Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

Annie, who is currently hiding downstairs from the thunder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Not mine but I found some new images in a series I like

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls
This is my puppy she is a very good girl and a very bad Shiba Inu. She loves everyone and playing with other dogs. Right now she is asleep on my feet.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

The Ghoul posted:

This is my puppy she is a very good girl and a very bad Shiba Inu. She loves everyone and playing with other dogs. Right now she is asleep on my feet.

Hey pal I’m gonna need this puppo’s name and also a list of her hopes and dreams and a hard yes/no on whether or not we can be friends TIA

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Hey pal I’m gonna need this puppo’s name and also a list of her hopes and dreams and a hard yes/no on whether or not we can be friends TIA

Her name is Nixie and when she grows up she wants to be the goodest girl and you have a hard yes because she wants to be everyone's friend no matter what.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Are shibas as hard work as I've heard?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Jose posted:

They're not as much work as say, a Border Collie or Husky. But they are pretty independent and many people say they act more like cats (standoffish with strangers, like to clean themselves) than dogs.

Training and socialization is really important for them as they're an 'ancient breed'

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Apr 4, 2018

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It also depends on the individual, each breed can vary wildly in temperament and personality, and that’s not even getting in to the differences between bitches and dogs. I’ve rescued little dogs you can pick up with one hand before, wouldn’t want to take in anything that gets bigger than that without seeing and interacting with both parents first.

I was thinking about your plight Jose, if you plan on having this as a work dog then it would be possible if you nailed the timing with your time off.
New vaccinations are at 8 weeks, then you get the second set at 10 weeks. 10 days after that they can go outside.

What you want is a breeder that is prepared to work with you and will deal with vaccinations and keep the pup for you for a little while longer . Lot of breeders don’t allow dogs to go till 10 weeks anyway. Trust me you won’t miss the two weeks of puppy time, all they do is stab you with needle teeth and need the bathroom.

You can take the 10 days after the last injection off work, and use the time to get it toilet and cage trained so you have somewhere to contain it when you are at work. Sorted.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm not sure i can take the dog to work any more unfortunately

Pokemon OH SNAP!
Oct 17, 2004

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

First time at the groomers

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

PLEASE PET ME MORE!!!

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

Jose posted:

My puppy is pretty cooperative about everything but doesn't like getting picked up and will dig in a fair bit when walking. She's very friendly and excited to meet strangers and play with other dogs but YMMV on disposition.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Incredible array of doggos everyone, thanks for sharing!! This is Beans. We assume the mean people who stole his balls also took his front leg too. We rescued him with three legs so we’re not sure how the poor fella lost it.

Despite mistaking other dogs for food, he is a GOODBOY.

hopefully im not breaking tables, phone posting here sorry

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Finally another Spaniel.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

mind the walrus posted:

Finally another Spaniel.

https://twitter.com/learnincurve1/status/981632962964918272?s=20

Yeh I know Jose but Imgur is getting worse for iPads.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

My GOON WIFE has a habit of bringing home dogs w/ baggage.

These two assholes died on me last year within a couple months of each other.

(L) brought into wife's clinic to be put down because she needed a bionic leg and they couldn't afford it. We took her and she got another 8 years (and eventually another bionic leg - six thousand dollar "free" dog). She conned the vet techs out of pizza at the clinic while she was being put down.
(R) previous owner (friend) couldn't keep a big dog anymore after divorce and moving to a tiny apartment. I flew across country and picked him up, threw him in rental car, and we had the best road trip I've ever had in my life driving from Minnesota to Oregon. We had 4 awesome years.

(L) Brought home last fall. Was abused, broken leg as 2 month old puppy. Owner forced to surrender. Couple thousand dollars for this "free" dog. She's alright, but not having had a puppy in a decade has been educational.
(R) Something got through an American Bulldog breeder's fence and he was the result. Wasn't wanted because she couldn't make money off him. Our first puppy, from 2007. He's 11 now, slowing down. Oh, and he had allergies in MN where the meds were $200/mo. For 5 years.

Bonus Glamour Shots. They only had a couple of weeks under the same roof for the older one to impart the important stuff :

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

pumped up for school posted:

My GOON WIFE has a habit of bringing home dogs w/ baggage.

These two assholes died on me last year within a couple months of each other.

(L) brought into wife's clinic to be put down because she needed a bionic leg and they couldn't afford it. We took her and she got another 8 years (and eventually another bionic leg - six thousand dollar "free" dog). She conned the vet techs out of pizza at the clinic while she was being put down.
(R) previous owner (friend) couldn't keep a big dog anymore after divorce and moving to a tiny apartment. I flew across country and picked him up, threw him in rental car, and we had the best road trip I've ever had in my life driving from Minnesota to Oregon. We had 4 awesome years.

(L) Brought home last fall. Was abused, broken leg as 2 month old puppy. Owner forced to surrender. Couple thousand dollars for this "free" dog. She's alright, but not having had a puppy in a decade has been educational.
(R) Something got through an American Bulldog breeder's fence and he was the result. Wasn't wanted because she couldn't make money off him. Our first puppy, from 2007. He's 11 now, slowing down. Oh, and he had allergies in MN where the meds were $200/mo. For 5 years.

Bonus Glamour Shots. They only had a couple of weeks under the same roof for the older one to impart the important stuff :

Aww, bless you for taking those sweeties in :3:

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good

life is ruff

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Its hard to be a dog. Its hard and nobody understands

Spider Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Make tea not war
This is Digby. He's bigger now.

last year he won best in show at the Rising Sun beer festival dog show

Also, he's got a big face

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
My Dane is about 7 years old now.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
this is a couple years old, our beloved floppy-eared GSD is gone now, she misses him but is very picky about friends - they hit it off from the second they met.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
This is Schnitzel. He spends his days travelling the world with us, ignoring famous sights in favour of sniffing butts and rolling in rabbit poo.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Thought I'd take a moment to plug Vet Ranch on youtube in case you hadn't heard about it. They're an animal shelter/vet clinic run off of youtube money making videos about their rescuees. I'm not linking it because the "before" shots can be kinda gruesome at times, but afaik all of them get back to happy go lucky health eventually, so it should be easy enough to find for anyone who likes to see sad puppies become happy puppies :) Click some buttons on there if you are so inclined and help save a puppy or two!

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

webmeister posted:

This is Schnitzel. He spends his days travelling the world with us, ignoring famous sights in favour of sniffing butts and rolling in rabbit poo.

That belly, I’m dying!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

webmeister posted:

you'd be charged with a crime in the UK for this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Im at a pub and this dog is there

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

This is Oliver he's a good boy

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Jose posted:

Pub dogs best dogs

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

that dog told me to tell you he's buying me a beer

SillyEnglishPigDog
Feb 16, 2012

Now go away before I taunt you a second time! :arghfist:
This is my friend's dog Maggie.

This is the only phone picture I have of my dog Jake.

Edit:phone post
Edit2: actually fixed images thanks Geoj

SillyEnglishPigDog fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 7, 2018

Droidmeat
May 30, 2014
Here's my weirdo. He's part collie, part something else. He is also the dumbest dog I have ever met.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

SillyEnglishPigDog posted:

This is my friend's dog Maggie.

This is the only phone picture I have of my dog Jake.

Edit:phone post

Fixed...you need the full image address between the img tags.

DNAmage
Oct 8, 2005

Occult Scientist
Cannot turn to attack.
He mixes biotech and sorcery with sinister results
This is my dog Mags.

She enjoys lazy Sunday afternoons in the sunshine.

She doesn't like to wear clothes.

She is deadly serious about treat time.

She's a good doggy.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Droidmeat posted:

Here's my weirdo. He's part collie, part something else. He is also the dumbest dog I have ever met.

I have this really useless life skill that I rarely get to use - I’m really really good at identifying working type doggos.

Watch this.

He’s all blue Merle rough collie.

:cool:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

Your greyhound Abby is loving awesome.

Thank you friend! :woof:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Make way for Jane

Her favourite thing to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6M3adwCPCU

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Apr 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Why does this thread keep being unstickied?

• Locked thread