Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

P-Mack posted:

Thanks guys, it sounds like not really giving a poo poo is a sub optimal but still viable strategy so I'm gonna stick with it.

It's kind of weird though, like awakening based its whole plot around time travel, but I guess here they just kind of threw it in because why not?

i think i used like 10 1st gen units and 4 or 5 kids thru most of the game. some of the crappy 1st gen units (arthur and odin...) give u good kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

i think i used like 10 1st gen units and 4 or 5 kids thru most of the game. some of the crappy 1st gen units (arthur and odin...) give u good kids

I use everybody because child trauma forces me to keep every character evenly leveled. I was in elementary school playing Shining Force on the Genesis. I relied on one or two guys levelled up to be untouchable, but then later levels had enemies that ignored defense and did flat damage. Got so wrecked it hosed me up for life.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fire emblem doesn't do the jrpg thing of forcing a party at any point so you can just rely on your favorites/OP combos the whole game as long as they don't die

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

P-Mack posted:

Thanks guys, it sounds like not really giving a poo poo is a sub optimal but still viable strategy so I'm gonna stick with it.

It's kind of weird though, like awakening based its whole plot around time travel, but I guess here they just kind of threw it in because why not?

it's because awakening was the game that saved the series, and awakening's fans really like the marriage/kids mechanic.

In Training posted:

Fire emblem doesn't do the jrpg thing of forcing a party at any point so you can just rely on your favorites/OP combos the whole game as long as they don't die

i vaguely remember level(s) where you have to bring azura? maybe i'm crazy

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

i vaguely remember level(s) where you have to bring azura? maybe i'm crazy

You can't recruit Takumi on birthright without her, and one gimmick map on conquest force deploys her but you're meant to solo it with Corrin and Gunther anyway.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Awakenings map design gets really bad, the map where you fight Walhart outside was especially huge and obnoxious. It took me forever because there were so many guys and a ton of reinforcements but I thought the game had earned it because they had built him up and it was a big end of act 2 showdown. But then you don't even kill him and he goes inside and the game is like "lol OK fight him again on the next map!" I know the game is just one map after another and it doesn't really matter who the boss npcs are anyway, but something about that really rubbed me the wrong way and pissed me off. Then I loaded the next map and saw a bunch of dudes with 10 range spellbooks and it just gave me a headache so I put the game down for like three months convinced that I don't actually like Fire Emblem.

I picked it up again and it turns out the 10 range books miss all the time and they target characters that take 0 damage from them too so that wasn't so bad. I mainly just want to finish this game up though.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the maps in awakening really fall off after like chapter 13 and you end up fighting on a bunch of big maps with 50 enemies

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

awakening is really easy on normal/hard and u should be cruising thru the game with an avatar with a million op skills from reclassing and at least a super powered morgan and lucia, as well as probably several other superpowered invincible autism babies tho, by the time u get to wahlhart

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fates conquest and the gba games are much better games, overall tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't understand how to reclass or make kids so Awakening Hard was really hard for me and I eventually stopped playing like half way through

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I didn't understand how to reclass or make kids so Awakening Hard was really hard for me and I eventually stopped playing like half way through

did u figure out that pairing up makes u invincible ?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

awakening is really easy on normal/hard and u should be cruising thru the game with an avatar with a million op skills from reclassing and at least a super powered morgan and lucia, as well as probably several other superpowered invincible autism babies tho, by the time u get to wahlhart

Yea I think I'm making it harder than it needs to be because I try get as many killing blows for the weaker dudes as possible instead of just using my strongest ones. Like my avatar is basically unstoppable and getting over leveled so I keep him in the back or as a support except as an emergency measure so that other dudes can get exp. Right now he, Morgan, Cynthia, Kjelle, and Yarne are each superpowered brutes that crush everything in their paths.

Dec 26, 2012

fates conquest and the gba games are much better games, overall tho

basically every other game in the series is better really. at least the older ones, idk about birthright/revelations since I haven't played them

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

01011001 posted:

basically every other game in the series is better really. at least the older ones, idk about birthright/revelations since I haven't played them

i haven't played the wii ones or the sfc ones :henget:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

I think the OG ones are insanely brutally bad but they're console strategy games from the early 90s so it's not really surprising

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

no one has played the famicom ones

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There are definitely maniacs who have beaten them multiple times and produced reverse recruitment hacks

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

reading this again and lolling my rear end off https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749611&perpage=40

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mateus El Hombre

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

My secret strategy is to run Morgan out way ahead of all my other party members then the 100's of enemies kill themselves on his godlike body.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pewdiepie posted:

My secret strategy is to run Morgan out way ahead of all my other party members then the 100's of enemies kill themselves on his godlike body.

that's what i did except it was a she

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

thats how my lunatic game turned out. it was tharja though

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

I think the OG ones are insanely brutally bad but they're console strategy games from the early 90s so it's not really surprising

yeah 1 and 2 are not worth playing. mostly thinking 3 onward

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress the ice boat level in revelations!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

After I posted that I am doing much better. Sorry for using such harsh language

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Welcome to the party, Beruka who is 6 levels below everybody else

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

triggered?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm QQ assblasted.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this revelations map where you can push around piles of garbage is cool. Also having access to both Keaton and Kaden in one file seems extreme. Wish they could be gay together

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm sorry In Training. You got infected

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

birthright is boring as hell holy poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I'm sorry In Training. You got infected

Contracting fail AIDS is a small price to pay for hundreds of hours of SJRPG fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Getting to that epic halfway point where the kids are popping up like weeds and I'm about to start promoting my first units...the Unstoppable Feel

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

birthright is boring as hell holy poo poo

its terrible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

weird that the revelations version of the rainbow sage map from conquest doesn't have any of the lunge ninjas even on Lunatic. Makes the map a complete joke

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

just realized my entire deployed army is women except for corrin. I really am terminal

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Initial Stage: Ahh I believe I should invest on the correct placement of several axe wielders here as the enemies are overwhemingly spearmen. I should look of they have dangerous skills or weapons before though.

Terminal Stage: OMG Hana and Sakura are like, totally a thing after their A rank support. But seriously though, they need to make it easier for me to see Saizo shirtless <3

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

just realized my entire deployed army is women except for corrin. I really am terminal

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Initial Stage: Ahh I believe I should invest on the correct placement of several axe wielders here as the enemies are overwhemingly spearmen. I should look of they have dangerous skills or weapons before though.

Terminal Stage: OMG Hana and Sakura are like, totally a thing after their A rank support. But seriously though, they need to make it easier for me to see Saizo shirtless <3

heh

• Locked thread