Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011

Uncle Ivan posted:

Is that a K1200S for $3000??

It looks like it has a massive fold in the tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ivan
Aug 31, 2001

tbb9 posted:

I'm pretty sure that can be fixed with the $3000 you'll save. Unless there's other issues, I'd buy the poo poo out of that bike.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

tbb9 posted:

It looks like they all do.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Koruthaiolos posted:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Actually, I really like the white as well. I've been looking at prices for white plastics for a while now, but if Hot Sauce gets this one I'd have to give up on that - it'd be too awkward having identical bikes.

Get the white plastics. I don't think there's any way I can get the WRs bars through my doorway to where I'd store a bike :( I think I'm stuck with the ninja until I move somewhere else.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Razzled posted:

If it needs new tires I'd try and drop him to like 2200 ish. Also pray it doesn't erupt in flames (rip my ninja 250).

I saw it, plenty of tread on the tires. He's moving in a month and I'm pretty much the first guy on the list.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

clutchpuck posted:

It looks like they all do.

That rear wheel with a single swing arm :dong:

Outside Dawg
Feb 24, 2013

Chichevache posted:

Where is this?

Missoula MT

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

hot sauce posted:

Get the white plastics. I don't think there's any way I can get the WRs bars through my doorway to where I'd store a bike :( I think I'm stuck with the ninja until I move somewhere else.

You totally can, just crank the bike sideways and turn the front wheel as it goes in and it'll easily fit through any normal (or even narrow) door.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Koruthaiolos agreed to try it out using his bike sometime soon to see if it's possible, so I'm hoping you're right. After the doorway, there is a staircase about 3 ft in which requires an immediate sharp turn. Not too sharp because there is a brick wall on the other side, creating a narrow hallway. I back it in and usually have to just put one leg up on the seat while I'm pushing it back with the other. I guess I'll find out soon, but right now I'm still having a hard time imagining how anything larger than my ninja would fit in there.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
It's a sumo. Just gun it a bit, rebound off the stair, drive up the wall, and park it on the ceiling. Those white plastics look incredible. Now I want a wr again...

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

hot sauce posted:

Koruthaiolos agreed to try it out using his bike sometime soon to see if it's possible, so I'm hoping you're right. After the doorway, there is a staircase about 3 ft in which requires an immediate sharp turn. Not too sharp because there is a brick wall on the other side, creating a narrow hallway. I back it in and usually have to just put one leg up on the seat while I'm pushing it back with the other. I guess I'll find out soon, but right now I'm still having a hard time imagining how anything larger than my ninja would fit in there.

Or an even easier way, turn the bars, lift the front wheel, put on skateboard, wheel through doorway. Or just pop it up onto it's rear wheel turn the bars and walk it along like you used to do with your bicycle.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
Man, if I hadn't just bought my 09 KLR, I'd be all over this '90 I just saw in Knoxville for $2k.

Hubba hubba.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Those are good colors

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

clutchpuck posted:

Those are good colors

Yeah, that's before the 90's decals kicked in.

One of the other pros of the earlier (pre-96) ones is the ability to install a kickstarter, if you're so inclined (I think you can do it on the later ones if you swap the clutch basket or something).

M42
Nov 12, 2012

:haw:

e. haven't seen an ad like this before.

M42 fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 13, 2014

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
:haw: I'll "trade" you these bullets for your biek. Riiiight.

Also drat, DC has a college park too. I thought it was atl's college park and was about to go looking for that space bike to complete my spacelord getup

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Razzled posted:

:haw: I'll "trade" you these bullets for your biek. Riiiight.

A friend of mine just sold his car and got a number of offers to trade guns for it, including one from the person who eventually bought it trying to sweeten the deal.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
:psyduck: Oh god, so many things wrong with that ad, least of which being that gun is a walking felony if it really is full auto. Fortunately I guarantee those magazines will jam up every other round.

Not that I don't fully endorse guns as currency... my first bike only set me back one AK-47 :patriot:

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jun 13, 2014

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

OSU_Matthew posted:

:psyduck: Oh god, so many things wrong with that ad, least of which being that gun is a walking felony if it really is full auto. Fortunately I guarantee those magazines will jam up every other round.

Not that I don't fully endorse guns as currency... my first bike only set me back one AK-47 :patriot:

Full auto is legal in MD.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

hot sauce posted:

A friend of mine just sold his car and got a number of offers to trade guns for it, including one from the person who eventually bought it trying to sweeten the deal.

I don't know if I could ever meet someone on craigslist who has guns to trade them something valuable of mine

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
"If your interested in like $1000 and a gun. Let me know. Id love to get the bike as a starter bike."

Text message I got when trying to sell my ninja250

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I can't wait to see the kind of offers I get when I sell my ninjer. Gold bullion, guns, cars, RVs, $1800 road bicycles, a bundle of 6 iphones, a parking spot in the city are all things I've seen offered here.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ozmiander posted:

Full auto is legal in MD.

Yeah, provided that thing is registered with the BATF. You can't just trade it to some guy for a bike without going through the whole process.

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
I wonder how many people are killed each year with guns bought with dirt bikes....

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Drive-by uzi magdump from the back of a crf250

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Bovril Delight posted:

Yeah, provided that thing is registered with the BATF. You can't just trade it to some guy for a bike without going through the whole process.

Thankfully, obtaining a Title II firearm is a fairly involved 6+ month process.

tbb9 posted:

I wonder how many people are killed each year with guns bought with dirt bikes....

I was utterly blown away by how laughably lax gun laws actually are around here when I first started collecting. There's basically zero accountability for nearly all secondhand firearms--I had a harder time to buying and selling an untitled dirt bike than any firearm :eng99:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

If only the founding fathers had put A Man's Right to Ride Rad Dirtbikes into the constitution :bahgawd:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Did they not? It's all in how you read it.

Stupid Supreme Court!

Outside Dawg
Feb 24, 2013
Those look like loving airsoft, magazines are too small, not to mention UZI's have a vertical pistol grip.
This is an UZI;

Some idiot running a scam of some sort.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
They could be airsoft, but my first impression is that they're some lovely Hi-Point pistol with lookalike aftermarket stock. Basically airsoft quality, but fires real bullets, with predictable results

Outside Dawg
Feb 24, 2013
If they are some sort of carbine kit, the grips are wrong for hipoints as well, could be those fully auto BB guns, if they are actually firearms, I'm pretty sure those foregrips make those a felony.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Man, I never get gun offers, but that's probably because :canada:

I do very frequently get offers of snowmobiles, even when the ad explicity states NO TRADES, I AM LEAVING THE PROVINCE AND DON'T NEED MORE poo poo

The weirdest one yet was some dude offering me 6 treadmills. Like what the gently caress am I going to do with six treadmills? :iiam: I only have so many legs.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Simkin posted:

Man, I never get gun offers, but that's probably because :canada:

I do very frequently get offers of snowmobiles, even when the ad explicity states NO TRADES, I AM LEAVING THE PROVINCE AND DON'T NEED MORE poo poo

The weirdest one yet was some dude offering me 6 treadmills. Like what the gently caress am I going to do with six treadmills? :iiam: I only have so many legs.

Redneck dyno? :shrug:

I still think the best offer I've gotten for a bike was a parrot... if only he had thrown in an eyepatch, that might've sealed the deal

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

OSU_Matthew posted:

Redneck dyno? :shrug:

I still think the best offer I've gotten for a bike was a parrot... if only he had thrown in an eyepatch, that might've sealed the deal

As a bird owner and crazy bird person, that guy is an rear end in a top hat.

On another note, the only thing I've ever been offered is somewhere in the neighborhood of 50% of my asking price :smith:

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/mcy/4507326045.html

$1000 less than similar GS500s go for around here, and the description makes me paranoid as Hell.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Definitely stolen... a new title is fifteen bux and here in Ohio they can print one out for you while you wait. Can't see that as a legitimate reason for asking a thousand dollars less than comparable bikes.

Edit: Just message the guy saying you'll go with him to the DMV and pay for a new title before you buy the bike... I would love to see the convoluted response/explanation for why he can't do it.

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jun 18, 2014

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

OSU_Matthew posted:

Definitely stolen... a new title is fifteen bux and here in Ohio they can print one out for you while you wait. Can't see that as a legitimate reason for asking a thousand dollars less than comparable bikes.

Edit: Just message the guy saying you'll go with him to the DMV and pay for a new title before you buy the bike... I would love to see the convoluted response/explanation for why he can't do it.

Even if new titles were free you're severely overestimating the amount of effort most craigslisters would put in to gain a replacement.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I've bought bikes with lost titles before. In Washington state you can bring the seller to the DOL and they can transfer the title to you on the spot. No key though. No key, no title: might really be stolen.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
Is it low-balling if you offer KBB for a bike priced twice as much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

clutchpuck posted:

I've bought bikes with lost titles before. In Washington state you can bring the seller to the DOL and they can transfer the title to you on the spot. No key though. No key, no title: might really be stolen.

Those two things + recently moved from out of state + Arlington = I'm just not going to waste my time.