Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bag em and tag em posted:

Keanu Reeves is wooden as hell, but that man goes to loving work.

THAT DOG SYMBOLISED THE LOVE I HAD FOR MY WIFE, WHO I LOVED A LOT AND WHO DIIIIIIIED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
I do find it funny that they have to slip in at least one non-wife woman who wants to gently caress John in each movie: the bartender in 1 and Ruby Rose in 2. Well, Ruby Rose is debatable but she does wrap her entire forearm around John's taint. That's just another way that John Wick is badass: the man could easily gently caress but chooses not to. Though I guess he's like two weeks out from his wife's death so I guess a man's got to grieve, and by grieve I mean shoot everyone in the head

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
l can't tell if Ruby Rose is supposed to be attractive or some kind of Justin Bieber - Goblin.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I rewatched John Wick 1 and I'm pretty sure he is using map hack. He knew dudes were coming around walls and poo poo.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Dave_Indeed posted:

I rewatched John Wick 1 and I'm pretty sure he is using map hack. He knew dudes were coming around walls and poo poo.

Despite firing off thousands of rounds inside booming spa clubs and his own house, John Wick still has impeccable hearing. He could hear an ant walk out of cover and shoot it twice in the thorax and once in the head

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

l can't tell if Ruby Rose is supposed to be attractive or some kind of Justin Bieber - Goblin.

Ruby Rose has definitely got that whole Tilda Swinton thing going on where she's very attractive in her own way.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Dave_Indeed posted:

John Wick was doing a tool assisted speed run murder spree.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
oh my god i've never heard this with audio

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Squashing Machine posted:

Despite firing off thousands of rounds inside booming spa clubs and his own house, John Wick still has impeccable hearing. He could hear an ant walk out of cover and shoot it twice in the thorax and once in the head

* initiates vote to ban John Wick from the server *
* everyone votes yes because they are vindictive poo poo heads *

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

gradenko_2000 posted:

Ruby Rose has definitely got that whole Tilda Swinton thing going on where she's very attractive in her own way.

Tilda Swinton on the other hand is like the best actor on the planet. Ruby Rose...not so much. I still love them both. I have a thing for androgynous girls/girls with short hair. I also recently learned that my ex-girlfriend is now a lesbian so I'm starting to question myself.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

TenementFunster posted:

oh my god i've never heard this with audio

Fun Fact: X gon' give it to ya

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Fun Fact: X gon' give it to ya

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

pr0p posted:

Are you here for the Pope?
lol this line owned and i laughed harder than i should

Criminal Minded posted:

Tilda Swinton on the other hand is like the best actor on the planet. Ruby Rose...not so much. I still love them both. I have a thing for androgynous girls/girls with short hair. I also recently learned that my ex-girlfriend is now a lesbian so I'm starting to question myself.
ruby rose owned in this and the mute killer thing was a good gimmick so gently caress you

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
The movie ruled but the whole Italy segment was too serious and didn't have the same tone as the rest. The movie was 10x better before and after the Italy trip. Tunnel sequence still owned though. The suicide felt like it was from a different movie and was SO LONG.

ephori fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Feb 23, 2017

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Whoa, is this true? Because in the first one he has that abdomen injury, but in chapter 2 he has a clean and healed belly when he gets the bullets point blank shot into him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTPxWUs8nXs

Haha look at him shoot his gun at like a minute in

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.
I saw the movie, and it was good. The first one was way better, though.
Like, how many times did Wick do this move where he shoots a guys leg in CQC, disarms him and keeps him in a lock while shooting two additional guys that JUST appear around the corner, and THEN finish the guy below him off? 15-20 times? Talk about diminishing returns...

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Did the mute lady die?

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.

Oriental Hugs posted:

Did the mute lady die?

I think she did, but it's not like it was explicitly confirmed. There's still enough of an opening to make her appear again in part 3.
John didn't headshot her, is what I'm saying.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Oriental Hugs posted:

Did the mute lady die?
absolutely not

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Raider posted:

the best thing about john wick as a character is he is so mad, as mad as a man can ever be

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

ANGRYGREEK posted:

I saw the movie, and it was good. The first one was way better, though.
Like, how many times did Wick do this move where he shoots a guys leg in CQC, disarms him and keeps him in a lock while shooting two additional guys that JUST appear around the corner, and THEN finish the guy below him off? 15-20 times? Talk about diminishing returns...

Those judo flips owned though

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Need a Metal Gear Solid movie with Keanu as the snake

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

When Wick was tied to the chair in the first film and delivers the line about his wife dying, her giving him the dog to help him and saying "and you took that away from me" was pretty much the best acting Keanu has ever done. That whole speech was delivered with such feeling.

...but nobody ever talks about that. :(

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
he is a very mad man. madder than most people can comprehend.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
John Wick is Mr. Beale

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Does this one have Mr Mayhem in it too?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Gonna take the minority stance here and saw she is a Biebgoblin

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
this movie sucked they had a scene where he rides the world trade center PATH train and the announcer is talking about taking the Z line or something

WRONG YOU DUMB BITCH THERES NO Z LINE ON THE WTC PATH IT ONLY GOES TO NEW JERSEY GOD

movie ruled, can't wait for Chapter 3 which I'm totally sure they're going to make

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Need a Metal Gear Solid movie with Keanu as the snake

Kojima confirmed as writer-director for JW3

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

areyoucontagious posted:

The movie would be 14 hours long and 13 of that would be exposition explaining the events of john wick 1 and 2.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

areyoucontagious posted:

Please keep trash media out of the thread for good media. Thanks!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Olympic Mathlete posted:

When Wick was tied to the chair in the first film and delivers the line about his wife dying, her giving him the dog to help him and saying "and you took that away from me" was pretty much the best acting Keanu has ever done. That whole speech was delivered with such feeling.

...but nobody ever talks about that. :(

it was actually real hammy and bad

also unnecessary because if you don't know what the movie's about by that point you're probably in an ED with functional brain death being kept alive by a tube and regular shocks to your heart

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

sebmojo posted:

also unnecessary because if you don't know what the movie's about by that point you're probably in an ED with functional brain death being kept alive by a tube and regular shocks to your heart

to be fair, i doubt daniel day lewis could have salvaged those particular lines

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

TenementFunster posted:

lol this line owned and i laughed harder than i should

ruby rose owned in this and the mute killer thing was a good gimmick so gently caress you

Ruby Rose is cool and I like her but I'm pretty sure they literally worked around her not-so-great acting ability by making her deaf-mute. Which is cool!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

The thing about her is that she's classically beautiful but finds it to boring just to stick with it. Just google image her.

I really like this interview with the cast, it's funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t54pRv4PwMk

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Criminal Minded posted:

Ruby Rose is cool and I like her but I'm pretty sure they literally worked around her not-so-great acting ability by making her deaf-mute. Which is cool!
this franchise isn't big on dialog, or exposition in general, aside what can be conveyed via mean muggin' and headshots

ms. rose excels at mean muggin

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

sebmojo posted:

The point of that scene wasn't to remind the audience of what the movie was about. Wick knew that he was in a hopeless situation (he had no idea that Marcus would be there to save him) and his little speech was one last attempt to get Viggo to come to his senses and just give up his shithead of a son. They both know that Iosef is a dumb fuckup, so Wick was probably thinking he might as well try to convince Viggo to do that. No other options.

That being said, it really was hammy. The "killed that from me" part was great though.

Queering Wheel fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Feb 26, 2017

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
*Shoots sumo man point blank in the head several times*

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Just saw it this evening, pretty drat awesome. I almost died during the scene where Wick and Cassian were giving each other the stink eye whilst taking sneaky silenced shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lemon posted:

Just saw it this evening, pretty drat awesome. I almost died during the scene where Wick and Cassian were giving each other the stink eye whilst taking sneaky silenced shots.

In the back of my mind I knew that silencers don't work that way, but the scene just worked so well.

• Locked thread