Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

"I'll just get a glass of orange juice." "no no no NO NO!!!"
Edit: Nevermind. "Daniel" by Bat for Lashes. I randomly flip to MtvU and what should come on immediately.

DaveSpillings fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 3, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!
I'd like to know what song the music in this trailer comes from:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-mass-effect/49798

Someone said it was a NIN song, but I'm not sure.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
Sound very similar to "The Day The World Went Away" by NIN, but i'm not sure if it actually is the song, or maybe some remix of it?

global gobby goon
Jun 22, 2007

Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven;
lower your eyelids to die with the sun.

DaveSpillings posted:

Keri Hilson - Turnin' me on

It wasn't that, I tried it when I was looking earlier v:)v Thanks though

Reptar The King
Nov 6, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I've had a song stuck in my head for .. God knows how long now. I don't know any lyrics but I know the vocal melody and how it sounds.

There's piano, a guitar with only very slight distortion, and some choral voices, definitely a male and a female. It sounds like it could be a Church song. I feel like I've heard it in a video game commercial.

It's not Sigur Ros (I'm 99% sure of this, I know they were in the Prince of Persia commercial) but it sounds like their style of music.

Hoborg
Oct 19, 2006

by T. Mascis
Music video identification this time:

It may or may not be for a North American or British band, but the 2008 music video features them wearing motion-capture suits (with those white ping-pong balls) against a bright green background. It also features one of the band members bouncing on a trampoline (I can't remember if he was wearing a green or white mocap suit).

It reminded me of the 2008 Olympic ceremonies where hundreds of performers wore green suits covered in LEDs.

Ta!

Hoborg fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 4, 2009

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

W3bbo posted:

Music video identification this time:

It may or may not be for a North American or British band, but the 2008 music video features them wearing motion-capture suits (with those white ping-pong balls) against a bright green background. It also features one of the band members bouncing on a trampoline (I can't remember if he was wearing a green or white mocap suit).

It reminded me of the 2008 Olympic ceremonies where hundreds of performers wore green suits covered in LEDs.

Ta!

'Over And Over' by Hot Chip.

Hoborg
Oct 19, 2006

by T. Mascis

VolumeOverTalent posted:

'Over And Over' by Hot Chip.

Filler Bunny
Jul 16, 2003
Ok. I'm out of ideas. I've googled this song to death with no luck.

It's a hip hop song with a soft piano beat. In the chorus, someone who sounds like Pharrell sings "Ballin, ballin, ba-ba ballin" Or something that SOUNDS like the word "ballin." this isn't jim jones, snoop, or northstar's song "ballin" though.

Here's an image.

Filler Bunny fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 5, 2009

AriGold
Sep 8, 2007

by Ozma
Can someone please help me find out the name of this song or the artist?
I've searched the internet a thousand times.. and the MTV soundtrack website doesn't even have it, can't seem to find anyone that can identify it..

I made a youtube clip,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87aS-6ehVvY

I kinda made out some lyrics..

"She'll make you beg for it, you want it, you like the way you flaunt it, you want it something provoke .. " yeah... no such luck searching those lyrics..

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
My dad's been bugging me about this for a couple weeks and I cant find it on my own so here goes; in the first Charlie the Unicorn, what is the name of the polka they use for the candy mountain song?

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Okay, there's this song I hear at work that I can't figure out who it's by. I would say it's a late 80s early 90s pop song based on the instrumentation, which is bright and bubbly synths. It has a similar drum beat to songs like "Baby Baby" by Amy Grant, if you get what I'm saying.

I assume the singer is male. He has a high pitch voice, and due to the fact that I'm working when I hear this song, I can only make out this repeated line:

"I'll give you all of my love."

If I'm not mistaken, it appears at the end of every stanza.

Filler Bunny
Jul 16, 2003

Cemetry Gator posted:

Okay, there's this song I hear at work that I can't figure out who it's by. I would say it's a late 80s early 90s pop song based on the instrumentation, which is bright and bubbly synths. It has a similar drum beat to songs like "Baby Baby" by Amy Grant, if you get what I'm saying.

I assume the singer is male. He has a high pitch voice, and due to the fact that I'm working when I hear this song, I can only make out this repeated line:

"I'll give you all of my love."

If I'm not mistaken, it appears at the end of every stanza.

Probably Keith Sweat - I'll give all my love to you

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

myself posted:

Oh cool, thank you..! That's cool there's a line in there I was wondering about... Also another song that I'd like the full lyrics too would be Hokka He Ha (1983 Demo) off of Stepping Out Of Line Anthology disk 2...! Thank you!

Hey, sorry this took a little while but the demo quality is a bit more of a challenge! I was hoping if I came back to it after a couple of days I'd be able to fill in the missing words but that doesn't work. Still I'm pretty sure of most of this.

Au Pairs posted:

From the land of the setting sun
Comes a man with a loaded gun, hokka he ha
From the land of the setting sun
Comes a man with a loaded gun, hokka he ha
You got the UN building in the USA, built on red man's land but no CIA, hokka he ha
I said the UN building in the USA, built on red man's blood, what more can I say, hokka he ha
From the ocean pool party in LA, wasichu rule, what the white man say, hokka he ha
From the ocean pool party in LA, Hollywood Babylon in the USA, hokka he ha
Now watch out here he comes, yeah
Three hundred years of White House rule, pride of a nation destroyed
Pursued and persecuted into reservations of ever-diminishing size
Caged behind barriers of social and cultural ignorance
Museum pieces of human culture showcased for weekend holiday amusement
Entertainment?
Cowboy capitalists still wait for the carvery to begin
Their preference for red meat [?] in them of the free spirit which existed in the minds of people thousands of years in advance of iron, horse and cannon
Cowboy [?] arrogant greed have overstepped their boundaries, their reservation now too large to control
They can no longer be sure of controlling the stampede
The dark thunderclouds roll round Fort Whitehouse
Wasichu hokka he ha, wasichu hokka he ha, wasichu hokka he ha
Do you remember the butchered at Wounded Knee
The thundering nation lives in '83, hokka he ha
Do you remember the butchered at Wounded Knee
The thundering nation is you and me, hokka he ha
White man speak with one tongue, white man speak with one tongue

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

PsychoDoughboy posted:

Probably Keith Sweat - I'll give all my love to you

Nah it isn't. That's too much of a slow jam. This one was really bright and poppy, with the male lead singing almost in a near falsetto. It's that late 80s and early 90s sound of synth pop, you know, all bright and shiny. I just can't figure out anything about the song.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
I fell in love with this song from my bellydancing class, but I can't figure out 1) the artist, 2) the title, 3) what language it's in, and therefore 4) any of the lyrics. Any of the above would be wonderful!

http://www.box.net/shared/xct3myuguy

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

blinkeve1826 posted:

I fell in love with this song from my bellydancing class, but I can't figure out 1) the artist, 2) the title, 3) what language it's in, and therefore 4) any of the lyrics. Any of the above would be wonderful!

http://www.box.net/shared/xct3myuguy

It's Turkish, called "Gözünaydin" and it's by Nilüfer.

Don't ask me what it means or is about as I don't actually speak Turkish and thus haven't got the slightest idea. ;)

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
I'm looking for a song on Anticon. I think it might be by Themselves or Why?, but I'm not totally sure.

All I can tell you is it has a loop often used in the chorus that goes "Try, try try try" in a raising voice.

Any tips?

EDIT: It was El-P - Drive. Not "try." Finally found it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=690jZO_g7nQ

f#a# fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 19, 2009

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Rivfader posted:

It's Turkish, called "Gözünaydin" and it's by Nilüfer.

Don't ask me what it means or is about as I don't actually speak Turkish and thus haven't got the slightest idea. ;)

Holy cow, thanks!! Can I ask you how the HECK you figured that out, and so quickly??

JohnScans
Apr 21, 2008

Hug it out bitch
Genre: house/electronica
sounds a lot like Eiffel-65 blue, but I don't think it's a remix of it. Heard it out at the bar both Fri and Sat night.

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

JohnScans posted:

Genre: house/electronica
sounds a lot like Eiffel-65 blue, but I don't think it's a remix of it. Heard it out at the bar both Fri and Sat night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRsx6Z8Qbn0

I'm just guessing it's this because they use the melody as part of the chorus, and it's a pretty popular song now so there's a good chance that you heard it in a bar on a Fri/Sat night.

Pole of Mars
Aug 19, 2008

A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom
Ok. It's funky as hell, lots of bass, it's about 13 minutes long. The singer is probably black and there's a chorus to back him up.

The lyrics goes like this :
"We're gonna rule the world don't you know, don't you know,
We're gonna rule the world, don't you know, don't you know. We're gonna put it together.
(chorus) We're gonna put it together."

and so on.

At one point he rambles about the book of God and the universal truth or something like that. I've googled the lyrics with no results. It's an awesome song. gogo internet

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

blinkeve1826 posted:

Holy cow, thanks!! Can I ask you how the HECK you figured that out, and so quickly??

Shazam. If you own an iPhone it's a free app. You can let it "listen" to some music and it will then compare the recording to a huge rear end database to see if it recognizes it. :)

If people post snippets that's always the first thing I try. Usually it ends with nothing and then the real searching begins. This time it got it right though. :)

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Pole of Mars posted:

Ok. It's funky as hell, lots of bass, it's about 13 minutes long. The singer is probably black and there's a chorus to back him up.

The lyrics goes like this :
"We're gonna rule the world don't you know, don't you know,
We're gonna rule the world, don't you know, don't you know. We're gonna put it together.
(chorus) We're gonna put it together."

and so on.

At one point he rambles about the book of God and the universal truth or something like that. I've googled the lyrics with no results. It's an awesome song. gogo internet

that's "rational culture" by tim maia

JohnScans
Apr 21, 2008

Hug it out bitch

Final Fantasy Baseball posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRsx6Z8Qbn0

I'm just guessing it's this because they use the melody as part of the chorus, and it's a pretty popular song now so there's a good chance that you heard it in a bar on a Fri/Sat night.

woo, its gotta be a remix to this, cause it sounds drat similar.

thanks for the help!

Pole of Mars
Aug 19, 2008

A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom

Blas Elias posted:

that's "rational culture" by tim maia

That's it!

Thank you very much.

Bitey Bunny
May 26, 2009

c h o m p

Final Fantasy Baseball posted:

Since I just replied to the thread I'm going to quote myself from way back in February to see if anyone has any idea.

You said all girl punk band from California... the only one I can think of is Go Betty Go... that it?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
It's a remix type song, electronic of some sort, and uses quotes from the anime Berserk. It goes something like "I am the irrefutable, indisputable, I am time." And I would swear it is called "I am time" as he says that a lot.

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

We don't understand Chinese, dude!
This is an upbeat song I've heard a few times on the local college radio station, but Shazam can never identify it. The only lyrics I can recall are "I'm a dead man," which is repeated many times throughout the song.

Arwox
Mar 19, 2007

Arwox posted:

Im trying to identify a band. They have a song called "No trigger", and are from japan. They are very upbeat and poppy, sort of punkish. I did a youtube search for the BAND No Trigger a while ago, this song came up and i really liked it. The video was the band who were wearing all white playing in a big city, and it showed some girl walking around. Youtubes not bringing me to that video any more and its driving me crazy.

Arwox posted:

The song in this music video is really fast upbeat electronic music. The video is at an air show, and it shows the people attending, but they superimposed childlike drawings over everyones faces.

Ive seen it posted here in NMD but i have no idea where to begin, it was a while ago.

Someone has got to know! :bang:
(two seperate songs/bands)

Das MicroKorg
Sep 18, 2005

Vintage Analog Synthesizer
I'm looking for the artist's name of a cover of "Take the long way home". It's a cute female voice, who sings the song rather quietly. Google and YouTube fails me :-(

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

This music interlude on NPR sounds very familiar, but they don't give any name. Anyone else recognize it?

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
Can't remember thename of the group that had a video that looked like a blaxploitation film,...it came out a few months ago I think and the group has some rappers in it.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

von Manstein posted:

Can't remember thename of the group that had a video that looked like a blaxploitation film,...it came out a few months ago I think and the group has some rappers in it.

Sounds like 'Beggin'' by Madcon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edtun2odUyc

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P

VolumeOverTalent posted:

Sounds like 'Beggin'' by Madcon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edtun2odUyc

No that's not it (although it is catchy), I remember the video had the band members characters running around an amusement park and assaulting a white corrupt cop...

*Found it!* It's Guilty as Charged by Gym Class Heroes

von Manstein fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 14, 2009

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Superrodan posted:

I'm back with another song I doubt anyone will get due to a lack of information. I heard it during an 80s radio hour on a local station that was on in the background. I remember how the main part of the chorus goes and have made an (admittedly horrible and quickly done) replica of it.

The lyrics in the first part that you hear in the replica sounded something like "Jo-in us, Jo-in us" or "jo-y ness, jo-y ness", and then the next part was more lyrics but I couldn't make them out.

This was probably a fairly famous song or group because the station was not playing obscure songs. The song before it was Billy Idol and the one after it was Prince, so it was probably someone fairly popular. I am fairly certain it had a male vocalist.

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/uqaj/join-us

I posted this over a year ago.

Since then, this has been the song that haunted me, because no matter who I went to nobody knew what it was. It would get in my head, and I began to think I was remembering it wrong. Like I couldn't possibly have heard it right. I became shy about singing it to anyone to see if they knew it because I felt like an idiot who was getting a song completely confused.

I just wanted to say that after all this time, the song is JUST as good as I remembered it in my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmevO2V2JxA

Of course I totally misheard the lyrics, but in my defense I still didn't hear them right when I heard it on the radio this evening. Luckily, the DJ said the name of the song.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Anyone know off-hand the piece of classical music here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK8T9SNz-_M#t=6m57s

(Should link to the specific time, but it starts at 6m57s, accompanying the entrance of the Duke of Wellington).

It might have been written specifically for the film or something, but it seems very familiar.

\/\/\/ That's really awesome, thank you!

Lor fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 13, 2009

kundalini rinsing
Jun 3, 2007

Lor posted:

Anyone know off-hand the piece of classical music here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK8T9SNz-_M#t=6m57s

(Should link to the specific time, but it starts at 6m57s, accompanying the entrance of the Duke of Wellington).

It might have been written specifically for the film or something, but it seems very familiar.

"Hail The Conquering Hero" from G.F. Handel's Judas Maccabeus. FYI, for anyone who's looking for identification of a classical piece and knows how to read music well enough to plunk out the melody in a MIDI interface, http://www.tunespotting.com/ is your friend

Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

So what if I'm not for the ever offended?
This is going to be a tough one:

From the 90's
Pop (not dance but regular pop - I think a guitar is involved)
Girl singing (she is a brunette/blond and wears a hat in some scenes.. a "bĝllehat" to be precise - sorry I don't know what you would call such a thing in English but one normally uses it to screen for the sun - no I'm not thinking about a regular cap.)
Something about "have/having fun"
I'm not thinking about "All I wanna do" by Sheryl Crow
The music video have some guys and girls on a trip - I think - and at some point they are at a bar/disco whatever.

If you figure this one out I'll be thankful as well as impressed.

Jarl fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jun 15, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

Jarl posted:

This is going to be a tough one:

From the 90's
Pop (not dance but regular pop - I think a guitar is involved)
Girl singing (she is a brunette/blond and wears a hat in some scenes.. a "bĝllehat" to be precise - sorry I don't know what you would call such a thing in English but one normally uses it to screen for the sun - no I'm not thinking about a regular cap.)
Something about "have/having fun"
I'm not thinking about "All I wanna do" by Sheryl Crow
The music video have some guys and girls on a trip - I think - and at some point they are at a bar/disco whatever.

If you figure this one out I'll be thankful as well as impressed.

please dont tell me you mean "All I Ever Wanted" by Basshunter