Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Good Listener posted:

I like Dan but he definitely can grate on the nerves for sure. I haven't listened to Giant Bomb since they canned Voidburger and Jason though. I really am not expecting them to be around too much longer with the recent Fandom poo poo. That being said also, I never really cared for their wrestle opinions unless Jeff or Alex were on.

I am salty that they canned Voidburger, she's hysterical.

Also, I met Alex at a NJPW show in NYC, so he has good taste confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Quantum of Phallus posted:

wrong and only a complete idiot rereg guy would say this

Nah

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Meltzer is the king

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

explosivo posted:

Buncha fed marks left over at Giantbomb. They did a powerbombcast yesterday and it was mostly them saying how heinous the Vince stuff is but "He's definitely gone for good now" and then talked about how lame the rumble was but how great and hot WWE is, and how boring and bad AEW is while admitting that none of them actually watch AEW anymore. Sounded like a wrestling version of RLM's Nerd Crew.

All they need is to bring Greg Miller on, that would be... Very Cool!

Dan leaving the WWE because they didn't understand podcasting, yet still talk them up is still the most distressing thing. Grubb being there just comes second.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sex Farm posted:

Meltzer is the king

epic

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

TelevisedInsanity posted:

All they need is to bring Greg Miller on, that would be... Very Cool!

Dan leaving the WWE because they didn't understand podcasting, yet still talk them up is still the most distressing thing. Grubb being there just comes second.

Dan Ryckert somehow going through the wwe machine and not being ground into peanut butter does not make any sense to me

how the gently caress did he not have Vince personally spitting into his mouth on a daily basis

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Dan Ryckert somehow going through the wwe machine and not being ground into peanut butter does not make any sense to me

how the gently caress did he not have Vince personally spitting into his mouth on a daily basis

As we've learned, Vince doesn't like it if it''s consensual.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

rotinaj posted:

Being a walking talking mark helps

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dan Ryckert thinks egg whites are melted down egg shells

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

NienNunb posted:

He literally put empty egg shells in a pan and tried to cook them. He's a treasure.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

he's right

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

Thankfully this forum switched over to Deadlock instead of whoever this guy is. Yikes.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

quote:

ECW November To Remember 1997 - The Sandman vs Sabu: Tables & Ladders Match | DEADLOCK Watch This #176
Just now

It seems like it's ECW month here at DEADLOCK, and the hits keep coming with this incredible mat classic between two ECW legends, Sabu & The Sandman! Also, The Sandman may or may not have done acid before this match. Enjoy!

5 minutes in and the sandman has still not remembered he is out there to wrestle a match and is just wandering around the outside of the ring smoking lmao

e: haha sabu got tired of waiting

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

5 minutes in and the sandman has still not remembered he is out there to wrestle a match and is just wandering around the outside of the ring smoking lmao

Sandman being on acid explains ALOT :lol:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...g%20the%20bout.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
sabu goes for the pin immediately after getting him in the ring and when sandman kicks out at 1 you can feel sabu's soul going

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGr69fOGTJA

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Thankfully this forum switched over to Deadlock instead of whoever this guy is. Yikes.

Giant Bomb thread died because it sucks now, so now we are all marks for when Deadlock recaps a "surprise run in" by, in unison screaming OHHH MYYYY like Michael Cole

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

was there a b&v show last night? haven't gotten anything from my podcatcher thingy yet

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lone Goat posted:

was there a b&v show last night? haven't gotten anything from my podcatcher thingy yet

Yep, they covered Dynamite (both loved it) and NXT (Vinny hated it), and there was a brief and very uncomfortable bit where they covered some news story about a pro-wrestler being involved in a murder but said they had no details and weren't going to speculate on some of the names that are apparently being bandied about (I don't think I've seen this covered anywhere else on the Observer?)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Yep, they covered Dynamite (both loved it) and NXT (Vinny hated it), and there was a brief and very uncomfortable bit where they covered some news story about a pro-wrestler being involved in a murder but said they had no details and weren't going to speculate on some of the names that are apparently being bandied about (I don't think I've seen this covered anywhere else on the Observer?)

Billy Jack Haynes, the details are very sad.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Giant Bomb thread died because it sucks now, so now we are all marks for when Deadlock recaps a "surprise run in" by, in unison screaming OHHH MYYYY like Michael Cole

The giant bomb thread sucked for a while and was very wierd with people being wierd about people they had parasocial relationships with.

But it was very funny that one goon kept accidentally posting his comic strip thread comics in there so you'd have people arguing about Giant Bomb then suddenly this week's Heathcliffe and Arlo & Jannis

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

there was exactly one good post in the Giant Bomb thread and it was when Jeff posted "gas" on the first page

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Billy Jack Haynes, the details are very sad.

Oh man, yeah reading up on it now and that's awful :smith:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jeff Gerstmann playing NES games is the best weekly podcast going right now

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NienNunb posted:

The man is right

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Jerusalem posted:

Huh, it didn't come up in the queue but all the other shows (WOL, Adam and Mike, WON with Garrett) before and after were there. I'll just download it manually the old-fashioned way, thanks for he heads up.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Raskolnikov38 posted:

This match is incredible

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

the giant bomb thread died because whatever lovely shambling husk of a website made of up complete randoms that mostly had no history with giantbomb until a year or so ago still exists it's giantbomb in name only and should have been rebranded as soon as jeff gerstmann and rorie left (and vinny, brad, drew, ryan, patrick and alex were also already gone)

no idea what they are going for nowadays but I know it wasn't for me and I don't know who it's for

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/live/kCppH1hHMmc?si=HaDDJPyfElq8wZzA

I'm going to miss Jim Valley.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Orange Carlisle posted:

the giant bomb thread died because whatever lovely shambling husk of a website made of up complete randoms that mostly had no history with giantbomb until a year or so ago still exists it's giantbomb in name only and should have been rebranded as soon as jeff gerstmann and rorie left (and vinny, brad, drew, ryan, patrick and alex were also already gone)

no idea what they are going for nowadays but I know it wasn't for me and I don't know who it's for

I could have sworn that Jan Ochoa joined the roster way before 2017, and was all set to go and argue in his defense before checking when he got hired

lol yeah the company barely could be called giantbomb during the redventures years, now that fandom owns it, even less so

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Every website I enjoyed in high school/college hollowing out and becoming shambling husks of their former selves in the last five years sure has been something to behold.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

jeff gerstmann's solo content has been good. my favorite videos on giant bomb back in the day were his jar time videos so i'm down to hear that man ramble about video games for three hours

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

It's been a delight to give Jeff my money just so I can suggest lovely NES games for him to play and rank. The struggle of waiting to see if Golgo 13 is better than Dynowarz: The Destruction Of Spondylus is a real thing and its killing me

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Jim is talking to Fumi about Rossy right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7kYP4jKCzM

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Fumi says he's not been speaking to Dave about Stardom

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

NienNunb posted:

agreed

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Fumi really laying into Bushiroad

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

fez_machine posted:

Fumi really laying into Bushiroad

Rossy's western mouth piece? No way

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Fumi says the new promotion already has a belt, a name, and is registered in Jpaan. Fumi says five American wrestlers lined up. Booked for Sumo Hall sometime in the next year.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That seems comically optimistic. Before Bushiroad and their promotional weight got behind them Stardom were doing between 800 & 1100 in Korakuen on the regular. They ran Ryogoku Kokugikan once, in 2013. But sure, without the financial backing and with a fraction of the roster (presumably) they are going to run Sumo Hall