Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenny Logins posted:

oh, urbandictionary

:kiss:

1. "slore"? (i can guess, but still. :cripes:)

2. they're probably thinking of dizzy gillespie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

prefect posted:

1. "slore"? (i can guess, but still. :cripes:)

2. they're probably thinking of dizzy gillespie

i remember about 15-20 years ago my "edgy" acquaintances started using the term "prostatots" to demarcate young girls that looked like younger versions of the pretty girls our own age that would never have sex with them in a million years. anytime it came up it was pretty much :cripes:

anyway, edgy vernacular. edgy vernacular never changes. only the implements with which it is waged

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I don't have a tumblr but this is worth re-posting from fishmech's:

http://codeman38.tumblr.com/post/159960477943/my-wife-suggested-that-i-try-training-a-neural posted:

My wife suggested that I try training a neural network on the names of thoroughbred horses. So to start off, I created a text file with HorseRacingNation’s top 500 list and trained an RNN on it. Because this is a relatively small data set for a neural network, I decided to round up from the longest name in the set and use 20 characters of preceding context.

Even with these limitations, it still managed to come up with some surprisingly realistic-sounding names:

Stomp Live
Fold Patcher
Pear Ball Pline
Smart Bluth
Gallant Mate
Nasa Ball Prance
Sun Beaution
The Badd
Sparse
Strew Cat
Wind Right
Prince Sing
Princess Ruck
Big Blush
Single Dance
Man’s Reason
Winch Pace
Big the Praise
Liver Pleasure

However, I wouldn’t necessarily want to bet on these horses:

Shart Ball
Midnight Ticcer
Ein Bag
Eight Bag
Bone Beg Rucky
Mind Reak
Royal Plight
Master Con
Roast Danger

Edited to add: Oh, yeah, one other thing: despite the fact that “Ball” keeps recurring in the output, none of the horses in the training set had “Ball” anywhere in their names.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

had one of these in black & rust way back when and it was a hoot to drive :allears:

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
This is my wallpaper

There are many like it.

But this one is mine.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Video Nasty posted:

I don't have a tumblr but this is worth re-posting from fishmech's:

the names are the only good thing about horse racing

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

E: Oh poo poo, that looks like anime, it's not, are 80s Japanese car ads banable? Guess I'm gonna find out.

love the aesthetic

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

prefect posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potoooooooo

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
okay, i forgot about the racetrack announcers in old movies. that's the other good thing about horse racing

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

prefect posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0RSHFoRbiE

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

E: Oh poo poo, that looks like anime, it's not, are 80s Japanese car ads banable? Guess I'm gonna find out.

my dad bought one of these new when it came out and he always talks about what a great car it was and the only reason he got rid of it was because he had me and mom dad and I couldn't fit in a two seater...

welp.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

prefect posted:

okay, i forgot about the racetrack announcers in old movies. that's the other good thing about horse racing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC7zRboFh8I

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nitr0 posted:

my dad bought one of these new when it came out and he always talks about what a great car it was and the only reason he got rid of it was because he had me and mom dad and I couldn't fit in a two seater...

welp.

of course you can. it's a hatchback. mom and dad sit up front and baby goes in a car seat in the trunk.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

:kimchi:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

prefect posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sNp8dnUe5A

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i hate phantom spaceman :mad:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
happy may day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njG7p6CSbCU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
happy may day

be sure to take the day off without telling your boss and/or take poo poo from the office

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/GameHistoryOrg/status/855493884641763329

lots of gold in there

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
what is going on w/ those scorpionlady nips

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Stymie posted:

happy may day

be sure to take the day off without telling your boss and/or take poo poo from the office

i'm working and then leaving early to interview for a new gig

i don't know if i'm embracing the spirit of may day or stomping all over it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i think it's like marisa tomei in the wrestler

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi/status/844975264899620864

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
trying to find that video of an atheist with a beard and thick english accent complaining about apologists; esp about the one about bananas and peanut butter

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

big rings

etherealshaq
Mar 6, 2010

COME DOWN AND EAT CHICKEN WITH ME, BEAUTIFUL. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO DARK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tQK6mHX-bA

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
lol

double ohm seven
Jul 14, 2016

man, gently caress that carrier landing sequence.

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

This satisfies the crab

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

double ohm seven posted:

man, gently caress that carrier landing sequence.

that's the best part!

that and the in air refueling.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

paging smoka

isn't this exactly where u live? lol

https://twitter.com/estolte/status/859155097892274176

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

NoneMoreNegative posted:

had one of these in black & rust way back when and it was a hoot to drive :allears:

yeah I had a girl once too :smith:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Kenny Logins posted:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

quote:

Sid: Top Gun is a story about a man's struggle with his own homosexuality. It is! That is what Top Gun is about, man. You've got Maverick, all right? He's on the edge, man. He's right on the loving line, all right? And you've got Iceman, and all his crew. They're gay, they represent the gay man, all right? And they're saying, go, go the gay way, go the gay way. He could go both ways.

Duane: What about Kelly McGillis?

Sid: Kelly McGillis, she's heterosexuality. She's saying: no, no, no, no, no, no, go the normal way, play by the rules, go the normal way. They're saying no, go the gay way, be the gay way, go for the gay way, all right? That is what's going on throughout that whole movie... He goes to her house, all right? It looks like they're going to have sex, you know, they're just kind of sitting back, he's takin' a shower and everything. They don't have sex. He gets on the motorcycle, drives away. She's like, "What the gently caress, what the gently caress is going on here?" Next scene, next scene you see her, she's in the elevator, she is dressed like a guy. She's got the cap on, she's got the aviator glasses, she's wearing the same jacket that the Iceman wears. She is, okay, this is how I gotta get this guy, this guy's going towards the gay way, I gotta bring him back, I gotta bring him back from the gay way, so I'll do that through subterfuge, I'm gonna dress like a man. All right? That is how she approaches it. Okay, now let me just ask you - I'm gonna digress for two seconds here. I met this girl Amy here, she's like floating around here and everything. Now, she just got divorced, right? All right, but the REAL ending of the movie is when they fight the MIGs at the end, all right? Because he has passed over into the gay way. They are this gay fighting loving force, all right? And they're beating the Russians, the gays are beating the Russians. And it's over, and they loving land, and Iceman's been trying to get Maverick the entire time, and finally, he's got him, all right? And what is the last loving line that they have together? They're all hugging and kissing and happy with each other, and Ice comes up to Maverick, and he says, "Man, you can ride my tail, anytime!" And what does Maverick say? "You can ride mine!" Swordfight! Swordfight! Fuckin' A, man!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
masturbating-on-antidepressants.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

• Locked thread