Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Finally watching Punisher, and the CG gunshots and blood bursts are reaaaaaallly taking me out of it. I can't imagine how anyone thought this looked good enough to fool anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He also recovers from fatal wounds in 5 minutes. So it's definitely part of the MCU.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

He also recovers from fatal wounds in 5 minutes. So it's definitely part of the MCU.

Comic book Frank survives more poo poo in a single issue than Bruce Willis did across all 5 Die Hard films, I'm fine with that. But for gently caress's sake, put some blanks in those guns and set up some squibs. If I wanted to watch bad superimposed violence over real people playing pretend I'd watch a longplay of Harvester or Ripper.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So I just reminded myself of how amazing Hoon Lee was on Banshee, and went to look up if he's been up to anything lately

And apparently Cinemax has a series coming out called "Warrior" about the Tong Wars in San Francisco, and he plays a major recurring character in it. Greg Yaitanes isn't involved, but Jonathan Tropper is, and Justin Lin is also co-producing it.

I might be a little hard right now.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

So I just reminded myself of how amazing Hoon Lee was on Banshee, and went to look up if he's been up to anything lately

And apparently Cinemax has a series coming out called "Warrior" about the Tong Wars in San Francisco, and he plays a major recurring character in it. Greg Yaitanes isn't involved, but Jonathan Tropper is, and Justin Lin is also co-producing it.

This is based on something Bruce Lee wanted to do before his death; his daughter Shannon is an executive producer and Joe Taslim (the police captain from The Raid) is in it too. You're not hard enough.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm so hard I just grew a dick.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Bruce Lee’s daughter? It MUST be good!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Interesting. Wong Kar Wai is also directing a series about the Tong Wars but it's for Amazon. I wonder if they are direct competing projects just like Armageddon and Deep Impact.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm so hard my dick just grew a dick

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You know, I didn't like the Job character that much. I have no problem with Hoon Lee but I guess maybe I was unfavorably comparing the role to a similar character, Lafayette on True Blood, who is one of my favorite characters of all time. RIP Nelsan Ellis

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mu Zeta posted:

Wong Kar Wai is also directing a series about the Tong Wars but it's for Amazon.

My erection has transferred to this tbh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that’s actually boner-worthy.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DivisionPost posted:

This is based on something Bruce Lee wanted to do before his death; his daughter Shannon is an executive producer and Joe Taslim (the police captain from The Raid) is in it too. You're not hard enough.

Yo! That's awesome.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Mu Zeta posted:

Interesting. Wong Kar Wai is also directing a series about the Tong Wars but it's for Amazon. I wonder if they are direct competing projects just like Armageddon and Deep Impact.

I assume so, but if you compare the two creative teams behind each project—Warrior from Tropper and Lin, Tong Wars from WKW and Paul Attanasio (Homicide, Quiz Show)—it looks like different takes on the same subject, one personal and pulpy, another large-scale and more realistic.

EDIT: A quick look on Wikipedia suggests that it's also covering different spans of time. Warrior is set in the late 1800s; Tong Wars spans from 1905 to 1971.

SON OF EDIT:

Warrior

quote:

Set at the times of the Tong Wars in the late 1800s in San Francisco, the series follows a martial arts prodigy originating in China who moves to San Francisco and ends up becoming a hatchet man for the most powerful tong in Chinatown.

Tong Wars

quote:

Tong Wars follows “the journey of Vicky Sun from a slave girl in turn-of-the-century Chinatown to the richest woman in 1970s San Francisco, a gangster saga that resonates within the complex narrative of the Chinese-American experience.”

Definitely going to be different shows, plus Warrior is much farther along; Tong Wars hasn't even been cast yet.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 13, 2018

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I always get surprised by the fuckin' in these Marvel shows. It's so much raunchier than what my brain says tv shows that aren't on skinemax can get away with.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I was surprised when they said "Captain America" instead of some weird allusion like "guy in the star spangled tights". And they said Sokovia too!

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
YESSS, the greatest Teen Mass Murder Show is back !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76vBRrYyNNc

Ana from Banshee looks like a formidable foe but I'm sure Clarke will come up with a plan for mass murder.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hell yeah I love me some The One Hundred

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
None can stand before the fury of Genghis Clarke.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CeeJee posted:

Ana from Banshee looks like a formidable foe but I'm sure Clarke will come up with a plan for mass murder.

They aren't exactly teens any more since they did that time skip.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I will try it...but I don't know if I can forgive Cinemax for not doing a season 2 of Quarry.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

They aren't exactly teens any more since they did that time skip.

Now they're millenials

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CeeJee posted:

WHAT!

Oh man, dream team.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Now they're millenials

Although even with the time skip the actress who plays Octavia is still way older than her character.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think Clarke was raising a kid a few years now. I'm guessing she dies in the first episode and then Genghis Clarke goes apeshit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Now that I've caught up on iZombie on Netflix I need to catch up with 100. Once they signed that deal to throw CW shows up on Netflix as soon as the season ended I just decided they were now default binge shows if they weren't crossing over with each other. But I totally forgot what crazy mass murdering world ending scenario I left off on with the 100. So I'll probably just watch Crazy Ex Girlfriend instead.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

^^^ Season 3 was the City of Light AI takeover story arc and Season 4 (last season) was the coming radiation storm that would destroy the world.

This week's iZombie had a really hilarious bit, Liv was running on a hopeless romantic brain and the couple of times she pegged a guy as her "true love" the camera went all soft focus and Savage Garden's Truly Madly Deeply started playing.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 14, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Season 3 was a real step down but they came back for some good poo poo in Season 4.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just binged S3 of iZombie and then watched the first 2 episodes of S4 and I kind of just defaulted back to "I like it, its fun and the meta plot is surprisingly engaging, but I rather binge it 3 months from now than watch it every week."

Also I'm just not enamored with some of the life choices the characters made this season so I just rather binge them later to see how it works out then mildly dislike them for weeks on end before they turn it around.

^^^ Season 3 was the City of Light AI takeover story arc and Season 4 (last season) was the coming radiation storm that would destroy the world.
I'm 99% sure I saw S3 and fell out sometime in S4. But I'm not totally sure if it was short of the end of S3, between seasons, or a few episodes into S4. So I probably gotta jump in somewhere mid S3 and refresh myself.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

Season 3 was a real step down but they came back for some good poo poo in Season 4.

I fell off around when the show turned into Jaffa politics and Clarke told her grounder girlfriend/politician she was going to gently caress off to the woods or something. Was that season 3I think?

I always mean to get back into the 100, especially now that it's on netflix.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The 100 has always been kind of bleak as gently caress.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

What makes you say that? Its just a show about a world that has already had nuclear winter, wiped out most of society, and the remaining tiny fraction of survivors send their children on a forced suicide mission to the Earth to test if its safe for them because they're all dying and running out of oxygen.

But there's also pop music.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its kind of hilarious how the first episode had Radioactive play over them landing on Earth and then like 3 episodes later you have a little girl murder one of the main characters and then jump off a cliff, killing herself.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Its kind of hilarious how the first episode had Radioactive play over them landing on Earth and then like 3 episodes later you have a little girl murder one of the main characters and then jump off a cliff, killing herself.

Yeah that was great. I hate little kids in TV shows so it worked out well.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I will say nothing has ever not worked irl like radiation works in that show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

When I do my catch up binge I'll probably rewatch the first 10 minutes of the pilot just because that Imagine Dragons moment is so tonally off from the rest of the show that it cracks me up every time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Somebody should do an edit of all the big drama scenes from later seasons and add that song to them.

Clarke stabs Finn "oh oh whoah oh"

Lexa accidentally being shot "oh oh whoah oh"

Kane gets crucified "oh oh whoah oh"

and of course Clarke on the tower sacrificing herself so the others could get away as the radiation storm comes at her.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The final season of The Americans starts in exactly 2 weeks. I still need to watch last season.

I remember thinking in the show’s first couple seasons that US vs Russia was a bit outdated and they should’ve done US vs China or something more contemporary.

:lol:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The US doesn't want to see Chinese people on TV anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

The US doesn't want to see Chinese people on TV anyway.

Chinese actors would run a mile from being in a show about the chinese government. They do not gently caress around.

Seditious people prison - 20 years.