming up in a day or two and I was wondering if you'd be around to take it? I am after you so gotta figure out if I should start making the mats now or if I still have a few days.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Leveled up rhythmic strength on 2 grass picks in a row. RIP my luck

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

I'm in midterms, so my game time will be scarce for about a week. If it isn't, give me poo poo.

Upside: parked in camp off-line gathering grass. I'll keep dumping it on the drying racks in front of the HQ, so if you see anything on them and have room, ferry it over to the camels. Hopefully that'll free some of you up to do other stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
I'm having network issues. I'll be online when I can. In the meantime my obby should have passed. /info Bri and see if I'm a student of architecture yet. If I am then Coy can build her obby.

• Locked thread