Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

mango sentinel posted:

Yeah they're in high demand, any time I see them they're like $3-4 a piece.

Yeah it's loving bonkers. Everybody wants them reaver helmets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Someone posted some purple and gold Wraiths a few weeks ago in this thread. They looked pretty good, maybe he could repost them? Could be good inspiration

Idk about Wraiths (Prole Beowulf?) but here's my purple and gold Armiger and full size Knight:

Living Image fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 8, 2018

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

So I'm gonna bang up/bulk out an armiger and use some leftover gorkanaut and/or trukk and battlewagon and bomber and deff dread bitz to turn it into a morkanaut. I just need to figure out a good way to bulk out the legs some more, since they're a bit weedy, the rest will be pretty straight forward.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

S.J. posted:

So I'm gonna bang up/bulk out an armiger and use some leftover gorkanaut and/or trukk and battlewagon and bomber and deff dread bitz to turn it into a morkanaut. I just need to figure out a good way to bulk out the legs some more, since they're a bit weedy, the rest will be pretty straight forward.

Add more legs.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
nice to see all these nice space barbies instead of endless theoryhammering and arguing about bad rules/titty models for once

heres the last pic i took of my old 3rd ed templars a few years back

if you look close you can see the layers of dust on em

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Give the feet wheels.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

dexefiend posted:

I have been trying to find one from ebay or FB. No luck.

I can spare one if you're in the states.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

moths posted:

Give the feet wheels tank treads.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Kabalite warriors with wych legs look awesome and dynamic.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Got some fuckbois to showcase today:

Working on doing 26 duders so this is 5 out of 26 so far.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

nice to see all these nice space barbies instead of endless theoryhammering and arguing about bad rules/titty models for once

heres the last pic i took of my old 3rd ed templars a few years back

if you look close you can see the layers of dust on em

This is the good poo poo. That Dreadnought conversion is a classic and I'm hoping to do something similar eventually with my Templars.

I just built these five dudes last night, using the Pop Goes the Monkey Templar shoulderpads for them. The Tartaros kit is super easy to put together, and I'm impressed with the quality of the 3D printed bits I've had lying around for the past few months.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Interesting if true.

I'd be ALLLLLLLL over a rogue trader kill team to paint if absolutely nothing else.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Artum posted:

Interesting if true.

I'd be ALLLLLLLL over a rogue trader kill team to paint if absolutely nothing else.

Yeah that sounds like a lot of fun to paint. I love crazy oddball 40K miniatures like that.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

Interesting if true.

Me too, and I would probably never use the models. That's exciting! Maybe this is why they've been featuring the blanchitsu stuff in every white dwarf for the last few months. (aside from them just being cool).

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Artum posted:

Interesting if true.

I'll eat my pizza hat again if this is true.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

SRM posted:

This is the good poo poo. That Dreadnought conversion is a classic and I'm hoping to do something similar eventually with my Templars.

I just built these five dudes last night, using the Pop Goes the Monkey Templar shoulderpads for them. The Tartaros kit is super easy to put together, and I'm impressed with the quality of the 3D printed bits I've had lying around for the past few months.

Do the shoulderpads come with the 3d printed step-line things?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I'll eat my pizza hat again if this is true.
Sounds like a :toxx: to me

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Artum posted:

Interesting if true.

Considering the Kill Team trailer showed Admech vs. Genestealer Cult I sincerely doubt it. The new terrain will be reason enough to pick that set up.

OhDearGodNo posted:

Do the shoulderpads come with the 3d printed step-line things?

They're very faint, I think primer will cover them. It's been my concern with 3D printed stuff.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

SRM posted:

They're very faint, I think primer will cover them. It's been my concern with 3D printed stuff.

Can you take a close up shot?

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

I'm getting rid of my 40k stuff thats not ork stuff and listed it all on eBay take a look if you all want its mostly Sisters of battle and space marine stuff with a little bit of imperial guard Ill be listing some Tau stuff later
https://www.ebay.com/usr/haruharuharuko?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

SRM posted:

The new terrain will be reason enough to pick that set up.

I was planning on getting it for that first and foremost, that plus the moon base set and eventually a fatmat seemed like a plan for getting my own terrain collection started.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Hahaha, I'm the dude 2nd from left who can't aim past his ridiculous winged pauldron.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ilor posted:

Hahaha, I'm the dude 2nd from left who can't aim past his ridiculous winged pauldron.

"This is bullshit guys, your wings are all little and flat"

"Shut up Thaddius you lost the rock paper scissors fair and square you get the dumb pauldron"

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Total lack of periferal vision is a proud space marine tradition.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Groetgaffel posted:

There is no need to look sideways when the Emperor watches over you!

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Rogue trader kill team is complete horseshit, they already showed the promo video. What you will probably be able to do is make an inquisitor band in the rules for Kill Team.

I was planning on using Van Saars to make stormtroopers.

And the Blanchitsu stuff is for a game John and his mates play.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Groetgaffel posted:

To play devil’s advocate, when I’d get in full battle rattle my IOTV would hunch up to my ears when I’d sit down- but standing up they’d square away again.

So could just be from being seated.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

OhDearGodNo posted:

To play devil’s advocate, when I’d get in full battle rattle my IOTV would hunch up to my ears when I’d sit down- but standing up they’d square away again.

So could just be from being seated.
Don't worry, Calgar isn't the only offender.

*points vaguely in your direction while staring into his own collar*

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SRM posted:

Considering the Kill Team trailer showed Admech vs. Genestealer Cult I sincerely doubt it. The new terrain will be reason enough to pick that set up.

It was all existing models, right? They did that with the previous Kill Team because it was just a random thing they threw out and didn't expect to be very successful. With this release I would think they'd throw some new models in there. Like they did with the Assassins game or Forgebane

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

It was all existing models, right? They did that with the previous Kill Team because it was just a random thing they threw out and didn't expect to be very successful. With this release I would think they'd throw some new models in there. Like they did with the Assassins game or Forgebane

Depends on what the point of Kill Team is. As a gateway game it can just be based on troops boxes. At best you'd want maybe nids and csm core troops updated for that, if GW cared that much about good quality models for it.

Any other faction troops particularly lacking that I'm not thinking of? (Besides obvious stuff like sisters)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

General Olloth posted:

Depends on what the point of Kill Team is. As a gateway game it can just be based on troops boxes. At best you'd want maybe nids and csm core troops updated for that, if GW cared that much about good quality models for it.

Any other faction troops particularly lacking that I'm not thinking of? (Besides obvious stuff like sisters)

Primaris Scouts

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

SRM posted:

teenage me appreciates your praise. ive hilariously slowly been in the process of updating my boys. plan is to rebase my old stuff, do some touchups (edge highlight, do something with the scheme to break up the black an white monotony) and buying some newer kits to fill holes in the roster. unfortunately, i dont have much desire to actually play this edition, and i have done a very poor job of convincing my friends to get into mini gaming in general. that makes it hard to get motivated to spend large amounts of my limited freetime loving about with lil plastic and metal mans

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

The redshirt at my store was pretty confident they will sell the kill team rules separately as well if there is a box, though if the terrain is discounted in the box like last time, everyone is going to be buying it like that

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Groetgaffel posted:

Man some 40k art is so completely radical, this pic of Silas Hand from Daemonifuge is my current background.

Cainer fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 9, 2018

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
x-post

Artum posted:

Got my first 5 lads done for forge world Konor, hopefully the next bunch wont take me quite so long now that I've gotten a feel for the method. Next up is my tech priest dominus whose nearly ready to shade and being a massive tart for painting characters I'll get him done faster.

Lighting's even worse than usual since my directed lamp's bulb died as i was repositioning it for this and its too hot to change right now :v:.

(Also no I didnt forget to put the flasks on the side of the plasma callivers shut up its fine.)

I still need to make up my mind whether Im building an onager or an armiger next since the onagers more important but the the armiger seems like more fun to build and paint.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Ilor posted:

I specifically did it because those pads are so dumb, I couldn't NOT do it. Kind of like that one meme of the marine who is pointing a plasma gun and is averting his eyes to brace for overheat.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Could Khornate Night Lords be a "thing"?

I'm feeling like multiplying the ridiculousness, and they're both into the number 8?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 9, 2018

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
There was a character just like that in the excellent Night Lords trilogy by ADB. Uzas, I think his name was.

So yes, it’s definitely a thing.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Nope. Completely impossible. No way. Night Lords are known for wielding Chainsword tipped spears, and no Custodian would ever fall to Chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Nope. Completely impossible. No way. Night Lords are known for wielding Chainsword tipped spears, and no Custodian would ever fall to Chaos.